Does John Danowski Retire On Top If Duke Wins A National Title Within These Next Few Years?

D1 Mens Lacrosse

Does John Danowski Retire On Top If Duke Wins A National Title Within These Next Few Years?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 6

gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

He is still on his game. But he is 69 years-old, and he wouldn't have much else to accomplish.
lowandaway

Re: Does John Danowski Retire On Top If Duke Wins A National Title Within These Next Few Years?

Post by lowandaway »

I think John Danowski retires "on top" regardless of whether his team wins another NC. His ability to right the program in a perilous situation and produced excellence on and off the field is a legacy that does not need to be embellished with additional titles. Oh, and I a 'Hoo who hates Duke :D
youthathletics

Re: Does John Danowski Retire On Top If Duke Wins A National Title Within These Next Few Years?

Post by youthathletics »

Where is the "Who Cares" option in the poll? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

lowandaway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:16 pm I think John Danowski retires "on top" regardless of whether his team wins another NC. His ability to right the program in a perilous situation and produced excellence on and off the field is a legacy that does not need to be embellished with additional titles. Oh, and I a 'Hoo who hates Duke :D
agreed; should be an option in the poll. I don't think it's an "IF", it's just when and that may have nothing to do with Duke's next couple of seasons.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Will his son get the job?
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Danowski's contract ends this year. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been extended already. The last two extensions were announced in June/July of 2013 & 2018.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:18 am Will his son get the job?
this is the only blemish on what I otherwise have to admit has been a stellar career. lowandaway is correct - John Danowski is a good man and coach. But nepotism is not a good look. I get that it is great to be able to work with your son - and that is a great privilege IF you own the company. But last I checked Dano does not, in fact, OWN Duke Lacrosse.....

His legacy is otherwise fine. And this from someone who's kids knew that "Duke is Puke" from a very early age....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”