The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:29 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:10 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 am One of them has done a good job as president. One enriched his family and select associates while failing on all campaign promises and breaking innumerable laws and lying 30,000 times in 4 years.
Shouldn't be a tough choice for a rational American.

But apparently a whole lot of people rabidly prefer that liar.

And it's not Biden's age nor any such lame excuse. There are whole lot of reasons that Trump tickles various people's fancy, and none of them seem particularly admirable to me. Many of them are not voiced out loud except perhaps outside of his rallies when people are in large groups and get excited enough, feel 'safe' enough to voice them.
A ton of people prefer neither. Sadly one of these clowns has to win. Why should any American be proud or happy to have one these jackwagons running the country? In case no one has noticed the entire world is going to hell in a hand basket with the serious possibility of the USA being dragged into a major conflict. IMO neither of these 2 idiots are capable of taking charge of a deteriorating world situation. Well one of them will get elected and we will all find out. Lucky us. :roll:

I'll give a hypothetical example with Joe in the batters box. One of our Navy destroyers gets hit and is seriously damaged or sunk. So what's the game plan if that happens? I hope that never happens but our ships are smack dab in the middle of harms way. We have to be on point 24/7/365 on the defensive side. The bad actors just need to get lucky once. Back to my original question, what's the game plan in a worst case scenario?

No need to worry cradle because that will NEVER happen. :roll:
You keep playing this game that both sides are the same. That's complete BS. They're far from it. One side is willing to destroy our form of government - whether as necessary to gain the presidency or to keep the presidency once they have it. A vote for a third party increases the odds of that possibility. Even if you don't agree with the other side, a vote for it lets you hope for 2028.
That is my opinion. As regarding trump and Biden in particular, I don't want either one of them running this country. My opinion is not a Democrat or a Republican thing. These 2 candidates are IMO way below the level of being qualified and borderline on incompetent. Support whatever candidate you prefer. My vote in November will not be for either one. There is an ever increasing number of Americans in the millions that feel the same way that I do. Hopefully an actual 3rd party candidate will come forward as someone you would feel good voting for.
Why is the phrase "fallen on deaf ears" coming to mind? Weird.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The disconnect is that those who chose third party think that their hatred of both the D and R nominees outweigh the clear dangers of Trump back in office. Trump's most loyal base voters are White Nationalist/Christian Dominionist and want a government run by select believers of that type to permanently erase the "other" side by removing them from power regardless of the means. That is why so many seem to think that Jan. 6 was some sort of political protest instead of an attempt at derailing the lawful succession of Trump with Biden.

What happened in Brazil after their last election was the removal of the former guy from the possibility of running again in the next election. That should have already happened with Trump, but the SC does not have the guts to do the right thing...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:29 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:10 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 am One of them has done a good job as president. One enriched his family and select associates while failing on all campaign promises and breaking innumerable laws and lying 30,000 times in 4 years.
Shouldn't be a tough choice for a rational American.

But apparently a whole lot of people rabidly prefer that liar.

And it's not Biden's age nor any such lame excuse. There are whole lot of reasons that Trump tickles various people's fancy, and none of them seem particularly admirable to me. Many of them are not voiced out loud except perhaps outside of his rallies when people are in large groups and get excited enough, feel 'safe' enough to voice them.
A ton of people prefer neither. Sadly one of these clowns has to win. Why should any American be proud or happy to have one these jackwagons running the country? In case no one has noticed the entire world is going to hell in a hand basket with the serious possibility of the USA being dragged into a major conflict. IMO neither of these 2 idiots are capable of taking charge of a deteriorating world situation. Well one of them will get elected and we will all find out. Lucky us. :roll:

I'll give a hypothetical example with Joe in the batters box. One of our Navy destroyers gets hit and is seriously damaged or sunk. So what's the game plan if that happens? I hope that never happens but our ships are smack dab in the middle of harms way. We have to be on point 24/7/365 on the defensive side. The bad actors just need to get lucky once. Back to my original question, what's the game plan in a worst case scenario?

No need to worry cradle because that will NEVER happen. :roll:
You keep playing this game that both sides are the same. That's complete BS. They're far from it. One side is willing to destroy our form of government - whether as necessary to gain the presidency or to keep the presidency once they have it. A vote for a third party increases the odds of that possibility. Even if you don't agree with the other side, a vote for it lets you hope for 2028.
That is my opinion. As regarding trump and Biden in particular, I don't want either one of them running this country. My opinion is not a Democrat or a Republican thing. These 2 candidates are IMO way below the level of being qualified and borderline on incompetent. Support whatever candidate you prefer. My vote in November will not be for either one. There is an ever increasing number of Americans in the millions that feel the same way that I do. Hopefully an actual 3rd party candidate will come forward as someone you would feel good voting for.
Why is the phrase "fallen on deaf ears" coming to mind? Weird.
I hear everybody Lima Charlie. You expect me to vote for one of two people I believe both to be unqualified to lead this country? You talk about falling on deaf ears. I've only stated this same opinion about a hundred times on this forum. You have a huge man crush on Joe Biden, I sorta kinda understand that. IMO Joe is that carton of milk you put in the back of the fridge 10 years ago and forgot about. Joe is around 10 years past his expiration date.
My vote will be for the best 3rd party candidate that shows up.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:35 pm The disconnect is that those who chose third party think that their hatred of both the D and R nominees outweigh the clear dangers of Trump back in office. Trump's most loyal base voters are White Nationalist/Christian Dominionist and want a government run by select believers of that type to permanently erase the "other" side by removing them from power regardless of the means. That is why so many seem to think that Jan. 6 was some sort of political protest instead of an attempt at derailing the lawful succession of Trump with Biden.

What happened in Brazil after their last election was the removal of the former guy from the possibility of running again in the next election. That should have already happened with Trump, but the SC does not have the guts to do the right thing...
So it's the same old story, same old song an dance. Vote for Biden...he sucks less than trump... :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:43 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:35 pm The disconnect is that those who chose third party think that their hatred of both the D and R nominees outweigh the clear dangers of Trump back in office. Trump's most loyal base voters are White Nationalist/Christian Dominionist and want a government run by select believers of that type to permanently erase the "other" side by removing them from power regardless of the means. That is why so many seem to think that Jan. 6 was some sort of political protest instead of an attempt at derailing the lawful succession of Trump with Biden.

So it's the same old story, same old song an dance. Vote for Biden...he sucks less than trump... :roll: :roll:
yes, because the alternative is much worse.

But go ahead and be you.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:58 pm

But go ahead and be you.
In this instance that is the prudent course of action. I'm sure as hell not going to try to be you. :D That would be more repugnant than trump himself.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The hearing is not going very well for the Republicans. Probably will not blow up the way the Hunter Biden investigation did, but this prosecutor is Joe Friday incarnate. They’re not going to get him to give any soundbites. At least so far in the hearing.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm

But go ahead and be you.
In this instance that is the prudent course of action. I'm sure as hell not going to try to be you. :D That would be more repugnant than trump himself.
In the same vein, no sane person would aspire to be like YOU either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm

But go ahead and be you.
In the same vein, no sane person would aspire to be like YOU either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just like Groucho Marx would never join a club that would have him as a member. I accept your compliment in the spirit it was given. :D
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So Biden is either mentally uncapable to be POTUS if he can not recall these rather important events...over and over again, or he is just a liar; either way, he is a liability that puts our county in jeopardy.

https://x.com/C_N_F__on__X/status/17675 ... 43890?s=20

Another liar, claiming Hur exonerated: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1767595 ... 15788?s=20

More corruption: https://x.com/RNCResearch/status/176758 ... 38010?s=20

More Joe Lies: https://x.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/17 ... 40531?s=20

Documents all over the place: https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/17675 ... 37348?s=20

Schiff inserting himself to persuade: https://x.com/simonateba/status/1767589 ... 61742?s=20

Attempted to destroy files: https://x.com/charliekirk11/status/1767 ... 12244?s=20

Nadler "did Biden to lie to you...Hur, Yes: https://x.com/SteveGuest/status/1767571 ... 03084?s=20
Last edited by youthathletics on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:46 pm So Biden is either mentally uncapable to be POTUS if he can not recall these rather important events...over and over again, or he is just a liar; either way, he is a liability that puts our county in jeopardy.

Another liar, claiming Hur exonerated: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1767595 ... 15788?s=20

Documents all over the place: https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/17675 ... 37348?s=20
What it proves is Joe suffers from either CRS or SMS.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Anyone watch the hearing? I did. It’s a fair characterization to say that Hur made both sides unhappy. He wouldn’t exonerate Joe, as Dems wanted. He wouldn’t say Joe violated the law, as the Republicans wanted. Nobody got anything out of him really. Just another nonevent show trial.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:31 pm Anyone watch the hearing? I did. It’s a fair characterization to say that Hur made both sides unhappy. He wouldn’t exonerate Joe, as Dems wanted. He wouldn’t say Joe violated the law, as the Republicans wanted. Nobody got anything out of him really. Just another nonevent show trial.
That’s my read.

I thought it was a tactical mistake for Dems to claim exonerated, which forced Hur to deny that’s what his report does. It obviously isn’t necessarily an exoneration from a prosecution view for a non prosecution to be reached.

Want to play back all of Trumps claims of exoneration from the Mueller Report, or either Senate outcomes, fine…none were exonerations.

Play the politics outside don’t make a guy like Hur disagree with you.

Focus on the most important differences between Trump behavior and Biden’s. That’s overwhelming.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:43 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:31 pm Anyone watch the hearing? I did. It’s a fair characterization to say that Hur made both sides unhappy. He wouldn’t exonerate Joe, as Dems wanted. He wouldn’t say Joe violated the law, as the Republicans wanted. Nobody got anything out of him really. Just another nonevent show trial.
That’s my read.

I thought it was a tactical mistake for Dems to claim exonerated, which forced Hur to deny that’s what his report does. It obviously isn’t necessarily an exoneration from a prosecution view for a non prosecution to be reached.

Want to play back all of Trumps claims of exoneration from the Mueller Report, or either Senate outcomes, fine…none were exonerations.

Focus on the most important differences between Trump behavior and Biden’s. That’s overwhelming.
They got their FoxNews front page splashy headline: "Biden is bad".

That's all this was about......
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:46 pm So Biden is either mentally uncapable to be POTUS if he can not recall these rather important events...over and over again, or he is just a liar; either way, he is a liability that puts our county in jeopardy.

Schiff inserting himself to persuade: https://x.com/simonateba/status/1767589 ... 61742?s=20

Attempted to destroy files: https://x.com/charliekirk11/status/1767 ... 12244?s=20

Nadler "did Biden to lie to you...Hur, Yes: https://x.com/SteveGuest/status/1767571 ... 03084?s=20
So another term for defining a lie is to say " that statement was inconsistent with our findings" ...got it!! :D
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:52 pm
That’s my read.

So how come YA you don't post a litany of Twitter links to all of the garbage behavior there from your preferred candidate Orange Fatso?
:oops:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

That’s my read.

That's all that GOP House governance is about. I mean this literally and seriously: the House Majority cannot govern and no longer knows how to govern, or cares to govern.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 pm
That’s my read.

So how come YA you don't post a litany of Twitter links to all of the garbage behavior there from your preferred candidate Orange Fatso?
:oops:
Trump is not his preferred candidate. He is just putting it out there.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I watched a little of the House Judiciary Hur Hearing, and I have to say this:

First, it is really difficult to listen to Jordan speak, not merely because he's such an assh*le, but because his manner of speaking is so strangely torrid that he just blitzes along and loses any meaning he might have. He's a remarkable dissembler of information; his capacity for lying and half-truthing is astonishing.

Second, the hearing was totally a farce that was altogether unnecessary. Hur stands by his Report. He refuses to overstate the Report's conclusions, or to make judgments about Biden's mental acuity. He acknowledges that there are massive and material differences between Biden's case and Trump's case, and the manner in which each handled documents and then interfaced with the law enforcement representatives charged with investigating each of them.

As one pundit says, "This hearing could’ve been an email." Instead, we saw another astounding waste of government time and resources and taxpayer money while the GOP reminded everyone with a f*cking brain that it doesn't know how to govern and can't really be bothered with that stuff.

Repeating GOP/MAGA disinformation just rewards these cackling asshats.
njbill

Post by njbill »

That’s my read.

+1.

This was, in effect, a cross examination. While the well-known maxim that you never ask a question on cross that you don't know the answer to isn't entirely accurate (there are times the cost/benefit of asking such a question is OK depending on the witness and the other info you have), with this witness it was very clear early on that he was only going to stick to what was in his report (correctly so in my view). He was not going to say he "exonerated" Biden. Nor was he going to say he'd have charged Biden but for the memory issue or if he weren't bound by the DOJ legal opinion.

From the Dems perspective, there were lots of questions they could have asked him, based on stuff in his report (both Biden and Trump related), that would have produced good sound bites for the Dems. Some Dems correctly followed that approach, but not all of them.

Now at the end of the day it was just political theater as Hur's report was already in the public domain so nothing he said was "new" news today.

All in all, a loss for the Rs today, albeit a minor one.

Return to “POLITICS”