The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I'm not referring to "Trump fans". I'm referring to the White Christian boogeymen who are insulted by your & your parties condescension.
You don't have to share another person's religious beliefs to respect their commitment to their faith.
So the White Christian nationalists that are putting members of their party on the SCOTUS and are taking rights away from women is a "boogeyman".

But the left you're so worried about that hasn't passed a single Federal law in DECADES is real, and scares you.

That the score here? Well, enjoy your fear, I guess.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm How am I supporting Trump ?
By giving him a pass for everything and anything he does. And blaming everyone else when he or his toadies commit felonies, or defraud military charities and telling us that you don't care. You're the card carrying reason why you have nominated him three times in 12 years. It's you.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm By pointing out the lunacy of his opponents. By pointing out what they did to try to prevent & sabotage his Presidency & how far they'll go to prevent him from running again. That's who you should be afraid of, not Trump.
You want Trump and his team to keep breaking laws. And yet you think I'm afraid of the Republicans in all levels of our Federal Government who held them to account? They're ALL Republicans....FBI, DoJ, IRS, DoD. How many Generals tried, in vain, to tell you that Trump is a POS lawbreaking cheat? Did you listen ? F no. You want to let Trump break laws, yet lose your mind over Hunter Biden. YOU are 1000 times more terrifying that some lib reading a book to kids in a library. You want your party to commit all the crimes they want. Hard pass.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I've never voted for Trump or contributed to his campaigns.
So what? Neither did the libs or the media...and yet you want blame them for nominating Trump three times.

This is your idea of personal responsibility? :lol: You're telling me that the Republican voters and leadership aren't responsible for nominating Trump three times, and that it's "someone else's fault" that this keeps happening? What kind of 2 year old logic is this?
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I fear you lunatics & zealots on the left more than I fear Trump & his followers.
I've told you 10000 times: if you are afraid of rural Americans getting good jobs and health care and good educations like the rest of the 1st world enjoy? Keep right on telling yourself "the libs are bad". Your team's policies are why working class Americans are floundering, and the coastal liberal elites are flourishing. All my liberal friends are set, and so are their kids.

Please, vote for your team again, so that they can cut these liberal's taxes yet again, and ship even more money to them. They're loving it, yet are sad to watch you and your crew hollow out middle America. But if you don't care? They don't care, either. Whatever floats your boat. Been trying to tell you this for years now...why start listening now?

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm Your fellow lefties are making Trump the inevitable candidate by keeping him in the news & making him a victim with your perversion of our legal system. This is playing out just the way the Dems want it to. They know that Trump is the only (R) candidate they can beat, so they keep him in the news & stoke his supporters resentments.
I 100% don't care. Not even a little. Everything in your world is "someone else's fault". Sell it to TrumpNation and your perpetual victimhood.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:32 amMore diversion from the master of cut & paste BS.
Those terrible Christians who deprived women of "rights" the Constitution never gave them.
It's a state issue. Can they still get an abortion in CO ?
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I'm not referring to "Trump fans". I'm referring to the White Christian boogeymen who are insulted by your & your parties condescension.
You don't have to share another person's religious beliefs to respect their commitment to their faith.
So the White Christian nationalists that are putting members of their party on the SCOTUS and are taking rights away from women is a "boogeyman".

But the left you're so worried about that hasn't passed a single Federal law in DECADES is real, and scares you.

Weak dodge. I didn't say Nationalists. That's your trope. You know what I'm talking about. Nationalism has nothing to do with it.

By giving him a pass for everything and anything he does. And blaming everyone else when he or his toadies commit felonies, or defraud military charities and telling us that you don't care. You're the card carrying reason why you have nominated him three times in 12 years. It's you.
You are delusional. I have no power or influence. I live in the Blueist of Blue states. My 1 mere protest vote is meaningless.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm By pointing out the lunacy of his opponents. By pointing out what they did to try to prevent & sabotage his Presidency & how far they'll go to prevent him from running again. That's who you should be afraid of, not Trump.
You want Trump and his team to keep breaking laws. And yet you think I'm afraid of the Republicans in all levels of our Federal Government who held them to account? They're ALL Republicans....FBI, DoJ, IRS, DoD. How many Generals tried, in vain, to tell you that Trump is a POS lawbreaking cheat? Did you listen ? F no. You want to let Trump break laws, yet lose your mind over Hunter Biden. YOU are 1000 times more terrifying that some lib reading a book to kids in a library. You want your party to commit all the crimes they want. Hard pass.
I want Trump to go away. You don't need a bunch of bogus prosecutions to do it. Your CO courts & dingbat Sec of State will try to keep him off the ballot for a "crime" which Biden's Special Counsel won't even charge him with. That's a great system you have in your state. You can't even keep Boebert off the ballot. Do you agree with your state court & Sec of State that Trump should be kept off the ballot for a crime which he's never even been charged with ?
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I've never voted for Trump or contributed to his campaigns.
So what? Neither did the libs or the media...and yet you want blame them for nominating Trump three times.
Every action has a reaction. Trump is the reaction.

This is your idea of personal responsibility? :lol: You're telling me that the Republican voters and leadership aren't responsible for nominating Trump three times, and that it's "someone else's fault" that this keeps happening? What kind of 2 year old logic is this?
His poll ratings go up with every additional bogus charge. You're making it ez for him to make a mockery of our Judicial system.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I fear you lunatics & zealots on the left more than I fear Trump & his followers.
I've told you 10000 times: if you are afraid of rural Americans getting good jobs and health care and good educations like the rest of the 1st world enjoy? Keep right on telling yourself "the libs are bad". Your team's policies are why working class Americans are floundering, and the coastal liberal elites are flourishing. All my liberal friends are set, and so are their kids.
That's right. Your coastal elite customers are getting just what they want. Keep whining,
Why haven't your Teachers Union friends fixed K-12 yet ? Not enough Drag Queen story hours.
Fix K-12 & we won't need to give everyone your free remedial college.

Please, vote for your team again, so that they can cut these liberal's taxes yet again, and ship even more money to them. They're loving it, yet are sad to watch you and your crew hollow out middle America. But if you don't care? They don't care, either. Whatever floats your boat. Been trying to tell you this for years now...why start listening now?
So why don't the peasants in middle America vote for your team anymore ? They're just not as smart as you.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm Your fellow lefties are making Trump the inevitable candidate by keeping him in the news & making him a victim with your perversion of our legal system. This is playing out just the way the Dems want it to. They know that Trump is the only (R) candidate they can beat, so they keep him in the news & stoke his supporters resentments.
I 100% don't care. Not even a little. Everything in your world is "someone else's fault". Sell it to TrumpNation and your perpetual victimhood.
Yet you're the one complaining about Trump. Beat him with ideas & results. You can't do it without weaponizing our legal system.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It would take either:

A. Omniscience or;
B. Incredible hubris and delusion

To state with certainty of belief as seen here that the judicial system has been “weaponized” prior to any conclusions and certainly anyone here having anywhere near enough information to state as such. Theres simply no way to pretend this isn’t the truth and case with respect to that very definite statement above. Joking or some other nonsense will be a defense but it is a massive exposure to the facade presented to obscure the real beliefs.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:52 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:20 am
CU88a wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:53 am What percentage of Iowa r voters yesterday will NOT vote for 2xIMPOTUS o d in Nov?
About ~110,000 people voted yesterday. In a state where ~900,000 people voted Republican in 2020. We'll see what happens in November.

As an aside, this is another big part of our broken election/two party system. Where an extremely small percentage of the voting public decides who's gonna be on the general ballot.
This should be a remarkable opportunity for Joe to step in and plant the Democrat flag on the the top of Mt Whatchasay. Most American were led to believe that the planting of that flag on Mt. Suribachi meant the Island had been won. Three of those flag raisers died never having known the significance of their sacrifice. They were KIA before anyone ever knew who they were. Up until recently one of the flag raisers who never acknowledged his role in this iconic photo was fortunate enough to die without the fanfare of the clown show media. I hope all of you people take the time to read Flags of our Fathers. The only thing people remembered Jack Brady for was his profile in the flag raising on Mt Suribachi. It wasn't until his death that his son found all of his WW2 decorations. His own son never knew his dad was awarded the Navy Cross. Jack Brady risked his life time and time again to save his Marines before he was shot up doing so. He was only famous for being in an iconic picture. He was famous for the fact that with the Marines he trained to protect he would would be there. I would encourage everyone on this forum to Read Flags of our Fathers.
I've read Flags of our Fathers.

I'm not sure how it applies to the primary voting system.

Were you in the military yourself? You're hesitant to mention your background.
As usual, Cradle mangles the facts - John Bradley is the USN corpsman in the book and father to the author. Turns out further research reveals that John Bradley was not one of the marines in the picture. That fact does not demean his heroic service in the Navy not only at Iwo Jima but elsewhere in the Pacific, He was not the only one - Following a Marine investigation into the event it was determined that two of the six Marines featured in the book were not in the famous photograph. The men misidentified were Rene Gagnon and John Bradley, the men who were actually in the photo are Harold “Pie” Keller and Harold Schultz who were also a part of Easy Company. Three others - Strank, Block, and Sousley were killed in action on Iwo. Did you really read the book? and, if so,. how did you miss these basic details?

If you did indeed read the book you sure missed a lot of detial. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:44 am
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:32 amMore diversion from the master of cut & paste BS.
Those terrible Christians who deprived women of "rights" the Constitution never gave them.

Weak dodge. I didn't say Nationalists. That's your trope. You know what I'm talking about. Nationalism has nothing to do with it.

You are delusional. I have no power or influence. I live in the Blueist of Blue states. My 1 mere protest vote is meaningless.
I want Trump to go away. You don't need a bunch of bogus prosecutions to do it. Your CO courts & dingbat Sec of State will try to keep him off the ballot for a "crime" which Biden's Special Counsel won't even charge him with. That's a great system you have in your state. You can't even keep Boebert off the ballot. Do you agree with your state court & Sec of State that Trump should be kept off the ballot for a crime which he's never even been charged with ?

His poll ratings go up with every additional bogus charge. You're making it ez for him to make a mockery of our Judicial system.
That's right. Your coastal elite customers are getting just what they want. Keep whining,
Why haven't your Teachers Union friends fixed K-12 yet ? Not enough Drag Queen story hours.

So why don't the peasants in middle America vote for your team anymore ? They're just not as smart as you.
Yet you're the one complaining about Trump. Beat him with ideas & results. You can't do it without weaponizing our legal system.
So sad that you believe, and regurgitate, the lies fed to you on this point. So much for "Law & Order"...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:07 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:36 pm Afan - you still don’t seem to get it, and appears you never will. Many have explained this a bazillion times.

Your reply just did the very thing that makes people pull the lever for Trump. Are you interviewing for The View? 😉
Nope. It's YOU who doesn't get it, and YOU are the one being condescending to these voters. It's hilarious that you guy can't even figure out how party nominations work.

Was Biden on the ballot in the Iowa Caucus? Or how about "the media"? Or how about "the libs". :lol:

Nope. None of them were there.

My position is simple, logical, and rational: the reason these voters are supporting Trump is that your party has failed to give them better candidates the last 20 years. The libs have NOTHING to do with that. This is YOUR fault. YOU supported and nominated this guy, and failed to vote for better leadership in your party.

They're doing this to spite YOU, FFS....but you're too busy trying to blame everything bad in America on "the libs" that you can't figure this out. Your party SUCKS. THAT is why they nominated Trump, for the third freaking time.

Wake up! Or don't. I honestly don't care. I'm ready for my fat tax cuts and for the coming explosion in Federal Spending that will make the economy boom.....same R playbook since Reagan. I'm here for it, my man.

For the 100th time, you're conflating "why people vote Republican" with "why Republican voters keep nominating Trump for POTUS instead of other Republican leaders".

Voting Republican sticks it to the libs just fine. Every one of the nominees mock libs, and "stick it to the libs". Heck, Ron DeSantis made his name "sticking it to the libs".

So sorry mate, that ain't why TrumpFans are Trump fans.

The part you REALLY don't get is: they're going to keep nominating these types of idiots if you can't get your party together, and nominate a real freaking leader for your party. Only YOU can change this. The libs have NOTHING to do with who your Party nominates, my man. That's 100% on you and Old Salt.
nope, agree to disagree.

Not conflating anything and your argument that the R’s have not stood up someone better is low rent logic….you know full well there have been plenty and we’re plenty in 2016. Trump was a referendum and a pivot point in our history that the people were fed up with BOTH sides; just like the two of us. It’s why he mowed down all of them and the most famous woman in recent Politics history lost to Trump.

Remember when the saying use to be that if you don’t like your representatives, then vote them out….exactly. So now, any level headed politician is viewed as pre 2016 status quo….the toothpaste is out of the tube.

I think our best bet is to have another cycle of democrats in order to wash out Trump.
Is how the folks in 2016 “stood up” Trump how you envision yourself or a man of character standing up to him in similar circumstances and therefore your definitions of standing up? I see them as having folded so fast as I wouldn’t describe it as anyone having truly standing up to him except all those people who your think of as enemies or deep state out to get him. It’s an unsolvable position with you here because if one truly stands up you define it as something nefarious and morally and otherwise wrong. Then hold up what Jeb and Ted Cruz did in 2016 as “standing up to” and “opposition” which I would never define as true opposition they way they folded.
You are picking the wrong scab FFG. The argument is that the people were sick and tired of ALL of the establishment politicians....the ONLY one remaining WAS Trump. The 'People' sent a message.....it is not NOT Trump persay, it is give me anyone NOT entrenched in politics. I wanted Kasich
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:41 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:44 am

So sad that you believe, and regurgitate, the lies fed to you on this point. So much for "Law & Order"...
It's not just the regurgitation of the lies that he is fed. Look at OS's posts; they are full to brimming with rage over the fact that time is passing him by. He cannot and will not accept responsibility for his party providing the country with a person whose mission is flouting constitutional norms and instead tries to blame folks who abhor Trump and vote against him for the catastrophe that his party has become. The party of personal responsibility, not so much. His posts could be summarized as "it's all your fault." All the while participating in the nationwide toadying and whining that marks the GOP Trump era. No policies, no ideas; just a blather of discord with modernity.

I'm not "condescending" toward Christians; the article I posted just points out how dirty -- how dirtying -- the white Christian alliance with and to Trump is. I'm sad for Christians. Is Trump anything that a Christian -- a real one -- could honor? Rape. Sexual assault. Bigoted. Punitive. The alliance with Trump just makes the Christians who support him (and call him some sort of Chosen One) into gross political operatives.

The primary season -- where party activists and single issue voters dominate the discussion -- is skewed, and the Religious Right is a chief participant in this. It is where they get the maximum flex on determining who the candidates will be. And their support of this oh so un-Christian person is proof positive of the dirtiness at the intersection of politics and religion.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:15 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:36 pm Afan - you still don’t seem to get it, and appears you never will. Many have explained this a bazillion times.

Your reply just did the very thing that makes people pull the lever for Trump. Are you interviewing for The View? 😉
Nope. It's YOU who doesn't get it, and YOU are the one being condescending to these voters. It's hilarious that you guy can't even figure out how party nominations work.

Was Biden on the ballot in the Iowa Caucus? Or how about "the media"? Or how about "the libs". :lol:

My position is simple, logical, and rational: the reason these voters are supporting Trump is that your party has failed to give them better candidates the last 20 years. The libs have NOTHING to do with that. This is YOUR fault. YOU supported and nominated this guy, and failed to vote for better leadership in your party.

They're doing this to spite YOU, FFS....but you're too busy trying to blame everything bad in America on "the libs" that you can't figure this out. Your party SUCKS. THAT is why they nominated Trump, for the third freaking time.

Wake up! Or don't. I honestly don't care. I'm ready for my fat tax cuts and for the coming explosion in Federal Spending that will make the economy boom.....same R playbook since Reagan. I'm here for it, my man.

For the 100th time, you're conflating "why people vote Republican" with "why Republican voters keep nominating Trump for POTUS instead of other Republican leaders".

Voting Republican sticks it to the libs just fine. Every one of the nominees mock libs, and "stick it to the libs". Heck, Ron DeSantis made his name "sticking it to the libs".

The part you REALLY don't get is: they're going to keep nominating these types of idiots if you can't get your party together, and nominate a real freaking leader for your party. Only YOU can change this. The libs have NOTHING to do with who your Party nominates, my man. That's 100% on you and Old Salt.
nope, agree to disagree.

Not conflating anything and your argument that the R’s have not stood up someone better is low rent logic….you know full well there have been plenty and we’re plenty in 2016. Trump was a referendum and a pivot point in our history that the people were fed up with BOTH sides; just like the two of us. It’s why he mowed down all of them and the most famous woman in recent Politics history lost to Trump.

Remember when the saying use to be that if you don’t like your representatives, then vote them out….exactly. So now, any level headed politician is viewed as pre 2016 status quo….the toothpaste is out of the tube.

I think our best bet is to have another cycle of democrats in order to wash out Trump.
Is how the folks in 2016 “stood up” Trump how you envision yourself or a man of character standing up to him in similar circumstances and therefore your definitions of standing up? I see them as having folded so fast as I wouldn’t describe it as anyone having truly standing up to him except all those people who your think of as enemies or deep state out to get him. It’s an unsolvable position with you here because if one truly stands up you define it as something nefarious and morally and otherwise wrong. Then hold up what Jeb and Ted Cruz did in 2016 as “standing up to” and “opposition” which I would never define as true opposition they way they folded.
You are picking the wrong scab FFG. The argument is that the people were sick and tired of ALL of the establishment politicians....the ONLY one remaining WAS Trump. The 'People' sent a message.....it is not NOT Trump persay, it is give me anyone NOT entrenched in politics. I wanted Kasich
Neither of us know that this is true. You are the one that generally believes in more consipiracy esque constructs. It's easy to see where many were manipulated into that or converseley they also spoke by pushing Biden through with what like 80 million votes. The people spoke!

But...now you have to assk 8-10yrs later why we have this same mentality, things are worse in this country than they were in 2014 or 2016, there are far more non entrenched elected folks in the house which is a bigger train wreck than ever and folks still support Trump. The guy who is now not an outsider but an incumbent who had a putrid term, casued unknowable damage to our country and, again, is nothing like the average person and couldn't care less about them. (But note the growing wealth of the Alex Jones and Jerry Fallwell Jrs with this guy...) Your argument mightve held water nearly a decade ago now but at this point somehting is amiss, that answer is beyond unsatisfactory and you have to really try hard to avoid asking questions about what's going on that he's still running laps around the R field.
See Martin, Malcolm
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:35 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:15 am

nope, agree to disagree.

Neither of us know that this is true. You are the one that generally believes in more consipiracy esque constructs. It's easy to see where many were manipulated into that or converseley they also spoke by pushing Biden through with what like 80 million votes. The people spoke!

But...now you have to assk 8-10yrs later why we have this same mentality, things are worse in this country than they were in 2014 or 2016, there are far more non entrenched elected folks in the house which is a bigger train wreck than ever and folks still support Trump. The guy who is now not an outsider but an incumbent who had a putrid term, casued unknowable damage to our country and, again, is nothing like the average person and couldn't care less about them. (But note the growing wealth of the Alex Jones and Jerry Fallwell Jrs with this guy...) Your argument mightve held water nearly a decade ago now but at this point somehting is amiss, that answer is beyond unsatisfactory and you have to really try hard to avoid asking questions about what's going on that he's still running laps around the R field.
I was a Kasich fan too. But he was too sensible. To reasonable for this country.

Trump is the song stuck in everyone's head. People need to listen to the whole track to get it unstuck.

Trump will likely win and get his second term. He'll get that out of his system and be gone. But the democrats will challenge it legally along the way, and mentally implode. He'll be even more vindictive than he was the first term.

Leading way to another old-but-capable nomination of Hillary Clinton who will be brought in to fix it.

Then both sides can stop being so hysterical.

:lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kasich was not "too reasonable for this country." He was "too reasonable for the GOP primary voters." The GOP is responsible for its choices, just like my kids were taught when they were children. I'm not sure why you guys cannot understand that a good half of the country has nothing to do with who you nominate as your candidates for high office. You have to own this thing you have all -- and I concede, some of you against your will or preferences -- created.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:50 am Kasich was not "too reasonable for this country." He was "too reasonable for the GOP primary voters." The GOP is responsible for its choices, just like my kids were taught when they were children. I'm not sure why you guys cannot understand that a good half of the country has nothing to do with who you nominate as your candidates for high office. You have to own this thing you have all -- and I concede, some of you against your will or preferences -- created.
And this was in high relief in Iowa.

Less than 15% of registered Republican voters voted in their caucus this week.

Less than 8% of registered Republican voters voted for Trump, in what is being exclaimed as a wipeout victory for Trump.

A "wipeout victory" for the "incumbent" who a majority of Republicans (in polling) say actually won in 2020.

It gets worse. Registered Republicans are 34% of all registered voters in Iowa. The state has tipped solid red since 2012, but what this means is that less than 3% of all registered voters in Iowa chose Trump...and this is going to get repeated, by and large, in most primaries across America.

Agreed re Kasich.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:50 am Kasich was not "too reasonable for this country." He was "too reasonable for the GOP primary voters." The GOP is responsible for its choices, just like my kids were taught when they were children. I'm not sure why you guys cannot understand that a good half of the country has nothing to do with who you nominate as your candidates for high office. You have to own this thing you have all -- and I concede, some of you against your will or preferences -- created.
Yes the denial of any responsibilty by the character crusaders here is....incongruous.

At some point folks can't lay claim to the republican party and reject Trump if he's the guy for ten years or more. That's just silly. Or pathetic.
See Martin, Malcolm
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:44 am More diversion from the master of cut & paste BS.
:lol: Women had access to reproductive health care for decades.....your team packs the SCOTUS, and that right was yanked. And you want to tell me that didn't happen, and say "oh, all they did was move the right to mess with women's rights to the States, so nothing really changed".

Cool. Any other brilliant takes on deck?

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm You are delusional. I have no power or influence. I live in the Blueist of Blue states. My 1 mere protest vote is meaningless.
:lol: So you have no power, yet liberals living in America that aren't registered Republicans DO have the power to nominate Trump as the Republican nominee. That's your idea here.

Oh yeah, you're making perfect sense.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm I want Trump to go away. You don't need a bunch of bogus prosecutions to do it. Your CO courts & dingbat Sec of State will try to keep him off the ballot for a "crime" which Biden's Special Counsel won't even charge him with. That's a great system you have in your state. You can't even keep Boebert off the ballot. Do you agree with your state court & Sec of State that Trump should be kept off the ballot for a crime which he's never even been charged with ?
Welcome to America. We have a legal system, and a political system. Why does your team make the freaking State of Iowa critical to who is nominated for President? Who the F knows.

As for my opinion on the CO ballot issue, I've given it to you multiple times. Pay attention.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm His poll ratings go up with every additional bogus charge.
His own people have pleaded guilty to felony charges surrounding his actions. You are the one acting like a child, telling us that felony convictions are bogus.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm That's right. Your coastal elite customers are getting just what they want. Keep whining,
I'm not whining. YOU are. I'm perfectly happy to watch your party fall apart because of R voters like you who are too off their rocker to understand that YOU are why Trump is your leader.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm Why haven't your Teachers Union friends fixed K-12 yet ? Not enough Drag Queen story hours.

Oh, it's fixed. We have a fantastic system in rich counties all over America. Liberal enclaves, as you very well know. My daughter is getting a world class education, and is already fluent in French.

YOU and your team are the ones who think that money is bad, and teachers should be paid less than an entry level fast food worker. You get what you pay for. And any time anyone talks about spending more on education, out comes your "throwing money at problems" complaint.

You and your buds have been in charge of education for decades. The Rich are set, the poor are F'ed. And you don't care. Guess what? You're doing an EXCELLENT job of making me not care about anyone but my family. Just like you. "I got mine, F everyone else" is your mantra.

My advice to these TrumpVoters you don't give a fig about? Shut up and get a third job.

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm So why don't the peasants in middle America vote for your team anymore ? They're just not as smart as you.
They're not my team. You don't read a word I tell you: the problem is that your team has stopped governing.

As for "their not as smart as you" comment? This is you and your party in a nutshell: you gleefully point out that our educational system is horrible. Yet at the same time, you clutch pearls when anyone dares point that because our educational system sucks for anyone who doesn't have money, working class Americans are uneducated and ignorant. It's perfect.

You want to pretend that their are no consequences for our sh(tty educational system, and that working class Americans are freaking nuclear scientists.

I, on the other hand, want to give our working class Americans world class education, and I'm willing to be taxed for it.
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm Yet you're the one complaining about Trump.
Nope. I told you I'm fine with him doing exactly what he'll do: cut my taxes, and explode Federal spending to give us yet another Government-spending induced economic boom. I've given up trying to explain to you and your buds what carried interest is. You don't understand it, and never will. The ONLY time you get it is when your military planes don't have spare parts. Suddenly and miraculously, you understand money. :roll:
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm Beat him with ideas & results. You can't do it without weaponizing our legal system.
Thats on YOU. YOU are the one who's supposed to do that, an nominate Republican leaders that have good ideas on how to govern.

These leaders don't exist in your party. So you nominate Trump. Oh, and then blame everyone else for your party's failures.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote
and is already fluent in French.
Impressive!! (7 or 8 years old? Am thinkin' 8 is on the high side too)
I believe this is fairly commonplace in Europe (bilingual), something
we should be doing here too.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:00 pm
a fan wrote
and is already fluent in French.
Impressive!! (7 or 8 years old? Am thinkin' 8 is on the high side too)
I believe this is fairly commonplace in Europe (bilingual), something
we should be doing here too.
Oh, couldn't agree more! It's why I think teachers should be six figure jobs, and inner city and rural schools should look like palaces.

We have millions of Americans who disagree with me, and think taxes and government are bad. So we get what we have now....where rich suburbs have these palaces, and everyone else is F'ed.

She's doing math, science, and reading in two languages....and gets allllll the benefits from doing that from age five. Put me in charge, and every Colorado school would be like this, and more.

Invest in your people. Use America's GDP to outcompete every other nation on Earth. Republicans USED to believe in this. They've given up, and succumbed to diddling their time on conspiracy theories and drag queens. The party is broken, and unfixable.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:34 am It would take either:

A. Omniscience or;

To state with certainty of belief as seen here that the judicial system has been “weaponized” prior to any conclusions and certainly anyone here having anywhere near enough information to state as such. Theres simply no way to pretend this isn’t the truth and case with respect to that very definite statement above. Joking or some other nonsense will be a defense but it is a massive exposure to the facade presented to obscure the real beliefs.
Yep. And watch him and the other "Deep Staters" cheer the "Deep State" on as they are now on year six of investigating Hunter Biden.

It's ok to investigate Hunter for six years. But it's "weaponized" if anyone dares to investigated anyone with the magic letter R. They're off limits.

It's so stupid. The most annoying part? They know perfectly well how stupid they're being, and would NEVER make these claims in public with peers around to laugh at this idiocy. They'll only play this game online.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:04 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:34 am It would take either:

A. Omniscience or;

Yep. And watch him and the other "Deep Staters" cheer the "Deep State" on as they are now on year six of investigating Hunter Biden.

It's ok to investigate Hunter for six years. But it's "weaponized" if anyone dares to investigated anyone with the magic letter R. They're off limits.

It's so stupid. The most annoying part? They know perfectly well how stupid they're being, and would NEVER make these claims in public with peers around to laugh at this idiocy. They'll only play this game online.
Taking about this deep state they can’t identify or prove or even have reasonable folks keep a straight face when listening to such drivel is in fact whining. It’s just pathetic and shameful. If these cats had any shame .
See Martin, Malcolm
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:51 am I was a Kasich fan too. But he was too sensible. To reasonable for this country.

Trump is the song stuck in everyone's head. People need to listen to the whole track to get it unstuck.

Trump will likely win and get his second term. He'll get that out of his system and be gone. But the democrats will challenge it legally along the way, and mentally implode. He'll be even more vindictive than he was the first term.

Leading way to another old-but-capable nomination of Hillary Clinton who will be brought in to fix it.

You're wrong. Demonstrably so, Kram.

We heard this "everything is going back to normal in the Repubican party after Trump leaves the White House" years ago.

Nope. Not even close. Didn't happen. You let the genie out of the bottle 12 years ago now.....your party is now conspiracies and culture wars. Neither of which have ANYTHING to do with simple governance, and making the Republican base's life better.

Trumpism is here to stay in your party Kram.

Want to hear how far America has fallen behind? We're looking at summer day camps for my daughter in the Montreal and Quebec area. Know how much they charge for 7 week long camps in Canada? $700 CND, because of you guessed it, big, bad, mean government. Learning about arts and crafts, and how do deal with conflict between children.....boats, horses, all the stuff that USED to be affordable in America.

Meanwhile, every summer, working class American parents are royally F'ed. Until your team figures out that government is the working classes ONLY hope? Working class Americans will continue to circle the drain.

Because the Global free market says their labor value is the same as it is for workers in China or any other 3rd world nation if there is zero government intervention.

The sooner Republican figure this out, and admit this simple fact about labor, the sooner you can start governing like adults, and put away the TinFoilHats.

Or, you can ignore what I'm telling you, and let the Dems run everything. Because they will if you keep this up, as more and more people move to the cities and become more liberal.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:51 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:51 am I was a Kasich fan too. But he was too sensible. To reasonable for this country.

You're wrong. Demonstrably so, Kram.

We heard this "everything is going back to normal in the Repubican party after Trump leaves offices".

Nope. Not even close. Didn't happen. You let the genie out of the bottle 12 years ago now.....your party is now conspiracies and culture wars. Neither of which have ANYTHING to do with simple governance, making the Republican base's life better.

Trumpism is here to stay in your party Kram.

Want to hear how far America has fallen behind? We're looking at summer day camps for my daughter in the Montreal and Quebec area. Know how much they charge for 7 week long camps in Canada? $700 CND, because of you guessed it, big, bad, mean government. Learning about arts and crafts, and how do deal with conflict between children.....boats, horses, all the stuff that USED to be affordable in America.

Meanwhile, every summer, working class American parents are royally F'ed. Until your team figures out that government is the working classes ONLY hope? Working class Americans will continue to circle the drain.

Because the Global free market says their labor value is the same as it is for workers in China or any other 3rd world nation if there is zero government intervention.

The sooner Republican figure this out, and admit this simple fact about labor, the sooner you can start governing like adults, and put away the TinFoilHats.

Or, you can ignore what I'm telling you, and let the Dems run everything. Because they will if you keep this up, as more and more people move to the cities and become more liberal.
You lost me on the Canadian camp talk. Is $700 a good deal? Plus flights? Boats and horses used to be affordable? Seems like the rest your daughter can get in the Colorado public school summer program, no?

Labor, working class. Contributing to society, being able to afford things... what's available to Hard working US citizens. Let's see.

I'd probablysay that the US working class isn't losing it. They already lost it. They are the working class with no jobs since immigrations has been unchecked for the past 40 years. That means they don't exist any more. The US population categories goes this way now: Poor Americans, Undocumented Working Class, Middle Class, Rich.

Immigrants are good for this country. I have long advocated for open and orderly immigration on these boards. So I'll pose this question to you - when comes the point where Americans paying and giving away services/schooling/benefits to non-citizens reaches a tipping point?

When is that point? How many should be allowed? 3 million people? 7 million people? Etimates from 2 years ago put us at 10.5 million undocumented. So it's probably higher. What should be done to help normal, everyday Americans?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”