Bourbon

General Chatter
Farfromgeneva

Re: Bourbon

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Got 5 fingers deep or so (two rounds) of that Leipold Bros schwill at a Xmas brunch today at this kitschy club restaurant in the Atl (Warhorse Investments stylized as mover rates speakeasy type joint with memberships, no idea why I’m involved - but one of only 2-3 spots around this town I’ve seen it offered)
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 pm Got 5 fingers deep or so (two rounds) of that Leipold Bros schwill at a Xmas brunch today at this kitschy club restaurant in the Atl (Warhorse Investments stylized as mover rates speakeasy type joint with memberships, no idea why I’m involved - but one of only 2-3 spots around this town I’ve seen it offered)
Schwill….that’s a new one for me. You just wake up? 😉😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 pm Got 5 fingers deep or so (two rounds) of that Leipold Bros schwill at a Xmas brunch today at this kitschy club restaurant in the Atl (Warhorse Investments stylized as mover rates speakeasy type joint with memberships, no idea why I’m involved - but one of only 2-3 spots around this town I’ve seen it offered)
I did take a nap for an 45min - hour but that was after my kids having their first organized basketball games since pre Covid. Shooting % we won’t discuss but both won and my sons team won big; 27-1 (another signal everyone else is toast in this fantasy league m on FL). But yeah about 3:45 I dozed off for 45 min.

*my daughter face guarded her opponent on D like the girl was Jeff Teat, to the point the other girl started to cry because she never saw the ball - I may have high fives my daughter but in fairness she called a timeout she’s not allowed to in order to ask the other girl if she was ok mid game. Ref was like sorry, you can’t call TOs.

That brunch…first plate was bfast, bacon like I was at a Shoneys buffet and sausage, pile of smoked salmon, dash of scrambled, some hash.

Round two, which needed the second drink obviously, was mostly braised short ribs, oysters Rockefeller (like rice and on gulf shells so half the plate) and cooked cold jumbo shrimp. And I threw a little more Bacon on that plate too.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:41 pm
I did take a nap for an 45min - hour but that was after my kids having their first organized basketball games since pre Covid. Shooting % we won’t discuss but both won and my sons team won big; 27-1 (another signal everyone else is toast in this fantasy league m on FL). But yeah about 3:45 I dozed off for 45 min.

*my daughter face guarded her opponent on D like the girl was Jeff Teat, to the point the other girl started to cry because she never saw the ball - I may have high fives my daughter but in fairness she called a timeout she’s not allowed to in order to ask the other girl if she was ok mid game. Ref was like sorry, you can’t call TOs.

That brunch…first plate was bfast, bacon like I was at a Shoneys buffet and sausage, pile of smoked salmon, dash of scrambled, some hash.

Round two, which needed the second drink obviously, was mostly braised short ribs, oysters Rockefeller (like rice and on gulf shells so half the plate) and cooked cold jumbo shrimp. And I threw a little more Bacon on that plate too.
Sounds like a great weekend thus far. And when Bacon and Bourbon are involved....well, it's even better.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:41 pm

Sounds like a great weekend thus far. And when Bacon and Bourbon are involved....well, it's even better.
Already on my second “snake charmer” in the bathroom and have crushed about 6 chewable antacids. Enough of those will concert those snake charmers into pill poppers though…
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Fresh Crack Friday evening.....really enjoyed this:

~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:17 am Fresh Crack Friday evening.....really enjoyed this:

Does Larry Bird recommend it? ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:17 am Fresh Crack Friday evening.....really enjoyed this:

Does Larry Bird recommend it? ;)
He's a VERY good distiller, YA. Top of the heap for small producers.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Second go around making my own concoction with amburano Chips (1 oz) wrapped in cheesecloth and traditional Makers Mark. Will likely allow this to marinate for about a week. Set a sample aside to do a side by side once completed.
Last I time I used 2 oz chips with WT101 (1.75ml) for two weeks. The finished product was very tasty and had all the traditional amburano notes....completely changes the wt101 notes.

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A little craftsmanship project with a couple empties.

~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:32 pm A little craftsmanship project with a couple empties.

Sweet!!

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

I just noticed the corn in the bottles. Nice touch!

My FAVORITE navy lids were in the Glen Miles era....when they had white trim on the "brim" of the helmet. Coolest looking helmet of all-time.

GlenM.jpg
GlenM.jpg (40.67 KiB) Viewed 157 times
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:24 pm
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Anyone know ho
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:00 pm Anyone know how to get rid of 10,000 cases of bourbon.

Already working with an auction house for some of the top stuff.......but, just so much.
I suppose it depends on a handful of issues. Seems the prudent thing would be to chat with an attorney in your state and see what they rules are. I'd assume you'd have to acquire a liquor license. OR I could run up and down 95 and be a mule.

If you are so inclined, share the inventory.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm [quote=runrussellrun

[/quote
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:00 pm Anyone know how to get rid of 10,000 cases of bourbon.

Already working with an auction house for some of the top stuff.......but, just so much.
I suppose it depends on a handful of issues. Seems the prudent thing would be to chat with an attorney in your state and see what they rules are. I'd assume you'd have to acquire a liquor license. OR I could run up and down 95 and be a mule.

You buy some of my art work, mite include some stuff.

States aren't the problem. it's the POS ATF

soon to be renamed WATF....the W for weed........spelling out what the fphck
If you have a liquor license, quite sure you can sell to a bar(s) etc. gotta link for artwork....as a 'mite' be interested and know a ton of people that would be interested in the brown juice and art.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm

You buy some of my art work, mite include some stuff.

States aren't the problem. it's the POS ATF

soon to be renamed WATF....the W for weed........spelling out what the fphck
States are 100% ALSO a problem, but the auction houses can help there. Careful, my friend, they are all over this sort of thing in most every State.

It's the TTB now, not the ATF...and yes, they are also a problem.

How the heck did you come by 10,000 cases of Bourbon? Help me out here, and I can make suggestions.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”