ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
thescottharris

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by thescottharris »

camskidamski wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:11 am
camskidamski wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 pm Last season All ODAC by team (2022):

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (9)
Noke (8)
HSC (8)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (5)
Shenandoah (2)
-------

2023 Predictions (all ?, no deep dive into positional need) :

Lynchburg (11)
W&L (8)
Noke (6)
HSC (10)
RMC (5)
Bridgewater (4)
Shenandoah (2)
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?)
-------

~~Any specific players for each team or cases to be made for anyone? Great time of the year to reflect on these great teams and players...
Tried to dig a little here but don't know much about a lot of these teams, anyone want to fill in with what they know?:

Lynchburg (11) (
W&L (8) (Allen, Beatty, Burns, Cohen, Hubbard, Lackey, Pokorny, Seeds) -Brown/Bou?
Noke (6) (Goad, Hammond, J Kammerman, L Kammerman, Whitlow) - Docking?
HSC (10) (
RMC (5) (
Bridgewater (4) (
Shenandoah (2) (
VA Wes/Guilford (1 each?) (
Well if we're giving H-SC 10...

Based on the positions the ODAC rewarded last year

Attack: Ray O'Brien, Michael Leone
Midfield: Nick Thompson
Defense: Nick Morgan, Thomas Harry, Jack Fechter
LSM: Conor Kilfeather
SSDM: Gaines Weis
Goalkeeper: Will Perry

That's 9 that I feel pretty strongly are going to make it, and after that I don't think there is a clear 10th selection.

After O'Brien and Leone, no one really has any big point totals as they have a ton of depth and a lot of balance after them two. Maybe throw Talmadge Hope on there at attack or Patrick Saunders at middie?

They don't have anyone at face-off that would warrant selection other than Nick Thompson due to Erlenbach and Yntema splitting approximately 50% of the FO duties. And Thompson has a much better shot at midfield than face-off.

I suppose you could consider Drew Duffy at SSDM and Jack Limon at LSM. But the ODAC only rewards 3 total at both of those positions, and I find it hard to believe H-SC would get 2 of 3 at one of those positions.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:33 pm He’s a quick shot:

OPOY: Mitchell (LYN)
DPOY: Morgan (HSC)
COY: Rostan (HSC)
ROY: Cohen (W&L)

1st Team:
Attack:
Porkorny (W&L)
Kammerman (RC)
O’Brien (HSC)

Midfield:
Mitchell (LYN)
Aust (LYN)
Thompson (HSC)

FO:
Kraus (LYN)

SSDM: Cohen (W&L)

LSM:
Lackey (W&L)

Defense:
Morgan (HSC)
Hubbard (W&L)
Zingo (LYN)

Goalie:
Hadley (LYN)

2nd Team
Attack:
Smith (RMC)
Burns (W&L)
Hastings (LYN)
Whitlow (RC)

Midfield:
Clingerman (SHEN)
Allen (W&L)
Saunders (HSC)

FO:
Alexander (BW)

Ssdm:
Weis (HSC)

Lsm:
Darminio (LYN)

Defense:
Fechter (HSC)
Marindin (LYN)
Heald (W&L)

Goalie:
Perry (HSC)
I think this is generally spot on. The goal tending has been debated an thankfully we will see those two great players head to head tonight.

I do think that Weiss is easily a first team ssdm over a promising Cohen. Weiss is arguably the most athletic player on the field and probably should have been higher in the ROY conversation last year. Runs like a deer and makes big plays. The young man also has 20 CTOs and 15 points shooting 60%... that's impressive. I love Cohen's grit on the field but I do not think he has as much of an impact as Weiss does. Both have promising careers ahead.
elitelax4596

Post by elitelax4596 »

ODAD wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:36 pm

1st Team:
Attack:
Porkorny (W&L)
Kammerman (RC)
O’Brien (HSC)

Midfield:
Mitchell (LYN)
Aust (LYN)
Thompson (HSC)

FO:
Kraus (LYN)

LSM:
Lackey (W&L)

Defense:
Morgan (HSC)
Hubbard (W&L)
Zingo (LYN)

Goalie:
Hadley (LYN)

2nd Team
Attack:
Smith (RMC)
Burns (W&L)
Hastings (LYN)
Whitlow (RC)

Midfield:
Clingerman (SHEN)
Allen (W&L)
Saunders (HSC)

FO:
Alexander (BW)

Ssdm:
Weis (HSC)

Lsm:
Darminio (LYN)

Defense:
Fechter (HSC)
Marindin (LYN)
Heald (W&L)

Goalie:
Perry (HSC)
I think this is generally spot on. The goal tending has been debated an thankfully we will see those two great players head to head tonight.

I do think that Weiss is easily a first team ssdm over a promising Cohen. Weiss is arguably the most athletic player on the field and probably should have been higher in the ROY conversation last year. Runs like a deer and makes big plays. The young man also has 20 CTOs and 15 points shooting 60%... that's impressive. I love Cohen's grit on the field but I do not think he has as much of an impact as Weiss does. Both have promising careers ahead.
Weiss is a gamer. Will be a 1st teamer. Kid will run for days.

Lots of eyes around the country on the city of Lynchburg tonight. My gut tells me Lynchburg by 3 but if the Tigers get off the bus hot, we could be in for a show. Regardless, best two ODAC teams playing the last regular season game of the year. What more can you ask for?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

1st Team:
Attack:
Porkorny (W&L)
Kammerman (RC)
O’Brien (HSC)

Midfield:
Mitchell (LYN)
Aust (LYN)
Thompson (HSC)

FO:
Kraus (LYN)

LSM:
Lackey (W&L)

Defense:
Morgan (HSC)
Hubbard (W&L)
Zingo (LYN)

Goalie:
Hadley (LYN)

2nd Team
Attack:
Smith (RMC)
Burns (W&L)
Hastings (LYN)
Whitlow (RC)

Midfield:
Clingerman (SHEN)
Allen (W&L)
Saunders (HSC)

FO:
Alexander (BW)

Ssdm:
Weis (HSC)

Lsm:
Darminio (LYN)

Defense:
Fechter (HSC)
Marindin (LYN)
Heald (W&L)

Goalie:
Perry (HSC)

He’s not shooting 60%. But he is a very good player for a strong defensive unit.
DataLax

Post by DataLax »

1st Team:
Attack:
Porkorny (W&L)
Kammerman (RC)
O’Brien (HSC)

Midfield:
Mitchell (LYN)
Aust (LYN)
Thompson (HSC)

FO:
Kraus (LYN)

LSM:
Lackey (W&L)

Defense:
Morgan (HSC)
Hubbard (W&L)
Zingo (LYN)

Goalie:
Hadley (LYN)

2nd Team
Attack:
Smith (RMC)
Burns (W&L)
Hastings (LYN)
Whitlow (RC)

Midfield:
Clingerman (SHEN)
Allen (W&L)
Saunders (HSC)

FO:
Alexander (BW)

Ssdm:
Weis (HSC)

Lsm:
Darminio (LYN)

Defense:
Fechter (HSC)
Marindin (LYN)
Heald (W&L)

Goalie:
Perry (HSC)

Lynchburg may beg to differ as Cohen scores 4 points against them, 2 against HS, 2 against CNU, 1 vs York. Weis has just 2 points vs. ranked opponents (hopefully that changes for him tonight!).

Weis' 20 CTO's as a SS are very impressive.

To that end I would say both are extremely impactful. Either would fit a 1st team vote.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Wolfe is back , Lynchburg goes wire to wire. Best coached team in the ODAC
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Wolfe man up maybe see him run mid?
Zingo back and had sting 1st Q
Darminio and Hadley win the 1st..
Will LYN fall asleep ..again?
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

Incredible defensive efforts on both sides.. horrendous offense for HSC.. not sure what the game plan is but this hero ball is killing them and the hornets have good shooters all over the field.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

There you go.. dodge and dump. Hopefully this becomes a game
Skeetlax

Post by Skeetlax »

Where is the vaunted Hampden-Sydney defense? On the other hand Lynchburg's defense looks stout.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Tough to beat Lynchburg on their home field. I’ll also say Coach K for 1 game can game plan as well as anybody. HSC got hammered last year in game 2. It’s going to be a great ODAC tournament this year. Can RMC make some noise, can Roanoke play some D, is it possible for W&L to play all 4 quarters and Seeds go plus 50%. Will Lynchburg run the table as the #1 seed and finally can HSC get to the NCAA tournament ( 2 times in 20 years)… Hoping teams are healthy and ready to play with the break between the semi and final game.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

The HSC crowd needs to go back to the posts from last Sunday and hang their collective heads.

As predicted, HSC was not up to the challenge.
Nothinbutthelax

Darminio ends with 85 GBs, 22CTs, 17 TO’s.
Hadley sees ball on Shellenburger. Calm as could be, clearing passes on the $.
Zingo back and healthy.
I’ll submit Hasting ROY. Has drawn opposition #1, Had 4g, 2A and 3GBs tonight to end LYN reg. season leading scorer W/ 51.
Whiskeydog

Post by Whiskeydog »

Losing to RMC might have been a blessing in disguise. Lynchburg was focused and determined tonight. They appear ready to win another ODAC championship.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:39 pm Darminio ends with 85 GBs, 22CTs, 17 TO’s.
Zingo back and healthy.
I’ll submit Hasting ROY. Has drawn opposition #1, Had 4g, 2A and 3GBs tonight to end LYN reg. season leading scorer W/ 51.
Hastings - Should be noted he did not have HSC #1 on him. Morgan was bumped up as they double poled the midfield to Mitchell. They also zoned Lynchburg a good amount and put both shortsticks down low where Hastings plays.

He’s a legitimate rookie of the Year candidate, probably the likely winner. But also paint a clear picture.
elitelax4596

Post by elitelax4596 »

ODAD wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:36 pm Incredible defensive efforts on both sides.. horrendous offense for HSC.. not sure what the game plan is but this hero ball is killing them and the hornets have good shooters all over the field.
Tigers offense exposed. O’Brien only one who can beat a guy. HSC middies are non factors. Burke getting hurt makes that offense a one man show. Can’t understand how Macon beat ‘Burg but if they play like they did tonight they’re a tough out. Coach K is pushing the right buttons at the right time.

Lynchburg beats W&L next weekend to go to tourney. 1 bid conference.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg’s 16 seniors had a great party last night, tremendous performance by this group over the last 4 years. Hoping for a W&L/ Lynchburg final. I’m taking W&L despite last night’s performance by the Hornets. I’d wish W&L had some tougher games the last 2 weeks but Seeds is playing with some confidence at this juncture. Hadley was the difference in their first match up. I think the Generals goal play has improved substantially since that game.
Nothinbutthelax

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:32 am
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:39 pm Darminio ends with 85 GBs, 22CTs, 17 TO’s.
Zingo back and healthy.
Hastings - Should be noted he did not have HSC #1 on him. Morgan was bumped up as they double poled the midfield to Mitchell. They also zoned Lynchburg a good amount and put both shortsticks down low where Hastings plays.

He’s a legitimate rookie of the Year candidate, probably the likely winner. But also paint a clear picture.
Yeah. Should have said Hastings benefits from #1’s having to move topside. Have to pole Mitchell and Rust which became evident as season rolled in. On fast breaks notice #1’s match up on Hasting like #13 last night.
Hasting Finn Schmidt and Spencer’s Vandenburg make up LYN’s all Freshman attack and as point leader of that group earns ROY. That picture is clear but I do wear red goggles..

Tuesday:
NOKE heads to RMC. Hope RMC wins this one for a rematch with LYN on Thursday semi’s
W&L gets a tune up vs. Bridgewater or Doah. Then returns to to HSC Thursday..
Thinking W&L / LYN final.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:23 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:32 am
Zingo back and healthy.

Yeah. Should have said Hastings benefits from #1’s having to move topside. Have to pole Mitchell and Rust which became evident as season rolled in. On fast breaks notice #1’s match up on Hasting like #13 last night.
Hasting Finn Schmidt and Spencer’s Vandenburg make up LYN’s all Freshman attack and as point leader of that group earns ROY. That picture is clear but I do wear red goggles..

Tuesday:
NOKE heads to RMC. Hope RMC wins this one for a rematch with LYN on Thursday semi’s
W&L gets a tune up vs. Bridgewater or Doah. Then returns to to HSC Thursday..
Thinking W&L / LYN final.
Lynchburg/ Roanoke , Hornets by a lot, tough physical game lots of laundry
HSC/ W&L, unless Perry has a big day W&L time of possession wins the matchup, Seeds goes over 50%.
Brain

Post by Brain »

Shenandoahlaxdad any predictions for Noke vs RMC?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”