Big Ten 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Big Ten 2024

Post by 10stone5 »

Huh ?
I’m surprised.
Guess Tambroni knows what he’s doing and PSU really is stacked on offense.
coda

Post by coda »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:19 pm Huh ?
I’m surprised.
Guess Tambroni knows what he’s doing and PSU really is stacked on offense.
More surprised on the defensive side. Cornell has real issues on defense, but their offense is legit.. Hell of a defensive performance
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I was going to say,

actually, PSU is top-heavy stacked,

but enough so on offense, that it looks like they may be redshirting their top 10 freshman Kyle Lehman who had 6 goals in his first two games.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Maryland and Penn State got the job done. Michigan with a big chance tomorrow to show some May capability.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:03 pm I was going to say,

but enough so on offense, that it looks like they may be redshirting their top 10 freshman Kyle Lehman who had 6 goals in his first two games.
Lehman has already played in multiple games. You can't redshirt once you've played, unless you have an injury. If they're just benching him for performance, he's not redshirting.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

So I wasn’t sure about these guys,

but it looks like Sean Donnelly and Matt Lazaro got some runs in today, again speaking to PSUs depth, Brenfleck saw some time.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

mdk01 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:44 am
RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:41 am
coda wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:16 am
RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
Big 10 has a huge weekend coming up. Come out on top and it will really bode well for the tournament.
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

OSu vs ND (less than 0 expectations)
Hop vs Cuse
I agree. However, if OSU beats ND, I will bet ND is still in the top ten, lol.
Let me guess, it's a home game for Syracuse.
I think you guessed correctly. Live Stats appears to be Syracuse-branded, so they are probably the home team at the neutral site (Charlotte, NC)
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Haveaday

Post by Haveaday »

jrn19 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:02 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:03 pm I was going to say,

Lehman has already played in multiple games. You can't redshirt once you've played, unless you have an injury. If they're just benching him for performance, he's not redshirting.
Lehman left the Stonybrook game with an injury and hasn’t dressed since but I don’t believe his injury to be serious. Will be interesting to see how he factors in when healthy as PSU’s offense is deep and really clicked against Cornell.

The story of the game though had to be the defense who, despite missing their top two close defenders, really did a great job on Kirst and Cornell’s offense. Plus it helps that Fracyon has been a stud since the Colgate game.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:46 pm
RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
Big 10 has a huge weekend coming up. Come out on top and it will really bode well for the tournament.
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
I think you guessed correctly. Live Stats appears to be Syracuse-branded, so they are probably the home team at the neutral site (Charlotte, NC)
Hopkins was the home team as they played at the Dome last year, Hop moved the game to Charlotte.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:14 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
Hopkins was the home team as they played at the Dome last year, Hop moved the game to Charlotte.
According to a local Charlotte media report (from a reporter who says he's a Syracuse alum), the game was supposed to be at Homewood this year but Gait said no. I assure you Hopkins would have preferred to have it at home. It's unclear if the game would have been played at all if not for this Charlotte thing.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/col ... 6c39701a2f
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:30 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse
According to a local Charlotte media report (from a reporter who says he's a Syracuse alum), the game was supposed to be at Homewood this year but Gait said no. I assure you Hopkins would have preferred to have it at home. It's unclear if the game would have been played at all if not for this Charlotte thing.

That reporter is incorrect, there are no renovations currently and the Dome was wide open this weekend. This game always rotates home and away, zero chance SU tried to strong arm Hop of all teams over the location
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse

That reporter is incorrect, there are no renovations currently and the Dome was wide open this weekend. This game always rotates home and away, zero chance SU tried to strong arm Hop of all teams over the location
So you think he's lying? There is less than zero chance Hopkins willingly volunteered to give away a home game for no reason which appears to be what you're saying
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:09 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse

So you think he's lying? There is less than zero chance Hopkins willingly volunteered to give away a home game for no reason which appears to be what you're saying
I said incorrect, the issue appears to be the person he spoke to from the classic. That persons info makes zero sense. There are no renovations currently, SU is redoing the seating in the Dome but that's not until May and the Dome was free and clear this weekend. Secondly outside of one series where the Dome actually wasn't available and both teams rotated 2 straight home games the series has always rotated home and away. Why would Syracuse suddenly get Two straight home games or tell Hopkins were playing at a neutral field or not at all, Hopkins would just laugh.

Lastly the guy mentions something about 3 straight years of home games for SU, the matchup was at Homewood 2 years ago. So again his info makes no sense.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:16 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse

I said incorrect, the issue appears to be the person he spoke to from the classic. That persons info makes zero sense. There are no renovations currently, SU is redoing the seating in the Dome but that's not until May and the Dome was free and clear this weekend. Secondly outside of one series where the Dome actually wasn't available and both teams rotated 2 straight home games the series has always rotated home and away. Why would Syracuse suddenly get Two straight home games or tell Hopkins were playing at a neutral field or not at all, Hopkins would just laugh.

Lastly the guy mentions something about 3 straight years of home games for SU, the matchup was at Homewood 2 years ago. So again his info makes no sense.
You're leaving out the part where the guy says Cuse didn't want to play at Homewood again. Feels like a bizarre thing to say out of thin air. Sounds like he spoke to someone at Syracuse and that it was he was told. I'll grant that something could have been easily lost in translation. But even so I'm not sure how you get from that to "Hopkins moved the game." It does not pass the smell test that Hop would unilaterally decide to play a third straight ACC game on the road instead of at Homewood.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:20 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:16 am
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

Hop vs Cuse

You're leaving out the part where the guy says Cuse didn't want to play at Homewood again. Feels like a bizarre thing to say out of thin air. Sounds like he spoke to someone at Syracuse and that it was he was told. I'll grant that something could have been easily lost in translation. But even so I'm not sure how you get from that to "Hopkins moved the game." It does not pass the smell test that Hop would unilaterally decide to play a third straight ACC game on the road instead of at Homewood.
Something was way lost in translation or this game was scheduled/agreed to like 2 years ago. Look at what he says "the Dome was closed again and they didn't want to go back for a third time". He's talking about 2020 and 2022 when the games were played on the road in consecutive matchups at Hop and in 2022 specifically due to construction issues at SU. Last years game was at the Dome so his comment about a third time makes no sense, third what? Also as I mentioned the Dome is wide open and was available yesterday.

Perhaps both teams mutually agreed to a neutral site game, not unheard of so it wasn't Hop "moving the game" like I first mentioned but the article clearly has errors.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Harvard now 6-0 but still surprised they beat Michigan. Good win. Rutgers season going as expected, their top layer slimmer this year
lorin

Post by lorin »

stupefied wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:10 pm Harvard now 6-0 but still surprised they beat Michigan. Good win. Rutgers season going as expected, their top layer slimmer this year
Rutgers in trouble they don’t recruit and transfer party is over
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:39 pm
1766 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:40 pm If Maryland can knockoff ND tomorrow it will be a big for the conference game RPI's. Every Acc team lost the last game they've played. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.
The ACC is having a rough early go, reminds me of 2022 abit. They are currently 2-7 against the B1G, Ivy, Army, and Georgetown (UVa has the only wins, against UM and OSU). All of their teams have significant flaws.
Since this comment, ACC has gone 9-0, every B1G school but PSU has suffered a loss. Might have been an early call to start digging the grave. Time is a flat circle.

Post by 1766 »

lorin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:20 pm
stupefied wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:10 pm Harvard now 6-0 but still surprised they beat Michigan. Good win. Rutgers season going as expected, their top layer slimmer this year
Rutgers in trouble they don’t recruit and transfer party is over
This is fake news. More 4* HS recruited athletes on the roster today than at any point.
coda

Post by coda »

Shoot 55 times and get 20 shots on cage (Goalie saved 9) and you are going to have issues.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”