MAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
StevieUAlum

Re: MAC 2024

Post by StevieUAlum »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am
StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am
Duckdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am Ducks beat eastern.
Great to see them play lots of young players late in game. Also glad to see more midfielders used early. More than any other game this year.

Also saw the Stockton vs Arcadia score. Anyone have insight? 10-1 at half doesn’t quite add up. Ducks scrimmaged Stockton and handled them, BUT Stockton has played some good games this season.

Also surprised by the desales vs Cabrini result. I thought this was going to be a more competitive game.

Misericordia was up on Ithaca early. But Ithaca pulled away.

Anyone know much about Lebanon Val? They are new on the Mac freedom side.
Nice showing for the Ducks after running into the buzzsaw known as Tufts. Did not expect a 15 goal margin in this one but Stevens is clearly the runaway best team in the MAC on both sides this year.

As for your question regarding Leb Val.....I think it goes without saying they usually always have the coaching advantage with Coach Haus roaming the bench. Haven't seen them play this year but based off last year Leb Vals best players are 4, 6, 21, 23 and 36.
a little premature to give stevens the title of best on both sides of the MAC. Stevens isn’t the only team to blow out eastern this year. stevens had a nice win over wesleyan, but that win isn’t any more impressive then stevenson and York beating W&L. stevens looks comparable to last year, as do both York and Stevenson.
I don't forsee Eastern losing by 15 plus to York or Stevenson, too much familiarity. I've seen a lot of York and Stevie this year. Don't think they are as good as they have been the last 5-10 seasons in the MAC/CAC.

My reasoning for Stevens being my runaway best team on either side is bc outside of the Tufts game they've handled business, the North is a diverse beast this year and whoever comes out of there will most likely be playing Salisbury. Stevens could be a surprise in the South come late April and May. Wouldn't be surprised if they get past the 2nd Round.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:11 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am If there are any DeSales (Allentown College) alums on here, just wanted to express appreciation for traveling to Radnor today! Best of luck in this contest and beyond!

I took an overnight at Allentown back in 1999. Winter visit. Boys could drink, and were affable, but that place wasn't for me. We ended up playing you guys my Freshman year. Colf, leans in pre-game and says, "I guess we find out if you made the right choice today." We lost, I think 10-9. Would have to look it up. A kid for you all went off (Tyler Fields) and we were sloppy as hell. Many a slip between a cup and a lip Colf!
Not a DeSales guy (I do know 2), but I enjoyed reading the memories. A different age in recruiting, to say the least.

Dude, we probably all have some gems. I remember being at FDU for an overnight. Terrible culture at that time. I had like 7 Natty Ice's and passed out on the Senior's dorm room floor.

You won't catch me telling our Cabrini recruiting stories on here, with respect to Colf. But needless to say, they were fun.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am Dude, we probably all have some gems. I remember being at FDU for an overnight. Terrible culture at that time. I had like 7 Natty Ice's and passed out on the Senior's dorm room floor.

You won't catch me telling our Cabrini recruiting stories on here, with respect to Colf. But needless to say, they were fun.
Yessir, loose lips sink ships. Thank God there wasn’t the level of social media or cloud photo storage.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am I don't forsee Eastern losing by 15 plus to York or Stevenson, too much familiarity. I've seen a lot of York and Stevie this year. Don't think they are as good as they have been the last 5-10 seasons in the MAC/CAC.

My reasoning for Stevens being my runaway best team on either side is bc outside of the Tufts game they've handled business, the North is a diverse beast this year and whoever comes out of there will most likely be playing Salisbury. Stevens could be a surprise in the South come late April and May. Wouldn't be surprised if they get past the 2nd Round.
Stevens certainly has built a great team. Would be nice if these teams regularly played MAC cross-overs with each other.

Wouldn’t be hard to slap a name to it, build the internal rivalries, and market it. (Even if they played each other spread over a few weeks, similar to the “little 3”)
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am I don't forsee Eastern losing by 15 plus to York or Stevenson, too much familiarity. I've seen a lot of York and Stevie this year. Don't think they are as good as they have been the last 5-10 seasons in the MAC/CAC.

Stevens certainly has built a great team. Would be nice if these teams regularly played MAC cross-overs with each other.

Wouldn’t be hard to slap a name to it, build the internal rivalries, and market it. (Even if they played each other spread over a few weeks, similar to the “little 3”)
something like the NFL does, where you rotate a few cross conference each season. both york and Stevenson do a great job with OOC schedules.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
York vs Gettysburg
Stevenson vs F&M

Saturday-
Stevenson vs Eastern
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:40 pm MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
York vs Gettysburg
Stevenson vs F&M

Saturday-
Stevenson vs Eastern
Going to piggyback on my comments in the preseason.....Eastern might be a tier 3 team in the MAC this year. I really was expecting a better showing from them against the Stangs.

On the flip side I really like the pop I'm seeing from Stevensons offense. Lots of youth that is really starting to gel. Zick and Scaliti are AA caliber midfielders without question, who are the party starters on offense. Very excited for the coming games and end of they year matchup with York.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
Eastern vs Messiah

Saturday-
York vs Eastern
Last edited by DeepPocket on Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

Stevenson strength on O is their midfield (none of their attack are dodging threats).

York traditionally has excelled with their strong stable of D mids and LSMs.

How do we think those two units match up? Mentzer for York is a multiple AA at SSDM and Shields has been terrific as a two-way middie.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

LILaxGuy08 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:36 am Stevenson strength on O is their midfield (none of their attack are dodging threats).

York traditionally has excelled with their strong stable of D mids and LSMs.

How do we think those two units match up? Mentzer for York is a multiple AA at SSDM and Shields has been terrific as a two-way middie.
york freshman SSDM #11 is making a mark for freshman of the year in the MAC.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Good one going out in St David’s PA as Messiah leads Eastern 7-6 at the half. The battle for that third spot in the MAC-C is heating up.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:09 pm Good one going out in St David’s PA as Messiah leads Eastern 7-6 at the half. The battle for that third spot in the MAC-C is heating up.
11-10 Messiah in the 4th
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:09 pm Good one going out in St David’s PA as Messiah leads Eastern 7-6 at the half. The battle for that third spot in the MAC-C is heating up.
11-10 Messiah in the 4th
Messiah wins it 15-12. Huge win for the program. Tight game that got chippy on several occasions. Hoping these 2 teams meet again this season.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm
11-10 Messiah in the 4th
Messiah wins it 15-12. Huge win for the program. Tight game that got chippy on several occasions. Hoping these 2 teams meet again this season.
Dan Carson continues to add young talent at Messiah. Projected as the MAC-C 5 seed they remain ahead of schedule and continue to build roster depth. It the few remaining roster holes can be filled, 2025 could get interesting.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

NElaxtalent wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:07 pm Dan Carson continues to add young talent at Messiah. Projected as the MAC-C 5 seed they remain ahead of schedule and continue to build roster depth. It the few remaining roster holes can be filled, 2025 could get interesting.
Indeed. There is a bright future at Messiah under the young coach. York, Stevenson, Messiah, Eastern all in the conversation, has a nice ring to it. Great for the MAC C.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:43 am
NElaxtalent wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:07 pm Dan Carson continues to add young talent at Messiah. Projected as the MAC-C 5 seed they remain ahead of schedule and continue to build roster depth. It the few remaining roster holes can be filled, 2025 could get interesting.
Indeed. There is a bright future at Messiah under the young coach. York, Stevenson, Messiah, Eastern all in the conversation, has a nice ring to it. Great for the MAC C.

Berg, Teresky? & McNelley is an attack anyone would struggle with in D3. No one knows how good this Messiah attack unit is and can be. I'd arguably give them the top spot as a unit in the MAC.

The Commonwealth is in good hands going forward!
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I see Stevenson winning MACC.
Just feel York isnt right. Even today’s game just seems like a York team letting lesser opponent hang around.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

I think the score of the York/Eastern game was closer than it actually was with Eastern scoring a couple of late goals. However, I sit down at my computer and pull up the Stevenson/Alvernia game and it's 10-0 already. Another team that Stevenson has come out and put away early. So, I would agree with your assessment that Stevenson appears to be the favorite. I would not be shocked though if these teams split the regular season and MAC Championship.

Also, I hate that this game is on a Wednesday night.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

yes. stevenson is clearly the best. they were up 12-1 at half over alvernia and york was only up 10-2. clearly the dominant team. york is so weak for playing freshman in the first quarter when they should have scored two more goals first. i hear york is so afraid to play stevenson that half the teams is already getting sick

and yes. todays game was much closer then the score. although york was up 10-4 at half, stevenson was dominating eastern 11-5 at half. much strong team.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I am not sure that was meant at me laxattackjack.
I was really stating my gut feeling. I am not saying it’s a runaway. But the York eastern score makes me lean to Stevenson. God knows I could be wrong….just ask my wife and kids!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”