MAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Jumbo

Re: MAC 2024

Post by Jumbo »

laxrules wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 am Yes true. guess what I meant is York is usually in the discussion for a pool c but that discussion is now closed in 2024
i don’t think york is eliminated from an at large bid yet. lots of good teams this year will be beating each other up. and last year, Amherst was invited with 5 losses and only one win vs tourney teams (york, early in season). if york runs the table, that would give them wins over W&L, Denison, grove city and Gettysburg. if they lose the MAC to stevenson, that means stevenson would be pretty good, and probably ranked.

but i think this year is very similar to last year. York lost lots of close games to top teams. had 4 losses after the Mustang classic. stevenson also similar to last year. 3 losses going into the mustang classic and splitting games that weekend. with a close win over dickinson. a better team last year than W&L this year. so a better win.

it is a two team race in the mac and if both teams finish strong, it wouldn’t shock me with both teams making it
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

I'd argue the opposite. Just ask Cantabene about the last 2-3 years being 2-5 coming out the gauntlet and having to play York twice and losing.

It got Stevie at home on the couch watching. Loser of the commonwealth champ game if it's York vs Stevenson will most likely find themselves on the outside looking in.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

At this point in the season the loser of the Commonwealth will probably not make the NCAA tournament. York does have a better path. Regionally ranked wins are key. Stevenson has the W&L win but will be hard pressed to get any more. I doubt they will beat Salisbury and I doubt F&M will be regionally ranked. York has the W&L win as well but their remaining schedule is slightly more favorable. They have Grove City, Denison and Gettysburg coming up, win those three and things look a bit better for an at large bid.
Right now the Liberty and NESCAC will gobble up all of the at large bids. Things can change as they beat each other up in their leagues.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:27 am [quote=laxrules post_id=529859 time=<a href="tel:1710825665">1710825665</a> user_id=684]
… York is usually in the discussion for a pool c …
Also incorrect. They’ve been the AQ since they entered the conference.

They will need the AQ this year, same as last year.
[/quote]

I am not here to argue. You aren’t understanding. IN THE DISCUSSION if the didn’t win the AQ. In the discussion as the season is unfolding and the “what if” York doesn’t win the MAC- C. I am aware they have won the AQ, but if they hadn’t they were solidly in the discussion!! Jeez!!
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Wow. Stevens getting killed. Not necessarily surprised but thought poor weather would favor them. Anyone know if they’ve ever beat tufts? Seems like that game is scheduled every year to me. Not sure if anyone has context as to why tufts schedules if they consistently put a beat down on
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41 pm Wow. Stevens getting killed. Not necessarily surprised but thought poor weather would favor them. Anyone know if they’ve ever beat tufts? Seems like that game is scheduled every year to me. Not sure if anyone has context as to why tufts schedules if they consistently put a beat down on
The list of teams who play Tufts competitively is pretty short...
richard

Post by richard »

Danolfo like to run it up. Once Tufts gets a good lead and the opponent has to extend out it plays righ into them scoring 20-30.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Grove city beats York.
Tufts beats stevens big!
Tops of the MACF and MACC having a tough day.
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41 pm Wow. Stevens getting killed. Not necessarily surprised but thought poor weather would favor them. Anyone know if they’ve ever beat tufts? Seems like that game is scheduled every year to me. Not sure if anyone has context as to why tufts schedules if they consistently put a beat down on
Big Tufts alumni base in NYC, is usually the only chance those alums get to see the team play in person. Historically has been a more competitive game (2019 game was a slugfest), but Stevens doesn’t have a Ryan Gebhardt type player anymore that can bridge that gap
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

laxrules wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:55 pm Grove city beats York.
Tufts beats stevens big!

and Messiah went down as well 19-15 to St Mary's. Those 3 D1 transfers are legit. They scored 14 out of the 15 goals. No one else on the roster really did anything
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Frank Rizzo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:06 am
laxrules wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:55 pm Grove city beats York.
Tufts beats stevens big!

and Messiah went down as well 19-15 to St Mary's. Those 3 D1 transfers are legit. They scored 14 out of the 15 goals. No one else on the roster really did anything
D1 transfers?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:39 am [quote="Frank Rizzo" post_id=532323 time=<a href="tel:1711379212">1711379212</a> user_id=4845]
[quote=laxrules post_id=531560 time=<a href="tel:1711227342">1711227342</a> user_id=684]
Grove city beats York.
Tufts beats stevens big!

[/quote]

D1 transfers?
[/quote]

Michae McKnelly played at Marist and Chad Teresky at Air Force. Bobby berg who had 6 goals is not a D1 transfer, came straight to Messiah from HS in San Diego (played for Dan Carson at Santa Fe Christian I believe)
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Took a trip down to the shore this weekend and watched my Mustangs once again play another good half of lacrosse, tied at 5 at half with the run away best team in the country currently. Only to get outscored 10-1 in the 3rd quarter and lose by 10.

Seems to be this young teams identity this year. They have played very good teams close for about a half and fall apart for a quarter that costs them the game.

Every game going forward however is winnable and I'm looking to seem them finish strong down the stretch!

It's always a great day to be a Mustang!
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Just a hunch that Stevenson wins the macc this year. However a desperate York team could be scary.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:16 pm Took a trip down to the shore this weekend and watched my Mustangs once again play another good half of lacrosse, tied at 5 at half with the run away best team in the country currently. Only to get outscored 10-1 in the 3rd quarter and lose by 10.

Seems to be this young teams identity this year. They have played very good teams close for about a half and fall apart for a quarter that costs them the game.

Every game going forward however is winnable and I'm looking to seem them finish strong down the stretch!

It's always a great day to be a Mustang!
As previously stated, I'm not a PC fan. But he does a lot for the game and always, always crafts a stellar OOC schedule. Nature of the beast, you'll have seasons where the results aren't there during that stretch. I've found myself putting aside competitive allegiances this year (sans Eastern). Would like to see Stevie win out now.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

If there are any DeSales (Allentown College) alums on here, just wanted to express appreciation for traveling to Radnor today! Best of luck in this contest and beyond!

I took an overnight at Allentown back in 1999. Winter visit. Boys could drink, and were affable, but that place wasn't for me. We ended up playing you guys my Freshman year. Colf, leans in pre-game and says, "I guess we find out if you made the right choice today." We lost, I think 10-9. Would have to look it up. A kid for you all went off (Tyler Fields) and we were sloppy as hell. Many a slip between a cup and a lip Colf!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am If there are any DeSales (Allentown College) alums on here, just wanted to express appreciation for traveling to Radnor today! Best of luck in this contest and beyond!

I took an overnight at Allentown back in 1999. Winter visit. Boys could drink, and were affable, but that place wasn't for me. We ended up playing you guys my Freshman year. Colf, leans in pre-game and says, "I guess we find out if you made the right choice today." We lost, I think 10-9. Would have to look it up. A kid for you all went off (Tyler Fields) and we were sloppy as hell. Many a slip between a cup and a lip Colf!
Not a DeSales guy (I do know 2), but I enjoyed reading the memories. A different age in recruiting, to say the least.

MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
DeSales vs Cabrini
Eastern vs Stevens
Arcadia vs Stockton
Misericordia vs Ithaca
Stevenson vs Elizabethtown

Friday-
York vs Denison

Saturday-
Eastern vs Hartwick
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Duckdad

Post by Duckdad »

Ducks beat eastern.
Great to see them play lots of young players late in game. Also glad to see more midfielders used early. More than any other game this year.

Also saw the Stockton vs Arcadia score. Anyone have insight? 10-1 at half doesn’t quite add up. Ducks scrimmaged Stockton and handled them, BUT Stockton has played some good games this season.

Also surprised by the desales vs Cabrini result. I thought this was going to be a more competitive game.

Misericordia was up on Ithaca early. But Ithaca pulled away.

Anyone know much about Lebanon Val? They are new on the Mac freedom side.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Duckdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am Ducks beat eastern.
Great to see them play lots of young players late in game. Also glad to see more midfielders used early. More than any other game this year.

Also saw the Stockton vs Arcadia score. Anyone have insight? 10-1 at half doesn’t quite add up. Ducks scrimmaged Stockton and handled them, BUT Stockton has played some good games this season.

Also surprised by the desales vs Cabrini result. I thought this was going to be a more competitive game.

Nice showing for the Ducks after running into the buzzsaw known as Tufts. Did not expect a 15 goal margin in this one but Stevens is clearly the runaway best team in the MAC on both sides this year.

As for your question regarding Leb Val.....I think it goes without saying they usually always have the coaching advantage with Coach Haus roaming the bench. Haven't seen them play this year but based off last year Leb Vals best players are 4, 6, 21, 23 and 36.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am
Duckdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am Ducks beat eastern.

Nice showing for the Ducks after running into the buzzsaw known as Tufts. Did not expect a 15 goal margin in this one but Stevens is clearly the runaway best team in the MAC on both sides this year.

As for your question regarding Leb Val.....I think it goes without saying they usually always have the coaching advantage with Coach Haus roaming the bench. Haven't seen them play this year but based off last year Leb Vals best players are 4, 6, 21, 23 and 36.
a little premature to give stevens the title of best on both sides of the MAC. Stevens isn’t the only team to blow out eastern this year. stevens had a nice win over wesleyan, but that win isn’t any more impressive then stevenson and York beating W&L. stevens looks comparable to last year, as do both York and Stevenson.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”