NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: NESCAC

Post by choochooCharlie »

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:13 am What's the appeal of repeatedly visiting a place where you don't like the people or what they say and the feeling is mutual?
Really?
It’s a damn forum, people come here for discourse, and often disagree.

Someone asked about Bates needing Duke players. The conversation evolved to a general DI players and how they could impact DIII teams, then the conversation turned to DI players vs DIII players in size and skill, then for whatever reason, NJIT specifically. Then people began putting down the institution itself, acceptance rates, grad incomes, whole 9.

This was a conversation, turned disagreement, turned my school is better than your school, turned I’ll find out where you work to threaten you, turned I’m going to complain and try to get you removed.

Some people can’t handle a different point of view. Maybe THEY need to reevaluate why they visit a forum. So soft.
I’m over it.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:29 am
Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:13 am What's the appeal of repeatedly visiting a place where you don't like the people or what they say and the feeling is mutual?
Really?

Someone asked about Bates needing Duke players. The conversation evolved to a general DI players and how they could impact DIII teams, then the conversation turned to DI players vs DIII players in size and skill, then for whatever reason, NJIT specifically. Then people began putting down the institution itself, acceptance rates, grad incomes, whole 9.

This was a conversation, turned disagreement, turned my school is better than your school, turned I’ll find out where you work to threaten you, turned I’m going to complain and try to get you removed.

Some people can’t handle a different point of view. Maybe THEY need to reevaluate why they visit a forum. So soft.
I’m over it.
More truth...
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

That's all fine, but the arguments got beaten into the ground six weeks ago and nobody is going to change anybody else's mind. It was entertaining but 90% of the people here are trying to turn the page and get into the season at hand. I don't see how pictures from Twilight add any value to the "discourse" other than the dopamine hit you get out of trolling.

The doxxing was completely lame and out of hand but bring that up with the admin to try and find a solution. If you're over it then there's no need to keep coming back.
Last edited by Laxxal22 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:45 am
Really?

I’m over it.
More truth...
Terrific, you two are in agreement. It's funny how both of you get so triggered when anybody challenges your narratives, yet you have zero respect for anybody else's opinion and just claim that everybody else is simply getting triggered, classic projection. We get it, nobody else on this forum can handle a different point of view except for you and choochoo. The forum would certainly like to move on, so perhaps we can drop the random NJIT posts, and hopefully we can trust choochoo that he is "over it", because we all are as well.
smoova

Post by smoova »

ButtermilkBiscuits88 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:45 pm
Sportin' Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm Below are the sparse bios from the Trinity athletics site of several of the transfers. Most notably, McCarthy put up 24 points (23, 1) for Kenyon as a freshman.

Davis Burleson (listed as a '27 but believe he is a '25), ex. UMBC: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... eson/12280

Andrew Finn (listed as a '27 but believe he's a '26), ex. Bryant: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... finn/12281

Collin McCarthy '26, ex. Kenyon: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... rthy/12288

Logan Mueller '26, ex. Rutgers: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ller/12270

Cam Elenteny '27, was enrolled at Providence in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... teny/12286

Henry Schoettle '27, was enrolled at CC in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ttle/12285

Wow sportin life, great shout on this. Appreciate the detective work. Will be interesting to see if these kids get any burn and how they transtition to the nescac.
Also, curious to see if the transfer model becomes more common at NESCACs, where it seems to have been previously frowned on for athletes. Noticed that Amherst picked up a keeper from Vermont, so it is not just Trinity, Conn and Tufts dipping into the portal.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:54 pm Just watched Wesleyan great, Ronan Jacoby, lazer a shot past Deluca the waterdogs gk in the PLL campionship series. That was cool. Took a chunk out of Deluca by the way he reacted.
More on Jacoby from IL...

Although it ultimately fell short. The comeback attempt notably featured a pair of goals from newcomer Ronan Jacoby, the Rutgers/Wesleyan product who led the Archers with five points (3G, 1T) and 24 touches. Despite only having joined the team in December, Jacoby enters the series with a great deal of responsibility.

“I had a quick conversation with him early to let him know that he was here to be a force offensively,“ said head coach Chris Bates. “I thought you saw his confidence develop as the game wore on, and that’s what we want and what we need, The way our lineup is orchestrated, we have four guys that are primarily D guys. That’s a little bit unique so we’re going to rely on our offensive guys that much more.”

Jacoby also spoke a little about staying in shape and continuing to play men's league in the hopes at getting a look at the pros. I wonder if the Archers staff see him as part of the summer roster or if his style of play is just more suited for Sixes.

Jacoby speaking at the press conference: https://twitter.com/PLLArchers/status/1 ... 4427823532
Last edited by Laxxal22 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

smoova wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:43 am
Sportin' Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:22 pm Below are the sparse bios from the Trinity athletics site of several of the transfers. Most notably, McCarthy put up 24 points (23, 1) for Kenyon as a freshman.

Davis Burleson (listed as a '27 but believe he is a '25), ex. UMBC: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... eson/12280

Andrew Finn (listed as a '27 but believe he's a '26), ex. Bryant: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... finn/12281

Collin McCarthy '26, ex. Kenyon: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... rthy/12288

Logan Mueller '26, ex. Rutgers: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ller/12270

Cam Elenteny '27, was enrolled at Providence in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... teny/12286

Henry Schoettle '27, was enrolled at CC in fall '23: https://bantamsports.com/sports/mens-la ... ttle/12285

Wow sportin life, great shout on this. Appreciate the detective work. Will be interesting to see if these kids get any burn and how they transtition to the nescac.
Also, curious to see if the transfer model becomes more common at NESCACs, where it seems to have been previously frowned on for athletes. Noticed that Amherst picked up a keeper from Vermont, so it is not just Trinity, Conn and Tufts dipping into the portal.
The real hurdle is getting a transfer admitted, most of the NESCACs have relatively low transfer acceptance rates. As for dipping into the portal, I think that Conn's only real exposure was losing a player. My question is whether an athlete leaving D1 and going to D3, or D3 to D3 actually utilizes the portal, or do they simply start reaching out to the D3 coaches independently. Since D3 is mostly unregulated compared to D1, it seems like an official NCAA portal is not necessary. My guess is that a conversation takes place and the player simply applies for admission as a transfer. Obviously D3 to D1 makes more sense in that a player is now subjecting themselves to the D1 protocols, but not the other way around.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:57 am
Really?

I’m over it.
More truth...
Terrific, you two are in agreement. It's funny how both of you get so triggered when anybody challenges your narratives, yet you have zero respect for anybody else's opinion and just claim that everybody else is simply getting triggered, classic projection. We get it, nobody else on this forum can handle a different point of view except for you and choochoo. The forum would certainly like to move on, so perhaps we can drop the random NJIT posts, and hopefully we can trust choochoo that he is "over it", because we all are as well.
Don’t forget to complain to the administrators Skippy.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:52 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:57 am
Really?

I’m over it.
More truth...
Don’t forget to complain to the administrators Skippy.
Not how I operate. I have no problem defending myself or my opinions, and I certainly have no issue with admitting when I am wrong. Best of luck to you and the rest of the Kean faithful this season.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

humpdaddy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:27 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 am he's a freshman transfer that came to trinity in December..
If he was at Conn for fall ball, I assume that some of the Conn folks may have some insight
Yes, can confirm that he was at Conn in the fall. Insight is that he was not a fan of the social scene at Conn and was looking for more— which I’m sure Trinity can provide.

Forum should probably move on anyways, transfers very rarely have a notable impact in this conference (please, name one).

Conn scrimmaging St Anselm on Saturday, I’m sure Nagle will run everyone. Any insiders on here know of any other scrimmages going on this upcoming weekend?
Taggart Eymer from Tufts.
Transferred in as a Junior from Bryant & played 3 seasons.
He is listed as a 2x AA HM by USILA.
Think we can all agree he made a notable impact in the NESCAC
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

SaltCounty wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 am
bonesnjnts wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:14 am he's a freshman transfer that came to trinity in December..
If he was at Conn for fall ball, I assume that some of the Conn folks may have some insight
Yes, can confirm that he was at Conn in the fall. Insight is that he was not a fan of the social scene at Conn and was looking for more— which I’m sure Trinity can provide.

Forum should probably move on anyways, transfers very rarely have a notable impact in this conference (please, name one).

Conn scrimmaging St Anselm on Saturday, I’m sure Nagle will run everyone. Any insiders on here know of any other scrimmages going on this upcoming weekend?
Well, in all fairness he did say "rarely... but great example. I think that transfers having a notable impact in the NESCAC is hard to gauge due to the limited numbers. The D1 transfers to Trinity should be an interesting test case.
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

shorelax12 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:09 am
SaltCounty wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 am

Well, in all fairness he did say "rarely... but great example. I think that transfers having a notable impact in the NESCAC is hard to gauge due to the limited numbers. The D1 transfers to Trinity should be an interesting test case.
Trinity has had a number of players transfer in over the years.
Unlike the Tufts example - they transfer in extremely early (after 1 or 2 semesters) from their D1 School.
So... they basically are D3 players - whereas Eymer got decent time as a Sophomore for Bryant.

A DeSimone transferred to Trinity as a Junior from Villanova in 2015 & had 102 points in 2 seasons.
Was not All NESCAC - unsure if he was recognized elsewhere.
But I think many who followed back then would say he was a great player at Trinity (in what was a tough stretch for them)

Anyways - Yes, I would agree it is a rarity
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:48 pm

The real hurdle is getting a transfer admitted, most of the NESCACs have relatively low transfer acceptance rates. As for dipping into the portal, I think that Conn's only real exposure was losing a player. My question is whether an athlete leaving D1 and going to D3, or D3 to D3 actually utilizes the portal, or do they simply start reaching out to the D3 coaches independently. Since D3 is mostly unregulated compared to D1, it seems like an official NCAA portal is not necessary. My guess is that a conversation takes place and the player simply applies for admission as a transfer. Obviously D3 to D1 makes more sense in that a player is now subjecting themselves to the D1 protocols, but not the other way around.
The portal is both helpful to players making themselves available to other schools and necessary for notifying the ADept of the exiting school and initiating conversations with any new school.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Laxallday wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:54 am
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:48 pm

The portal is both helpful to players making themselves available to other schools and necessary for notifying the ADept of the exiting school and initiating conversations with any new school.
Understood, I guess my question is whether, in the case of a D1 to D3 transfer, or a D3 to D3 transfer, is there a requirement to enter into the portal. At the D1 to D1, or D3 to D1, there are a lot of compliance/administrative tasks that need to be addressed by the D1 school, but no so much when going to D3, although I guess with a D1 to D3 transfer, those same issues come up for the D1 school. Not disagreeing with what you have said, I am just curious as to the actual NCAA requirements.
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

For a D3 player to speak with another school's coach he needs to complete a self-release form. You can find it on the NCAA website. Then a coach has 30 days to talk with that player. With the self-release, unlike the transfer portal, the player doesn't have to let current school know he is looking elsewhere.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

Anyone have updates from today’s scrimmages?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

SaltCounty wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 am Taggart Eymer from Tufts.
Kyle Helfrich (FOGO) was another recent one; he went to Holy Cross for a year and then transferred to Tufts. Didn't necessarily make a huge impact, but was a solid faceoff guy for a few years.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

ah23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:29 pm
SaltCounty wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 am Taggart Eymer from Tufts.
Kyle Helfrich (FOGO) was another recent one; he went to Holy Cross for a year and then transferred to Tufts. Didn't necessarily make a huge impact, but was a solid faceoff guy for a few years.
Now on staff at Dartmouth I believe.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

jumpman23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:25 pm Anyone have updates from today’s scrimmages?
No updates but I heard Conn was scrimmaging Amherst next weekend. Probably a pretty good preview for two mid-tier 'cac teams to see where they are at! Weird that it's happening though. Don't coaches want to scrimmage out of conference teams?
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxwizard wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm
jumpman23 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:25 pm Anyone have updates from today’s scrimmages?
No updates but I heard Conn was scrimmaging Amherst next weekend. Probably a pretty good preview for two mid-tier 'cac teams to see where they are at! Weird that it's happening though. Don't coaches want to scrimmage out of conference teams?
Most OOC teams are into their seasons already. Williams scrimmages Midd next week.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”