The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by dislaxxic »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:27 pm I watched a little of the House Judiciary Hur Hearing, and I have to say this:

First, it is really difficult to listen to Jordan speak, not merely because he's such an assh*le, but because his manner of speaking is so strangely torrid that he just blitzes along and loses any meaning he might have. He's a remarkable dissembler of information; his capacity for lying and half-truthing is astonishing.

Second, the hearing was totally a farce that was altogether unnecessary. Hur stands by his Report. He refuses to overstate the Report's conclusions, or to make judgments about Biden's mental acuity. He acknowledges that there are massive and material differences between Biden's case and Trump's case, and the manner in which each handled documents and then interfaced with the law enforcement representatives charged with investigating each of them.

As one pundit says, "This hearing could’ve been an email." Instead, we saw another astounding waste of government time and resources and taxpayer money while the GOP reminded everyone with a f*cking brain that it doesn't know how to govern and can't really be bothered with that stuff.

Repeating GOP/MAGA disinformation just rewards these cackling asshats.
SO spot on!

Remember this one? It led to a totally legitimate, NECESSARY impeachment of a rogue faux-politician not too awful long ago...

"Just announce an investigation and - with House Republicans - we'll take it from there."

Hur's Hit Job is yet another example of this tactic. Hur is a protege of Rod Rosenstein. This tactic is the GOP's main tool to attempt to gain and keep political power. Lie, obfuscate, misinform, all on the road to creating the reality that Orange Cheato wants to be the realty of ALL of us. His version of the world in which he is the fully-clothed emperor.

Adam Schiff, the D candidate for Senate in Cali, hit the nail on the head during the hearing. Check out his comments on YTb...
All in all, a loss for the Rs today, albeit a minor one.
Minor R loss, more bigly a win for D's, in the struggle to show a difference between these two groups looking to run the Executive branch for the next term or two...

Last edited by dislaxxic on Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:43 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:31 pm Anyone watch the hearing? I did. It’s a fair characterization to say that Hur made both sides unhappy. He wouldn’t exonerate Joe, as Dems wanted. He wouldn’t say Joe violated the law, as the Republicans wanted. Nobody got anything out of him really. Just another nonevent show trial.
That’s my read.

I thought it was a tactical mistake for Dems to claim exonerated, which forced Hur to deny that’s what his report does. It obviously isn’t necessarily an exoneration from a prosecution view for a non prosecution to be reached.

Want to play back all of Trumps claims of exoneration from the Mueller Report, or either Senate outcomes, fine…none were exonerations.

Play the politics outside don’t make a guy like Hur disagree with you.

Focus on the most important differences between Trump behavior and Biden’s. That’s overwhelming.
They got their FoxNews front page splashy headline: "Biden is bad".

That's all this was about......
Disagree..what it shows, yet again, loud and clear for those in the back of the room, is that there are two sets of rules; those me me and those for thee. It a cluster FUK. WE should all be equally livid at both he and Trump for undermining their responsibilities. But, and 8mm dollar book advance and a ghost writer is justifiable with no equivalence for the orange man.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Actually one set of rules that leads to different conclusions in two entirely different factual situations.

Any reasonable person would have to conclude the cases are world's apart in terms of their seriousness.

The moving of the boxes to Trump Force One while the feds were en route to MAL and the deletion of the security footage showing the Trump minions moving boxes out of the room the feds were going to search is damning inculpatory evidence that would resonate with any fair minded person. Now, Trump may get off thanks to Judge In-The-Bag, but that doesn't mean he's innocent.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:47 pm Actually one set of rules that leads to different conclusions in two entirely different factual situations.
This modest, reasonable statement, above, is a level of discernment that the American Right/MAGA do not, cannot and will not reach.

And that is remarkable. Educated people who don't understand that there is a legal regime to which one applies the facts. The facts are the variable. We are living in the Age or Moronia.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

All the "I don't knows" and "I can't recalls" from Hur from a prosecution barely a year ago is a pretty terrible look. And YA and C&S and others are trying to dunk on Biden's recollection of stuff 8 years ago?

We still don't know if we have all the classified docs Trump took, or if he has any in other locations. Wonder why the FBI hasn't searched his other properties.

Also, people need to read the transcripts. Very different from what Fox & OAN are saying. :lol:
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:51 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:47 pm Actually one set of rules that leads to different conclusions in two entirely different factual situations.
This modest, reasonable statement, above, is a level of discernment that the American Right/MAGA do not, cannot and will not reach.

And that is remarkable. Educated people who don't understand that there is a legal regime to which one applies the facts. The facts are the variable. We are living in the Age or Moronia.
Clearly, neither of you have ever gone through and recorded a security clearance, signed federal docs acknowledging personal responsibilities of agreed trust. Discernment for me, but not for thee.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:19 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:43 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:31 pm Anyone watch the hearing? I did. It’s a fair characterization to say that Hur made both sides unhappy. He wouldn’t exonerate Joe, as Dems wanted. He wouldn’t say Joe violated the law, as the Republicans wanted. Nobody got anything out of him really. Just another nonevent show trial.
That’s my read.

I thought it was a tactical mistake for Dems to claim exonerated, which forced Hur to deny that’s what his report does. It obviously isn’t necessarily an exoneration from a prosecution view for a non prosecution to be reached.

Want to play back all of Trumps claims of exoneration from the Mueller Report, or either Senate outcomes, fine…none were exonerations.

Play the politics outside don’t make a guy like Hur disagree with you.

Focus on the most important differences between Trump behavior and Biden’s. That’s overwhelming.
They got their FoxNews front page splashy headline: "Biden is bad".

That's all this was about......
Disagree..what it shows, yet again, loud and clear for those in the back of the room, is that there are two sets of rules; those me me and those for thee. It a cluster FUK. WE should all be equally livid at both he and Trump for undermining their responsibilities. But, and 8mm dollar book advance and a ghost writer is justifiable with no equivalence for the orange man.
Ordinarily? I'd agree. But as you know, we've discussed the sh(tshow that is our "classified document" program.....this is an EASILY fixable situation where our leaders I'm MUCH more angry that our shoddy "system" has been shown to be 1950's-era security levels.

I don't think, not even for a moment, that when Biden found his documents, that shredders all over DC and beyond were running 24/7 for all that "whoops, I forgot to bring this back".

If this is a serious program? The freaking honor system doesn't cut it. We need RETURN deadlines and confirmation they were returned. If FedEx and Amazon can do it? So can US intel. It's ABSURD that we can't track serious documents, in real time, in 2024.

But sure, if you want, get mad at Biden AND Trump. Although Trump is FAR worse...not only did he keep them intentionally, he uses the doggone things to brag to 1%ers at parties.
njbill

Post by njbill »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 pm All the "I don't knows" and "I can't recalls" from Hur from a prosecution barely a year ago is a pretty terrible look. And YA and C&S and others are trying to dunk on Biden's recollection of stuff 8 years ago?
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the hearing.

And the biggest clown of them all -- Mr. I-can't-afford-a-suit-jacket AKA Mr. see no evil; hear no evil; speak no evil-- can't remember any of OSU abuse incidents.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Disagree..what it shows, yet again, loud and clear for those in the back of the room, is that there are two sets of rules; those me me and those for thee. It a cluster FUK. WE should all be equally livid at both he and Trump for undermining their responsibilities.
This is, perhaps, the single most bad faith dumb fork gaslight troll bravo sierra I have ever read on thiese boards. Even Old Salty is saying "dude- come on..."

Mr. Hur is a lifelong Republican with literally zero incentive to be in the tank for Biden. Yet apparently yet another Republican goes full Deep State conspiracy in giving Biden a pass while ripping Trump a new one. YA clearly didn't read Hur's report. Probably because actual facts and knowledge would constrain YA from turning the gaslight up to 11.

If YA had read Hur's report, he would know that Hur goes on at some length to point out the "material differences" between Biden's case and Trump's.
And why Trump is righteously facing felony prosecution and why Biden's case was not even remotely close to being prosecutable.

But don't take my word for it. Go read Hur's report and he will explain it to you. Or, just listen to Hur himself explain the difference to you in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAWbZxOqLnI

I give YA the benefit of the doubt and assume he is a bad faith loser troll who for some reason gets off on saying patently ridiculous things he knows are false. But his constant bull shirtery makes me wonder if he really believes the stuff he posts. In which case, he's the dumbest brain washed MAGA loser there is.

And please, YA, tell us again how you'll never vote for Trump. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:55 am
Disagree..what it shows, yet again, loud and clear for those in the back of the room, is that there are two sets of rules; those me me and those for thee. It a cluster FUK. WE should all be equally livid at both he and Trump for undermining their responsibilities.
This is, perhaps, the single most bad faith dumb fork gaslight troll bravo sierra I have ever read on thiese boards. Even Old Salty is saying "dude- come on..."

Mr. Hur is a lifelong Republican with literally zero incentive to be in the tank for Biden. Yet apparently yet another Republican goes full Deep State conspiracy in giving Biden a pass while ripping Trump a new one. YA clearly didn't read Hur's report. Probably because actual facts and knowledge would constrain YA from turning the gaslight up to 11.

If YA had read Hur's report, he would know that Hur goes on at some length to point out the "material differences" between Biden's case and Trump's.
And why Trump is righteously facing felony prosecution and why Biden's case was not even remotely close to being prosecutable.

But don't take my word for it. Go read Hur's report and he will explain it to you. Or, just listen to Hur himself explain the difference to you in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAWbZxOqLnI

I give YA the benefit of the doubt and assume he is a bad faith loser troll who for some reason gets off on saying patently ridiculous things he knows are false. But his constant bull shirtery makes me wonder if he really believes the stuff he posts. In which case, he's the dumbest brain washed MAGA loser there is.

And please, YA, tell us again how you'll never vote for Trump. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
As usual, the lingering impact of huffing paint over the years, has clouded your ability comprehend even the simplest of thought. My argument is the possession, handing, and storage of documents.....FULL STOP. Not anything to do with what came thereafter.

Your hit piece directed at me, puts on full display your rather low acuity in reading comprehension of others. My post was in defense of accountability and trust to secure and hold a clearance....I'll add you as yet another poster that has not gone through that process.

You clearly read afan's post from 3+ hours earlier, he understood my point well, and somehow you still came out with your diatribe aimed at me; weakness and lack of self-control on your part.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The situation in Haiti is getting worse everyday. The people of Haiti are in the middle of a humanitarian crisis. Should Joe have a plan? Should we just let the people of Haiti figure it out?? The Haitian government, whatever is left of it, wants foreign governments to stay out of it. What Haiti really needs is a powerful earthquake to get people to work together again. Maybe if VP Harris isn't busy this week she could head down to Haiti and fix the problems. That won't work, Haiti doesn't want any help. Haiti is turning into quite the conundrum for the US.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:24 am Digging to Scarlett O'Britt's performance:

https://www.tiktok.com/@katzonearth/vid ... kWU6SuT8l4
Your just jealous because her kitchen is nicer than yours. I wonder if she was baking cookies in the oven during her reply? It was a pathetic rebuttal to the SotU show. Why didn't trump get the chance for a rebuttal? That would have been a hoot.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:37 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:24 am Digging to Scarlett O'Britt's performance:

Your just jealous because her kitchen is nicer than yours. I wonder if she was baking cookies in the oven during her reply? It was a pathetic rebuttal to the SotU show. Why didn't trump get the chance for a rebuttal? That would have been a hoot.
"You're."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:37 am

"You're."
Spell check fails me again... you are correct.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Lara Trump laid off 60 employees at the RNC this werk replacing them with Trump loyalists and the new head of the RNC is in the front ranks of election deniers. This election will devolve into increasingly fraudulent claims and eventually chaos if Trump is successful. Which is not unlike what he wanted 4 years ago.

I am wondering which alternative candidates would be supportable? RFK is a joke. But then so is Trump.

95% of the poorest counties and 90% of the poorest states are Red. Poorest education systems are similar. If Trump were to win and SSI were eliminated their voters would be crushed. The country would go into recession and there would be little left of the Constitution’s underlying principals.

BTW as little faith as i have in polls many no show Biden leading
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I meant to write eliminating SSI would lead to a depression not recession
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:15 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 pm All the "I don't knows" and "I can't recalls" from Hur from a prosecution barely a year ago is a pretty terrible look. And YA and C&S and others are trying to dunk on Biden's recollection of stuff 8 years ago?
I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the hearing.

And the biggest clown of them all -- Mr. I-can't-afford-a-suit-jacket AKA Mr. see no evil; hear no evil; speak no evil-- can't remember any of OSU abuse incidents.
Hillary Clinton is the politician who perfected the art of " I don't recall/ I don't remember" Or don't you recall her testimony?? :D You can't be charged for perjury for not remembering something. Now if you misremember something while chatting with a pair of FBI agents your ass is grass and the AG will be the lawnmower. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:05 am Lara Trump laid off 60 employees at the RNC this werk replacing them with Trump loyalists and the new head of the RNC is in the front ranks of election deniers. This election will devolve into increasingly fraudulent claims and eventually chaos if Trump is successful. Which is not unlike what he wanted 4 years ago.

I am wondering which alternative candidates would be supportable? RFK is a joke. But then so is Trump.

95% of the poorest counties and 90% of the poorest states are Red. Poorest education systems are similar. If Trump were to win and SSI were eliminated their voters would be crushed. The country would go into recession and there would be little left of the Constitution’s underlying principals.

BTW as little faith as i have in polls many no show Biden leading
Is it redundant to say that there is only one poll that matters? These pollsters do have a lot of fun and make decent money coming up with never ending polls. :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:39 am You can't be charged for perjury for not remembering something.
You might want to ask Bob Haldeman and John Erlichman about that.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

+1. History matters

Return to “POLITICS”