Penn State

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ground_bull

Re: Penn State

Post by ground_bull »

Hard to throw that one up to the first game/crazy February games just yet. Tough look coming out of the gate like it was a scrimmage.

Tambroni hot seat?

jk
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Already ?!

One game in ?

get real, they made the Final Four last year.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Stunning. Wasn't PSU a ten goal fav?
coda

Post by coda »

stupefied wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:36 pm Stunning. Wasn't PSU a ten goal fav?
Yes and the threw the ball to Colgate defender with 10 seconds that led to fast break score and the loss. Completely unforced
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hope this gets the coaches thinking,

not completely sure about Matt Traynor solely at attack,
how about mixing in a very experienced Sean Donnelly, there’s Will Peden - others they can mix in at offense.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:29 pm Hope this gets the coaches thinking,

not completely sure about Matt Traynor solely at attack,
how about mixing in a very experienced Sean Donnelly, there’s Will Peden - others they can mix in at offense.
Donnelly/. Maybe a little Liam Matthews as well, get him used to playing w Lehman next three years .
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Caught the replay of this after the Jays were finished ruining my weekend.

I question if PSU has the horses on offense outside of Malone. He's got so much on his shoulders and the guys around him just looked vanilla. I think they're going to miss Winkoff and Jack Traynor more than the pundits assumed.

Fracyon will have much better games, but the faceoff group will also have much worse games, so I'll call that a wash.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

coda wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:09 pm
stupefied wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:36 pm Stunning. Wasn't PSU a ten goal fav?
Yes and the threw the ball to Colgate defender with 10 seconds that led to fast break score and the loss. Completely unforced
I don’t know what that kid was looking at on the inbound pass. Colgate D made a nice play to pick it off, but the PSU player was not open. Tough way to end it for PSU.

Just rewatched the video. PSU defense did a really bad job of getting into the hole to stop the break. They had two poles both going to the Colgate long pole who then easily dished it to the open attackman.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So umm, when can we bounce Tambro? Guy is whack. Hasn’t done anything in years, nothing at all at PSU, obviously couldn’t carry Thiel Jockstrap.

Let me start the short list for great replacements:

Bill Dirrygl
John Haus
Matt Kerwick
Jamie Munro
John Svec
Tim Nelson

All are excellent stewards and far superior coaches.

My dark horse candidate? Cabell Maddux
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Kyle Lehman is playing just as he did at Wissahickon, he’s a confident player.

And yes, a wretched game from Penn State anyway, but that end of game inbound play may have been one of the very worst inbound/restart plays.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Not the sexy new name, Svec is highly underrated. Very good leader. With head coaching experience. 2x MAC conference coach of the year at Siena. Dude knows lax. Learned from a lot of greats. Could see him landing at PSU one day or replacing Brecht at RU.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:57 pm Kyle Lehman is playing just as he did at Wissahickon, he’s a confident player.

And yes, a wretched game from Penn State anyway, but that end of game inbound play may have been one of the very worst inbound/restart plays.
I'm still so pissed he didn't sign with Maryland. He'd be starting as a freshman and would fix a big issue they have at attack: a lefty who can dodge. He's a special player.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:52 pm Not the sexy new name, Svec is highly underrated. Very good leader. With head coaching experience. 2x MAC conference coach of the year at Siena. Dude knows lax. Learned from a lot of greats. Could see him landing at PSU one day or replacing Brecht at RU.
He can be toxic and not quite as you advertise. He actively subverted his boss at Hobart during a very fragile time. I would say not a good leader, rather someone who would trip the guy in front of them. He was put in that list because he doesn’t deserve any other HC gigs.
See Martin, Malcolm
cmbtp88

Post by cmbtp88 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:38 pm Caught the replay of this after the Jays were finished ruining my weekend.

I question if PSU has the horses on offense outside of Malone. He's got so much on his shoulders and the guys around him just looked vanilla. I think they're going to miss Winkoff and Jack Traynor more than the pundits assumed.

Fracyon will have much better games, but the faceoff group will also have much worse games, so I'll call that a wash.
I agree...I watched this game beginning to end...this was no fluke, Colgate was leading this game for 3 quarters including at the half. PSU tied it up late in the 4th quarter 12-12. Then there was a mess of sloppy play on both sides in the last minute that Colgate took advantage of the worst inbound pass i have ever seen with 15 secs left. Colgate played solid D, and were physical. Definetley not intimidated going into Happy Valley....Colgate outside of Faceoff in the first half played well, and they started winning the FOs at the end of the game....new coaching staff there outside of head coach and they played tough.....
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Numbers are glaring : 0-5 Emo , Clears 17-25 (5-10 in 4th qtr) , Fracyon 7 saves on 20 shots on goal. And here is the big one 25 turnovers. This team came out w the wrong attitude- clearly. Good team wrong mindset.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Reminded of the 2009 ship when the BR gave it away to Cuse at the end throwing to a pole in the middle of the field instead of trying to run it out with the POY or sending the ball deep into alley. Coaching?
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Slim, I'm a fan of Tambo, but was thinking the same thing! Also, BR started the ball with Siebald(who was gassed..why not take timeout, if SU doubles the ball after the TO, just cheap it...
ground_bull

Post by ground_bull »

Any update on TJ Malone?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Looked to me from the game replay, a head hit, so they kept him out, precautionary.
This early in the season he could sit against Stony Brook if needed.

Peden did well directing traffic in Malone’s place, Sean Donnelly was in street clothes for this game he could be a contributor, more of those top of the key bull dodges from Jordan,

Kyle Lehman with a couple highlight reel goals and some good riding, caused turnovers - I haven’t really seen freshmen mistakes from Lehman or lack of confidence.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Did Kyle Lehman play against Navy?

Matt Traynor, Will Peden, and TJ Malone played great against Navy.

Does Kyle Lehman start against Yale?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”