Streaming of NCAA games

D2 Mens Lacrosse
HoundsDad

Streaming of NCAA games

Post by HoundsDad »

Looking at UIndy/Wingate. Nothingposted on Wingate site yet. I know they use the pay site Flo live but only see the semi finals on the site, nothing about the May 10th game. Go Hounds. Thanks
RedFromMI

Re: Streaming of NCAA games

Post by RedFromMI »

HoundsDad wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:49 am Looking at UIndy/Wingate. Nothingposted on Wingate site yet. I know they use the pay site Flo live but only see the semi finals on the site, nothing about the May 10th game. Go Hounds. Thanks
To stream a playoff game, explicit permission must be sought from the NCAA (with Turner given right of refusal). Broadcast must be free to viewers.

So Wingate may not yet have gotten the permission stuff/how to get Flo to make it free stuff worked out yet.
HoundsDad

Post by HoundsDad »

thank you for the response, what is odd is FLO Sports does have the May 14th game listed on the schedule. I will wait to see what they come up with.
HoundsDad

Post by HoundsDad »

We were just informed the stream will be on youtube for UIndy /Wingate
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The Sunday game at Limestone will be a pay to view (you will have to sign up for Flo for at least one month I believe) as I had forgotten about the option to have a commercial entity pay the NCAA to allow them to broadcast. That is apparently what will be happening.
BirdsEyeView

Post by BirdsEyeView »

Okay…let me get this straight…even if I’m a current subscriber to FloSports, I’d still have to pay ??? I’m a bit lost 😞
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

BirdsEyeView wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:58 pm Okay…let me get this straight…even if I’m a current subscriber to FloSports, I’d still have to pay ??? I’m a bit lost 😞
No - if you have a membership with FloSports, you have already paid.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

All live streams of NCAA postseason games by the schools are required to be free.
BirdsEyeView

Post by BirdsEyeView »

leeatu wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:18 am All live streams of NCAA postseason games by the schools are required to be free.

Very confusing…sorry. Wingate, like Limestone, has broadcast their games this year via the pay subscription services of FloSports yet on Wednesday Wingate will utilize YouTube to keep viewers from paying ??? Again…I’m lost
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Wingate vs Uindy link-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDSAu0gRsTI

I'd like to see Uindy win this game, but wouldn't be surprised if Wingate does.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

leeatu wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:18 am All live streams of NCAA postseason games by the schools are required to be free.
No.

If it is directly put on by the institution only it is, but for a commercial provider like FloSports, there is a fee based option to broadcast (if given permission) which not only allows for the pay access but in addition commercial advertising.

As an example, a local commercial radio station could ask to provide a radio broadcast for one of these games, pay the fee, and then broadcast like they would a normal event.

Think D1 and appearances on ESPNU...

Additionally, for the past several years the semifinal broadcasts have been put on by Turner or their designees - the institutions hosting have not been involved.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I have just received word from my contacts at Limestone that the game will _not_ be streamed on Flo, but will appear on the ncaa.com website instead. So it _will_ be free to all viewers...
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

https://www.ncaa.com/video/lacrosse-men ... ction-show

Upcoming games aren't on here yet, but this link will be good for the upcoming games.
HoundsDad

Post by HoundsDad »

Thanks for the information, is there an App for this stream so someone using a Roku and access to watch? I looked but did not see one.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

HoundsDad wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:23 pm Thanks for the information, is there an App for this stream so someone using a Roku and access to watch? I looked but did not see one.
Unfortunately, not. I have the same problem on my Smart TV. I usually just screenshare from my phone/computer. Probably the best bet.
HoundsDad

Post by HoundsDad »

OK, thanks. It is tough as I set up the streaming for grandparents who are not very proficient with technology so the apps work well. I see LImestone has a watch link on the schedule but it directed me to Youtube. Link is not active so may be an old link.
It is interesting how all the conferences have apps to watch, but the NCAA just uses the site.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

HoundsDad wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm OK, thanks. It is tough as I set up the streaming for grandparents who are not very proficient with technology so the apps work well. I see LImestone has a watch link on the schedule but it directed me to Youtube. Link is not active so may be an old link.
It is interesting how all the conferences have apps to watch, but the NCAA just uses the site.
Oh gotcha, Let me look around and see if I can find an alternative for us. I much rather not stream through my phone/computer. I'll try and get back to you before Saturday.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

HoundsDad wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm OK, thanks. It is tough as I set up the streaming for grandparents who are not very proficient with technology so the apps work well. I see LImestone has a watch link on the schedule but it directed me to Youtube. Link is not active so may be an old link.
The link now on Limestone's site will work. It is to youtube in the Limestone Saints channel. There may be an alternate link at ncaa.com as well, but that has not yet been fleshed out.

Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-TekKLIfJ4
HoundsDad

Post by HoundsDad »

Perfect, it works now. Thank you Looking forward to a great game! Go Hounds!
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

Lucky D2 doesn't get Carc, Anish and Quint as announcers. :D
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”