D2 Mens Lacrosse
Doxology

Trouble at Tampa?

Post by Doxology »

Leonard Washington

Re: Trouble at Tampa?

Post by Leonard Washington »

If all iof this is true, then where do you even begin :?:
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

The article is from March. Has anything happened since then? IS there word of an investigation or anything?
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

If true...WILD
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

...yikes...
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

To me this looks like a jaded former assistant who has an axe to grind. In looking him up he only has 3 years collegiate coaching experience which was at Tampa. If I were Coach Clarke coming in, I would see no reason to keep him on staff. Now in terms of the Whipple stuff, who knows. Either way we wont be talking about this in a few weeks.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Strange, Whipple being physical with staff or players before, I am shocked. (insert sarcastic emoji here)

Jaded former assistants don't file suits against coaches or departments if they want to stay in the business. This guy either doesn't know that or feels very strongly about his case.
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

sguy9 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:38 pm Strange, Whipple being physical with staff or players before, I am shocked. (insert sarcastic emoji here)

Jaded former assistants don't file suits against coaches or departments if they want to stay in the business. This guy either doesn't know that or feels very strongly about his case.
LI_Lax14 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:28 am To me this looks like a jaded former assistant who has an axe to grind. In looking him up he only has 3 years collegiate coaching experience which was at Tampa. If I were Coach Clarke coming in, I would see no reason to keep him on staff. Now in terms of the Whipple stuff, who knows. Either way we wont be talking about this in a few weeks.

Not sure how deep you guys read but there is some stuff about JB as well that wasn't very flattering either . . . In other words, it's not all just Whipple (allegedly).
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I have known JB Clarke for 20 years. I have seen him recruit, coach, mentor, and advise numerous student athletes of color during that time. The allegations by Mr. Derr are defamatory and grossly inaccurate. JB Clarke is a man of high character who was elected by his peers at all three divisions to serve as the President of the IMLCA. Bigots don't get elected to those positions. Congratulations, Mr. Derr, on lighting your coaching career on fire.

The allegations in the lawsuit read like an article on The Onion. Pathetic.
Leonard Washington

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:27 pm Bigots don't get elected to those positions.
I'm sorry what? :?: :?: :?:

While I do understand your frustration and passion for this subject and Coach Clarke (a man who I have had plenty of positive interactions with myself over these years), there is a rhyme and reason for the lawsuit from Mr. Derr and why he included the things he did. Could he be embellishing parts of this, possibly. It does appear A long way to go for someone with an axe to grind. Then again, certain individuals have been known to try and burn the whole place down during/once they leave. A number of people thought they knew Jon Gruden pretty well before his emails came out. PJ Kavanaugh , while thinking he was educating and teaching (to a larger group) did go off the rails with what he was saying. Ignorance is no defense. Whether we agree with the lawsuit or not, let's see what comes out as none of us were there (unless someone on the board is Rory or JB himself). The Whipple stuff (versions of it) can be traced back as far as the early 90s and his time at Hartwick.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

Whipple was known by everyone as a bad apple, but I think he was able to hide at UT for a while because his assistant coach was Chris Burdick who is widely known as the biggest jerk in the sport. His time at Providence and the horror stories are talked about everywhere. 10 years of students who absolutely loathed him.

That being said, I think Derr needed some 2023 BS in his lawsuit so he needed to call someone a racist, insert JB Clark. I think everyone knows JB is a really good guy and Whipple isn't. Just my two cents.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:35 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:27 pm Bigots don't get elected to those positions.
I'm sorry what? :?: :?: :?:

While I do understand your frustration and passion for this subject and Coach Clarke (a man who I have had plenty of positive interactions with myself over these years), there is a rhyme and reason for the lawsuit from Mr. Derr and why he included the things he did. Could he be embellishing parts of this, possibly. It does appear A long way to go for someone with an axe to grind. Then again, certain individuals have been known to try and burn the whole place down during/once they leave. A number of people thought they knew Jon Gruden pretty well before his emails came out. PJ Kavanaugh , while thinking he was educating and teaching (to a larger group) did go off the rails with what he was saying. Ignorance is no defense. Whether we agree with the lawsuit or not, let's see what comes out as none of us were there (unless someone on the board is Rory or JB himself). The Whipple stuff (versions of it) can be traced back as far as the early 90s and his time at Hartwick.
The point I was making was…Folks like Richie Meade have held that position in the past. It’s one that is earned by having the utmost respect from your peers.

Bottom line that quote reads like some thing from Info Wars. I can’t fathom those words ever coming out of his mouth.
Leonard Washington

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:25 pm
The point I was making was…Folks like Richie Meade have held that position in the past. It’s one that is earned by having the utmost respect from your peers.

Bottom line that quote reads like some thing from Info Wars. I can’t fathom those words ever coming out of his mouth.
I understand your point. And if we are going to just talk about JB and not Whipple or Marfise, so be it. I do know the nuts and bolts of how IMLCA voting works, more than you can fathom that I do lol. That being said, ihistory has taught us when you have a mix of a position of power, plus privilege, nothing is surprising.

Has JB earned the benefit of the doubt, probably. If true, could it be more Steve Harvey and Shaquille O'Neal as opposed to Azalea Banks and Donald Sterling; possibly. Bottom line is, if the statement(s) are not true, I'm pretty sure Mr. Clarke may have a case he can file on his own. If the statement (s) are true, most will just say "meh" and probably not blink another eye unless Tampa does an "overhaul and full investigation" as the report says may happen. Time will tell I guess.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”