~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxbro11

Re: ~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

Post by laxbro11 »

the weather will be 47 and sunny, no issues there. maybe a little cold in the stands...

This game will come down to what team has developed their talent. I have harped on the past on Loyola's inability to. But this game will come down to possessions. How will Pacheco fair and how will the wings play? Those have been issues ever since Savio graduated

Still say it is a 50/50 game
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I am excited to see how they look Saturday but know they will look different in April. I have been concerned about the defense for a while. Dwan has not be great on getting real game minutes for guys that now get thrown into the fire against top competition. I think they struggle for a few weeks on that end of the field but hopefully figured things out but league play.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

rolldodge wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:58 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:54 pm
ny10458 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 pm Loyola fans, I am sorry about what's about to happen this coming Saturday.
Ayo chill?? Anything can happen. It should be a good, (hopefully competitive) game.
yeah man, don't make us sound like UVA fans. ;)
Don't worry Roll, we know you G'town fans are quality fans, not like those UVA rubes! It should be a good early season game and I could plausibly see a scenario with either team winning close or big. Lots of question marks heading into the season for both teams. I think I like G'town based upon the scrimmage results, but who knows. Have a great season!
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:16 am the weather will be 47 and sunny, no issues there. maybe a little cold in the stands...

This game will come down to what team has developed their talent. I have harped on the past on Loyola's inability to. But this game will come down to possessions. How will Pacheco fair and how will the wings play? Those have been issues ever since Savio graduated

Still say it is a 50/50 game
Good points. I have confidence in our wing play and SSDMs. Goalie needs to show us why he was selected preseason All Patriot League. #51 will inspire after being snubbed. And personally, I don't take any stock in preseason accolades, but maybe the players do.

Close D is young and untested, but if Houlihan is healthy and out there with Bean I feel better.

Offense - Hounds have talent. It's been there for several years. It would be great to see a healthy Kamish, Higgins and Minicus. Keeping my fingers crossed.

FOGO - that's the question...

Go HOUNDS!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... gue-/62486

Army and BU picked to finish 1-2 in the league. Hounds expected to finish in 3rd. This is a very very deep league this season with parity. We are 3 days away from the opener against Georgetown! Can’t wait
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Post by 1766 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:54 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... gue-/62486

Army and BU picked to finish 1-2 in the league. Hounds expected to finish in 3rd. This is a very very deep league this season with parity. We are 3 days away from the opener against Georgetown! Can’t wait
I would be very surprised if BU finished second in the conference based on what was seen in the Rutgers scrimmage.

Post by 1766 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:54 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... gue-/62486

I would be very surprised if BU finished second in the conference based on what was seen in the Rutgers scrimmage.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

1766 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 pm

You can't base anything off of scrimmages. Lynchburg beat Jax last yr in a scrimmage. SU beat Michigan last yr in there scrimmage and look how the season turned out for Michigan? Scrimmages are not games coaches rotate players plus players aren't as pumped up as they are week 1 real game.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Great win for the Hounds today. Defense bent but didn't break. They actually played well above their weight. Luke had some good saves. Offense was clicking.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:35 pm Great win for the Hounds today. Defense bent but didn't break. They actually played well above their weight. Luke had some good saves. Offense was clicking.
Great win against a solid Georgetown team! That’s a win that will age well I believe. Offense played faster as what coach Toomey indicated in their preseason interview. I like how they played with not only uptempo lacrosse, but it was SMARTER uptempo lacrosse. There were not too many instances of them trying to jam the ball in for a guy to miraculously catch and finish when the dodges didn’t go there way.

Nice stand for the young defense of bean, Houlihan and remi Reynolds. They’re going to have to keep playing well with Maryland coming up, plus hopkins, towson and Rutgers. What did concern me though was the rope unit play. The short sticks of Sullivan and mcgillicuddy got beat a couple times off of straight dodges

Faceoffs- decent day but we won’t be so lucky where the opponent wins the faceoff and then doesn’t get a goal. Scrap things up! Too many Georgetown wins today were clean
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Watched a full slate of lax today.
Georgetown is a solid team. Looked better than a lot of teams I saw. They will have a good year.
Good win for the hounds. They were clicking. But lotta lax to play this season.
Good luck to both teams moving forward.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

ny10458 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:46 pm Loyola fans, I am sorry about what's about to happen this coming Saturday.
This post did not age well.

Great day at Ridley today! I was pleasantly surprised by a very complete game from the Hounds. The offense was clicking extremely well, with lots of players partaking in the action. The defense looked more mature than I expected given the number of new faces, and we even reversed the faceoff disparity in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Very encouraged by this start!

Oh, and boy did the fans show up today! Ridley was rocking!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Just a quick question.
Did Gtown really call a stick check on a kid who hadn't been in the game?
If so, we are entering glove-color territory.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:28 pm Just a quick question.
They called it on Trent turner #0. He didn’t even get a second of PT in the game. Why even call a stick check on him?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Well, Warne is a Tillman disciple, I guess . . . still seems odd. Was it after the video review by any chance? (Wonder if Georgetown was salty about that?)
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:44 pm

Great day at Ridley today! I was pleasantly surprised by a very complete game from the Hounds. The offense was clicking extremely well, with lots of players partaking in the action. The defense looked more mature than I expected given the number of new faces, and we even reversed the faceoff disparity in the 4th quarter when it mattered. Very encouraged by this start!

Ridley is a great place to watch a game and the hounds are hard to beat there. Visiting goalies have a real hard time finding the ball against the back drop of that white dome in the one end especially on sunny days and Loyola takes full advantage of that.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Pork42 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:18 am
GreyingHound wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:44 pm

Ridley is a great place to watch a game and the hounds are hard to beat there. Visiting goalies have a real hard time finding the ball against the back drop of that white dome in the one end especially on sunny days and Loyola takes full advantage of that.
Loyola goalies deal with the same conditions for 50% of the game. The Hounds came to play and Gtown had no answers.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

What a day. Other than Face off the entire team played phenomenal. James with 9 points. Poitras and Minicus with 4 goals each. Heuston added two and Higgins and Salley were on the scoreboard. Surprised that none of the backup guys got in late. A conundrum at midfield with Heuston, Higgins and Kamish running 1st and Binney (who also scored), Lindsay, Murphy and Haberman alternating on second. Was hoping to see Dixon who I heard had a great January as well as guys like Cote, McGory and West get some action especially at 18-10 late. McCullouch also only got one shift which was odd.
Defensively the close D was excellent as well as the LSMs. SSDM could be an issue. Saw Sullivan and Callahan get beat on straight speed a couple of times although both were great in the clearing game.
Staudt was solid.

Can’t wait for Maryland Saturday. Go Hounds.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:16 pm
They called it on Trent turner #0. He didn’t even get a second of PT in the game. Why even call a stick check on him?
Stick check is anonymous. The refs just pick someone on each team. There was a timeout and everyone was on the field. Not done by Georgetown coach.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”