Virginia 6A 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
dmvlaxin

Re: Virginia 6A 2019

Post by dmvlaxin »

FXLax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pm Isn't this a 6A Forum?

If I wanted to read about Riverdale I'd go to the 4A Forum.

What happened to the old LaxPower days when people would actually post summaries of games and who stepped up?
Leave it to someone to be an exclusive jerk on a lacrosse forum that doesn't have significant participation as it is. The title used to be virginia 6a/5a/4a as not many posting on just one division.

Have fun talking about 6a mediocrity fxlax!
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

FXLax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pmto
Ha! Sure glad I got out of Fairfax. Better Lacrosse and...
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Madison over Centreville 13-7. Was 11-1 at half time. Coach Solomon showing class on CV Senior Night by pulling out starters early in the second half.
down_the_alley

Post by down_the_alley »

dmvlaxin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
FXLax wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pm Isn't this a 6A Forum?

What happened to the old LaxPower days when people would actually post summaries of games and who stepped up?
Leave it to someone to be an exclusive jerk on a lacrosse forum that doesn't have significant participation as it is. The title used to be virginia 6a/5a/4a as not many posting on just one division.

Can we change the thread title to Virginia 4A/5A/6A?

In 5A big matchup tonight Briar Woods vs. Stone Bridge. Atlee lost to St. Christophers, not a huge surprise but much respect for them for scheduling that contest.

Will be interesting to see how the Westfield - SB matchup plays out in next week. Gonna give the edge to Westfield.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

Men crying on here about discussing different classifications is golden. You guys best friends with your kids too?
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

FXLax wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pm
Isn't this a 6A Forum?

by dmvlaxin » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Leave it to someone to be an exclusive jerk on a lacrosse forum that doesn't have significant participation as it is. The title used to be virginia [6a/5a/4a as not many posting on just one division.

Difference I've seen between LaxPower and this site, is a complete disrespect by some, for others. An exclusive jerk for voicing an opinion? There's a nasty undertone from some on this site. Saying kids suck because they had a bad shot, calling out predictions in a venomous tone, and some unnecessary name calling. Sad to call people jerks if they'd like to see more talk about games and players who stood out. I agree with that one! Am I a jerk? To call FFX/6A schools mediocre is laughable. They have tons of talent in 6A.
Last edited by JMlacrosse on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

What's an exclusive jerk?

I do agree that what is said on here by some would never be said in person. That's the beauty of the Internet for the flip flop crowd. It gives them a much needed safe space to flex their Internet muscles.
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

Clearly there's talent in LC and FC, and any said year, can go either way. That's public school sports. Many elite teams this year, and some surprising upsets for the best teams. I do agree that 4A/5A/6A discussions are not mutually exclusive. I think we can all agree, LC is on the rise, but let's be fair: FX is still very much in the mix. My take away, after weening through all the other junk, is that many want to see deeper discussions about games and players, rather than constant banter on which county has better talent. I like hearing the breakdown of games and player performance, from more knowledgeable people than myself. Less flexing would be good, because it's starting to lose the meaning of why I visit this forum. My two cents...well probably 5 at this point.
Crlaxy

Post by Crlaxy »

Its funny how everyone sees things from different angles. Guys (maybe gals too) from Fairfax, Prince William and Loudoun, all thinking their area is above the rest, its what makes sports great. If you don't have that in your DNA, you probably wouldn't find yourself on this forum. And maybe I'm old school, but I like more than just game scores and analysis (twitter is doing that really well). I like to see how things evolve and learn back stories, from all schools, doesn't matter if its 4a, 5a or 6. Wish more people piped in. Not sure what's so negative about that.

And while I'm obviously biased towards Riverdale ;) and LoCo. I'm also aware the 2016 & 17 Langley teams would have smoked everyone if it hadn't been for the Private school defects. PVI moving out to LC will most likely make a difference in the 4a and 5a schools.

Hope we can all get along, know one thing for sure though, I will be rooting for all your 6a and 5a teams once state playoffs come around. Till then, maybe not so much ;)

Peace...
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Sorry guys I got into the Schnapps a little early yesterday :D and apologize for my post -but it did get discussion going!

Seriously I do wish we got more posts about the games themselves and which kids were playing well. My son graduated from Rob 2015 and laxpower was a good way to keep up with what's going on across the region (5a/4a too!). Watched some of the Rob game yesterday vs Hamburg, a team from upstate NY. Rams looked much more composed then they did vs Westfield. Think final was 13-6, maybe 12-6. Offense did a much better job valuing the ball and not going for the home run pass.

College lax playoffs start tomorrow, heading down to Newport News for Mary Wash/CNU game. Lot of Nova grads playing big roles in this game - CNU - Will Colgan (Woodson), Lucas Berry (Lake Braddock), Tyler Iriondo (Robinson), the Stone Bridge boys (Fitzgerald/Hines/Lee) for Mary Wash - Chris White (Robinson), Kieran Burns (W&L), Cole Hogan (O'Connell), Logan Green (Loudoun Valley)
JMlacrosse

Post by JMlacrosse »

Sorry guys I got into the Schnapps a little early yesterday :D and apologize for my post -but it did get discussion going!

Posting while drinking is like drunk texting your ex. It's all good! I appreciate all discussions on these forums-good, bad, and ugly. I definitely learn a lot from the seasoned posters on here. SchnappsLax great response! :lol:
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

Good to see Robo stepping out of their comfort zone to play Hamburg - will likely serve them well down the road. South Lakes edged Langley last night in a tough defensive battle, 5-3. I don't remember Langley ever being held to 3 goals.
VA6ALacrosse

Post by VA6ALacrosse »

ReLax! wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:01 am Good to see Robo stepping out of their comfort zone to play Hamburg - will likely serve them well down the road. South Lakes edged Langley last night in a tough defensive battle, 5-3. I don't remember Langley ever being held to 3 goals.
I think Robinson beat Langley 15-3 in a regional championship a few years ago. 😬
Jumboslax27

Post by Jumboslax27 »

Since game reports seem to be in high demand I will oblige. I attended the Chantilly vs Westfield game at chantilly friday night. The two teams exchanged goals early and were tied at two before westfield rattled off 3 to head to half up 5-2. Added two after the break to bring their lead to 7-2. Chantilly went on a three goal run to close to 7-5 but that was as close as they got as Westfield slowly pulled away after that to win 12-7. Standout players for westfield were their goalie susko who made at least 15 saves, #1 and 8 Markert(brothers) who initiated a lot of the offense, good dodgers/passers #22 magnusson had a hat trick with some nice midfield dodges and #2 martin who is probably their best player who also takes face offs and plays some defense(good to see a kid who plays both sides of the ball). On the chantilly side #1 morgan was very quick and a good dodger, #9 schwarz had some nice finishes, #11 johnson had a pretty goal early but was generally quiet after that and #14 mordhorst who had some nice takes. Westfield was the better team on the night but chantilly is definitely good enough to beat anyone in 6A(ask robo).
SpinalTap14

Post by SpinalTap14 »

Any info on the West Springfield vs SOCO game? I heard it was postponed Friday night (why? The storms were gone by 5pm) to Saturday. The Wash Post score today is 2-0 West Springfield. I find that hard to believe.
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

2-0 WS over SoCo is hard to believe - would be good to get validation there. Thank you Jumbo for the West/Chant summary - well done and let's see more of that type of assessment ;)
sguy

Post by sguy »

Jumboslax27 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am Since game reports seem to be in high demand I will oblige. I attended the Chantilly vs Westfield game at chantilly friday night. The two teams exchanged goals early and were tied at two before westfield rattled off 3 to head to half up 5-2. Added two after the break to bring their lead to 7-2. Chantilly went on a three goal run to close to 7-5 but that was as close as they got as Westfield slowly pulled away after that to win 12-7. Standout players for westfield were their goalie susko who made at least 15 saves, #1 and 8 Markert(brothers) who initiated a lot of the offense, good dodgers/passers #22 magnusson had a hat trick with some nice midfield dodges and #2 martin who is probably their best player who also takes face offs and plays some defense(good to see a kid who plays both sides of the ball). On the chantilly side #1 morgan was very quick and a good dodger, #9 schwarz had some nice finishes, #11 johnson had a pretty goal early but was generally quiet after that and #14 mordhorst who had some nice takes. Westfield was the better team on the night but chantilly is definitely good enough to beat anyone in 6A(ask robo).
The story of this game was the keepers. Kyle had a better night.
Last edited by sguy on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

The Washington Post is nothing but "Fake News!!"

WS 2
SoCo 0

Two late home runs propelled the Spartans to victory.

Softball.

🤣
ReLax!

Post by ReLax! »

:lol: Good one FSU! Hard fought battle last night between Chantilly and South Lakes w/ Lakes on top in the end 9-8, after being up 5-2 in the second quarter. Chantilly has a gamer in #1 Morgan who tallied 4 goals. SL #18 Stevie Jones notched a hat trick in the win for SL.
MyLongStick

Post by MyLongStick »

ReLax! wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:26 pm Madison over Langley 9-5. Aaron Solomon has the Warhawks playing fast and hard. No D1 stars, just hungry, aggressive play across the board. Oakton also big over Yorktown tonight. Cream is starting to rise.
Would you say that Madison is better today than they were when the season started?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”