BARR

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: BARR

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:18 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm He's telling you what the state of the investigation when he was in office. The investigation was not opened until late 2018.
Evidence needed to be collected & established as grounds for warrants.
We've been over this before.....if you HONESTLY believe this, explain how Mueller got all of his investigations finished and in the can in under two years.

How is that possible? Warrants pulled, indictments handed out, all in under two years. Mueller have magic beans?

Your ground for a warrant is a Reuters report telling the whole wide world that (not kidding) Hunter got a job with Burisma, coupled with (drumroll) he didn't file taxes. Boy, that was hard. I need another year to pull a warrant for his bank records. :roll:

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm It took time to independently verify the strands of the laptop evidence. Don't blame Barr for Weiss & his office slow walking the case.
I didn't. The Whistelblowers did. The whistleblowers YOU believe. Remember them?

Do you not understand how delusional this sounds?

On one hand, you're lecturing me about "gee whiz, it takes a long time to do this stuff...you're insane to think you can pull warrants in two years".....yet at the same time, you're claiming that there's a conspiracy because the case took too long.

How does this square in your head, OS? It's just bonkers that this is your argument.

And the answer is: this ain't your argument. This is FoxNation's argument, and as usual, you've bought what they are selling you.
Off Topic but worth it!! Scroll down the page!

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=4621
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm Barr also said he wanted to prevent the investigation from leaking during the campaign.
Are you claiming that Barr was micro-managing Weiss' investigation ?
Asked and answered. The Whistleblowers TOLD YOU he did that.

Barr-----Bill freaking Barr-----and I'm telling you for the tenth time.....is the one who STEPPED IN, and moved the investigation away from DC and the IRS, and into Delaware under Weiss' control, with the IRS working with them jointly.

The WB"s TOLD YOU that this was the only time this had ever happened during their careers.

And instead of taking ten second to ask "why"....you brush this off as inconsequential. This slowed everything down, OS.
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm You keep trying to blame Barr for Weiss letting the SOL lapse.
Nope. I'm DELIGHTED to blame the IRS for this. They should have pulled the warrants in 2019. A year is PLENTY of time to get cause to pull bank records with two freaking agents working the case full time.

What the heck were they doing for two years if they didn't have Hunter's financial records to review? Answer that question for me. What were they doing? Playing minesweeper 8 hours a day? How the F do you build a tax fraud/evasion case without bank records? It's impossible.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:07 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:18 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm He's telling you what the state of the investigation when he was in office. The investigation was not opened until late 2018.
Evidence needed to be collected & established as grounds for warrants.
We've been over this before.....if you HONESTLY believe this, explain how Mueller got all of his investigations finished and in the can in under two years.

How is that possible? Warrants pulled, indictments handed out, all in under two years. Mueller have magic beans?

Your ground for a warrant is a Reuters report telling the whole wide world that (not kidding) Hunter got a job with Burisma, coupled with (drumroll) he didn't file taxes. Boy, that was hard. I need another year to pull a warrant for his bank records. :roll:

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm It took time to independently verify the strands of the laptop evidence. Don't blame Barr for Weiss & his office slow walking the case.
I didn't. The Whistelblowers did. The whistleblowers YOU believe. Remember them?

Do you not understand how delusional this sounds?

On one hand, you're lecturing me about "gee whiz, it takes a long time to do this stuff...you're insane to think you can pull warrants in two years".....yet at the same time, you're claiming that there's a conspiracy because the case took too long.

How does this square in your head, OS? It's just bonkers that this is your argument.

And the answer is: this ain't your argument. This is FoxNation's argument, and as usual, you've bought what they are selling you.
Off Topic but worth it!! Scroll down the page!

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=4621
I COMPLETELY forgot that I made that. Nice of CBB to post that memory.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:39 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm Barr also said he wanted to prevent the investigation from leaking during the campaign.
Are you claiming that Barr was micro-managing Weiss' investigation ?
Asked and answered. The Whistleblowers TOLD YOU he did that.

Barr-----Bill freaking Barr-----and I'm telling you for the tenth time.....is the one who STEPPED IN, and moved the investigation away from DC and the IRS, and into Delaware under Weiss' control, with the IRS working with them jointly.

The WB"s TOLD YOU that this was the only time this had ever happened during their careers.

And instead of taking ten second to ask "why"....you brush this off as inconsequential. This slowed everything down, OS.
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 pm You keep trying to blame Barr for Weiss letting the SOL lapse.
Nope. I'm DELIGHTED to blame the IRS for this. They should have pulled the warrants in 2019. A year is PLENTY of time to get cause to pull bank records with two freaking agents working the case full time.

What the heck were they doing for two years if they didn't have Hunter's financial records to review? Answer that question for me. What were they doing? Playing minesweeper 8 hours a day? How the F do you build a tax fraud/evasion case without bank records? It's impossible.
Did the WB's mention Barr by name ? The case was moved to DE because that's where Hunter resided, as well as CA & DC.
Maybe the WB's career experience was not all inclusive. Hunter was a moving target, literally.
Shapley testified that he began investigating Hunter in 2015.
Weiss was appointed the DE US Atty in 2018 (Acting in 2017).
Barr did not become AG until 2019.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Did the WB's mention Barr by name ? The case was moved to DE because that's where Hunter resided, as well as CA & DC.
Yes, mentioned him by name. Doesn't matter why it was moved. It WAS moved...and Bill Barr is the one who did it.
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Maybe the WB's career experience was not all inclusive. Hunter was a moving target, literally.
That makes it worse. No warrants pulled until 2021 ??? You kidding me with this?
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Weiss was appointed the DE US Atty in 2018.
Great. Like I said------stick to blaming the IRS if it makes you happy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:57 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Did the WB's mention Barr by name ? The case was moved to DE because that's where Hunter resided, as well as CA & DC.
Yes, mentioned him by name. Doesn't matter why it was moved. It WAS moved...and Bill Barr is the one who did it.
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Maybe the WB's career experience was not all inclusive. Hunter was a moving target, literally.
That makes it worse. No warrants pulled until 2021 ??? You kidding me with this?
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Weiss was appointed the DE US Atty in 2018.
Great. Like I said------stick to blaming the IRS if it makes you happy.
No -- Barr did not move it. The case was assigned to Weiss in DE in 2018. Barr did not become AG until 2019.

Weiss slow walked it. Not Barr. If Weiss was ready to pull warrants, he'd have done so in Dec 2020, as soon Barr resigned.

Maybe there's as many Biden sympathizers in the IRS as there are in the DoJ.
Did you listen to all of Barr's interview ? He talks about internal partisanship within the Fed bureaucracy.
...& he was a CIA/DoJ lifer, before he was AG.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:03 pm No -- Barr did not move it. The case was assigned to Weiss in DE in 2018. Barr did not become AG until 2019.
Bzzt. Wrong. We've already discussed this. Not only did Barr move it....the WB's COMPLAINED about the move.

Listen for yourself..... go to 1:19:16

https://www.c-span.org/video/?529320-1/ ... ion-part-1
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:11 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:03 pm No -- Barr did not move it. The case was assigned to Weiss in DE in 2018. Barr did not become AG until 2019.
Bzzt. Wrong. We've already discussed this. Not only did Barr move it....the WB's COMPLAINED about the move.

Bzzt. You are wrong. It's been widely reported that Weiss (DE) was assigned the case in 2018. Barr did not become AG until 2019.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... l-counsel/
Weiss began the Hunter Biden investigation into alleged tax crimes in 2018

Have you followed the recent testimony of the CA & DC US Attys ? They both said that Weiss could have done the prosecutions in their districts, out of their offices, with their admin support. They just were not willing to take over the case for Weiss.
The case was a political hot potato. No US Atty wanted to have to do it. No wonder the IRS WB's were frustrated. Weiss couldn't get anyone else to take it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:25 pm

Bzzt. You are wrong. It's been widely reported that Weiss (DE) was assigned the case in 2018. Barr did not become AG until 2019.
That's the DoJ case. Then there's the IRS part. And the FBI part.

Barr stepped in, and merged the IRS and DoJ case, and moved it to DE. And the IRS WB's didn't like this choice.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:29 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:25 pm

That's the DoJ case. Then there's the IRS part. And the FBI part.

Barr stepped in, and merged the IRS and DoJ case, and moved it to DE. And the IRS WB's didn't like this choice.
What US Atty(s) were they working with ? What was the WB's preferred venue or course of action. ? Did Barr personally direct this or was the decision made by an underling. ...so what ? Again, Weiss (DE) had already been assigned the case in 2018.

PAGE 20 YOU LAY OUT ANOTHER CONCERN ABOUT THE BAR ATTORNEY GENERAL BILL BARR CONSOLIDATING THE SERIES OF CASES INTO THE U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE IN DELAWARE. AT THAT POINT YOU SAY WHAT WAS THE WH POTENTIAL ISSUE WITH WORKING THE CASE IN DELAWARE? WE WERE WORKING WITH A SMALL U.S. ATTORNEY'S OFFICE WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE EVER WORKED A CASE OF THIS CALIBER. OF COURSE HE WAS APPOINTED BY DONALD TRUMP, CORRECT?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:36 pm What US Atty(s) were they working with ? What was the WB's preferred venue or course of action. ? Did Barr personally direct this or was the decision made by an underling. ...so what ?
It slowed things down. You're whining about it taking too long....but want to ignore any evidence of WHY it took so long.

You STILL haven't answered the question: What the heck were two full time IRS agents doing for two years, if they didn't have Hunter's financial records on hand?

You have no idea what they were doing, OS. They could have pulled a warrant in 2019, and didn't. Don't you want to know why?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:43 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:36 pm What US Atty(s) were they working with ? What was the WB's preferred venue or course of action. ? Did Barr personally direct this or was the decision made by an underling. ...so what ?
It slowed things down. You're whining about it taking too long....but want to ignore any evidence of WHY it took so long.

You STILL haven't answered the question: What the heck were two full time IRS agents doing for two years, if they didn't have Hunter's financial records on hand?

You have no idea what they were doing, OS. They could have pulled a warrant in 2019, and didn't. Don't you want to know why?
I just looked up that whistleblowers testimony. Weiss was already working the Hunter case when that WB stumbled into it :
Look under Case Initiation on pg 6 & 7 => https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... timony.pdf

The WB does not name Barr. He blames "everyone above me" for merging his new findings with the ongoing investigation in DE.

You're doing the same thing as the weasel congressman in your cspan clip.
Throwing irrelevant sh*t against the wall as a distraction/diversion.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:52 pm

I just looked up that whistleblowers testimony. Weiss was already working the Hunter case when that WB stumbled into it :
Look under Case Initiation on pg 6 & 7 => https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/ ... timony.pdf

The WB does not name Barr. He blames "everyone above me" for merging his new findings with the ongoing investigation in DE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: let it go. Why root so hard?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: It's not a diversion. The Congressman was trying to help you and the rest of the mouthbreathers on TeamTinFoil understand that it's impossible for the Biden Administration to "cover for Joe Biden" when events take place during the Trump Administration.

The whistleblower was complaining about events that took place in 2019, during the Trump Administration, and before Joe was POTUS.

Pretty hard for Weiss to throw his career away to protect a man who (drumroll) isn't the Freaking President.

But hey, why let details like this get between you and that sweet TinFoilHat of yours......
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:09 pm

:lol: It's not a diversion. The Congressman was trying to help you and the rest of the mouthbreathers on TeamTinFoil understand that it's impossible for the Biden Administration to "cover for Joe Biden" when events take place during the Trump Administration.

The whistleblower was complaining about events that took place in 2019, during the Trump Administration, and before Joe was POTUS.

Pretty hard for Weiss to throw his career away to protect a man who (drumroll) isn't the Freaking President.

But hey, why let details like this get between you and that sweet TinFoilHat of yours......
Right. Why should Weiss prosecute ? When Biden was elected, Hunter no longer had to pay back taxes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:40 am
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:09 pm

Right. Why should Weiss prosecute ? When Biden was elected, Hunter no longer had to pay back taxes.
Thats right. Weiss is in on it, and together with Wray, is throwing his career away just so you have a neat-o new conspiracy to talk about.

Keep it up. You'll get your man, Sheriff Old Salt. Any day now.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

New details on the corrupt coverup done for Orange Moron by the odious Billy Barr...

SDNY OBTAINED WARRANT(S) FOR FOREIGN AGENT CHARGES BEFORE JOHN DEMERS REVIEWED THE PERFECT TRANSCRIPT

Donald Trump SHOULD have been impeached and convicted for his (ludicrously described) "perfect phone call", but his DoJ, in the form of the comically corrupt Barr, covered up connections between Trump and and Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman.
Since 9/11, DOJ’s expectation is that when investigators obtain a tip about anything that might pertain to national security, they run it against FBI holdings to see if there’s a known link to any existing investigation.

Had DOJ’s investigators scrutinized the OCCRP story about Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman cited three times in the complaint, had they done searches on all the identifiers implicated by reference in the complaint, they should have found the ongoing investigation into Parnas and Fruman at SDNY. (On review, even the unclassified part of the complaint mentioned people, like Andriy Telizhenko, who were likely the focus of intelligence scrutiny already, though perhaps not yet at FBI.)

But investigators didn’t get the complaint. According to a public confession Kerri Kupec made in September 2019, they got only the call transcript.
“In August, the Department of Justice was referred a matter relating to a letter the director national intelligence had received from the inspector general for the intelligence community regarding a purported whistleblower complaint. The inspector general’s letter cited a conversation between the president and Ukrainian President Zelensky as a potential violation of federal campaign finance law, while acknowledging that neither the inspector general nor the complainant had firsthand knowledge of the conversation,” Kupec said.

Relying on established procedures set forth in the justice manual, the department’s criminal division reviewed the official record of the call and determined based on the facts and applicable law that there was no campaign finance violence [sic] and that no further action was warranted. All relevant components of the department agreed with this legal conclusion, and the department has concluded this matter,” Kupec concluded. [my emphasis]
They didn’t assess the complaint. They assessed the transcript.

That was always a self-evidently corrupt decision — a decision that, if Bill Barr (who definitely knew of the Parnas and Fruman investigation) and Jeffrey Rosen (who likely did) were involved would be provably an effort to prevent investigators from tying the President to Parnas and Fruman.
As time goes on, details emerge about how corrupt Billy Barr's actions were on behalf of his boss.

...and now, he's a "hero" for pointing out OD's corruption...yeah, corruption and outright crime he enabled and covered up while in office.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:46 am New details on the corrupt coverup done for Orange Moron by the odious Billy Barr...

SDNY OBTAINED WARRANT(S) FOR FOREIGN AGENT CHARGES BEFORE JOHN DEMERS REVIEWED THE PERFECT TRANSCRIPT

Donald Trump SHOULD have been impeached and convicted for his (ludicrously described) "perfect phone call", but his DoJ, in the form of the comically corrupt Barr, covered up connections between Trump and and Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman.
Since 9/11, DOJ’s expectation is that when investigators obtain a tip about anything that might pertain to national security, they run it against FBI holdings to see if there’s a known link to any existing investigation.

Had DOJ’s investigators scrutinized the OCCRP story about Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman cited three times in the complaint, had they done searches on all the identifiers implicated by reference in the complaint, they should have found the ongoing investigation into Parnas and Fruman at SDNY. (On review, even the unclassified part of the complaint mentioned people, like Andriy Telizhenko, who were likely the focus of intelligence scrutiny already, though perhaps not yet at FBI.)

But investigators didn’t get the complaint. According to a public confession Kerri Kupec made in September 2019, they got only the call transcript.
“In August, the Department of Justice was referred a matter relating to a letter the director national intelligence had received from the inspector general for the intelligence community regarding a purported whistleblower complaint. The inspector general’s letter cited a conversation between the president and Ukrainian President Zelensky as a potential violation of federal campaign finance law, while acknowledging that neither the inspector general nor the complainant had firsthand knowledge of the conversation,” Kupec said.

Relying on established procedures set forth in the justice manual, the department’s criminal division reviewed the official record of the call and determined based on the facts and applicable law that there was no campaign finance violence [sic] and that no further action was warranted. All relevant components of the department agreed with this legal conclusion, and the department has concluded this matter,” Kupec concluded. [my emphasis]

That was always a self-evidently corrupt decision — a decision that, if Bill Barr (who definitely knew of the Parnas and Fruman investigation) and Jeffrey Rosen (who likely did) were involved would be provably an effort to prevent investigators from tying the President to Parnas and Fruman.
As time goes on, details emerge about how corrupt Billy Barr's actions were on behalf of his boss.

...and now, he's a "hero" for pointing out OD's corruption...yeah, corruption and outright crime he enabled and covered up while in office.

Funny how Barr use to have quite the record for his integrity. One undeniable fact on this forum is you FLP liberal whack jobs are never happy and never satisfied. :D
Is it true that you FLP folks have a tendency to eat your own young? FTR, that a punchline from an old Smothers Brothers routine. So go complain to Tommie and Dick Smothers. It is common knowledge what conservative stalwarts they were back in the day. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:54 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:46 am New details on the corrupt coverup done for Orange Moron by the odious Billy Barr...

Funny how Barr use to have quite the record for his integrity. One undeniable fact on this forum is you FLP liberal whack jobs are never happy and never satisfied. :D
Is it true that you FLP folks have a tendency to eat your own young? FTR, that a punchline from an old Smothers Brothers routine. So go complain to Tommie and Dick Smothers. It is common knowledge what conservative stalwarts they were back in the day. ;)
He’s never had a “record for his integrity.” He’s always been a clean up guy for GOP excesses and crimes. POS.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:54 pm

He’s never had a “record for his integrity.” He’s always been a clean up guy for GOP excesses and crimes. POS.
That isn't what I read about him. What I read said he was well respected by both parties. He was approved unanimously as AG by the Senate Judiciary committee in 1991 as GHWB choice. That kinda speaks for itself counselor. Are you privy to knowledge the judiciary committee didn't have back in 1991? ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”