Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by GreyingHound »

Formerhound wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:37 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:11 pm Mcgorry, Hugh brown and Jacob Sullivan all coming back from injury should help bolster the midfield a bit. Lineup changes and discussions always welcome!

Heuston lindsay and higgins are the 1st line after this season. Once higgins recovers from his nagging injuries I really hope and think he will consistently produce. The team is not only going to need outside shooters not named Joey kamish, but they’re going to need speed. Ryan mcgorry and Brown have the shoot strength and speed, while Sullivan has slippery moves.

2nd line- Murphy? Cote? Binney earned more PT after today
I think Murphy regressed big time this year. Cote played very little. I see Binney, Kamish and McGorry as second line middies. I see Haberman and McCullough backing up the attack group. Haberman could challenge for second line middie but he also regressed this year. It’s a long season and these freshmen who looked so good early really did nothing as season progressed. Even Minicus looked spent the last few games. It’s not a sprint. Hopefully Brown and Sullivan come back. Brown had bad back I heard and Sullivan was ACL. McGorry practiced fully at season end so he should be healthy.

Need to figure out FOGO as well as DMid and close. Bean, Fairy, Houlihan and Roman should be solid on D. Wasn’t impressed with Erickson as a d-mid. Too many turnovers. Thought Callahan played well when he got the chance but he is small. Sally and Sherwood along with McGillicudy will all be back.

If we can get good FOGO play next year team will be fine.
I expect Erickson will develop. I was very critical of McGillicuddy's play last year when he converted to SSDM, but he's doing great now. Sometimes I see that #6 jersey and forget it's not Benus out there anymore. Sally also was a bit inconsistent when he first arrived, and look at him now. I think this staff does an amazing job at developing SSDMs.

Regarding middies, I would love to see Dixon finally get healthy. He has had the worst luck imaginable - illness, then broken jaw, then badly sprained ankle.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

houndace1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:42 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:11 pm Mcgorry, Hugh brown and Jacob Sullivan all coming back from injury should help bolster the midfield a bit. Lineup changes and discussions always welcome!

Heuston lindsay and higgins are the 1st line after this season. Once higgins recovers from his nagging injuries I really hope and think he will consistently produce. The team is not only going to need outside shooters not named Joey kamish, but they’re going to need speed. Ryan mcgorry and Brown have the shoot strength and speed, while Sullivan has slippery moves.

I think Murphy regressed big time this year. Cote played very little. I see Binney, Kamish and McGorry as second line middies. I see Haberman and McCullough backing up the attack group. Haberman could challenge for second line middie but he also regressed this year. It’s a long season and these freshmen who looked so good early really did nothing as season progressed. Even Minicus looked spent the last few games. It’s not a sprint. Hopefully Brown and Sullivan come back. Brown had bad back I heard and Sullivan was ACL. McGorry practiced fully at season end so he should be healthy.

Need to figure out FOGO as well as DMid and close. Bean, Fairy, Houlihan and Roman should be solid on D. Wasn’t impressed with Erickson as a d-mid. Too many turnovers. Thought Callahan played well when he got the chance but he is small. Sally and Sherwood along with McGillicudy will all be back.

So 3 seniors are coming back, who else? I’d have to think that poitras James and kamish are all back to get one last chance at a PL title right?

I was only going off of freshman this year given how they played. Sometimes freshman players hit a wall in this grueling sport. I expect the staff to fully evaluate who they have in their exit meetings and challenge the guys to get better. They have the makings of a good team, they just need to shore up some positions that are in need right now.
Actually forgot about Heuston. He’s definitely playing a ton next year as a middie if he also returns for fifth year. Lots of talent in the midfield. Let’s see if Van get get production. Seemed like guys didn’t get into any type of rhythm this year.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Formerhound wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:51 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:42 pm

So 3 seniors are coming back, who else? I’d have to think that poitras James and kamish are all back to get one last chance at a PL title right?

I was only going off of freshman this year given how they played. Sometimes freshman players hit a wall in this grueling sport. I expect the staff to fully evaluate who they have in their exit meetings and challenge the guys to get better. They have the makings of a good team, they just need to shore up some positions that are in need right now.
Actually forgot about Heuston. He’s definitely playing a ton next year as a middie if he also returns for fifth year. Lots of talent in the midfield. Let’s see if Van get get production. Seemed like guys didn’t get into any type of rhythm this year.
Does VanArsdale make HS attackman convert into middies, and Vice versa?

Seems like for a long time they made Evan James as a middie but then only recently made him bump to attack to get the lineup and chemistry right
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
5laxers

Post by 5laxers »

A player can’t “regress” when they stop getting playing time. Can’t produce if they aren’t on the field. Trying to figure out why some of these lineups didn’t remain for more games when clearly they were working for the first 2 games. Just an observation
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”