The Joy of Painting

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: The Joy of Painting

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm To get a sense of scale…..

You have big home. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:25 pm To get a sense of scale…..

You have big home. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Gallery in Ft. Greene
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not painting but gotta appreciate the art.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:13 pm Not painting but gotta appreciate the art.
Haha!...only criticism from here is they should have had Bud Light on their palette instead
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:24 am
DMac wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:13 pm Not painting but gotta appreciate the art.
Haha!...only criticism from here is they should have had Bud Light on their palette instead
A box of rifle ammo and a gift cert for a new trucker hat.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

First painting I ever bought. Spring of 1996 in New Orleans.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
grenfar

Post by grenfar »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:36 am I have been a huge fan of Bob Ross for many years. I am still contemplating buying some paints and brushes and taking a stab at painting in the Bob Ross method. There is a Bob Ross painting up for auction from his very first season of "The Joy of Painting" The estimated sale price at auction........9,850,000 dollars. Bob Ross nailed it when he said he never made mistakes and only had happy accidents. I don't believe that sale price would have impressed him one bit. He would have been more concerned about his friends that lived in his back yard. My favorite was pea pod the pocket squirrel.
The elbphilharmonie with its stunning architecture and mesmerizing views, has been an inspiration for many artists, including painters. Using pictures of this iconic concert hall as a subject for painting has brought a sense of joy and creativity to the canvas. The interplay of light, glass, and water creates a dynamic visual feast that captures the essence of Hamburg. As artists recreate the Elbphilharmonie, they not only depict a modern masterpiece but also evoke the emotions of joy and wonder. The reflective surfaces and the play of colors against the sky offer endless possibilities for artists to explore. Painting the Elbphilharmonie is a joyful celebration of the harmonious blend of art and architecture.
His calm and encouraging style of painting has inspired many, and I think it's wonderful that you're considering trying out the Bob Ross method yourself. It's true that his philosophy of embracing "happy accidents" in art is a valuable lesson for all of us.

The auction price for a Bob Ross painting from his first season is indeed remarkable, and you're absolutely right that Bob Ross was a humble and down-to-earth person who cared deeply for his friends, like Pea Pod the pocket squirrel. His love for nature and wildlife was a testament to his character. In his memory, embracing the joy of painting and cherishing the simple things in life, like the squirrels in his backyard, is a beautiful way to honor his legacy. Happy painting!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

grenfar wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:16 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:36 am I have been a huge fan of Bob Ross for many years. I am still contemplating buying some paints and brushes and taking a stab at painting in the Bob Ross method. There is a Bob Ross painting up for auction from his very first season of "The Joy of Painting" The estimated sale price at auction........9,850,000 dollars. Bob Ross nailed it when he said he never made mistakes and only had happy accidents. I don't believe that sale price would have impressed him one bit. He would have been more concerned about his friends that lived in his back yard. My favorite was pea pod the pocket squirrel.
The elbphilharmonie with its stunning architecture and mesmerizing views, has been an inspiration for many artists, including painters. Using pictures of this iconic concert hall as a subject for painting has brought a sense of joy and creativity to the canvas. The interplay of light, glass, and water creates a dynamic visual feast that captures the essence of Hamburg. As artists recreate the Elbphilharmonie, they not only depict a modern masterpiece but also evoke the emotions of joy and wonder. The reflective surfaces and the play of colors against the sky offer endless possibilities for artists to explore. Painting the Elbphilharmonie is a joyful celebration of the harmonious blend of art and architecture.
His calm and encouraging style of painting has inspired many, and I think it's wonderful that you're considering trying out the Bob Ross method yourself. It's true that his philosophy of embracing "happy accidents" in art is a valuable lesson for all of us.

The auction price for a Bob Ross painting from his first season is indeed remarkable, and you're absolutely right that Bob Ross was a humble and down-to-earth person who cared deeply for his friends, like Pea Pod the pocket squirrel. His love for nature and wildlife was a testament to his character. In his memory, embracing the joy of painting and cherishing the simple things in life, like the squirrels in his backyard, is a beautiful way to honor his legacy. Happy painting!
I don't have my oil paints or brushes and easel yet. I've been dabbling a little bit doing some mountains on a primed plywood piece of wood. My results have been disappointing to say the least. I'm just not using the right paints. I do understand the concept that Bob Ross perfected. I'm still always watching his shows and learning.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

After watching this one, I'm thinkin' I can become an artist. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:33 pm
That is why Bob Ross always leaves the mixed paints with all of the swirls intact. It creates the effect that you worked for hours to create a result that took a few seconds. Bob Ross always said that painting is a game of illusions. That is a really cool effect to create an instant and very colorful painting.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:59 am
That is why Bob Ross always leaves the mixed paints with all of the swirls intact. It creates the effect that you worked for hours to create a result that took a few seconds. Bob Ross always said that painting is a game of illusions. That is a really cool effect to create an instant and very colorful painting.
Like the word "love", painting IS a verb.

put down the keyboard and schedule an hour to painting or drawing.

anyone know how to upload pictures to this website ? Looks like you gotta creat paths, files, etc.

phbb is antique stuff......

plenty of learning tools.......this guy's teaching and approach is good. PAINT coach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKuzi4DGE84
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:59 am
Like the word "love", painting IS a verb.

put down the keyboard and schedule an hour to painting or drawing.

anyone know how to upload pictures to this website ? Looks like you gotta creat paths, files, etc.

phbb is antique stuff......
use https://imgur.com/upload

1 - click choose photo
2 - once photo is loaded click the three little dots in the right corner of photo
3 - then select 'get share links'
4 - then copy the bbcode link
5 - paste that link in the post
6 - done.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

thank you for the suggestion, but strong pass not really interested in someone having intellectual property control over something that I upload I'll find another way
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:39 am thank you for the suggestion, but strong pass not really interested in someone having intellectual property control over something that I upload I'll find another way
Then you will need to embed them in your own web page or share them via some form of a share site like dropbox, or google photos, that you own.
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”