~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: ~Loyola University Greyhounds 2024~

Post by kramerica.inc »

Loyola sticks to its roster numbers and recruiting schedule. "50 lockers" is the mantra. It's a way to ensure your staff is entirely focused on building/recruiting a tight roster, and developing the kids you have. It's an easy way not to be bullied into taking kids at the request of every opinionated alumni and donor. But it also means you miss out on some kids from time to time too.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:30 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 am
Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:30 pm Four star Hugh Brown in transfer portal per Inside Lacrosse. He missed this entire year with a back injury. Really thought this kid could be an asset to the Hounds. Good size and speed. Wonder what happened? Maybe he saw writing on the wall with the success of guys like Haberman and Murphy as well as guys like McGorry and Sullivan returning from injuries which resulted in them red shirting last year. Big log jam at middie with hounds.
i can tell you what happened, but no one on this board wants to hear it.
I’d love to hear it.
Contributors here never like to hear negative comments about the program. In order to grow and get better, sometimes you need to look at the negative.

From what I was told it has to do with the culture and the lack of development offensively. Players who walk off the field if practice because it is too difficult, and no consequences. Behavior off the field. No offensive adjustments, played the same players, no opportunities. Saw that there would be no changes with Van Arsdale.

There is a reason offensive players in the portal are not flocking to Ridley. Defense yes, solid coaching with Dwan and Toomey

All things that have discussed on this forum.
Yes I have heard and read similar things. The buck stops with Charley but that seems to be the culture.

Help me remember- What defensive transfers have the hounds gotten besides Mustang Sally?
Offensively I can think of Riley Seay, who had a nice career for the Hounds and was team captain as a senior.
Hopefully Brown can finally get over that back injury and find a spot where he has a better chance to contribute.
Hughes transferred in from Mercer. He wasn't so :lol: bad.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:30 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Exlaxbro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:18 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:50 am
Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:30 pm Four star Hugh Brown in transfer portal per Inside Lacrosse. He missed this entire year with a back injury. Really thought this kid could be an asset to the Hounds. Good size and speed. Wonder what happened? Maybe he saw writing on the wall with the success of guys like Haberman and Murphy as well as guys like McGorry and Sullivan returning from injuries which resulted in them red shirting last year. Big log jam at middie with hounds.
i can tell you what happened, but no one on this board wants to hear it.
I’d love to hear it.
Contributors here never like to hear negative comments about the program. In order to grow and get better, sometimes you need to look at the negative.

From what I was told it has to do with the culture and the lack of development offensively. Players who walk off the field if practice because it is too difficult, and no consequences. Behavior off the field. No offensive adjustments, played the same players, no opportunities. Saw that there would be no changes with Van Arsdale.

There is a reason offensive players in the portal are not flocking to Ridley. Defense yes, solid coaching with Dwan and Toomey

All things that have discussed on this forum.
Yes I have heard and read similar things. The buck stops with Charley but that seems to be the culture.

Help me remember- What defensive transfers have the hounds gotten besides Mustang Sally?
Offensively I can think of Riley Seay, who had a nice career for the Hounds and was team captain as a senior.
Hopefully Brown can finally get over that back injury and find a spot where he has a better chance to contribute.
Hughes transferred in from Mercer. He wasn't so :lol: bad.
Haha. He did turn out ok. I will miss watching him play. I loved his game.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:29 am Loyola sticks to its roster numbers and recruiting schedule. "50 lockers" is the mantra. It's a way to ensure your staff is entirely focused on building/recruiting a tight roster, and developing the kids you have. It's an easy way not to be bullied into taking kids at the request of every opinionated alumni and donor. But it also means you miss out on some kids from time to time too.
On the topic of recruiting and scheduling I’ve heard whispers that their 2024 class is really really large. I think almost 16 kids coming in

Schedule wise, I’ve heard that they might add 1-2 more ACC teams back into the field and reduce the # of scrimmages to offset it
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Never should have dropped Syracuse in the first place. That was always a great game.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:51 pm Never should have dropped Syracuse in the first place. That was always a great game.
Kram, what big name schools were on the schedule when you were on the team?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:45 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:51 pm Never should have dropped Syracuse in the first place. That was always a great game.
Kram, what big name schools were on the schedule when you were on the team?
Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Towson, Syracuse, Hopkins were the big regular season games.
Delaware, Hobart, Brown, Umass, Hofstra, Ohio State, Villanova and Fairfield were the schedule fillers.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Would love to see the Hounds go after Anthoony Ghobriel from Navy who just entered the transfer portal. Last year as a sophomore he won 60% of his draws. FOGO and wing play cost us a ton of games last year. They’ve added a LSM. Maybe Toomey’s Navy connection gets him another military transfer (Cole Erickson SSDM last year)
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:24 am Would love to see the Hounds go after Anthoony Ghobriel from Navy who just entered the transfer portal. Last year as a sophomore he won 60% of his draws. FOGO and wing play cost us a ton of games last year. They’ve added a LSM. Maybe Toomey’s Navy connection gets him another military transfer (Cole Erickson SSDM last year)
I thought if kids transfer between PL schools, they have to sit out a year?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:36 am
Formerhound wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:24 am Would love to see the Hounds go after Anthoony Ghobriel from Navy who just entered the transfer portal. Last year as a sophomore he won 60% of his draws. FOGO and wing play cost us a ton of games last year. They’ve added a LSM. Maybe Toomey’s Navy connection gets him another military transfer (Cole Erickson SSDM last year)
I thought if kids transfer between PL schools, they have to sit out a year?
Cole Erickson transferred in from Army last year and played without sitting out.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Rumor has it the team might try to get one or two of the following:

delaware,
Villanova
One Ivy,
UNC/UVA back onto the mix for OOC

I am not entirely sure if Rutgers will be back on as they only signed the 4 year game agreement after the 2018 season
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Some light news:

Hounds got a late 2023 commit in Marek Seaman, I believe he was a former army commmit and now he’s coming here.

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/men ... sse/roster

Also the 2024 roster is up very very early. Some guys changed their numbers, and a lot of the 2023 seniors are back as grad students sans Calder, Colton and Chris cottone.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

MAREK SEAMAN, West Chester Rustin – The Golden Knights’ all-time leader in goals (176) and assists (97), Seaman is a three-time All-League and All State honoree. With 58 goals and 43 assists during his senior year, he added All America to his accolades, both as a player and as a student. A true two-way midfielder, Seaman has signed to play Division I lacrosse at Loyola (Md.). “Has been a focal point of opposing defenses since he was a sophomore,” said his coach Kevin Philibin. “He is great in transition and on the wings.”
Good pick up.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:57 pm Some light news:

Hounds got a late 2023 commit in Marek Seaman, I believe he was a former army commmit and now he’s coming here.

Also the 2024 roster is up very very early. Some guys changed their numbers, and a lot of the 2023 seniors are back as grad students sans Calder, Colton and Chris cottone.
Any chance we can see a rope unit of Ricky Savage (to bad it isn’t Randy’s son though I know the name is actually Poffo) and Mustang Sally.

Nobody’s getting past Savage Sally!

And my son thanks Adam Poitras for coming back for our fantasy league.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 am

Any chance we can see a rope unit of Ricky Savage (to bad it isn’t Randy’s son though I know the name is actually Poffo) and Mustang Sally.

To be honest, a rope unit of mustang sally, Ricky savage and Remington Reynolds would have to be absolute #1 ranked unit on just names alone. That is ELITE 😂
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

houndace1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:44 am

To be honest, a rope unit of mustang sally, Ricky savage and Remington Reynolds would have to be absolute #1 ranked unit on just names alone. That is ELITE 😂
Yes on the names….but Reynolds is not going to be playing SSDM. He left Rutgers because he was mad they moved him from LSM.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:06 am

MAREK SEAMAN, West Chester Rustin – The Golden Knights’ all-time leader in goals (176) and assists (97), Seaman is a three-time All-League and All State honoree. With 58 goals and 43 assists during his senior year, he added All America to his accolades, both as a player and as a student. A true two-way midfielder, Seaman has signed to play Division I lacrosse at Loyola (Md.). “Has been a focal point of opposing defenses since he was a sophomore,” said his coach Kevin Philibin. “He is great in transition and on the wings.”
Good pick up.
Fantastic pick up. Kid is a game changer.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Houndfan73 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:36 pm
houndace1 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:44 am

Yes on the names….but Reynolds is not going to be playing SSDM. He left Rutgers because he was mad they moved him from LSM.
a "rope unit" is considered an lsm and 2 ssdms in its base definition.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

From Lacrosse Reference Twitter Acct. It seems that unbiased outsiders have seen the same things that I have commented about.

2/ The offensive performance for Loyola remained relatively stagnant from the 2022 season to the 2023 season. Their efficiency decreased slightly from 31.6% in 2022 (27th nationally) to 31.5% in 2023 (32nd nationally).
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
3/ The main contributor to this decline was a decrease in shooting efficiency, which dropped from 38.6% in 2022 (33rd nationally) to 37.6% in 2023 (40th nationally).
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
4/ The lack of improvement in offensive output hindered Loyola's ability to make significant strides in their overall performance.
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference

acrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
5/ On the defensive end, Loyola showed improvement with a decreased opponent's efficiency of 28.6% in 2023 (27th nationally) compared to 30.3% in 2022 (47th nationally).
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
6/ The key driving factor behind this improvement was the decrease in opponent's shooting efficiency, which dropped from 37.0% in 2022 (31st nationally) to 35.5% in 2023 (16th nationally). This was clearly the bright spot and something to build on for next year.
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
7/ In terms of possession margin, Loyola faced significant challenges with a per-game possession margin of -3.9 in 2023 (60th nationally) compared to +4.9 in 2022 (13th nationally).
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
8/ The decrease in possession margin was attributed to a substantial drop in faceoff win rate, which fell from 56.5% in 2022 (15th nationally) to 42.3% in 2023 (61st nationally).
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
9/ The struggles at the faceoff X limited Loyola's offensive chances, compounding the effects of the decline in that unit's effectiveness.
Lacrosse Reference
@laxreference
·
2h
10/ Despite some improvements in defensive efficiency and opponent's shooting efficiency, Loyola had a lackluster season overall.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

thatsmell wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:17 am
10stone5 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:06 am

Good pick up.
Fantastic pick up. Kid is a game changer.
Looking forward to a real good year this year from the Hounds, thatsmell.

Seaman - a top SE PA recruit - was a top 100 NLF rated recruit when originally heading to Army,

https://nlfrankings.com/player/marek-seaman/

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”