Israel and Zionism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by jhu72 »

US Vets burn their uniforms over Palestine mess. More and more as days pass into weeks and months Israel is losing support of everyday Americans, including Jews. The deaths of 100+ Palestinians trying to acquire food, many if not most due to Israeli bullets will put more pressure on Biden. If he wants to win the presidency again he needs to make it clear and publicly that Israel is on their own if they continue the way they are going. The US will not sanction genocide or using food as a weapon against civilians.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"Clear violations of international human rights and humanitarian laws, including war crimes and possibly other crimes under international law, have been committed by all parties," according to U.N. human rights chief Volker Turk appearing before the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:47 am "Clear violations of international human rights and humanitarian laws, including war crimes and possibly other crimes under international law, have been committed by all parties," according to U.N. human rights chief Volker Turk appearing before the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva.
So the UN is doing what they do best. They whine and b***h about what is happening but they are impotent to do anything about it outside of whining and b****ing. Maybe they need to polish up those pretty blue helmets and send some UN peace keepers into the mix? Is there a more useless organization than the UN?? They are nothing more than a pressure relief valve that needs to blow off some steam occasionally. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:37 pm US Vets burn their uniforms over Palestine mess. More and more as days pass into weeks and months Israel is losing support of everyday Americans, including Jews. The deaths of 100+ Palestinians trying to acquire food, many if not most due to Israeli bullets will put more pressure on Biden. If he wants to win the presidency again he needs to make it clear and publicly that Israel is on their own if they continue the way they are going. The US will not sanction genocide or using food as a weapon against civilians.
Can't picture Biden...or Trump, for that matter....doing that.

And let's not forget that we bankrolled the Palestinians for decades, too. So we're responsible for the slaughter on both sides.

My opinion is that if the US turns it's back on Israel, or calls them out? They'll feel even more isolated, and will act even more irrationally.

My opinion.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:37 pm US Vets burn their uniforms over Palestine mess. More and more as days pass into weeks and months Israel is losing support of everyday Americans, including Jews. The deaths of 100+ Palestinians trying to acquire food, many if not most due to Israeli bullets will put more pressure on Biden. If he wants to win the presidency again he needs to make it clear and publicly that Israel is on their own if they continue the way they are going. The US will not sanction genocide or using food as a weapon against civilians.

And let's not forget that we bankrolled the Palestinians for decades, too. So we're responsible for the slaughter on both sides.

My opinion is that if the US turns it's back on Israel, or calls them out? They'll feel even more isolated, and will act even more irrationally.

My opinion.
... I can see all of that as the most likely turn out. This is the only issue that concerns me for the November election. Biden has this albatross named Netanyahu hanging around his neck, he must cut it off. I have to believe he will. He will likely do it in a fashion far less publicly than I would like and as would be good for him and everyone else concerned. He is behaving like he is running for Israeli prime minister (which given poll numbers - he could win). The American people are realigning much more quickly on this issue than I ever imagined was possible, it is not just young people, not just liberals.

I doubt the Euros will care if we call Bibi out, they will likely support the move. I think they see him, the same way they see Trump. Don't know the effect on Ukraine. Calling Bibi out might effect the ability to get the Ukrainian aid package passed, which I think as we stand is more likely than not, tied to the Isarel package. We need the Israeli's to stage a coup against Bibi, sooner better than later.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Ruling Likud party changes the conditions of award of the Israel Prize for 2024.

The Israel Prize is an annual event in Israel, AWARDED ANNUALLY since 1953 in a festive ceremony that seals Independence Day, the Israel Prize was instituted to celebrate Israeli excellence in specific categories: social sciences, liberal arts and Jewish studies; life sciences and exact sciences; arts and sports; and general life achievement. The laureates’ list reads like a who’s who of the geniuses, literati, and self-made achievers that Israel has produced. From physicists, chemists, biologists, mathematicians, philosophers, and historians, to novelists, poets, rabbis, industrialists, architects, sculptors, singers, and athletes, they represent all the scholarship, creation, originality, and enterprise for which Israel wants to be known.

This year's prize is to be awarded for only "patriotism and solidarity". The ruling party is trying to prevent controversy and protest as the prize winners, with some frequency do protest the government.

I love the category title, how Orwellian, Putinesk, Hitlerian, Trumpian :lol: :roll: This action will clearly cutdown on protest. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:02 pm

My opinion.
... I can see all of that as the most likely turn out. This is the only issue that concerns me for the November election. Biden has this albatross named Netanyahu hanging around his neck, he must cut it off. I have to believe he will. He will likely do it in a fashion far less publicly than I would like and as would be good for him and everyone else concerned. He is behaving like he is running for Israeli prime minister (which given poll numbers - he could win). The American people are realigning much more quickly on this issue than I ever imagined was possible, it is not just young people, not just liberals.

I doubt the Euros will care if we call Bibi out, they will likely support the move. I think they see him, the same way they see Trump. Don't know the effect on Ukraine. Calling Bibi out might effect the ability to get the Ukrainian aid package passed, which I think as we stand is more likely than not, tied to the Isarel package. We need the Israeli's to stage a coup against Bibi, sooner better than later.
Well, we've been waiting him to get rid of the corrupt sh(thead that is Netanyahu for years now. He's made things SO much worse, imho.

And Hamas needs to give back the freaking hostages. They know full well that they have Israel between a rock and a hard place with those hostages.....Israel can't really do much about them, as sad as that is. And scorched Earth isn't working, either.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

This could be wild.

"U.S. President Joe Biden announced on Friday plans to carry out a first military airdrop of food and supplies into Gaza, a day after the deaths of Palestinians queuing for aid threw a spotlight on an unfolding humanitarian catastrophe in the crowded coastal enclave."

Will Israel shoot down any transports, a la the USS Liberty?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:27 pm This could be wild.

"U.S. President Joe Biden announced on Friday plans to carry out a first military airdrop of food and supplies into Gaza, a day after the deaths of Palestinians queuing for aid threw a spotlight on an unfolding humanitarian catastrophe in the crowded coastal enclave."

... had the same thought.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:30 pm

My opinion.

Well, we've been waiting him to get rid of the corrupt sh(thead that is Netanyahu for years now. He's made things SO much worse, imho.

And Hamas needs to give back the freaking hostages. They know full well that they have Israel between a rock and a hard place with those hostages.....Israel can't really do much about them, as sad as that is. And scorched Earth isn't working, either.
... Hostages are now of limited value to Hamas. The Israeli government (Bibi and Likud) don't really care about the hostages. They have made it clear IMO. Saw report that 5 died in attacks yesterday / Wednesday? - Hamas made the announcement. Don't know whether to believe or not.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:23 pm

I'm guessing Hamas is a greater threat to those planes than Israel. I'm wondering how these drops will be coordinated? Who will be responsible for these supplies once they hit the ground? If it devolves into a mad scramble of tens of thousands of people rushing to get food and water and medical supplies that would get ugly. They better have ground control involved. The optics would suck if you drop a pallet on a group of people rushing to recover them. A DZ would have to be clear before this could happen.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 am

I'm guessing Hamas is a greater threat to those planes than Israel. I'm wondering how these drops will be coordinated? Who will be responsible for these supplies once they hit the ground? If it devolves into a mad scramble of tens of thousands of people rushing to get food and water and medical supplies that would get ugly. They better have ground control involved. The optics would suck if you drop a pallet on a group of people rushing to recover them. A DZ would have to be clear before this could happen.
So, acknowledge people are in extremis and then complain about how they vie for survival? Weird, but okay.

As for securing the area, wouldn't that be incumbent upon the dominant ground force (Israelis)? Or maybe you'd like to volunteer?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Gotta hand it to the Hoooties. They are launching radio shack quality drones and missiles at shipping and forcing the US Navy to expend very expensive missiles to knock them out. Muhammad Ali referred to that strategy as "rope a dope" what better dope is there to rope than Joe Biden?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:50 am

So, acknowledge people are in extremis and then complain about how they vie for survival? Weird, but okay.

As for securing the area, wouldn't that be incumbent upon the dominant ground force (Israelis)? Or maybe you'd like to volunteer?
I'm willing to nominate you for the job. One thing you learn from being in the US military...never ever never volunteer. I don't know where the DZ will be. I do know when you start dumping pallets on parachutes you better know where they are suppose to land. I'm certain that this airdrop of humanitarian aid will land exactly where it supposed to and the distribution of that humanitarian aid will proceed in an :roll: organized manner.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Benny Gantz (Israeli war cabinet member) is visiting Biden in DC, against Bibi's wishes. Lots of big-name Israeli politicians talking about it is time for a new government! :D

Biden going to Israel to address the Israeli people / Knesset??
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:30 pm

My opinion.

What is a cease-fire suppose to accomplish? It gives the Hamas bad actors exactly what they want. They get an opportunity to catch their breath reorganize, regroup and get ready to keep on fighting. Until Hamas is defeated and sent into exile there will be no peace. On a side note I wonder what future new PM of Israel is anxious to find him/her in charge of this never ending conflagration? How does one go about negotiating a real peace in the midst of such chaos? That is a Nobel peace prize type of challenge indeed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bidden will not see Gantz while he is visiting. Kamala will interface with Gantz while he is visiting. This is a good way to handle the visit, sends the right message. Pretty clever idea for the oldest, dumbest guy in the room. :roll:

Bibi is pis$ed. Complains Bidden needs to stay out of Israeli politics. Bibi is such a hypocrite.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 pm Bidden will not see Gantz while he is visiting. Kamala will interface with Gantz while he is visiting. This is a good way to handle the visit, sends the right message. Pretty clever idea for the oldest, dumbest guy in the room. :roll:

Bibi is pis$ed. Complains Bidden needs to stay out of Israeli politics. Bibi is such a hypocrite.
You seriously just used the term interface for Gantz meeting with Harris?? :roll: :roll: :roll: I bet that will be quite an interesting interfacing. For mature audiences only.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:57 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 pm Bidden will not see Gantz while he is visiting. Kamala will interface with Gantz while he is visiting. This is a good way to handle the visit, sends the right message. Pretty clever idea for the oldest, dumbest guy in the room. :roll:

You seriously just used the term interface for Gantz meeting with Harris?? :roll: :roll: :roll: I bet that will be quite an interesting interfacing. For mature audiences only.
... what, you had to look it up in a dictionary? :lol: :lol:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Someone didn't have an office job in 1997...

Return to “POLITICS”