Golf

General Chatter
DD-Tech

Re: Golf

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:58 am anyone watching the masters?

tuned in just to see last year's replay of finau celebrating a HiO and then dislocated his ankle, popped it back in.
I'm glued to it right now. I picked Tony in my 4majors pool. He was one of the most consistent guys on the tour last year. So far even through 9. Hope he can win one this year.

Got my tickets to the PGA Championship in the mail this week. Finau will be one of the guys we follow that day for sure. He is ready for one!
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

as if it wasnt enough to dislike el tigre already: https://thespun.com/news/tiger-woods-ma ... cks-outfit
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

The GOAT

Last edited by DD-Tech on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Finau is lighting it up today. Just tied the record of 30 on the front nine. Dialed in!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

DD-Tech wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:30 pm The GOAT

ChairmanOfTheBoard

question- do you get a second green jacket? another patch perhaps??? :mrgreen:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm question- do you get a second green jacket? another patch perhaps??? :mrgreen:
Same jacket unless you blow up between wins and need a new size. Tiger looks pretty fit. Don’t think he changed much.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

DD, great win today and of course you’re entitled to your opinion but perhaps you should check out Nicklaus’ wiki page. I was never a Nicklaus fan, I really liked Palmer and Player. However, to me Nicklaus stands alone on top.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

6x6 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:09 pm DD, great win today and of course you’re entitled to your opinion but perhaps you should check out Nicklaus’ wiki page. I was never a Nicklaus fan, I really liked Palmer and Player. However, to me Nicklaus stands alone on top.
I grew up on Jack dominating the back page and the game. No doubt he stands alone, but Tiger’s comeback is nothing less than incredible. That field he won against this week was stacked. Tiger’s got plenty of big wins left in his tank.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

My dad was devoted to Arnie back in the day and kinda hated the whippersnapper Nicklaus coming up and challenging his greatness. Over time, dad came to respect and appreciate Jack on his own terms. A similar dynamic occured years later when Tiger came along. At the end of the day, you just have to respect the talent and skill these players exhibit out there, especially as they are surrounded by SO much similar talent and ambition in the very broad and deep PGA Tour in 2019.

As one TV announcer put it at some point yesterday: "Jack's majors record seems to be back in play". An exciting prospect for fans across the golfing world...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kudos to El Tigre!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ChairmanOfTheBoard

DDT are you at the PGA?

i like seeing spieth back in the mix.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:12 pm DDT are you at the PGA?

i like seeing spieth back in the mix.

I’ll be there Sunday all day. Can’t wait. Hope it’s a shootout right to the last hole. Brooks lit it up today but I am hoping he can’t keep it up. Black is a beast. That was an insane score he shot today.

Would love to see Spieth bounce back from his slump!

Northern Trust playoff 2017... Spieth vs. DJ... that guy in the safari hat look familiar Frank? :lol: Can't wait for Sunday!
Attachments
Spieth.jpg
Spieth.jpg (139.71 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
ChairmanOfTheBoard

yes, that's mickelson taking a photo (he failed to make the cut)

:oops: ;) :) :)
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:26 am yes, that's mickelson taking a photo (he failed to make the cut)

:oops: ;) :) :)
lol forgot about that mickelson impersonation

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”