Season openers

NAIA Womens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Season openers

Post by LaxCoach13 »

a few teams have opened their season and have seen a few interesting scores:
Reinhardt lost to Montevallo (DII) 17-12, from what I have seen Montevallo is a avg program and Reinhardt is supposed to be one of the top teams in the NAIA. Did anyone see this game, any insight? I know Life scrimmage Montevallo but not sure how that went.

Georgetown was supposed to play Transylvania but do not see a score

I heard that Keiser who is one of the top 3 in the NAIA got beat by Florida Tech 24-2? is that true

Lot more games this weekend, so maybe that will tell more/
crumudgeon2

Re: Season openers

Post by crumudgeon2 »

I saw Keiser play in the fall and said they were either missing players or would not be their historical strong self. Florida Tech plays Ave Maria on Friday.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

crumudgeon2 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am I saw Keiser play in the fall and said they were either missing players or would not be their historical strong self. Florida Tech plays Ave Maria on Friday.
Be interesting to see what they game looks like
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

Significant upset yesterday as Ave Maria defeats Benedictine 14 -12. Ave has overcome some tremendous off field adversity this year. 4 starters were in a horrific accident a month ago and they had to cancel several games.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Congratulations to AMU, nice win. But also what is going at Benedictine? They have graduated a lot and seem to really be struggling, problem with early rankings they are done off or last years results this is clearly not the same team.
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:51 am Congratulations to AMU, nice win. But also what is going at Benedictine? They have graduated a lot and seem to really be struggling, problem with early rankings they are done off or last years results this is clearly not the same team.
Agree on the preseason rankings etc. It's early and who knows how all this falls out. Benedictine lost a lot from last year. Their freshman attacker (Kaylen Moore from Seattle, Washington) is a super star. They also had a nice freshman attacker from Texas (Kiera Russell). Good recruiting over such a large area. Benedictine is a school with a strong Catholic identity and can draw from a large area.

The difference in the game was possession through the draw, Ave won 18 to Benedictine's 13 draws. Ave has a strong draw girl (Abby Seiler). Benedictine's defense couldn't to stop Ave's offense when they had to. Ave has 5 players that can start for any team and I mean any team in the NAIA. Ave had three all conference girls last year, two were freshman. The issue for Ave, like many NAIA schools, is depth.

Cumberland appears to be the best team I have seen play this year but its early.

Return to “NAIA WOMENS LACROSSE”