Newly approved BOO$TER poll

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

Have you taken the Emergency covid "booster" that was approved on Sept. 12 th ?

YES
55%
NO
45%

Total votes: 11

runrussellrun

Newly approved BOO$TER poll

Post by runrussellrun »

Well, the FDA is at it again....approving drugs based on prior "efficasy" and "adver$e event$" of which we do not care.

Have you taken the newly, emergency use only (what emergency ??? ) BOOSTER yet.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
dislaxxic

Re: Newly approved BOO$TER poll

Post by dislaxxic »

i think those over 65, especially, would be STUPID not to get this booster. Got my annual flu shot at the same time, too.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

"unvaccinated" umm "FACTS"

Post by runrussellrun »

Honor Roll. Some "unvaccinated" quotes from posters over the covid pandemic.
'It’s abundantly clear the majority of deaths continue to be among the unvaccinated (20% of Americans are still without even one dose).
Fortunately enough people are vaccinated and boosted such that our health system is no longer in danger of imminent collapse, but the unvaccinated remain a significant cost burden on all the rest of us.
“Still, experts stress that vaccination is the preferable route to immunity, given the risks of Covid, particularly in unvaccinated people.
Vaccines are effective if you’re up-to-date
Vaccines have saved countless lives. However, it’s increasingly clear that those over 50 must be up to date. Today, 1 in 2 deaths among those over 65 had one booster. (While ~5% of adults 65 and older remained unvaccinated, they comprised 22% of deaths—a disproportional amount.) Given that only 29% of older adults have their Fall booster means we have a lot of work to do. (written Nov. 18, 2022 )
I can't see extending amnesty to people whose stated position was basically "I have no sympathy for the unvaccinated. Let them lose their jobs, their health care and their lives if they won't follow the rules.".
For the month of March [2022], “unvaccinated people 12 years and older had 17 times the rate of COVID-associated deaths, compared to people vaccinated with a primary series and a booster dose,” says Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service commander Heather Scobie, deputy team lead for surveillance and analytics at the CDC’s Epidemiology Task Force.* “Unvaccinated people had eight times the rate of death as compared to people who only had a primary series,” suggesting that boosters increase the level of protection.

With numbers like that, you'd have to be a flat earther like Kyrie Irving not to get your shots. ;)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ed-people/ (August, 2022 )
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I have not yet gotten the vaccine (no longer termed a booster by the Feds), but only because it is just becoming available in my area. But I will get it soon.

The risk/reward measures for sensible people is that the vaccine is safer than not having it as far as any truthful information I have gathered.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I'm going to discuss this with my doctor at my annual physical next month because ten days after receiving my most recent booster last November I got binocular double vision that lasted about a month. While my ophthalmologist says it's possible and research isn't conclusive, I believe it was a side effect of the booster as I'd never before had double vision. (See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9503164/)

If my doctor says I'm crazy and I should take it, I'll get the Moderna rather than the Pfizer shot as that last booster was Pfizer and I'd never had that reaction with Moderna's.

And yes, fatty, I did get COVID (last August) after being vaccinated and boostered, but I survived and was over being sick in only around five days.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hoping to go soon. I visit an elderly family member a few days a week and I don’t want to expose the relative or residents to COVID if I can avoid it. I know they may have one foot in the grave but I am not going to push them in.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:58 pm I'm going to discuss this with my doctor at my annual physical next month because ten days after receiving my most recent booster last November I got binocular double vision that lasted about a month. While my ophthalmologist says it's possible and research isn't conclusive, I believe it was a side effect of the booster as I'd never before had double vision. (See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9503164/)

If my doctor says I'm crazy and I should take it, I'll get the Moderna rather than the Pfizer shot as that last booster was Pfizer and I'd never had that reaction with Moderna's.

And yes, fatty, I did get COVID (last August) after being vaccinated and boostered, but I survived and was over being sick in only around five days.
Well that's honest at least. As opposed to your post on the Covid thread targeting and misrepresenting my opinions. But hey, that's SOP with some around these parts.

I avoided mRNA tech all together and went the J&J route. Wasn't happy when the blood clotting issue came up. Months later was happier to hear that the clotting would have occurred within 3-4 weeks of jab if it was going to happen. I came down with Covid one time in Sept 2022 and it was not a big deal in my case.

Was it due to the vaccine?... a milder variant?... fact that I exercise a lot and eat well (despite considerable wine consumption)? :D Probably, all of the above.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.... will get it at the same time I get my flu shot, this weekend.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“Modeling studies have estimated that 1.7 billion people globally (22% of the population) have at least one comorbidity that is associated with an increased risk of developing severe COVID-19 (ref. 5).”

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02156-9

That’s a lot of people…… USA may be higher than the average but that is still 70 million people…..at least.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I will get a booster with my flu shot. Had zero issues with the prior shots. Have not had Covid yet.

Want to be as immune as possible for upcoming indoor gatherings around the holidays. Many of which will include oldsters.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

I'll be getting next week along with the flu shot!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Same, Covid vax and flu shot.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Covid vaccine and flu shot next weekend for me.
Brooklyn

Re: Newly approved BOOSTER poll

Post by Brooklyn »

Will call Dr's # to schedule an appointment for the vax tomorrow.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Wife and I scheduled tomorrow afternoon for flu shots and new version Covid vaccine.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:08 pm Wife and I scheduled tomorrow afternoon for flu shots and new version Covid vaccine.
Holy cow! Can we watch the vid on TikTok?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Has anyone else heard about the FOIA emails that were obtained ?

mostly redacted......."presidential priviledge" IS the claim....but.

But, the emails, which included the usual "health " decision makers, the knowledge of harmful side effects.

The emails, were from 2021 .....more than TWO years ago.
runrussellrun

What the heck....taylor swift

Post by runrussellrun »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Mxy_sWBvg

Most, if not all, drug commercials contain a long list of possible outcomes, for taking the drug.

BUT.....not the fizer booster ???

what gives?

we mean......anal seepage for a drug to lose weight......IS one of the side effect/outcomes.

sheep

Return to “POLITICS”