Chrome - Carolina
Atlas - Denver/Rocky Mountain
Whips - Maryland/Baltimore
Chaos - Upstate NY
Archers - Connecticut
Cannons - Boston
Waterdogs - Philly

Redwoods forthcoming.

Also- return of the 6s format championship series announced, and returning to DC.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DQKing

Re: PLL 2024

Post by DQKing »

Anyone else roll their eyes when they say "home" teams?
All this means is you get one weekend a year.
That is of course better than no weekends but hardly makes a "home" team.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DQKing wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:31 am Anyone else roll their eyes when they say "home" teams?
For sure, however-

Short term:
Since it is likely that most fans won’t get the team that they have already been cheering on, it’s a lot less impactful, as you describe it.

And

Long term:
As they slowly become more of a “home” team, this is the way to grow the fan base outside of your typical lacrosse fans who were going to “follow and like” regardless because more lacrosse=better.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DQKing wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:31 am Anyone else roll their eyes when they say "home" teams?
you're gonna love tiger and rory's new golf league. where a dozen or 2 guys come into an orlando or somewhere in fl warehouse and hit balls.
some decent $$ and wayward "home teams" are being thrown around. seeing the chance of a major flop, but we'll see.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Home teams dropped. Overall feedback seems positive on socials. Obv some are let down by no team nearby geographically (Ohio, TX) and some let down by where the team they came to follow wound up. (Many people love the Waterdogs, many people hate Philly sports in general). Chrome out, and rebranded as a revival of the Denver Outlaws.

Boston Cannons
New York Atlas
Philadelphia Waterdogs
Maryland Whipsnakes
Carolina Chaos
Denver Outlaws (formerly Chrome Lacrosse Club)
Utah Archers
California Redwoods

Some team color tweaks (Whips have a more Maryland flag pallet) and logo redesigns. Waterdogs went from some nondescript bulldog mix to a (slight goofy if you ask me) Great Dane/hound looking thing.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

See Rabill split teams equally into East and West conferences . Take is just a window dressing for 2024 with no real changes in format of scheduling but wondering if this conference setup is a precursor to potential expansion in 2025 that would attract additional fans while minimizing travel costs if many games played inter conference before playoffs but guess that would need more than five teams in each which is probably a stretch East is already rather bunch geographically while West has three relatively close teams /states with Carolina being the outlier. Texas isn't talked about as much as midwest locations but appears be a natural add to West Conference . Midwest? Just thinking out loud. Levi of play never better so hoping it catches on with more.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Marcus Holman Boston Cannons
On 2023 PLL season
Shooting
Culture
2024 Championship Series

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... ns-e2dhbjm
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Championship Series right around the corner. Anyone have interest?

I like it, in that so many of the players who coach cannot partake, leading to the opportunity for others to showcase their talents. With so few teams in the league, opportunities to break in are limited. At least this gives a glimpse.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:15 am Championship Series right around the corner. Anyone have interest?

I like it, in that so many of the players who coach cannot partake, leading to the opportunity for others to showcase their talents. With so few teams in the league, opportunities to break in are limited. At least this gives a glimpse.
Agreed, watching now.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:15 am Championship Series right around the corner. Anyone have interest?

Agreed, watching now.
What did you think? I liked the product they put together last evening. And though I have ESPN+, I was happy to see it on ESPN2. I think they really need the games on standard cable TV to grow. I seek out lacrosse. Somebody who doesn’t know what it is yet certainly won’t.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:19 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Agreed, watching now.
What did you think? I liked the product they put together last evening. And though I have ESPN+, I was happy to see it on ESPN2. I think they really need the games on standard cable TV to grow. I seek out lacrosse. Somebody who doesn’t know what it is yet certainly won’t.
I liked it. watching some more now (that and college hockey). I will probably watch all the series live of on demand.
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

I'm sure there will be lacrosse purist that will express the disdain for the Olympic discipline of the sport I feel its a version the general public can follow and enjoy. The version of tennis we watch today is derived from the sport of kings version referred to as real tennis or court tennis. I not saying the Olympic version will take over but it could happen.
lorin

Post by lorin »

laxpert wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:26 am I'm sure there will be lacrosse purist that will express the disdain for the Olympic discipline of the sport I feel its a version the general public can follow and enjoy. The version of tennis we watch today is derived from the sport of kings version referred to as real tennis or court tennis. I not saying the Olympic version will take over but it could happen.
Question who do you think in the 2024 PPL draft is a better offensive player then Chris Gray.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Good question .Gray trade was surprising especially with Atlas giving up 18th pick , thought that additional pick would have had the reverse direction.Would say Shellenberger offense is on par with edge in efficiency , Oneill is foremost a scorer , less efficient but certainly a superior physical force , huge 23' season along with o showing in World Game final . consider Kavanaughs overall game more impactful and it can widen. What must is none of those will be there at 5 Maybe Brandau who has posted comparable o stats . My take is Redwoods got the better of deal but time will tell , Pressler must see a better fit. ONeil would appear to me to be the most logical choice next to Teat and Law but 50/50 he goes first . Atlas took 2 defenders last year and still had the worst d but dont see any defender as good as Adler , Bowen or Grant in this draft so maybe Brandau or a mid at 5 . See trades as stimulating discussion and refreshing, Gray is still a youngster but sometimes roster stagnate with old stock.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Know they added Troutner but most logical pick at 5 would seem to be g Entenmann .
lorin

Post by lorin »

stupefied wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:02 pm Know they added Troutner but most logical pick at 5 would seem to be g Entenmann .
agree he is a stud, Pressler has no clue what he is doing he might take Maryland D kid.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Brandau may be expanding the Big Three to the Big Four
lorin

Post by lorin »

stupefied wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:26 pm Brandau may be expanding the Big Three to the Big Four
I like him fun to watch, just not sure he can get to the cage at the next level.
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

I took a first stab at a mock draft for this year and wow is it tough. The depth at the attack position is overwhelming, as is the lack of it on the defensive end. I think there are quite a few consensus top players that might fall a bit as teams try to snag players on the defensive end early. I've been debating doing a team by team preview in the coming weeks, but we'll see what my schedule looks like.

For the record, I'm not sold on O'Neill as the top pick, especially as the best fit for the Outlaws offense, but for the time being I'm sticking with it. There's enough offensive players to add complementary pieces later.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, good or bad. Let's discuss!

Round Pick Team Player Position

1 1 (1) Outlaws Brennan O'Neill Attack
1 2 (2) Atlas Connor ShellenbergerAttack
1 3 (3) Whipsnakes Ajax Zappitello Defense
1 4 (4) Chaos Pat Kavanagh Attack
1 5 (5) Atlas Liam Entenmann Goalie
1 6 (6) Cannons Shane Knobloch Midfield
1 7 (7) Waterdogs Jake Piseno LSM
1 8 (8) Archers Kenny Brower Defense

2 1 (9) Outlaws Matt Brandau Attack
2 2 (10) Atlas Mason Woodward Defense
2 3 (11) Outlaws Eric Dobson Midfield