Adult Beverages

General Chatter
richard

Re: Adult Beverages

Post by richard »

richard wrote:After bottling the Xmas toddy I was left with all the apples. I took out all the cloves and put the apples in a vita mixer and drained the liquid through cheese cloth. That liquid is much different than what was bottled and I don't know what will happen with it. Also I'm going to make an apple sauce cake with the left over chopped apples,it will need lots of sugar added to it but the hope is that the boozy taste will come through.
Like Frank Baronne says, Holy Crap!!

Cake is phenomenal. There is no waste in the whole process.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

More greatness from the Rolling Stones!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-r ... e?ref=wrap
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So me and 2-3 good friends used to mix a bunch of Irish and Americans to get the blend we like. We came across quite a few that hit the right spots on our taste buds. We all had names for our favorites: i.e: Elijah Mill (Elijah Craig plus Bushmills 12). Anyway, we finally started adding all of the final few drops of our favorite bottles to one "house" bottle. The journey got more fun. We loved getting together and trying each other's blends. But we didn't tell a lot of people as we thought we were wasting good booze...Anyway, it turns out we were on to something and were'n't alone!

A cool watch:

So if you're looking for something to do during quarantine, start your own "Infinity" or "Solera" bottle. Add a few of your favortes together to create something new and unique to you!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone else tried this stuff....absolutely love it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarula#: ... 4%20proof).

Hey afan.....maybe a new spirit to give a try using the marula tree fruit (Sclerocarya birrea)? The tasting notes tend to dance as a sweeter profile of fruity caramel, I'm sure the Leopold artisan could fire up the ole three chamber and pump out some fine spirit using this fruit. Although, probably an arm and leg to get it here, unless there is solid grove closer the Africa.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”