Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:43 am Probably just had a bad nights rest: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1753429 ... 67946?s=20
He's right.

The current state makes no sense.

I've long been a proponent of accepting ALL immigrants that want to be here, with the only stipulation of filling out the paperwork.

Now, with inflation, less middle-income jobs, and middle-income wage inequality, the "benefit" of unchecked and illegal immigration has reached its tipping point. It probably tipped a few years ago. Now the problem worsens by the day. The guy is right to be pi5sed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:57 am What I'm blaming President Biden for is that his policy towards the southern border has been beyond a total disaster. I have yet to hear any unbiased person say otherwise. What are the details in this new scheme to fix the immigration problem at the southern border? In reality the only thing both sides need to do is delay this issue until after November. Then immigration won't be an issue anymore. Well except for maybe in Texas.
And I keep pointing out: that's NOT the actual problem.

If they fixed the ACTUAL problem, we would no longer care about the border.

In my example to Old Salt? Denver took in Afghani and Ukrainian refugees in the last several years. It was NO problem.

Why? Because the US .gov pulled their sh(t together, and put a system in place to get them all work visa. Know how many cab rides from the Airport I've taken now where the drivers were Ukrainian and Afghani?

They're all paying taxes, take jobs that employers DESPERATELY need filled, and are becoming Americans.

We CAN do this. We CHOOSE not to.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:57 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:43 am Probably just had a bad nights rest: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1753429 ... 67946?s=20
He's right.
Here in Denver? They've been moved into MY community.
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:57 am The current state makes no sense.

I've long been a proponent of accepting ALL immigrants that want to be here, with the only stipulation of filling out the paperwork.
A UNBELIEVEABLY simple thing in the age of touch screens. Heck, it's a simple thing with freaking clipboards, but whatever.
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:57 am Now, with inflation, less middle-income jobs, and middle-income wage inequality, the "benefit" of unchecked and illegal immigration has reached its tipping point. It probably tipped a few years ago. Now the problem worsens by the day. The guy is right to be pi5sed.
It tipped DECADES ago. This is how Americans think: they think the number 1,000,000 is bigger than the 10,000,000 that have been here for YEARS, and no one paid any attention.

The man yelling and screaming? He's complaining because it hit his neighborhood instead of someone else's. Literal definition of NIMBY.

Ask the Californians and the Texans about this stuff. They've been telling us about this for DECADES, and no one cared. Which is why I keep saying that it's obviously not a "crisis", because we are STILL doing nothing about it. Trump ran on it, did NOTHING about it...and no one cared....ESPECIALLY his Republican voters and apologists. So....CLEARLY it's not a crisis. If it was? You all would have been screaming bloody murder as the clock winded down on Trump's Presidency. Instead, we get "oh, he's better than a Dem". And then you all act shocked that the problem still isn't fixed under a Dem.

Rinse. Repeat. Over and over and over.

Wake me up when Congress does something---ANYTHING---to fix the overall problem. What they are doing isn't sticking a finger in a leaky Dam. The Dam collapsed years ago, and they're standing there, holding on to a chunk of concrete from the failed Dam, wondering what they should do to keep the Dam from collapsing. :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The only thing the government understands and cares about is the collection of taxes.
They figured out the rollout of legalizing marijuana despite the huge trickle down legal effects and myriad of discrepancies between state and federal laws.
Both sides are think-tanking it right now. As soon as they figure out how to cash in, they will get it done.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:24 pm The only thing the government understands and cares about is the collection of taxes.
If that was true, they'd be handing out Work Visas at every border.

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:24 pm Both sides are think-tanking it right now. As soon as they figure out how to cash in, they will get it done.
We've seen this play from your former Party before, Kram.

They'll find an excuse to kill any bill, because they don't want to have Biden get credit for anything. That desire has overwhelmed their desire for good governance since Obama arrived in the White House.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:06 am It's better than YOUR system, which is: vote Republican, and then MAINTAIN STATUS QUO. That's YOUR solution. :roll:

Minute Trump arrived, alllllllll your complaints about immigration went poof.
How many times do I have to post that I support HR2 or the Dignity Act.

I never stopped complaining about the asytlum lopholes, which the courts prevented Trump from closing.

I'll never support anything that does not close the asylum loopholes & prevent catch & release.

How much clearer can I make it ? How many times do you need to hear it ?

Your Afghan & Ukrainian taxi drivers entered legally, in an orderly fashion. They didn't storm our southern border.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:32 pm I'll never support anything that does not close the asylum loopholes & prevent catch & release.
And your buds are using the same excuse as to "gee whiz golly, we can't support" bills, because they're not perfect. And their supporters buy their excuses.
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:32 pm How much clearer can I make it ? How many times do you need to hear it ?
You're NOT being clear. You're telling me that you won't support any bill that doesn't have X, Y, or Z. That's NOT the same thing as supporting a change from the status quo. It's putting up roadblocks to passing any bill whatsoever.

And this is WHY they keep kicking the can down the road: how many times do YOU need to hear that? We've been playing this game of yours for 40+ years, OS. Had this very discussion BEFORE Trump. And now here we are, almost 8 years later, and you're STILL not catching on.

Dems say "I will NOT pass an immigration bill that does/doesn't-do THIS.

R's reply "I will NOT pass an immigration bill that does/doesn't-do THIS.

And R's voters and D voters never wake the F up to this game, and figure out they're being played. And it's been DECADES of them fooling you, OS.

So please, keep this line of thinking that's allowed Congress to do nothing for 40 more years. Whatever floats your boat. You're sure as sh9T not hear to listen or consider any views other than your own, so.....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:32 pm I'll never support anything that does not close the asylum loopholes & prevent catch & release.
And your buds are using the same excuse as to "gee whiz golly, we can't support" bills, because they're not perfect. And their supporters buy their excuses.
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:32 pm How much clearer can I make it ? How many times do you need to hear it ?
You're NOT being clear. You're telling me that you won't support any bill that doesn't have X, Y, or Z. That's NOT the same thing as supporting a change from the status quo. It's putting up roadblocks to passing any bill whatsoever.

And this is WHY they keep kicking the can down the road: how many times do YOU need to hear that? We've been playing this game of yours for 40+ years, OS. Had this very discussion BEFORE Trump. And now here we are, almost 8 years later, and you're STILL not catching on.

And R's voters and D voters never wake the F up to this game, and figure out they're being played. And it's been DECADES of them fooling you, OS.

So please, keep this line of thinking that's allowed Congress to do nothing for 40 more years. Whatever floats your boat. You're sure as sh9T not hear to listen or consider any views other than your own, so.....
This is what I have been saying for years. It’s an issue that drives people to vote so it’s not going to be fixed.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

It's not a matter of being perfect. It is addressing the primary underlying cause. Without that, you can't fix the problem, you just continue to try to manage an unmanageable crisis.

Biden & the Dems can't deny the problem much longer, or continue to try to shift the blame. The political pressure is too great.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:49 pm

It's not a matter of being perfect. It is addressing the primary underlying cause. Without that, you can't fix the problem, you just continue to try to manage an unmanageable crisis.

Biden & the Dems can't deny the problem much longer, or continue to try to shift the blame. The political pressure is too great.
Apparently they agree... and are therefore willing to do a bill that some of the most conservative (actual conservative) Senators say is the most conservative and effective bill in 40 years...a bill which includes all sorts of provisions that Dems previously refused to consider absent major concessions from R's on path to citizenship, dreamers, and increased legal immigration. But now they're willing...

The Senators are saying, 'take the win' and do the best we can to manage the problem, and the powers granted to the President under the bill would allow an R President to do things, legally, that they might wish to do. With Biden saying he'd act with those powers right away.

But nah, MAGA folks like you Salty want the issue for Trump and R's to run on...really, really stupid because it reveals how little you and they care about doing the very best we can...and it reveals that the only reason is because they are instructed to do so by the mega ego candidate they fear.

Dems should and likely will use this as a cudgel these next 9 months.

A smart play by the R's would be to declare victory...we took a hard line stand and it worked, the Dems were forced to fold...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:49 pm It's not a matter of being perfect. It is addressing the primary underlying cause. Without that, you can't fix the problem, you just continue to try to manage an unmanageable crisis.
The underlying cause isn't the border. It's the sh*tshow down south. You want to fix that?
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:49 pm Biden & the Dems can't deny the problem much longer, or continue to try to shift the blame. The political pressure is too great.
Wanna bet?

Trump is in the news for scuttling a bipartisan bill, Dems are off the hook. Biden can campaign on that fact, FFS.

Either the R's wake up and tell Trump to get lost, or nothing will happen.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:18 am But nah, MAGA folks like you Salty want the issue for Trump and R's to run on...really, really stupid because it reveals how little you and they care about doing the very best we can...and it reveals that the only reason is because they are instructed to do so by the mega ego candidate they fear.

As usual MDlax figured out my point with no trouble.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

BTW, what do our MAGA folks think is the "underlying cause" of mass migration?

And what is the "underlying cause" of the opioid epidemic and fentanyl death crisis?
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:21 am BTW, what do our MAGA folks think is the "underlying cause" of mass migration?

And what is the "underlying cause" of the opioid epidemic and fentanyl death crisis?
Brown people coming up from the South, poisoning our blood.

Please, by all means, anyone is welcome to give us some sooper-cool spin on "what Trump meant" when he said that. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:21 am BTW, what do our MAGA folks think is the "underlying cause" of mass migration?

Please, by all means, anyone is welcome to give us some sooper-cool spin on "what Trump meant" when he said that. :roll:
Agreed

but for Salty (who I was quoting) and any other MAGA or MAGA adjacent folks, I was asking a serious question and I sincerely would like to know what you (MAGA) guys think.

Could make for more interesting discussion.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:29 am
a fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:25 am

Agreed

but for Salty (who I was quoting) and any other MAGA or MAGA adjacent folks, I was asking a serious question and I sincerely would like to know what you (MAGA) guys think.

Could make for more interesting discussion.
My answer is that this isn't a problem, so long as we give these people Work VISA's on day one. We are DESPERATE for entry-level workers in most of the US.

Or, we could try and stop this stuff, and have Japan and much of the EU's problem where we have too many old people, and not enough workers...and watch our economy fall apart. The fact that folks want to come here coupled with how much freaking land we have is a MASSIVE economic advantage should we choose to stop playing pointless games, and get these people on the payroll.

I'm not holding my breath. Our people and leaders are too stupid to get that the ONLY issue we have is that we're not allowing 10 million+ Americans work legally, and pay full taxes. You can fix that with some iPads and the internet.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:18 am But nah, MAGA folks like you Salty want the issue for Trump and R's to run on...really, really stupid because it reveals how little you and they care about doing the very best we can...and it reveals that the only reason is because they are instructed to do so by the mega ego candidate they fear.

:lol: ...you clowns don't even know what's in the bill or what will compel Biden to enforce it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:30 pm

:lol: ...you clowns don't even know what's in the bill or what will compel Biden to enforce it.
You don’t know what Hillary or the State Department's position was before she had those people killed in Benghazi.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Strawman. We're not talking about "the bill".....YOU are, and foisting that on me.

There is no "Bill". Trump killed whatever was coming, making it irrelevant to the discussion, and TRUMP KILLING IT is what we're talking about.

And naturally, instead of getting Po"ed at Trump for killing an ATTEMPT at a partisan bill, you're on here yelling at me. Just like Trump wants.

You'll catch on that you're getting played after 10 more years of this game. Maybe.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yup, we only know that a bunch of very conservative Senators ,who DO know, think that's its by far the most important, and the most conservative border bill in over 40 years.

But hey, since Trump (who definitely doesn't know) says its not good, you (who definitely doesn't know) decide to think it's bad...

I dunno, but I think my source is more credible than yours...

Return to “POLITICS”