NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad1434

Re: NESCAC

Post by laxdad1434 »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:37 pm
Chipzhoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:09 pm
This is the NESCAC forum, so one can assume that the poster is referring to the game of the year in conference, and it was also prefaced with "potential", so there's that.
No way that was what was inferred.
Just look at CNU Tufts looming.
I’d like to see even just a NESCAC GOTY not involving
Tufts.
[/quote]

Poster only highlighted NESCAC games, on a NESCAC board...you didn't infer he was talking about NESCAC? Keep trolling tho.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, some posters on the forum simply like to disagree with anything posted, as opposed to engaging in a rational dialogue, and then they will just complain that us soft NESCAC folks can't handle anything that opposes our narrative. Amazing that somebody cannot post an honest opinion without being immediately chastised. Trolls will be trolls.
[/quote]

This thread is the softest of the soft. Bunch of FN broads.
bonesnjnts

Post by bonesnjnts »

wavylax2655 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:00 am WEEK 1 LINES

Here is what I'm thinking for week 1 lines, let's get it going!

Babson v. Williams: -0.5 Babson
- feel like this will be a tight game throughout. Expect Rainville to exert his fifth-year experience later in the game. Really curious to see who steps up in the pipes for the Ephs, but I really like the duo of Caputo and McKnight at attack. Could be a pick 'em but I think Babson wins by a goal or two
Trinity v. Bowdoin: -7.5 Bowdoin
- with the new knowledge that Yaccino isn't the goalie for Trinity, combined with how dominant Bowdoin looks this year, I think the Bears will pull away early and hold a nice lead the whole game. Between Byrne, Barnard, Goorno, and Hobbs, this Bowdoin team is loaded, and the only way Trinity could hang in there is a hot goalie and good zone play. Also excited to see how Mullane does in his first NESCAC game as an OC
Wes v. Colby: -5.5 Wes
- although the Bernhardt era has begun, I think Wes will be too much for the Mules. Dixon and Giancola should have four pts or more and I think Wes zone causes Colby fits on offense. One massive bright spot for the Mules is their D-mids of Rayment and Brooks. I think this duo is top three in the Cac'
Bates v. Hamilton: -3.5 Hamilton
- I like what Bates has been doing in the early part of this year but as I mentioned in my previous post, NESCAC wins are much different than Emerson and Skidmore. Expect quality goalie play from Fried that should stifle the Bates offense. Although the Conts lost a ton to graduation, they return key pieces like Pearl, Wilde, and Healy, which should allow them to pull away in the fourth
Conn v. Tufts: -7.5 Tufts
- expect Tufts to restock and reload on the offense side of the ball. Haven't heard much from the Medford camp in preseason so expect them to come out with a bang. Even if Rice stands on his head, I don't think Conn has the offense to hang with the likes of Ayers and Waldbaum. Plus when Tufts is at Bello, they are practically impossible to beat, this game might get ugly
Amherst v. Midd: -3.5 Midd
- a potential game of the year and it's the opener for both of these teams. I think it will be a shootout early and then both defenses will lock down in the second half. I think Bennett will have north of five points and Kopp will go 65%+ at the dot. However, Midd caused Amherst fits in the clearing game last year and with the amount of talent they return on both sides of the ball, plus the fact they are at home, I think they pull away at the end. Thorndike and Curits should feast as they enter their junior year as proven commodities in the Cac, and with Jamin, DeMallie, and Conly all returning, I think they have too much firepower for the Mammos. Really excited to tune into this game
I'm completely biased but there seems to be an undercurrent of underdog mentality at Trinity. Kids are excited to hit someone other than fellow brothers. Would love to see hot goalie play but Bantams might be more physical than anyone expects. Wish the betting apps took D3 action. :)
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:57 pm
NNELax wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:22 pm RIT seems to be the team to beat rn in the North....excited to see how they matchup with the NESCAC frontrunners....
RIT gets its first real test this week when they travel to York. seems like York is still trying to figure out their offense, so RIT should be favored.
I think RIT by 5 goals. The only NESCAC matchup for them is Tufts at the Mustang Classic.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:37 pm
Chipzhoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:09 pm
This is the NESCAC forum, so one can assume that the poster is referring to the game of the year in conference, and it was also prefaced with "potential", so there's that.
No way that was what was inferred.
Just look at CNU Tufts looming.
I’d like to see even just a NESCAC GOTY not involving
Tufts.
Poster only highlighted NESCAC games, on a NESCAC board...you didn't infer he was talking about NESCAC? Keep trolling tho.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, some posters on the forum simply like to disagree with anything posted, as opposed to engaging in a rational dialogue, and then they will just complain that us soft NESCAC folks can't handle anything that opposes our narrative. Amazing that somebody cannot post an honest opinion without being immediately chastised. Trolls will be trolls.
[/quote]

This thread is the softest of the soft. Bunch of FN broads.
[/quote]

Yes, the real men are over in the CLC forum, perhaps you should stay over there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm ...This thread is the softest of the soft. Bunch of FN broads.
Post-ers, including laxdad, no personal attacks.
HereForIt

Post by HereForIt »

- feel like this will be a tight game throughout. Expect Rainville to exert his fifth-year experience later in the game. Really curious to see who steps up in the pipes for the Ephs, but I really like the duo of Caputo and McKnight at attack. Could be a pick 'em but I think Babson wins by a goal or two
- with the new knowledge that Yaccino isn't the goalie for Trinity, combined with how dominant Bowdoin looks this year, I think the Bears will pull away early and hold a nice lead the whole game. Between Byrne, Barnard, Goorno, and Hobbs, this Bowdoin team is loaded, and the only way Trinity could hang in there is a hot goalie and good zone play. Also excited to see how Mullane does in his first NESCAC game as an OC
- although the Bernhardt era has begun, I think Wes will be too much for the Mules. Dixon and Giancola should have four pts or more and I think Wes zone causes Colby fits on offense. One massive bright spot for the Mules is their D-mids of Rayment and Brooks. I think this duo is top three in the Cac'
- I like what Bates has been doing in the early part of this year but as I mentioned in my previous post, NESCAC wins are much different than Emerson and Skidmore. Expect quality goalie play from Fried that should stifle the Bates offense. Although the Conts lost a ton to graduation, they return key pieces like Pearl, Wilde, and Healy, which should allow them to pull away in the fourth
- expect Tufts to restock and reload on the offense side of the ball. Haven't heard much from the Medford camp in preseason so expect them to come out with a bang. Even if Rice stands on his head, I don't think Conn has the offense to hang with the likes of Ayers and Waldbaum. Plus when Tufts is at Bello, they are practically impossible to beat, this game might get ugly
- a potential game of the year and it's the opener for both of these teams. I think it will be a shootout early and then both defenses will lock down in the second half. I think Bennett will have north of five points and Kopp will go 65%+ at the dot. However, Midd caused Amherst fits in the clearing game last year and with the amount of talent they return on both sides of the ball, plus the fact they are at home, I think they pull away at the end. Thorndike and Curits should feast as they enter their junior year as proven commodities in the Cac, and with Jamin, DeMallie, and Conly all returning, I think they have too much firepower for the Mammos. Really excited to tune into this game
——————————

Williams +1.5 :: 2 units (bought a point, expect this will be a hell of a game)

Trinity +7.5 :: 3 units (this line is free)

Colby +5.5 :: 2 units (expect this Colby team to improve as the year goes on and shock a lot of people and cover a ton of spreads this year)

Hamilton -3.5 :: 1 unit (but would love to see Bates prove me wrong, big fan of what Annino is building, as I have mentioned before, don’t know much about Hamilton, but assume they’re a solid team as they’ve been for the past few years)

Conn +7.5 :: 1 unit (Will be great to see how good CCs back line/keeper truly is, and interested to see how Tufts has reloaded. Note: Not “if”, but “how”)

Midd -3.5 :: 2 units (the mountains are talking, and I can’t help but listen as all I’ve heard is that Midd has what it takes this year, although I am looking out for a big time year from the sophomore lefty attackman from Amherst)

Babe, wake up, NESCAC lacrosse is back. LFG!
HighBouncersGo

Post by HighBouncersGo »

Good analysis wavy. Seems like you know your stuff here.

Picks:
Williams +0.5 (0 units) This will probably be a really good game. Could see Williams throwing up a dud but also could see them winning by a few. This is the battle of determining if Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard is a better place to 'summer'.

Trinity +7.5 (3 units) Will Bowdoin win? yes. Will they dominate? yes. Is 7.5 too many points? yes. If wavylax is a bookie he's losing a lot on this game.

Colby +5.5 (1 unit) Think Bernhardt pulls some UMD tricks that may stump old head Raba. Wes wins here but backdoor cover in play.

Hamilton -3.5 (nuclear missile whale play) Will be betting against the 'cats all year. Lets remember that Emerson is not a good team. Probably will be cold af in Clinton and the conts will go hunting. If you are looking for value, hammer a parlay of Hamilton ML, Hamilton -3.5, and Under 25.5 (+550).

Conn +7.5 (1 unit) do i feel good about this? no. Am I a conn hater? one of the biggest. But the time to beat the spread against Tufts is early season and try to slip one against them. Prop bet: Over 2.5 forum posts defending conn after Tufts walks all over them (-110)

Midd -3.5 (3 units) Think Midd has too much experience with all their 5th years coming back. VT has been getting some powder this winter so hopefully the boys haven't sent it too hard on the snowbowl, but we will see in the week 1 injury report. Could sprinkle on prop: AMH 1st half ML (+130)
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

It is interesting to read the lines and scores, but just going to keep it simple...

Babson over Williams in a close one
Bowdoin over Trinity
Wesleyan over Colby
Hamilton over Bates in a close one
Tufts over Conn
Middlebury over Amherst in a close one

If anyone comes close to winning big (10+) I'd say it will be Bowdoin & Tufts
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

bonesnjnts wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:39 pm

I'm completely biased but there seems to be an undercurrent of underdog mentality at Trinity. Kids are excited to hit someone other than fellow brothers. Would love to see hot goalie play but Bantams might be more physical than anyone expects. Wish the betting apps took D3 action. :)
And I would love to take your action.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

SaltCounty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:54 am It is interesting to read the lines and scores, but just going to keep it simple...

Babson over Williams in a close one
Bowdoin over Trinity
Wesleyan over Colby
Hamilton over Bates in a close one
Tufts over Conn
Middlebury over Amherst in a close one

If anyone comes close to winning big (10+) I'd say it will be Bowdoin & Tufts
Conn and Trinity seem to be the two teams cited as potential sleepers who could surprise this year. They both face stout challenges Saturday. On one hand, you could argue that catching a giant sleeping/rusty in their first game is a better opportunity than facing them in Week 8. On the other hand, Tufts and Bowdoin are extremely well coached and experienced and could take advantage of their guests early and often.
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

Midd beat Amherst 17-11 last season (@ Amherst). Krummenacher scored 5 goals and had 3 assists for the Mammoths. Incredibly, Kopp went 23-31 at the dot. Luke Simpson did not play in that game.
hanskrttt

Post by hanskrttt »

I like this score. Midd certainly wins and that was a career game for Kopp. Some may even call it a fluke
SteelEngine88

Post by SteelEngine88 »

bonesnjnts wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Hearing similar things out of Hartford. Also heard Bowdoin might be short a few guys. Definitely shaping up for an interesting battle between two titans.
time&room

Post by time&room »

Midd -5.5 alt line parlayed with Jamin over 2.5 assists is my play of the week. Think it will be a close game where the Panthers depth and experience allows them to pull away with a big 4th quarter run. Home field advantage also a factor here as this is likely a day trip for the Mammoths. All signs point to a convincing Panthers win on Saturday
Family

Post by Family »

Interested to see how coaches fall ball influences level of play in NESCAC and against OOC teams. Hearing from athletes they feel in a better place than after captains fall ball. Hoping it elevates the whole league … Any NESCAC team - for the most part - is poised to win against any other NEACAC team … the conference runs deep.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Family wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:28 am Interested to see how coaches fall ball influences level of play in NESCAC and against OOC teams. Hearing from athletes they feel in a better place than after captains fall ball. Hoping it elevates the whole league … Any NESCAC team - for the most part - is poised to win against any other NEACAC team … the conference runs deep.
Certainly a lot easier for the coaches to hit the ground running in February. I imagine that it is also good for freshman trying to earn playing time, gives them an opportunity to play in front of the coaches in the fall instead of having a short window to prove themselves starting in February.
Chipzhoo

Post by Chipzhoo »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:39 am
Family wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:28 am Interested to see how coaches fall ball influences level of play in NESCAC and against OOC teams. Hearing from athletes they feel in a better place than after captains fall ball. Hoping it elevates the whole league … Any NESCAC team - for the most part - is poised to win against any other NEACAC team … the conference runs deep.
Certainly a lot easier for the coaches to hit the ground running in February. I imagine that it is also good for freshman trying to earn playing time, gives them an opportunity to play in front of the coaches in the fall instead of having a short window to prove themselves starting in February.
It will be interesting to see, particularly at schools where large percentages of the junior class actually spent the Fall semester abroad.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

I think most Jrs spend the year abroad.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

This forum is full of lunatics if we are seriously setting Tufts as a 7.5 pt favorite vs Conn. Below is a realistic game preview from someone who actually understands this conference and has a brain (not bias at all).

Prior to diving in, I think we should acknowledge the obvious fact that Dannolfo was camped out in the bushes of MIT last Sunday to watch the Conn/Amherst scrimmage. A game that Conn reportedly lost 11-1...? In anticipation to this, I can confirm that Nagle chose not to play any of his #1s knowing that sneaky Dannolfo was imbedded in the well-manicured hedges of the MIT campus. Now on to Saturday's preview....

Final from Bello: 14 - 12 Conn (cry). Yes, the mighty ole Jumbos fall in Week 1. Will Rice has a nice game (15 saves, par for the course), but it was the Camel defense that really shined. Jumbo's players were shut down by the Camel's back end, no one could beat big Zach Bucher off the left side and the rangy Henry Cabot was all over the field. While the Jumbos dominated the faceoff X, their run-and-gun style on offense proved to be disadvantage against a discipline Camel defense. Tufts did not choose their shots wisely and this ultimately cost them. On the other end of the field, the Tuft's defense over-extended themselves with bold doubles and the Camels made them pay with sharp passing and selfless playmaking. McAvoy and Atkins (2 goals, 4 assists each) were tremendous distributors which lead to goals from Horkan and Tenzer (3 goals, 1 assist each). Camels also got several goals in transition and junior middie McLaughlin man-handled the middle of the field. Resulting, Dannolfo soils his pants walking off Bello (out of embarrassment) and ruins his new Jordans. The Camels return to New London with a Week 1 W and all is right in this great world.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

humpdaddy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 pm This forum is full of lunatics if we are seriously setting Tufts as a 7.5 pt favorite vs Conn. Below is a realistic game preview from someone who actually understands this conference and has a brain (not bias at all).

Prior to diving in, I think we should acknowledge the obvious fact that Dannolfo was camped out in the bushes of MIT last Sunday to watch the Conn/Amherst scrimmage. A game that Conn reportedly lost 11-1...? In anticipation to this, I can confirm that Nagle chose not to play any of his #1s knowing that sneaky Dannolfo was imbedded in the well-manicured hedges of the MIT campus. Now on to Saturday's preview....

Final from Bello: 14 - 12 Conn (cry). Yes, the mighty ole Jumbos fall in Week 1. Will Rice has a nice game (15 saves, par for the course), but it was the Camel defense that really shined. Jumbo's players were shut down by the Camel's back end, no one could beat big Zach Bucher off the left side and the rangy Henry Cabot was all over the field. While the Jumbos dominated the faceoff X, their run-and-gun style on offense proved to be disadvantage against a discipline Camel defense. Tufts did not choose their shots wisely and this ultimately cost them. On the other end of the field, the Tuft's defense over-extended themselves with bold doubles and the Camels made them pay with sharp passing and selfless playmaking. McAvoy and Atkins (2 goals, 4 assists each) were tremendous distributors which lead to goals from Horkan and Tenzer (3 goals, 1 assist each). Camels also got several goals in transition and junior middie McLaughlin man-handled the middle of the field. Resulting, Dannolfo soils his pants walking off Bello (out of embarrassment) and ruins his new Jordans. The Camels return to New London with a Week 1 W and all is right in this great world.
:lol:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”