ai... and all it's consequences

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

ai... and all it's consequences

Post by tech37 »

https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egr ... 1704046709

Oh nooooo... not "some guy on the internet" :roll:
Kismet

Re: ai... and all it's consequences

Post by Kismet »

Rogan couldn't fit the bill - he's neither artificial nor intelligent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year, tech!!!!!!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:43 am Rogan couldn't fit the bill - he's neither artificial nor intelligent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year, tech!!!!!!
Of course as I've said in past, it's not about Rogan. An important conversation, despite your bias, nonetheless.

Thanks Kismet!... HNY
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:28 am https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egr ... 1704046709

Thanks. Listening to the link you provided....about 15 minutes in. IS there a connection to AI in this episode or did you add the wrong link?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:58 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:28 am https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egr ... 1704046709

Thanks. Listening to the link you provided....about 15 minutes in. IS there a connection to AI in this episode or did you add the wrong link?
Sorry youth... episode #2076 with Aza Raskin & Tristan Harris
DMac

Post by DMac »

See, AI wouldn't have made that mistake, gotta get yourself one of those contraptions. tech. ;)
Didn't listen to it but I'm not thrilled about AI. No doubt it can be of great benefit but I think the
deep, dark side is going to have dire consequences. You can't tell real from fake now and I belive
it's going to get a whole lot worse. JMHO
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:09 am See, AI wouldn't have made that mistake, gotta get yourself one of those contraptions. tech. ;)
Didn't listen to it but I'm not thrilled about AI. No doubt it can be of great benefit but I think the
deep, dark side is going to have dire consequences. You can't tell real from fake now and I belive
Makes those terminator movies seem not all that far fetched after all...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Still struggling to tell the difference between personalized medical advice from your doctor....and entertainment, are we?

Well, here's to the New Year, maybe this will be the one where you sort that out. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:09 am See, AI wouldn't have made that mistake, gotta get yourself one of those contraptions. tech. ;)
Meh. Look at TrumpNation. No AI, no mirrors, no sleight of hand needed to fool them.

Or the Coronavirus conspiracies, where millions are convinced that Dr. Fauci is plotting to kill them and everyone they love....when he could have retired in early 2020, taken his fat Federal Pension, consulted with big Pharma for even more cheddar, and told these brilliant Americans "figure it out on your own, I don't care about you or your family. Good luck".

You don't need AI for these idiotic outcomes in America. You just need Americans, and the internet.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:00 pm
Meh. Look at TrumpNation. No AI, no mirrors, no sleight of hand needed to fool them.

Or the Coronavirus conspiracies, where millions are convinced that Dr. Fauci is plotting to kill them and everyone they love....when he could have retired in early 2020, taken his fat Federal Pension, consulted with big Pharma for even more cheddar, and told these brilliant Americans "figure it out on your own, I don't care about you or your family. Good luck".

You don't need AI for these idiotic outcomes in America. You just need Americans, and the internet.
:lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:18 pm

might also explain why Joe Rogan (who is alleged to be a stand up comedian) no longer has to work in that capacity (and who was very forgettable in it) when he can make gazillions foisting so-called experts with various conspiracies on any topic to wannabe believers.
Can't wait for the expose' on the Bermuda Triangle and Aliens.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:55 pm

Still struggling to tell the difference between personalized medical advice from your doctor....and entertainment, are we?

Well, here's to the New Year, maybe this will be the one where you sort that out. ;)
Yeah a fan, mandates were the epitome of "personalized medical advice"... sort that when you're not importing more straw for 2024 ;)
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:05 pm

Yeah a fan, mandates were the epitome of "personalized medical advice"... sort that when you're not importing more straw for 2024 ;)
It’s called Public Health. You should know that.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:50 pm

might also explain why Joe Rogan (who is alleged to be a stand up comedian) no longer has to work in that capacity (and who was very forgettable in it) when he can make gazillions foisting so-called experts with various conspiracies on any topic to wannabe believers.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I get your point but AI puts the dark and dangerous side of the internet on steroids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrald_EZgDQ
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:05 pm

Oh no! The US government and State Governors weren't perfect during the first pandemic in the information age!!!!

I'm sure you and your buds at TeamTinFoil would have done SO much better if we put you in charge, naturally.

We got the F out of a global pandemic and to a vaccine in a little over 12 months. And instead of thanking your lucky stars for alllll those brilliant minds that got us out? You won't shut up about how it wasn't a flawless, virtuoso performance by Trump (yes, Trump), Biden, and the 50 governors who all did their best to get us the F out of that mess.

Nice to watch a bunch of non-contributing-zeros (I, myself, am also a zero) throw stones at the very people who kept people from dying. And nope, it wasn't perfect. Shocker.

How dare they do their level best to try and keep you and your family alive, Tech! :lol: The NERVE of those people, right? ;)

But sure: Joe Rogan. :lol: ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:40 pm

I get your point but AI puts the dark and dangerous side of the internet on steroids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrald_EZgDQ
So long as folks believe "some guy on the internet" as truth? It's not needed.

Like everything else, we'll work the problems when they arrive. Only other option? Put silicon valley under Federal control. I'm not interested in that.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wrong... https://comedymothership.com/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 pm

I don't see him listed as a performer at this link
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:12 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 pm

I don't see him listed as a performer at this link
He own the place
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”