MIAA 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
jlibcon

Re: MIAA 2023

Post by jlibcon »

Congrats to Hope, complete reversal of first game. Hope is well coached, they played a flawless game. Albion loses a lot of production next year, Hope has to be the early favorite.
berryjames

Post by berryjames »

jlibcon wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:24 pm Congrats to Hope, complete reversal of first game. Hope is well coached, they played a flawless game. Albion loses a lot of production next year, Hope has to be the early favorite.
I agree that Hope has to be the favorite, but does Albion return anyone any 5th years? I assume Conley has used up all his eligibility but some of the others could return.
jlibcon

Post by jlibcon »

Pulsevic will not be back as of now and Conley has 1 more year of eligibility due to Covid but will not use it, he is getting married and moving. Not sure if any other Seniors are returning but the two afore mentioned contributed over 200 points combined, a lot to replace. They have some good young players and won’t be an easy out.
lax13

Post by lax13 »

Anyone have any insight into the Alma coaching or team situation? Hoping that this isn't a sign that they won't be around. The Cabrini situation, while different, makes me wonder about the level of institutional support available at MIAA schools. Not sure about the financial health of MIAA schools as a whole or if this may be an issue at Alma.
Argyle23

Post by Argyle23 »

lax13 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:02 pm Anyone have any insight into the Alma coaching or team situation? Hoping that this isn't a sign that they won't be around. The Cabrini situation, while different, makes me wonder about the level of institutional support available at MIAA schools. Not sure about the financial health of MIAA schools as a whole or if this may be an issue at Alma.
I can’t speak on the academics or financial health of the college (tho their 2021 YE Form 990 passes the sniff test), but I have heard through the grapevine that MLax has/will continue to struggle until the AD fully supports the coach and the program. This was one of the main pain points with Olivet.

I’m also guessing that location is a difficult hurdle as it takes ~3 hours to get to the Indiana and Ohio boarder for OOC games.

If all else fails, bring back Kinney 😂
lax13

Post by lax13 »

Argyle23 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:11 pm
lax13 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:02 pm Anyone have any insight into the Alma coaching or team situation? Hoping that this isn't a sign that they won't be around. The Cabrini situation, while different, makes me wonder about the level of institutional support available at MIAA schools. Not sure about the financial health of MIAA schools as a whole or if this may be an issue at Alma.
I can’t speak on the academics or financial health of the college (tho their 2021 YE Form 990 passes the sniff test), but I have heard through the grapevine that MLax has/will continue to struggle until the AD fully supports the coach and the program. This was one of the main pain points with Olivet.

I’m also guessing that location is a difficult hurdle as it takes ~3 hours to get to the Indiana and Ohio boarder for OOC games.

If all else fails, bring back Kinney 😂
I figured it might be institutional support. Seems to fit.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”