Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Brown 2024

Post by bearlaxfan »

The Orfling wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:23 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:30 am USAlaxmag way wayyyyyyy early poll has Bruno outside the top 25.
Fortunately at Brown the student/athletes can spell INCENTIVE. Without spellcheck.
I think Brown has some really interesting transfers coming in, as well as a terrific recruiting class. They've got a top talent in goal and as a team they always seem to do better when discounted. What do Bruno fans think will be the situation at FOGO? I'm just an in-league observer, not fully familiar with Brown's pipeline, but that would seem like a question to be answered going into 2024?
Only listed f/o remaining from the '23 roster will be a junior in '24. Went 28 of 59, 47.5% as a soph.
I think I do remember a third guy doing faceoff warmups with Gunty and Sachs as well, but no one else was listed on the '23 roster as faceoff except Gunty & Sachs.
Lacrosse Bucket has an incoming listed, from St Anthony's (NY). 4⭐️ per IL.
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Lacrosse Bucket has an incoming listed, from St Anthony's (NY). 4⭐️ per IL.
Where do you see that? It's not on LB or IL.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Crap, my bad: he's a '24. Here's the info anyway.

https://lacrossebucket.com/brown-recruiting/

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

Here's the '23 4* f/o

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

You're making me do an awful lot of editing! :lol:

Don't know how accurate the following is, from Lacrosse Bucket

Brown 2023 Commits

Name Position High School Commitment Date Signed
Ethan Rubenstein Attack Taft (Conn.) 2/14/2023
Felix Rockefeller Attack Deerfield (Mass.) 9/30/2021
Jackson Wolfram Attack Brunswick (Conn.) 9/28/2021
Matt Bockelmann Defense Rumson-Fair Haven (N.J.) 9/22/2021
Brady O’Sullivan Defense Salisbury (Conn.) 9/21/2021
Quinn Cepiel Midfield Bishop Guertin (N.H.) 9/18/2021
Ben Bavar LSM McDonogh (Md.) 9/12/2021
Henry Brayer Faceoff Torrey Pines (Calif.) 9/10/2021
Connor Foley Goalie Thayer (Mass.) 9/8/2021
Oliver Bligh* Midfield Taft (Conn.) 7/2/2021
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Foley is the real deal....
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Some legacy younger brothers/cousins? coming in recently.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:15 pm Some legacy younger brothers/cousins? coming in recently.
Bligh, Rock and Wolfram for sure..i think all brothers
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Not being included in the Top 25 should provide some great motivation for the Brown Staters - let's go!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I've been sitting on this for a while, sadly can no longer find the feed online.
For the Brown-Penn espn+ post-game sideline interview, the highlight of Brown's season (or maybe the Villanova win) the young woman espn+ sideline reporter asked coach Daly about the nip-and-tuck one goal victory. He responded with one word, "toughness." Turned and walked away. She asked another question to his back, he turned and answered, "toughness." Walked away.
In my interpretation she was nonplussed, IIRC then sent the feed back to the broadcast team.

Now I assume as a sideline reporter for espn+ or whatever contractor- Ivy League broadcasting, Brown, independent contractor etc- does this work for espn, this young woman, probably an intern, deserved better treatment from the Brown head coach. Again, in my interpretation, she was punked. Now whatever occurred between the Brown lacrosse club and the university administration this year, I'm pretty damn sure she was not involved in the decision. While the game feed was available I watched the interview several times, and I don't think I'm misinterpreting. Disappointing.
Anyone else see this? Am I way off base?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:35 am I've been sitting on this for a while, sadly can no longer find the feed online.
For the Brown-Penn espn+ post-game sideline interview, the highlight of Brown's season (or maybe the Villanova win) the young woman espn+ sideline reporter asked coach Daly about the nip-and-tuck one goal victory. He responded with one word, "toughness." Turned and walked away. She asked another question to his back, he turned and answered, "toughness." Walked away.
In my interpretation she was nonplussed, IIRC then sent the feed back to the broadcast team.

Now I assume as a sideline reporter for espn+ or whatever contractor- Ivy League broadcasting, Brown, independent contractor etc- does this work for espn, this young woman, probably an intern, deserved better treatment from the Brown head coach. Again, in my interpretation, she was punked. Now whatever occurred between the Brown lacrosse club and the university administration this year, I'm pretty damn sure she was not involved in the decision. While the game feed was available I watched the interview several times, and I don't think I'm misinterpreting. Disappointing.
Anyone else see this? Am I way off base?
I think you are reading way too much into this.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

In keeping with Brown's "anyone, anywhere, anytime" credo the team will travel to Md. next March on two consecutive weekends to take on Georgetown and Maryland....involved in scrimmages at Rutgers on Feb 17, 2024....J. Keogh, one of Brown's highest achievers on the field and after graduating (Chubb) will take over the reins of the Lacrosse organization supporting the program - excellent choice......two tfers arrived this fall to bolster depth....lot of playing time on defense by many freshmen last season expected to pay dividends this spring...some 4 goalies in play this coming spring with the "Peoples' Goalie" looking to bounce back from (for him) a less than stellar 2023 spring ( offense had been hoped to take pressure off a very young backline - didn't happen)...opening game with Q on Feb 24......Navy Seal training and program review this past weekend was found to be excellent on all counts - no one drowned in Brown's pool....new Operations Coordinator selected to round out the coaching staff......alum Starsia and his best recruit, Manhasset's Keogh, will be mentoring at Brown this month.........all positive on the Brown front as reported in an open forum last nite....Coach Daly proud of his daughter's matriculation starting this fall at Brown (in lieu of his alma mater, Tufts).....FO a work in progress.......looks to establish lacrosse as Brown's flagship, national program....is happy with recruiting in finding matches with those who want Brown and those Brown wants....another 4 star committed goalie in the wings for '25 ....Brown can legitimately consider itself to be Goalie U. over many decades at this point....facilities, including a pending Fieldhouse, will match or exceed all Ivy competitors.....and most of the rest.....team highly achieved last year academically, as reported.....new AD has been instrumental in enhancing all facets of the program - she having been appointed to assure Brown being as competitive as any of its opposition forevermore....
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

In keeping with Brown's "anyone, anywhere, anytime" credo the team will travel to Md. next March on two consecutive weekends to take on Georgetown and Maryland....involved in scrimmages at Rutgers on Feb 17, 2024....J. Keogh, one of Brown's highest achievers on the field and after graduating (Chubb) will take over the reins of the Lacrosse organization supporting the program - excellent choice......two tfers arrived this fall to bolster depth....lot of playing time on defense by many freshmen last season expected to pay dividends this spring...some 4 goalies in play this coming spring with the "Peoples' Goalie" looking to bounce back from (for him) a less than stellar 2023 spring ( offense had been hoped to take pressure off a very young backline - didn't happen)...opening game with Q on Feb 24......Navy Seal training and program review this past weekend was found to be excellent on all counts - no one drowned in Brown's pool....new Operations Coordinator selected to round out the coaching staff......alum Starsia and his best recruit, Manhasset's Keogh, will be mentoring at Brown this month.........all positive on the Brown front as reported in an open forum last nite....Coach Daly proud of his daughter's matriculation starting this fall at Brown (in lieu of his alma mater, Tufts).....FO a work in progress.......looks to establish lacrosse as Brown's flagship, national program....is happy with recruiting in finding matches with those who want Brown and those Brown wants....another 4 star committed goalie in the wings for '25 ....Brown can legitimately consider itself to be Goalie U. over many decades at this point....facilities, including a pending Fieldhouse, will match or exceed all Ivy competitors.....and most of the rest.....team highly achieved last year academically, as reported.....new AD has been instrumental in enhancing all facets of the program - she having been appointed to assure Brown being as competitive as any of its opposition forevermore....
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Counselor wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:55 am In keeping with Brown's "anyone, anywhere, anytime" credo the team will travel to Md. next March on two consecutive weekends to take on Georgetown and Maryland....involved in scrimmages at Rutgers on Feb 17, 2024....J. Keogh, one of Brown's highest achievers on the field and after graduating (Chubb) will take over the reins of the Lacrosse organization supporting the program - excellent choice......two tfers arrived this fall to bolster depth....lot of playing time on defense by many freshmen last season expected to pay dividends this spring...some 4 goalies in play this coming spring with the "Peoples' Goalie" looking to bounce back from (for him) a less than stellar 2023 spring ( offense had been hoped to take pressure off a very young backline - didn't happen)...opening game with Q on Feb 24......Navy Seal training and program review this past weekend was found to be excellent on all counts - no one drowned in Brown's pool....new Operations Coordinator selected to round out the coaching staff......alum Starsia and his best recruit, Manhasset's Keogh, will be mentoring at Brown this month.........all positive on the Brown front as reported in an open forum last nite....Coach Daly proud of his daughter's matriculation starting this fall at Brown (in lieu of his alma mater, Tufts).....FO a work in progress.......looks to establish lacrosse as Brown's flagship, national program....is happy with recruiting in finding matches with those who want Brown and those Brown wants....another 4 star committed goalie in the wings for '25 ....Brown can legitimately consider itself to be Goalie U. over many decades at this point....facilities, including a pending Fieldhouse, will match or exceed all Ivy competitors.....and most of the rest.....team highly achieved last year academically, as reported.....new AD has been instrumental in enhancing all facets of the program - she having been appointed to assure Brown being as competitive as any of its opposition forevermore....
Excellent update Counselor!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

https://www.brown.edu/news/2023-10-10/a ... -architect

New indoor field turf facility to replace Meister-Kavan, in M-K's existing loc, for all field teams' bad weather practice & general use. No spectator seating.
Much needed, & hope whoever is in charge of scheduling is very 'zen'!😉

Let's go alums: "what, no frostbite?! Back in my day..."
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:18 am https://www.brown.edu/news/2023-10-10/a ... -architect

New indoor field turf facility to replace Meister-Kavan, in M-K's existing loc, for all field teams' bad weather practice & general use. No spectator seating.

Is the Meister-Kavan field the current practice field adjacent to the lacrosse/soccer stadium? So they would keep the current stadium and just add an indoor facility.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Brownlax wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:10 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:18 am https://www.brown.edu/news/2023-10-10/a ... -architect

Is the Meister-Kavan field the current practice field adjacent to the lacrosse/soccer stadium? So they would keep the current stadium and just add an indoor facility.
Here's the link. Scroll down.

https://www.brown.edu/facilities/sites/ ... 212-LR.pdf
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

bearlaxfan wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:19 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:10 pm

Here's the link. Scroll down. No change to current stadium.

https://www.brown.edu/facilities/sites/ ... 212-LR.pdf
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Brown women's 2024 roster up, & full fall schedule. Maybe put whoever does their website in charge of the men's!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Nice win for Brown football! Starting to claw their way out of the trough they've been in 🤞🏻

Any reports on the Alumni game? Any of the frosh identifiable? Any alums leave on crutches?
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

After Saturday's game against Team Israel the coach of TI spoke to both teams for about 15 minutes. Does anyone know what he said to the boys?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I think it's the Cornell thread that said their Ivy league schedule has changed. Opponent order has been the same since about 2007. Interested to see what the new schedule looks like.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”