TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: TV Broadcasts/Announcers/Production

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:38 pm
I was also AWOL at Homewood in '69 for Navy's last win there until 2022.
:D awol for 'good trouble'...
Had I been spotted at Homewood, I probably could have plea bargained it down from a major to a minor offense, since Navy won.
:lol: +100
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 pm
LeeRoggy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:08 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:17 am
CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:24 pm Yes, the fact that so many games are viewable now is amazing. I'm old enough to remember being out here on the West Coast, and my only source of lax info was a short list of scores in the Sunday New York Times at the library.

And I walked miles through snow to school too! :lol:
NY Times covered lacrosse scores? :lol: :lol: Not that we recall.

Maybe the NY Post, you are thinking of. Or Newark Star Ledger. Or an LI paper.

pretty sure the first time the NY times published anything lacrosse related contained "Duke"...Knife on, etc.

could be wrong........but, growing up in New Jersey, and family NY Times subscribers, distinctly remember pet peeve that "all the news fit to print" didn't include sports, in general, lacrosse particulary.
Not only are you off on the scores, they posted both the D1 and D2/3 polls in the late 70's, when I was at Hobart. I have a full folder of news clips and articles about Hobart lacrosse that were in the NY Times in the 70's.
Lroggy back from parts unknown.
Weight unknown too . . . but giving up drinking and a lot of sugar and I'm loving the result!
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I've watched a few Princeton games over the past two years and their PBP guy, Cody Chrusciel, does a really good job. He doesn't sound like a homer, he's very knowledgeable and has interesting information and stats that show trends. For the Lehigh Princeton game he had Ryan Ambler in the booth with him and I thought Ambler did a good job of providing some color. He does color in the Ryan Boyle style, which I think most of us quite like.
HGK

Post by HGK »

The first name stuff for college kids is getting old. It being only for a few ACC team kids is getting really old.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Whoever the guy is that does the Army games needs a Klonopin.
Dial it down a notch or three.

:lol:
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

I'm clearly in the minority but I generally enjoy Quint/Carc/Anish. I was driving somewhere today and listened to rather than watched part of the Duke-ND broadcast and it was quite entertaining as a "radio" show. I enjoyed the questions Anish would pose to the other two (and he's a good play-by-play man) and I like that both Quint and Carc are willing to put themselves out there with opinions (e.g. opining that Duke isn't getting O'Neill involved enough).
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

ESPN really misses having carc/sideline reporter doing interviews/commentary for big games and they don't do the in the huddle sound like they used to which was awesome.

They could also do a much better job spotlighting the ex program alumni at games on the broadcasts. Lax is a small world.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:12 am Try watching a Brown home game sometime.
I think the Brown PBP is okay. He's an olde time homer, but so what. Great pipes as they say.

Watching the Yale Penn game (at Yale this past Saturday) right now and I think that duo is doing a real good job.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:30 pm Whoever the guy is that does the Army games needs a Klonopin.

That guy is awesome. He does Army's hockey games and is getting better and better at calling lax pbp.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:43 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:12 am Try watching a Brown home game sometime.
I think the Brown PBP is okay. He's an olde time homer, but so what. Great pipes as they say.

Watching the Yale Penn game (at Yale this past Saturday) right now and I think that duo is doing a real good job.
Our Brown guys are definitely homers when it comes to calls, but they get as excited for the other team's goals just as much as they do for the Brown goals (which there have not been too many this year :lol: :lol: ).

They do a bunch of different sports and they are a lot of fun to listen to.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:30 pm Whoever the guy is that does the Army games needs a Klonopin.

That guy is awesome. He does Army's hockey games and is getting better and better at calling lax pbp.
Him you either love or hate, I mute
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

We muted most of the Jays PSU game so we didn't have to listen to Q the K's inane babbling.
It was remarkably refreshing.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 am We muted most of the Jays PSU game so we didn't have to listen to Q the K's inane babbling.
I don't normally mind Q too much but if he mentions one more time that Degnon had Salmonella! :roll:
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Busy Wednesday slate. Not the national scene usual suspects but a couple of interesting contests: Quinnipiac/Sacred Heart 3pm, LIU/Manhattan 4pm.

Potential first-round teams for someone.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:55 am Busy Wednesday slate. Not the national scene usual suspects but a couple of interesting contests: Quinnipiac/Sacred Heart 3pm, LIU/Manhattan 4pm.

Potential first-round teams for someone.
I understand why due to pre-season projections ESPNU selected tonight's Siena-Marist game for their mid-week national broadcast back in February, but I don't understand why they didn't go back to the MAAC and have that game replaced with QU-SHU.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Because that's not how they roll. They stick with their pre-season plans.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Mark Dixon and Mitch Pehlke did a nice job on the Maryland-Rutgers game last night. Extra impressive considering Dixon did play by play maybe for the first time ever, and Pehlke is a first-timer. Knowldegeable, professional and calm, complementary voices to the game. Nice contrast to the 3 screaming bobbleheads on the mothership who've been doing it for 30 years.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:15 am Mark Dixon and Mitch Pehlke did a nice job on the Maryland-Rutgers game last night. Extra impressive considering Dixon did play by play maybe for the first time ever, and Pehlke is a first-timer. Knowldegeable, professional and calm, complementary voices to the game. Nice contrast to the 3 screaming bobbleheads on the mothership who've been doing it for 30 years.
Agreed. I enjoyed the leading questions by Mitch to Mark about what he thought would come next or what would you do in this situation. It kept the the two engaged on the game in front of them.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:09 am
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:37 am We muted most of the Jays PSU game so we didn't have to listen to Q the K's inane babbling.
I don't normally mind Q too much but if he mentions one more time that Degnon had Salmonella! :roll:
Don't forget, he had mono too.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Q is probably the best. He's insightful and tries to educate the audience to some degree, which I appreciate. And I say this as a wahoo guy...he can't stand us. He gets annoying but pound-for-pound he's the best.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”