Puerto Rico: Dengue Fever

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Puerto Rico: Dengue Fever

Post by runrussellrun »

The Prize winning , anti viral drug has been proven to be effective against dengue fever. Best, probably, NOT to use the horse paste against the declared emergency.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30452439/

Expression of concern in
Expression of Concern: Antivirus effectiveness of ivermectin on dengue virus type 2 in Aedes albopictus.
PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases Editors.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2022 Jan 11;16(1):e0010117. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0010117. eCollection 2022 Jan.
PMID: 35015758 Free PMC article. No abstract available.
Abstract
Background: Dengue fever is the most rapidly spreading mosquito-borne viral disease over the past 50 years, with a 30-fold increase in global incidence. Dengue vector control is a key component for the dengue control strategy, since no absolutely effective vaccine or drug is available yet. However, the rapid rise and spread of mosquito insecticide resistance have become major threats to the efficiency of insecticide-based vector control activities. Thus, innovative vector control tools are badly needed. This study aims to confirm the antivirus effectiveness of ivermectin on dengue virus type 2 (DENV-2) in Aedes albopictus (Skuse, 1894), then to explore its potential use in the combating to the dengue epidemics.

Methods: Aedes albopictus were first infected with DENV-2 in human whole blood, and at the fourth day after infectious blood feeding, they were divided into eight groups. Seven of them were held for six days with access to 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 ng/ml ivermectin, respectively, and the last one was set as a historical control group, which was stored at -80°C until being detected at the same time with the other groups. Each mosquito was detected using real-time fluorescent RT-PCR kit. DENV-2 RNA concentration (copies/ml) and infection rate in each group were compared.

Results: Both of quantitatively and qualitatively inhibiting effects of ivermectin have been detected in this study. Generally, DENV-2 replicated well in Aedes albopictus without ivermectin intervention, whose virus loads exhibited significantly higher when the mosquitoes were holding from 4 days to 10 days after infectious blood feeding. In contrast, with the treatment of ivermectin, the infection rate was reduced by as much as 49.63%. The regression equation between infection rates (Y2) and ivermectin concentration log2 values (X2) was obtained as Y2 = 91.41-7.21*X2 with R2 = 0.89.

Conclusion: Ivermectin can directly or indirectly inhibit DENV-2 multiplication in Aedes albopictus. Moreover, the actual concentration for application in zooprophylaxis needs to be confirmed in the further field trials.

or, was it quenine, the "joke" of the day. This place IS full of science types. IS that your cell phone on the dinner table

We really, really hope, that this proven drug, IS NOT used to help the people in their emergency. AOC, what say you ? Or, because "smeegle" tells us that is MAGA medicine.........

unreal. stay healthy everyone
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

IVERMECTIN.....ooopss......

Post by runrussellrun »

The Racist Biden administration has been ignoring the state of Emergency, declared by Puerto Rico's leaders.

Same for the racist infotainment industry.

We get Fox or Newsmaxx......did we miss any other nazi like "news" outlets.......won't report on the brown skinned humans of one of our US Terror tories.

But, why the racist ignorance from the NY Times, Wash Post, NPR, MSNBC, cnn, ????

"crickets"...... :lol: :lol: gee, wonder why

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

Ivermectin: enigmatic multifaceted ‘wonder’ drug continues to surprise and exceed expectations
Andy Crump

The Journal of Antibiotics volume 70, pages495–505 (2017)Cite this article

641k Accesses

136 Citations

8857 Altmetric

Metricsdetails

Abstract
Over the past decade, the global scientific community have begun to recognize the unmatched value of an extraordinary drug, ivermectin, that originates from a single microbe unearthed from soil in Japan. Work on ivermectin has seen its discoverer, Satoshi Ōmura, of Tokyo’s prestigious Kitasato Institute, receive the 2014 Gairdner Global Health Award and the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, which he shared with a collaborating partner in the discovery and development of the drug, William Campbell of Merck & Co. Incorporated. Today, ivermectin is continuing to surprise and excite scientists, offering more and more promise to help improve global public health by treating a diverse range of diseases, with its unexpected potential as an antibacterial, antiviral and anti-cancer agent being particularly extraordinary.

Similar content being viewed by others

https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711
Brooklyn

Re: Puerto Rico: Dengue Fever

Post by Brooklyn »

why the racist ignorance from the NY Times, Wash Post, NPR, MSNBC, cnn, ????

These sources did report the news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-BB1kEKvo
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/puer ... ngue-cases
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/puerto-ri ... =108540012

What more were they to do???
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Re: IVERMECTIN.....ooopss......

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:14 am https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

Ivermectin: enigmatic multifaceted ‘wonder’ drug continues to surprise and exceed expectations

Over the past decade, the global scientific community have begun to recognize the unmatched value of an extraordinary drug, ivermectin,
Ivermectin saved the lives of 2 different dogs I rescued who would not have survived without it.
I kept them both as my own, because they had issues that made them unsuitable for adoption.

The first was an English Setter who wandered up to the airport where I was working in the mid-1990's. She tested high + for heartworm. It was advanced. The x-rays of her lungs looked like spaghetti. I was using an old time country vet who also treated horses & farm animals. He was not afraid to use Ivermectin on dogs. He gave her one shot of a medicine that contained a small amount of arsenic. I took her home. After a few hours, she developed difficulty in breathing as the worms in her lungs began dying. I rushed her to an emergency vet who gave her a shot of adrenaline & put her in an oxygen tent. She made it through the night, coughed up dead worms for a couple days. The vet then treated her with ivermectin to kill any surviving unhatched larvae. She recovered to be a tireless bird dog & my loving pet for 11 more years before cancer took her.

The second was a 9 month old, 110# mixed breed who looked like a long haired brindled wolf. In 2008, I transported him from the TriCounty shelter in SoMD to the MDSPCA in Baltimore to enter their adoption program. He was a little wary, but bonded with me & let me load him in a big wire crate in my transport minivan with no difficulty & he did ok when unloading. A few days later I got a call from MCSPCA asking me to take him back to TriCounty - he had freaked out in their kennel & they judged him unadoptable. When I arrived to pick him up, I didn't recognize him. He was so stressed, he'd developed demodectic mange & all his fur had fallen out. He was quivering, but he let me load him again. Driving away, I knew if I took him back to Tri County it would be the death penalty, so I took him home & "crated" him in a large walkin shower in the bathroom of my basement dog & man cave. I took him to my country vet who did a skin scraping & confirmed it was demodectic & not sarcoptic mange. He gave him one shot of Ivermectin & sent us home. No ill effects from the shot. He was content & secure in his "den" in my shower. He gradually became more confident & friendly toward me. He always trusted me but was wary of strangers. His fur immediately started to return. I kept him because his wariness of others made him unadoptable. He was a great watchdog with an intimidating bark, but not a threat - he'd stay close to me or hold his turf, but wouldn't go after anyone & was friendly to other dogs. I was able to take him to the dog park & that became his comfort zone, along with our dog & man cave & fenced backyard. He gradually became friends with all the dog park patrons, human & canine. I finally said farewell to him this past Sep 11th. He lived to be 15 - a long run for such a big dog. He had a long, happy, healthy life after his tough rookie season.

Ivermectin, in the hands of a vet who knew how to use it, saved them both.
It's an ingredient in Heartgard heartworm preventative, which I've given all my dogs for years, with no ill effects.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:13 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:14 am https://www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

Over the past decade, the global scientific community have begun to recognize the unmatched value of an extraordinary drug, ivermectin,
Ivermectin saved the lives of 2 different dogs I rescued who would not have survived without it.
I kept them both as my own, because they had issues that made them unsuitable for adoption.

The first was an English Setter who wandered up to the airport where I was working in the mid-1990's. She tested high + for heartworm. It was advanced. The x-rays of her lungs looked like spaghetti. I was using an old time country vet who also treated horses & farm animals. He was not afraid to use Ivermectin on dogs. He gave her one shot of a medicine that contained a small amount of arsenic. I took her home. After a few hours, she developed difficulty in breathing as the worms in her lungs began dying. I rushed her to an emergency vet who gave her a shot of adrenaline & put her in an oxygen tent. She made it through the night, coughed up dead worms for a couple days. The vet then treated her with ivermectin to kill any surviving unhatched larvae. She recovered to be a tireless bird dog & my loving pet for 11 more years before cancer took her.

The second was a 9 month old, 110# mixed breed who looked like a long haired brindled wolf. In 2008, I transported him from the TriCounty shelter in SoMD to the MDSPCA in Baltimore to enter their adoption program. He was a little wary, but bonded with me & let me load him in a big wire crate in my transport minivan with no difficulty & he did ok when unloading. A few days later I got a call from MCSPCA asking me to take him back to TriCounty - he had freaked out in their kennel & they judged him unadoptable. When I arrived to pick him up, I didn't recognize him. He was so stressed, he'd developed demodectic mange & all his fur had fallen out. He was quivering, but he let me load him again. Driving away, I knew if I took him back to Tri County it would be the death penalty, so I took him home & "crated" him in a large walkin shower in the bathroom of my basement dog & man cave. I took him to my country vet who did a skin scraping & confirmed it was demodectic & not sarcoptic mange. He gave him one shot of Ivermectin & sent us home. No ill effects from the shot. He was content & secure in his "den" in my shower. He gradually became more confident & friendly toward me. He always trusted me but was wary of strangers. His fur immediately started to return. I kept him because his wariness of others made him unadoptable. He was a great watchdog with an intimidating bark, but not a threat - he'd stay close to me or hold his turf, but wouldn't go after anyone & was friendly to other dogs. I was able to take him to the dog park & that became his comfort zone, along with our dog & man cave & fenced backyard. He gradually became friends with all the dog park patrons, human & canine. I finally said farewell to him this past Sep 11th. He lived to be 15 - a long run for such a big dog. He had a long, happy, healthy life after his tough rookie season.

It's an ingredient in Heartgard heartworm preventative, which I've given all my dogs for years, with no ill effects.
Great stories....thanks for sharing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:00 am

I thought that conservative people had zero compassion? That is a common theme espoused on this forum.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 am

I thought that conservative people had zero compassion? That is a common theme espoused on this forum.
Especially if they were in the military or question others.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:59 pm
why the racist ignorance from the NY Times, Wash Post, NPR, MSNBC, cnn, ????

These sources did report the news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-BB1kEKvo
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/puer ... ngue-cases
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/puerto-ri ... =108540012

What more were they to do???
Who is "they" ?

First laugh at your links: The ABC one writes that the "CDC says NOT.....do NOT take Ibuprofin b/c bleeding ". The Bill Gates Kalki Complex infotainment link, says, " YES......take ibuprofin for " .

Conflicting advice, yes. guess, that's why we ask our doctor. :lol:

All 3 articles spew the "crow pie" narrative, with statements like " there are NO treatements".

Suck has already posted two credible sourced links stating otherwize. THat a very good treatment in the quest to qwell DENGUE Fever......is.

IVERMECTIN.

oh....by the way. None of your links, show a quote from Biden. Or Harris. So, suck statement stands. They don't care and Biden IS a racist.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 am

Especially if they were in the military or question others.
Suck just learned, that to question .........to really question.....is to MAGA. case closed.
"....i brought up democrat because you brought up tRump.."

Independents........question and critique both sides.

yeah.......suck ain't reading it either :roll: :roll:

2015 Nobel Prize ? Ivermectin ? Proven to work. no blood clotted, young people dying. No 75 year suprresssion of drug data.

So strange , that a proven drug, wasn't even allowed to get off the bench, becuase the spoiled brat, rich kid drugs got to play.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Does conservative people automatically equal MAGA ? always want to make sure we are using the right equations to label humans.

but, speaking of humans......Nixon lovers, so ALL, conservatives, hate humans. Love animals.

That famous truth spoken by the foreman, in the famous documentary, "Harlan COunty, USA ".........

"....you make sure you walk on this side, the mule walks under the protection. We can always replace you, if the mule dies, we gotta buy a new one".

Pretty sure DUKE energy owns that mine.......and gives to BOTH parities, equally.

Now, where's that first Patriotic Act vote, and ONLY the Nixon lovers voting AYE for the "sudden apperance" of the thouasand plus pages of new laws.

How did US Senator Joe Biden vote on the first patriotic act? How about the "shock and awe" war. How did, now current POTUSA, vote in giving Bush a license to kill. Literally....making it ok to kill thousands upon thousands of Iraq's. But.....the aviater sun glasses. so coool.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:50 am

Who is "they" ?

First laugh at your links: The ABC one writes that the "CDC says NOT.....do NOT take Ibuprofin b/c bleeding ". The Bill Gates Kalki Complex infotainment link, says, " YES......take ibuprofin for " .

All 3 articles spew the "crow pie" narrative, with statements like " there are NO treatements".

Suck has already posted two credible sourced links stating otherwize. THat a very good treatment in the quest to qwell DENGUE Fever......is.

IVERMECTIN.

oh....by the way. None of your links, show a quote from Biden. Or Harris. So, suck statement stands. They don't care and Biden IS a racist.

Mebbe Biden should toss some paper towels into the crowd like your hero tRump did.

Anyways, re "no treatments", the Mayo clinic agrees: "No specific treatment for dengue fever exists."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353084

I guess that makes them "racist" as well. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

runrussellrun

Ivermectin......ooopps

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:23 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:50 am

Who is "they" ?

IVERMECTIN.

Mebbe Biden should toss some paper towels into the crowd like your hero tRump did.

Anyways, re "no treatments", the Mayo clinic agrees: "No specific treatment for dengue fever exists."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353084

I guess that makes them "racist" as well. :lol:
Biden hasn't acknowledged, at all..............

Meanwhile.......the scientists are taking over $cience from the $cientists.....and.. gee whiz......yet another well respected medical publication, this one more recent than the other two links....

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... X/fulltext

In the October issue of The Lancet Infectious Diseases, the editorial titled Can We Control Dengue?1 takes into consideration only two aspects of dengue control: prevention by vaccination and vector control strategies. However, a very important aspect of dengue virus (DENV) control, therapeutics, was left unmentioned despite being a potential major method of dengue control. Worldwide, dengue vaccination approaches are struggling for success, and Wolbachia-based vector control strategies have resulted in failure in parts of the world.2 On the other hand, multiple (mostly preclinical) advancements in dengue therapeutics have been made, including direct antivirals, host-targeted drugs, modulating immune mediators, and reversing pathologies of the vascular system.3 Inhibitors of viral proteins such as JNJ-A07 (Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Raritan, NJ, USA) an inhibitor of NS4B, reduced DENV-2 infection.3 Ivermectin showed inhibitory effects on proteins involved in the localisation of the dengue NS5 protein. AT-752 (Atea Pharmaceuticals, Boston, MA, USA), a nucleotide analogue, inhibited DENV-2 and DENV-3.4 Doxycycline worked against all four dengue serotypes by modulating the activity of NS2B-NS3 proteases.3 Celgosivir (Emergent BioSolutions, Gaithersburg, MD, USA) had impaired trapping of NS1 and showed antiviral activity.5 A neuraminidase inhibitor, zanamivir, reduced endothelial hyperpermeability induced by the NS1 protein of DENV2.6, 7 The development of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) as immunotherapeutics has been very promising against dengue virus, as mAbs are capable of cross-neutralising all four dengue serotypes. A new strategy in monoclonal antibody design includes immunodominant epitopes, which can be involved in antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE).6 The risk of ADE can be minimised by specially designing LALA heavy chains. An example of a mAb is VIS513 (Visterra Biotechnology, Cambridge, MA, USA), which has shown potential against all four dengue serotypes without affecting the endogenous antibody response, thus minimising the ADE responses. AV-1 (AbViro, Bethesda, MD, USA), and Dengushield (Serum Institute of India, Pune, India) are also similar kinds of
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Biden hasn't acknowledged, at all..............

Well, at least he hasn't said "it's no worse than a cold" or "we have everything under control" or attributed it to foreign enemy elements such as Cuba or Venezuela. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”