StM
10%
StP
7%

Total votes: 103

kramerica.inc

Re: MIAA A Conference

Post by kramerica.inc »

The fact that BL is in the final four is amazing to me.
Most flawed team left. I have no clue how this team keeps winning. But good on Coach and those boys for playing well when they need to! ITs been fun to watch! I think St Mary's is the more talented team, but that hasn't mattered for BL this season. I'll go with BL by one in the rematch.

In the other Semi, I'd love LB to win, but CHC is simply too good. It's really men among boys. CHC has a cakewalk to the title. CH by at least 10, unless Kelly is feeling merciful.
Slim

Post by Slim »

I'm hearing whispers around town that former St. Paul's coach, Brocatto, is going to be one of Nostrant's assistants at Gilman. I know they are great friends and college teammates, but thought he retired from coaching completely.

Anybody have any skinny on this, or is it just the rumor-mill?
DeadPhish

Post by DeadPhish »

CHC should comfortably beat LB, but you never know. Their path to victory is so much narrower than CHCs. I think SM has the best chance of knocking off CHC, but even then would go into the game as a big underdog. Did they give CHC their closest MIAA game this year?
Formerly SemiEliteStatus
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Slim wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:24 pm I'm hearing whispers around town that former St. Paul's coach, Brocatto, is going to be one of Nostrant's assistants at Gilman. I know they are great friends and college teammates, but thought he retired from coaching completely.

Anybody have any skinny on this, or is it just the rumor-mill?
Havent heard that one. But it's tough to retire compeltely, if you have passion, like Broc.

That said, being "on staff" is much easier than being the HC. Any staff would be lucky to have Broc. And Nostrant would benefit from Broc's knowledge of the local scene.
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

Going with Hall and Lakers today.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

St. Marys is good. Possibly even beat-CHC good.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Let's start our official:

******************************************************Title Game Predictions Thread**************************************************************

This game is over. St. Mary's or CHC Friday evening?

I am calling St. Mary's. They are peaking at totally the right time.
laxtalker

Post by laxtalker »

St Mary's vs BL was an ugly 2nd half, turnovers, penalties, and no real flow to the game. If St Mary's plays the same way vs Calvert Hall, Calvert Hall will win in a blowout.
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Saints had many loose plays, especially in the clearing game that BL did not take advantage of. If they don't clean those up Hall will make them pay.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

Calvert Hall will win by 10 .
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No one is "beat CH good" right now. The Cards are also peaking. It's another level. They would roll anyone in the country right now.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I think CHC could beat anyone too, including Hill, who previously beat them. They are deep and firing on all cylinders right now.
St Mary's is a good team, but they have their work cut out for them.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
DeadPhish

Post by DeadPhish »

Didn't St. Mary's give CHC their most competive game this year? If I recall, the game was close well into the fourth quarter...
Formerly SemiEliteStatus
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

CHC beat St. Mary's 13-9 at CHC earlier this year.

All this prognosticating is being done by non-CHC folks. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I have followed CHC a bit, and there doesn't really seem to be any CHC fans on this board, so the "bulletin board material" is likely coming from third parties.

I expect St. Mary's to bring their A game and keep it closer than the rest of the teams. Whether they can slay Goliath is yet to be determined, but it's been done in past championship games.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Question for MIAA followers, what is preventing your schools from being able to attend the Geico shindig? Is it graduation? There should certainly be a representative every year.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

SM is a good team. But, BL shot poorly! Like real bad.
viper

Post by viper »

DeadPhish wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm Didn't St. Mary's give CHC their most competive game this year? If I recall, the game was close well into the fourth quarter...
Early in the season, against McDonogh, St Mary's and BL, Calvert Hall had significant leads (6-7 goals) as the games were winding down but let late runs by those three teams make them closer. I remember specifically that McDonogh ran off 4-5 goals in the last 3 minutes of the game. Having said that, CHC is not the same team it was then. With the offense, you pick your poison in matchups and someone else is going to hurt you. On defense, they make very few mistakes and harass the opponent all over the field. Loyola was 7-14 on clears yesterday.

I am trying to temper expectations, but right now it's hard to see an upset in the making.
random observer

Post by random observer »

viper wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:59 pm
DeadPhish wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm Didn't St. Mary's give CHC their most competive game this year? If I recall, the game was close well into the fourth quarter...
Early in the season, against McDonogh, St Mary's and BL, Calvert Hall had significant leads (6-7 goals) as the games were winding down but let late runs by those three teams make them closer. I remember specifically that McDonogh ran off 4-5 goals in the last 3 minutes of the game. Having said that, CHC is not the same team it was then. With the offense, you pick your poison in matchups and someone else is going to hurt you. On defense, they make very few mistakes and harass the opponent all over the field. Loyola was 7-14 on clears yesterday.

I am trying to temper expectations, but right now it's hard to see an upset in the making.
Actually in the St. Mary's game, CHC ran off the last couple of goals. It was 11-6 going into the 4th and then St. Mary's got to within 11-9 and was on the EMO before CHC tacked on a couple in the final 2 minutes. Not a nail-biter, but not a thorough beating either like against BL and McDonogh.
Slim

Post by Slim »

The reason BL lost was NOT because of "poor shooting." The defense was porous and allowed several open looks and inside layups, because they ball watch. Additionally, the lefty attackman #38, who played very well this season, struggled to find open spots and did not have the opportunity to get clean looks. Part of that is because St. Mary's adjusted their defense after #10 (who was 1 and 7 v. McDonogh) was 1 and 1 early in the 1st quarter. the Saints made it very difficult for him to get the ball and do his damage as a playmaker from that point on. This took BL out of their offensive flow.

St. Mary's was smarter, bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher. It had nothing to do with "poor shooting" by the Lakers. the better team and better coached team won the game. I wish them luck against the Calvert Hall juggernaut Friday!
Last edited by Slim on Thu May 16, 2019 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”