Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Orange Duce

Post by njbill »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm Gerrymandering is WHY we have more and more nutjobbery in the House.
I believe the correct expression when it comes to a certain Colorado member of the House is "handjobbery."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:57 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm Gerrymandering is WHY we have more and more nutjobbery in the House.
I believe the correct expression when it comes to a certain Colorado member of the House is "handjobbery."
If you believe she stopped at a hand job, then I’ve got a more recently renovated glory hole just for you. It’s definitely a girl just trust me on that and ignore the scratchiness and warm smoky breath:

In NJ context, she’s not Morris or Bergen Co, she’s more like Belmar/Seaside Heights
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
njbill

Post by njbill »

We wouldn’t accept her in New Jersey and, trust me, we have really low standards here.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Saltine must be celebrating - Orange Fatso just indicated that he would not support NATO allies if they were invaded by Russia.
He's also talking about deploying Red State NatGuards to Blue States to round up illegal immigrants for mass deportation.

This after taking a shot at Haley's hubby asking where he disappeared to - turns out he's deployed with his NG unit to Djibouti.

Thermonuclear idiot. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:06 pm We wouldn’t accept her in New Jersey and, trust me, we have really low standards here.
Certainly not Colorado's proudest moment. And the folks on the Western slope of our State deserve far better than her.
njbill

Post by njbill »

We all have ‘em. We got Bob Menendez. :oops:
ggait

Post by ggait »

I was in the same section of that theater in denver last night for a show. Based on my Zapruder analysis of the footage, I might have been in the same row. But thankfully I know for sure I was not in the exact same seats (gross). Since Bobert was on the aisle.

Since they have such HD HQ night vision security cams in that theater, I did give the Mrs a stern warning to keep her hands to herself.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:17 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:08 pm Tell me out loud that you want DC to dictate how every State runs their elections, OS. Tell me that's what you want.

Article I section 4 does give states primary responsibility over time, place, manner of federal elections. There simply was no other way to practically conduct a national election. But the state power over federal elections is best understood as administrative. Not substantive.

The Thirteenth, Fourteenth, Fifteenth, Nineteenth, Twenty-fourth, and the Twenty-sixth Amendments are all examples of the federal government exercising their broad authority over the states when it comes to elections. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the finest example of this. Because without the Feds telling the states what to do, the states mess it up very badly.

In fact, the fundamental thrust of the Civil War Amendments was to expand federal power at the expense of the states. 700,000 Civil War dead teaches that you really don't want to let the states have too much leeway.

Take note that rightie ACB, leftie KBJ and center Kagan all agree on this. This should be a federal thing.
Oh, I'm on board with Federal control of elections----ESPECIALLY when it comes to drawing Congressional districts. Gerrymandering is WHY we have more and more nutjobbery in the House. Then there's the game playing with making voting hard for the poor & disabled/old, and easy for the rich. You and I both know that the Colorado System is as fair and easy as it gets. I'd LOVE to have that be the US standard.

My point is: Old Salt and his Party would lose their minds if this happened, and the Fed were in charge of elections. This is the LAST thing that they want.

Well, until now, of course. And ONLY in this specific Colorado case, of course. :roll:
Don't confuse afan with facts. His mind is made up.
His point is stupid one size fits all logic. He's already lost his mind.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:06 pm We wouldn’t accept her in New Jersey and, trust me, we have really low standards here.
Yeah I have a story from that northern shore area where a friend may have been in our room bathroom with a new lady friend whereas I and one other friend and a few new guests were in the main bedroom area. While in conversation with a nee guest who I hoped to be so lucky as to be able to hook up with while leaving the door open with your buddies and girls right there to hear the girl in the. Bathroom cry out “more fingers!”.

So that’s my current and forever Nee Jersey story.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ggait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:38 pm
I was in the same section of that theater in denver last night for a show. Based on my Zapruder analysis of the footage, I might have been in the same row. But thankfully I know for sure I was not in the exact same seats (gross). Since Bobert was on the aisle.

Since they have such HD HQ night vision security cams in that theater, I did give the Mrs a stern warning to keep her hands to herself.
There's a magic bullet joke in there somewhere.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:31 pm Saltine must be celebrating - Orange Fatso just indicated that he would not support NATO allies if they were invaded by Russia.
He's also talking about deploying Red State NatGuards to Blue States to round up illegal immigrants for mass deportation.

This after taking a shot at Haley's hubby asking where he disappeared to - turns out he's deployed with his NG unit to Djibouti.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:08 pm Tell me out loud that you want DC to dictate how every State runs their elections, OS. Tell me that's what you want.

Article I section 4 does give states primary responsibility over time, place, manner of federal elections. There simply was no other way to practically conduct a national election. But the state power over federal elections is best understood as administrative. Not substantive.

The Thirteenth, Fourteenth, Fifteenth, Nineteenth, Twenty-fourth, and the Twenty-sixth Amendments are all examples of the federal government exercising their broad authority over the states when it comes to elections. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the finest example of this. Because without the Feds telling the states what to do, the states mess it up very badly.

In fact, the fundamental thrust of the Civil War Amendments was to expand federal power at the expense of the states. 700,000 Civil War dead teaches that you really don't want to let the states have too much leeway.

Take note that rightie ACB, leftie KBJ and center Kagan all agree on this. This should be a federal thing.
Oh, I'm on board with Federal control of elections----ESPECIALLY when it comes to drawing Congressional districts. Gerrymandering is WHY we have more and more nutjobbery in the House. Then there's the game playing with making voting hard for the poor & disabled/old, and easy for the rich. You and I both know that the Colorado System is as fair and easy as it gets. I'd LOVE to have that be the US standard.

My point is: Old Salt and his Party would lose their minds if this happened, and the Fed were in charge of elections. This is the LAST thing that they want.

Well, until now, of course. And ONLY in this specific Colorado case, of course. :roll:
:lol: You didn't understand one word of what GGait just wrote. Or what I wrote.

Awesome. Keep it up.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:44 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm

:lol: You didn't understand one word of what GGait just wrote. Or what I wrote.

Awesome. Keep it up.
I understand everything ggait wrote. It's impossible to understand what you post.
In your all-or-nothing toddler logic, you seem to think that conservative (R)'s believe that States 'rights should take precedence on everything.
Think of how stupid that is. If that were the case, there'd be no USA. Every state would be an independent nation.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:31 pm Saltine must be celebrating - Orange Fatso just indicated that he would not support NATO allies if they were invaded by Russia.

“No, I would not protect you.
In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.
You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”

Echoing
You got to pay your bills

Says the guy who doesn’t pay his bills
DMac

Post by DMac »

Kismet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:31 pm Thermonuclear idiot. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Yet is the frontrunner for the GOP and the candidate millions upon millions will vote for and want as their President.
What does that say about the millions upon millions of your fellow citizens? They're certainly not who I thought they were/are. No surprise from the GOP, we know what they are. Bigly disappointed in so many of my fellow citizens.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:25 pm

These must be the policies you love so much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and you still aren't a comedian. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:01 am

These must be the policies you love so much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
His cute little refrain, "be afraid, be very afraid," is a sweet little piece of condescension, which only shows how very little Old Salt either understands or cares about the corrosion of institutions and institutional confidence wrought by his Orange Demi-God. And the sad thing is, it is pretty plain that he understands it and just doesn't care: a world in which irksome and parsimonious "Euroburghers" are trivialized, and Trump's excesses and stupidity and danger to the world and the country are excused is the world he lives in and wants for us all. Just a disgrace.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:01 am

His cute little refrain, "be afraid, be very afraid," is a sweet little piece of condescension, which only shows how very little Old Salt either understands or cares about the corrosion of institutions and institutional confidence wrought by his Orange Demi-God. And the sad thing is, it is pretty plain that he understands it and just doesn't care: a world in which irksome and parsimonious "Euroburghers" are trivialized, and Trump's excesses and stupidity and danger to the world and the country are excused is the world he lives in and wants for us all. Just a disgrace.
His mask of eruditity has fallen off completely.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not a Cruz fan but gotta give credit when credit is due.
Bullseye, spot on, nails it, kills it, dead nuts on the money,
100% accuracy. Yet millions upon millions will vote for this
despicable human being and see him as the kind of man
they want for their President. Those millions upon millions
disappoint me, always thought we were better than this.

Return to “POLITICS”