Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
intheknow247

Re: Games Today

Post by intheknow247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:08 am
DMac wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:12 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 am I won't try to put myself forth as having looked at this with a trained eye but I thought this was the turning point of the game. Even though she scored 5 goals in the game, Carnavale's total lack of game awareness in this sequence was a real killer. And she's a grad student so the rookies take no blame here.

I think this team has great raw talent and enthusiasm, and plenty of time to tighten things up as the real nitty gritty games increase the rest of the regular season and into ACC Tournament play. Wouldn't be shocked in the least if they come away with the ACC Crown. We shall see. Extremely entertaining team to watch since LaMonica took the reins.
You see it how you see it but I don't see that as a turning point. The pesky little Nattie sneaks up her from the box (wasn't a player on the field following the play she should have been aware of) and snatches the ball away from her on her blind side. Agree that this is more on the bench for not making her aware by sounding the alarm of the imminent attack coming from the sneaky and speedy diminutive one. Va goes up 12-10 and 14-12 much later on in this game, those are much more critical parts of the game than here.
I hear you, D. But I think that was a critical moment. Instead of Ginny holding possession inside the 30 and killing off the rest of the Syracuse power play and possibly scoring to make it a 3 goal cushion at the half, they turn it over, Syracuse scores and now it's a 1 goal game at halftime.

And pesky little Nattie (even though as Sea pointed out didn't figure in this sequence) is also a real sniper, and fearless. If opponents game plan without factoring her into the mix, she'll burn their aszes--but good. She's a little powerhouse.
Turning point was Cuse switching to MAN D.
Last edited by intheknow247 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 am I won't try to put myself forth as having looked at this with a trained eye but I thought this was the turning point of the game. Even though she scored 5 goals in the game, Carnavale's total lack of game awareness in this sequence was a real killer. And she's a grad student so the rookies take no blame here.

I think this team has great raw talent and enthusiasm, and plenty of time to tighten things up as the real nitty gritty games increase the rest of the regular season and into ACC Tournament play. Wouldn't be shocked in the least if they come away with the ACC Crown. We shall see. Extremely entertaining team to watch since LaMonica took the reins.
HUGE TURNING POINT??? In the first quarter...in a game that had 29 turnovers total. You continue to cement yourself as having NO CLUE.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

intheknow247 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm HUGE TURNING POINT??? In the first quarter...in a game that had 29 turnovers total. You continue to cement yourself as having NO CLUE.
Oh right. 1st quarter, not 2nd quarter. Brain freeze on that one. Does make a big difference.

See how easy that was--to note the time difference in the game? You could just as easily have pointed that out to me without being a dick about it.

Lesson learned... buh-bye.

ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

Sorry but the players were not to blame for this one. So many obvious mistakes made by the coaching staff, too many to list. As far as rookies taking no blame , they looked shaky at best in this one accounting for 3 of 14 goals while having over half the 13 turnovers. I think the coaches enthusiasm to push the younger narrative backfired a bit in this one.
OuttaNowhereWregget

ACClaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:35 pm

Sorry but the players were not to blame for this one. So many obvious mistakes made by the coaching staff, too many to list. As far as rookies taking no blame , they looked shaky at best in this one accounting for 3 of 14 goals while having over half the 13 turnovers. I think the coaches enthusiasm to push the younger narrative backfired a bit in this one.
Thanks for the insights. As Benny Hill used to say, "Learning all the time." And I'll add--thanks to folks like you.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:41 pm

Thanks for the insights. As Benny Hill used to say, "Learning all the time." And I'll add--thanks to folks like you.
There is another way to look at this scenario, though. Try this:

"My kids are playing Syracuse; we are 3-1 in conference, playing Syracuse at home. After this, we have four more ACC games left, and we are almost certain to win three of them. Lose today and still finish 6-3 in conference, finish the regular season 12-3. Let's keep the younger kids on the field and battle test them before the ACC and NCAA tournaments."

Looks like a questionable call now, but might end up being a help later.

It is hard to -- as Larry put it in his sometimes strident way -- gainsay what experienced coaches decide in the crucible, particularly from this keyboard.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:59 pm

"My kids are playing Syracuse; we are 3-1 in conference, playing Syracuse at home. After this, we have four more ACC games left, and we are almost certain to win three of them. Lose today and still finish 6-3 in conference, finish the regular season 12-3. Let's keep the younger kids on the field and battle test them before the ACC and NCAA tournaments."

It is hard to -- as Larry put it in his sometimes strident way -- gainsay what experienced coaches decide in the crucible, particularly from this keyboard.
Thanks, Sea. Makes a lot of sense from that angle, too.
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:34 pm

Not trying to be contrarian but that would make no sense to me. They need to win every game they can especially these higher ranked teams, you do that by having your best players on the field and get those other players their experience in other games. Right now UVA looks like they are heading toward a 4-5 seed in the ACC which makes that path significantly harder, win that game and they would have been well on their way to a couple of home games in the NCAA which is a huge advantage.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

ACClaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:52 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:34 pm

Not trying to be contrarian but that would make no sense to me. They need to win every game they can especially these higher ranked teams, you do that by having your best players on the field and get those other players their experience in other games. Right now UVA looks like they are heading toward a 4-5 seed in the ACC which makes that path significantly harder, win that game and they would have been well on their way to a couple of home games in the NCAA which is a huge advantage.
+1
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

UNC isn’t going to win the tough games with subpar goaltending. They need to get that figured out or the quarterfinals might be their ceiling.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

laxfan9999 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 pm UNC isn’t going to win the tough games with subpar goaltending. They need to get that figured out or the quarterfinals might be their ceiling.
Agreed. Huge fall off from the Taylor Moreno years.

Stella Harrison in now for 2nd half.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

It's getting pretty bad out there... Had to turn off the tv. Looks like UNC is having a chemistry issue on offense. Passes don't seem to flow, they look totally out of rhythm.
Seacoaster(1)

Loyola v. Syracuse Wednesday 3-27-2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Hounds travel to the Dome for a potentially very good OOC matchup for both teams. Really nice that the coaching staffs have kept this game on the books year over year.

I haven't seen Loyola play much this year and then only early, a relatively close win against Hopkins. Doc?

I like Syracuse in a pretty close game -- 14-11 or something like that.
GratefulRed

Re: Loyola v. Syracuse Wednesday 3-27-2024

Post by GratefulRed »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 am Hounds travel to the Dome for a potentially very good OOC matchup for both teams. Really nice that the coaching staffs have kept this game on the books year over year.

I haven't seen Loyola play much this year and then only early, a relatively close win against Hopkins. Doc?

Loyola is a scary team, especially come May. Defense struggles at times but they win draws and score a ton of goals. If Spence gets hot this veteran group could make a run. I expect a shootout with SU. If your o/u is 25, I'll take the over.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

GratefulRed wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:32 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:40 am Hounds travel to the Dome for a potentially very good OOC matchup for both teams. Really nice that the coaching staffs have kept this game on the books year over year.

Loyola is a scary team, especially come May. Defense struggles at times but they win draws and score a ton of goals. If Spence gets hot this veteran group could make a run. I expect a shootout with SU. If your o/u is 25, I'll take the over.
Red, has Loyola played a team with a good, battle tested defenses yet? JHU? Hounds put up only 11 goals on Lehigh last weekend.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:59 am

Red, has Loyola played a team with a good, battle tested defenses yet? JHU? Hounds put up only 11 goals on Lehigh last weekend.
Hounds scored 17 on Hop, but only 6 of them were scored 7v7 as Hop was awarded 11 cards in the game. 6 yellow and 5 green.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Hounds had a back game last week, but the game was called after 3 quarters because of weather, so that is why they only scored 11 goals. They also didn’t score at all in the first quarter, so it was actually 11 goals over 2 quarters.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Loyola lacks some depth this year which worries me. They normally lack depth from the bench but this year the lack of depth is in the starting line up already. However, their good players are very good. Good wins over Hop and FL, PSU win looks better now. Navy an ok win too. This game will tell us how good Loyola is
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

user1020 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Loyola lacks some depth this year which worries me. They normally lack depth from the bench but this year the lack of depth is in the starting line up already. However, their good players are very good. Good wins over Hop and FL, PSU win looks better now. Navy an ok win too. This game will tell us how good Loyola is
I agree with this. Loyola only used 3 subs in the Hopkins game.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

hmmm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:41 pm
user1020 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 pm

I agree with this. Loyola only used 3 subs in the Hopkins game.
All great points. They have beaten several really good draw units--seeing another one tonight. True, they haven't played against a great defense. SU D is improving but not there yet. Offense is playing with a lot of confidence--something tells me they are dangerous. Fun matchup tonight.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”