Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:53 am So sorry man, Bud isn't the problem here.
:lol: ...yeah, beer drinkers are the problem. None of the other examples you cited were as over the top as Dylan.

Keep blaming the consumer & calling them stupid. You're as savvy as the former InBev ad exec who hired Dylan.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:01 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:53 am So sorry man, Bud isn't the problem here.
:lol: ...yeah, beer drinkers are the problem. None of the other examples you cited were as over the top as Dylan.

Keep blaming the consumer & calling them stupid. You're as savvy as the former InBev ad exec who hired Dylan.
How are we defining "stupid?"
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:10 pm

I was being polite => a bunch of insecure white men with little weeners?
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Right. The commercials and sponsored LGBTQ events from before....that you have hilariously never seen.....weren't as "over the top".

Keep thinking the way you are told to think, OS. Just like they want. Stay docile. Stay angry, and whatever you do, don't focus on the fact that the rich are getting richer, and poor are getting poorer. The 1%ers LOVE you, and your compliance.

Stunning how fast America's Conservatives have completely lost their way, so freaking fast, and all because they don't understand how the internet and internet-media works. It's depressing.
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:01 pm Keep blaming the consumer & calling them stupid.
Don't want to be called stupid? Don't do stupid things. Things like getting grown men with families worked up about the sexual orientation of someone in a freaking commercial. This is the very definition of stupid.

When a straight person is an influencer for a company, these people don't care, and no claims of "shoving heterosexuals down our throat".

Yet when a gay person does the same exact thing? They lose their minds. Why? Because of clickbait, and people who get paid because guys like you keep clicking. Grow up, and realize you're getting fleeced, and are being told what to think.
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:01 pm You're as savvy as the former InBev ad exec who hired Dylan.
:lol: Right.

"Just ask Congress to take taxpayer's money, and give it to me" is your idea of how you're supposed to run a business. Bud should just lobby to let folks use food stamps to buy their beer, that way they don't have to REALLY compete.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:12 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:10 pm

I was being polite => a bunch of insecure white men with little weeners?
Well, by all means, explain to the class why adults in 2024 would POSSIBLY care about who someone sleeps with?

I'll take notes. Explain how this makes sense.

I have NEVER cared that you married a woman. Are you telling me that I should be offended by your choice? Am I "doing it wrong"?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:20 pm :lol: Right. The commercials and sponsored LGBTQ events from before....that you have hilariously never seen.....weren't as "over the top".
I don't recall any of the earlier commercials you reference but then I rarely see commercials in real time. Almost all my viewing is dvr recorded w/ >>> through the commercials. I noticed the Dylan commercials only after they became controversial. The first I learned of it was on my E-trade portfolio page in news items explaining the decline in value of my BUD stock. ...& I took advantage of the buy opportunity. :mrgreen:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:35 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:20 pm :lol: Right. The commercials and sponsored LGBTQ events from before....that you have hilariously never seen.....weren't as "over the top".
I don't recall any of the earlier commercials you reference but then I rarely see commercials in real time.
Neither do I. I STILL haven't seen Dylan's commericial. Vaguely remember the gay marriage campaign Bud ran, thought nothing of it, and neither did Conservative America when it ran.

Know for a fact that Coors, Miller, Bud, and every major liquor conglomerate sponsor LGBTQ events...and have for decades.

Know why? Michael Jordan explained this to America way back in the 80's: "Republicans buy shoes, too". We already played this game, and learned our lesson with this stuff DECADES ago. What changed?

To clarify: the REASON you didn't see the other commercials is that when Bud ran the ads on TV? There wasn't a clickbait "click here and get angry over something that you would NEVER notice in any other context".

The Clickbait Culture is why Bud's stock fell........ folks not understanding how the internet works, and that they make money when you're mad.

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:35 pm Almost all my viewing is dvr recorded w/ >>> through the commercials. I noticed the Dylan commercials only after they became controversial. The first I learned of it was on my E-trade portfolio page in news items explaining the decline in value of my BUD stock. ...& I took advantage of the buy opportunity. :mrgreen:
Glad you made money on it, and have no issue with you doing so. In fact, you're earning money off the stupidity of this whole thing. Who the F cares who sleeps with whom, and why would you spend even a millisecond on this made up issue?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:52 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:54 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:28 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:44 pm Biden is trying to fix Trump’s broken immigration system

New Data Show Migrants Were More Likely to Be Released by Trump Than Biden

According to new data published last month, the Biden Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has removed a higher percentage of arrested border crossers in its first two years than the Trump DHS did over its last two years. Moreover, migrants were more likely to be released after a border arrest under President Trump than under President Biden.

Funny, when you actually dig deeper into the issue and what's driving things? It's not so black and white as OS and Fox and others try to make it. BDS.
How to lie with statistics. Use %'s rather than actual numbers. The gross numbers were higher under Biden. That's what matters.
Report is from a right wing group founded by one of the Kochs... so they're lying? That's the second link - Cato's own article. There are tons of actual numbers in the report where he's doing better if you actually look. % in addition to actual numbers too.
That changes nothing. Look at the total numbers, all categories, Biden vs Trump.
I did, and Cato did. Lots of total numbers in Biden's favor. Looks like Biden (& Obama) were more about actions and solutions than Trump, who was all about image and posturing. And so many people conveniently ignore the pandemic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:19 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:44 pm Biden is trying to fix Trump’s broken immigration system

According to new data published last month, the Biden Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has removed a higher percentage of arrested border crossers in its first two years than the Trump DHS did over its last two years. Moreover, migrants were more likely to be released after a border arrest under President Trump than under President Biden.

Funny, when you actually dig deeper into the issue and what's driving things? It's not so black and white as OS and Fox and others try to make it. BDS.
How to lie with statistics. Use %'s rather than actual numbers. The gross numbers were higher under Biden. That's what matters.
Report is from a right wing group founded by one of the Kochs... so they're lying? That's the second link - Cato's own article. There are tons of actual numbers in the report where he's doing better if you actually look. % in addition to actual numbers too.
That changes nothing. Look at the total numbers, all categories, Biden vs Trump.
I did, and Cato did. Lots of total numbers in Biden's favor. Looks like Biden (& Obama) were more about actions and solutions than Trump, who was all about image and posturing. And so many people conveniently ignore the pandemic.
Biden was about attracting more due to his open border policies, then releasing 3 times more to roam freely within the US.
President Trump President Biden
Time Period of Arrests FY 2019–2020 (24 months) 1/20/21–3/31/2023 (26.3 Months)
Outcomes as of: December 31, 2021 March 31, 2023
Total encounters 1,365,529 5,022,027
Expulsions/repatriations 647,437 2,557,603
No confirmed departure 718,092 2,464,424
•Still detained •5,162 (as of Jan-2021) •24,279
•Released •712,930 (by Jan-2021) 2,440,145
Look at the results.
More total encounters under Biden due to his change in policies, increasing the pull factors. That's a negative result.
More expulsions/repatriations under Biden to be expected due to three fold increase in total encounters (another negative result).

Look at the numbers roaming free & unmonitored :
No confirmed departures = 2.46 million under Biden/ 0.72 million under Trump
Released = 2.44 million under Biden / 0.71 million under Trump

Biden was about attracting more migrants & releasing more into the US.
That's what his actions & solutions accomplished.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 pm

Biden was about attracting more due to his open border policies, then releasing 3 times more to roam freely within the US.
Look at the results.
More total encounters under Biden due to his change in policies, increasing the pull factors. That's a negative result.
More expulsions/repatriations under Biden to be expected due to three fold increase in total encounters (another negative result).

So now you're lying with statistics? Fun stuff man. Keep it up.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Look at the results.

Each year you sound more and more like and old ass consumer of right wing media.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:51 pm

Look at the results.

Each year you sound more and more like and old ass consumer of right wing media.
Yeah, he needs him a good dose of Lester Holt to square his ass away. :roll: Americans should be more particular about what news network is brainwashing them. I choose Lester because he looks like a stud wearing his ballistic helmet with the chin strap tightly cinched up. :D I bet if Chris Matthews was watching he had the tingle down his pant leg again. NBC is portraying Jester as the heir apparent to Walter Cronkite. The Jester is the network anointed" anchor for America" His tag line will be and that's the way we think it should be...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Look at the results.

What does Zanny at the Economist tell you about our open borders "immigration" system ?
That it's good for our economy. How do they do it back home in the UK ?
https://www.economist.com/united-states ... e-election
https://www.unhcr.org/us/news/press-rel ... ffice-warn
https://www.foxnews.com/world/uk-govern ... eport-says
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:24 am What does Zanny at the Economist tell you about our open borders "immigration" system ?
Ask Nigel Farage who tanked the UK economy over Brexit - they still haven't recovered.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:54 am
old salt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:24 am What does Zanny at the Economist tell you about our open borders "immigration" system ?
Ask Nigel Farage who tanked the UK economy over Brexit - they still haven't recovered.
The US economy should aspire to be the UK.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:24 am

Look at the results.

What does Zanny at the Economist tell you about our open borders "immigration" system ?
Yep. The border’s a big problem. Senate and Prez work to get a reasonable start at a bi-partisan solution and have the Senate R votes to get it through. The House, only needing a simple majority to pass, start getting whispers it could happen.

But then something happened that I can’t recall. Can anyone help me?
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:48 am

Look at the results.

Yep. The border’s a big problem. Senate and Prez work to get a reasonable start at a bi-partisan solution and have the Senate R votes to get it through. The House, only needing a simple majority to pass, start getting whispers it could happen.

Anyone ask Trump why we he didn’t reform immigration during the first two years of his term?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:38 am

Look at the results.

Anyone ask Trump why we he didn’t reform immigration during the first two years of his term?
'Cause Putin likes it the way it is?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Look at the results.

Cause nobody liked the idea of a border wall. It wasn't like the other party was going to give trump the opportunity to take a victory lap. This chit has dragged on for more than 40 years. BOTH sides didn't give a chit about fixing it. So why didn't Biden fix it on day one of his presidency ?What he did was make the problem a 1000 times worse. Now that it has become a hot button issue of Bidens incompetence in an election year suddenly Joe decides to address a thorny problem he ignored and made worse. Funny how you folks are cheering Biden on for a half ass attempt at a border solution. Election year desperation makes for policy born out of desperation.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:15 pm

Look at the results.

Cause nobody liked the idea of a border wall. It wasn't like the other party was going to give trump the opportunity to take a victory lap. This chit has dragged on for more than 40 years. BOTH sides didn't give a chit about fixing it. So why didn't Biden fix it on day one of his presidency ?What he did was make the problem a 1000 times worse. Now that it has become a hot button issue of Bidens incompetence in an election year suddenly Joe decides to address a thorny problem he ignored and made worse. Funny how you folks are cheering Biden on for a half ass attempt at a border solution. Election year desperation makes for policy born out of desperation.
In January 2017, President Trump signed Executive Order 13767, which formally directed the U.S. government to begin wall construction along the U.S.–Mexico border using existing federal funding.[5] After a political struggle for funding, including an appropriations lapse resulting in a government shutdown for 35 days, and the declaration of a national emergency, construction started in 2018.

The U.S. built new barriers along 455 miles (732 km),[6][7][8] 49 miles (79 km) of which previously had no barrier.[7][8] Much of the remainder consists of 30-foot-tall (9.1 m) steel bollard wall where previously there had been fencing or vehicle barriers.[6] Additionally, a private organization called We Build the Wall constructed under five miles (8 km) of new wall[9] on private property near El Paso, Texas. By August 2020, the portions constructed by the organization were already in serious danger of collapsing due to erosion, and the acting U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York unsealed an indictment charging four people, including former Trump chief strategist Steve Bannon,[9][10][11][12] with a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of donors by illegally taking funds intended to finance construction for personal use.[13] An unpublished memo from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection leaked in March 2022 revealed that the "impenetrable" border wall had been breached more than 3,200 times from October 2018 to September 2021. Nonetheless, CBP officials say the bollard fencing remains a valuable border security tool when combined with surveillance technology and sufficient personnel.[14]

Return to “POLITICS”