Maryland 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Bmk2222

Re: Maryland 2023

Post by Bmk2222 »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:10 am Can we all agree this is not the same Maryland team as we’ve had in the past. I mean seriously, they are not back and will not repeat. This team will be lucky to win the big 10 this year, Loyola showed why they are Maryland’s team. Maryland needs to show us this weekend that they can compete with the best before we call them legitimate contenders again.
Maryland would only need to be half as good as they were last year to be a “typical” national championship team…..
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Bmk2222 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:56 pm
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:10 am Can we all agree this is not the same Maryland team as we’ve had in the past. I mean seriously, they are not back and will not repeat. This team will be lucky to win the big 10 this year, Loyola showed why they are Maryland’s team. Maryland needs to show us this weekend that they can compete with the best before we call them legitimate contenders again.
Maryland would only need to be half as good as they were last year to be a “typical” national championship team…..
You’re in the above case,
NOT,
preaching to the choir :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lawdawg100 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:35 pmI completely forgot we live in the past not in the present.
KnowingWizardofODAC/Lawdawg100:

That you're one person with two accounts is substantially less bothersome than your having two accounts that you use all but exclusively to troll with. If you want to troll, go to Facebook and/or Twitter. While much of social media is a nameless, faceless free for all, that is not the case here. No trolling. We're barely into March and you're already getting on a lot of people's nerves. Please tone it down.

Admin
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

admin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:08 pm
Lawdawg100 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:35 pmI completely forgot we live in the past not in the present.

That you're one person with two accounts is substantially less bothersome than your having two accounts that you use all but exclusively to troll with. If you want to troll, go to Facebook and/or Twitter. While much of social media is a nameless, faceless free for all. That is not the case here. No trolling. We're barely into March and you're already getting on a lot of people's nerves. Please tone it down.

Admin
Thank you.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Lawdawg100

Post by Lawdawg100 »

joewillie78 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:11 pm

That you're one person with two accounts is substantially less bothersome than your having two accounts that you use all but exclusively to troll with. If you want to troll, go to Facebook and/or Twitter. While much of social media is a nameless, faceless free for all. That is not the case here. No trolling. We're barely into March and you're already getting on a lot of people's nerves. Please tone it down.

Admin
Thank you.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
It is not what you call “trolling” it is my own thoughts and views. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sorry that my opinion does not match others, I do not go around and just go crazy and say hateful and disgraceful things like people say to me. I just simply put out what I think that is all. If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it, just keep scrolling that is all you have to do. We are all adults on here and let’s act like it. I should not have to keep saying this.
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

Admin
Thank you.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I miss the days where people were allowed to speak their opinions without others pitching hissy fits. I thought that was left behind in preschool. Me and LawDawg100 are not the same, are are just different animals, but the same beast. We have similar opinions and should not be punished for this, that is fascism. I am someone looking to speak my mind and have willing debates with knowledgeable people about a beautiful game.
KnowingWizardofODAC

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

Furthermore, people should not be censored on this site. Allowing different opinions is what helps this planet survive. Without difference we are nothing but another brick in the wall. We the people will not live in your rainbow land, and you can’t make us.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Lawdawg100 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm It is not what you call “trolling” it is my own thoughts and views. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sorry that my opinion does not match others, I do not go around and just go crazy and say hateful and disgraceful things like people say to me. I just simply put out what I think that is all. If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it, just keep scrolling that is all you have to do. We are all adults on here and let’s act like it. I should not have to keep saying this.
At the FanLax Forum, we have a no trolling rule. The proper response to being accused of trolling by the referee of the forum isn't "If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it", it's to stop trolling, stop looking for fights. Take a seat in the box. Both you and KnowingODAC.

1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty
Finster

Post by Finster »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:17 pm Furthermore, people should not be censored on this site. Allowing different opinions is what helps this planet survive. Without difference we are nothing but another brick in the wall. We the people will not live in your rainbow land, and you can’t make us.

When an administrator of any website asks you to tone it down, the generally acceptable response is to tone it down, not dig deeper into insults.

I’m not gonna ask you to stick to lacrosse because you’re here strictly and obviously to just get a rise out of folks. I feel bad for Terp fans that you focus on them.

I’m surprised your accounts haven’t been booted yet.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:17 pm Furthermore, people should not be censored on this site. Allowing different opinions is what helps this planet survive. Without difference we are nothing but another brick in the wall. We the people will not live in your rainbow land, and you can’t make us.
To this day, no one within the FanLax Forum has been censored. We've received numerous requests, including from NCAA coaches, to censor posts and, thus far, we've never censored a post. We've moved some posts/threads to Hamsterdam. But we've never censored/edited a post. While we haven't censored posters' posts, we have had posters who played by their own rules, we have put posters into the penalty box for extended periods of time, and we have had posters, like you, who have made it clear that they didn't like how we run the FanLax Forum, that they "will not live in your rainbow land". For the good and the bad, the FanLax Forum isn't a perfect fit for everyone. And that's OK. Hopefully you'll be able to find a place to discuss lacrosse that's more to your taste.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Lawdawg100 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm

Admin
Thank you.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
It is not what you call “trolling” it is my own thoughts and views. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sorry that my opinion does not match others, I do not go around and just go crazy and say hateful and disgraceful things like people say to me. I just simply put out what I think that is all. If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it, just keep scrolling that is all you have to do. We are all adults on here and let’s act like it. I should not have to keep saying this.
What kind of adult runs two parallel accounts and quotes themself?

Rhetorical don’t bother answering.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

admin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:31 pm
Lawdawg100 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:13 pm It is not what you call “trolling” it is my own thoughts and views. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sorry that my opinion does not match others, I do not go around and just go crazy and say hateful and disgraceful things like people say to me. I just simply put out what I think that is all. If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it, just keep scrolling that is all you have to do. We are all adults on here and let’s act like it. I should not have to keep saying this.
At the FanLax Forum, we have a no trolling rule. The proper response to being accused of trolling by the referee of the forum isn't "If you do not like do not feel like you have to respond to it", it's to stop trolling, stop looking for fights. Take a seat in the box. Both you and KnowingODAC.

1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty
How dumb does this cat have to be to think you don’t have access to uo Addresses and other identifiers?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

That you're one person with two accounts is substantially less bothersome than your having two accounts that you use all but exclusively to troll with. If you want to troll, go to Facebook and/or Twitter. While much of social media is a nameless, faceless free for all, that is not the case here. No trolling. We're barely into March and you're already getting on a lot of people's nerves. Please tone it down.

Admin
Lol owned. Take a seat
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game. Another great opportunity for the Terps to test themselves. Haven’t gotten an opportunity to watch the Irish this year. How is their defense looking, and how are Tevlin and Fake integrating? From a stats perspective, looks like the younger Kavanagh is surpassing his brother. Will be fun to watch them battle Zap and Makar.
blue angels

Re: Maryland 20

Post by blue angels »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:57 pm Looking forward to tomorrow’s game. Another great opportunity for the Terps to test themselves. Haven’t gotten an opportunity to watch the Irish this year. How is their defense looking, and how are Tevlin and Fake integrating? From a stats perspective, looks like the younger Kavanagh is surpassing his brother. Will be fun to watch them battle Zap and Makar.
Without a doubt, the best match up of the week, maybe season, to date. Will be really interesting to see how this one plays out
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

admin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:31 pm

1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty
Again, thank you.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

blue angels wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:06 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:57 pm Looking forward to tomorrow’s game. Another great opportunity for the Terps to test themselves. Haven’t gotten an opportunity to watch the Irish this year. How is their defense looking, and how are Tevlin and Fake integrating? From a stats perspective, looks like the younger Kavanagh is surpassing his brother. Will be fun to watch them battle Zap and Makar.
Without a doubt, the best match up of the week, maybe season, to date. Will be really interesting to see how this one plays out
I wouldn't be surprised to see a ND win. They definitely feel shafted by the committee leaving them out of the tournament last year, so they'll come in with an angry edge. And their team is more experienced playing with each other, especially on the offensive side.

Later in the season I wouldn't give them the same edge, but right now, they have a lot more experience, and that will show. The two X factors are if Wierman can tilt the field enough to limit ND's offense, and then how does Ruppel play. Yes, Maryland's defense, especially at close, is up to the task, but you have to limit the opportunities the ND offense gets.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Glad Jackoboice has graduated. That guy killed the Terps the last couple of years.
molo

Post by molo »

ND has looked damn good so far, but Maryland, at least in my view, looked markedly better than a good Princeton team. ND would probably split if they played twice. I’m leaning towards Maryland by a goal or two in this one.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

PulpExposure wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:11 pm
blue angels wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:06 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see a ND win. They definitely feel shafted by the committee leaving them out of the tournament last year, so they'll come in with an angry edge. And their team is more experienced playing with each other, especially on the offensive side.

Later in the season I wouldn't give them the same edge, but right now, they have a lot more experience, and that will show. The two X factors are if Wierman can tilt the field enough to limit ND's offense, and then how does Ruppel play. Yes, Maryland's defense, especially at close, is up to the task, but you have to limit the opportunities the ND offense gets.
Well of course, there would be no surprise if Notre Dame won…..ND would likely be favored by neutral observers, but Maryland could still easily win it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”