D2 Womens Lacrosse
Justoldlaxdad

Preseason polls

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

What are your thoughts on preseason polls? Will be playing games soon
Fischer

Re: Preseason polls

Post by Fischer »

What are yours? New landscape without Stonehill and Indy. Adelphi was pretty close to taking both
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fischer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 am What are yours? New landscape without Stonehill and Indy. Adelphi was pretty close to taking both
Did you mean Stonhill and Lindenwood? They , along with Queens, went D1.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:21 pm
Fischer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 am What are yours? New landscape without Stonehill and Indy. Adelphi was pretty close to taking both
Uindy was indeed supposed to go D1, but the A.D. made an announcement in November that they were remaining in D2. Probably a smart move being half the team left in the fire their coach.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:49 am
Uindy was indeed supposed to go D1, but the A.D. made an announcement in November that they were remaining in D2. Probably a smart move being half the team left in the fire their coach.
Perhaps. That same rumor has been swirling since they started the program. That the school was going to go D1. I found it hard to believe it at this point since there is a change in AD, they currently have an interim, and the president has left for another position.

I also would not say half the team left. Along with the losses to graduation they lost two important attackers, and some younger players who saw considerable time but the cupboard is far from bare. The entire defense is back except 1 but they get a player back from season ending injury. They will be strong through the middle of the but draw is a concern. I understand the current first year players are strong but have not seen them personally. Besides the draw, attack is the biggest question mark. It will be interesting to see how they do, especially since they did not have a fall with their current head coach.

I personally think it may be GVSU's year in that region.
Idontknowtherules

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:24 am
Perhaps. That same rumor has been swirling since they started the program. That the school was going to go D1. I found it hard to believe it at this point since there is a change in AD, they currently have an interim, and the president has left for another position.

I also would not say half the team left. Along with the losses to graduation they lost two important attackers, and some younger players who saw considerable time but the cupboard is far from bare. The entire defense is back except 1 but they get a player back from season ending injury. They will be strong through the middle of the but draw is a concern. I understand the current first year players are strong but have not seen them personally. Besides the draw, attack is the biggest question mark. It will be interesting to see how they do, especially since they did not have a fall with their current head coach.

Well you. CAn look up the press release yourself. It was indeed slated to happen and it’s not so whatever. Let’s see how the new head coach does with the team
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:21 am

Well you. CAn look up the press release yourself. It was indeed slated to happen and it’s not so whatever. Let’s see how the new head coach does with the team
I have read the release. I was giving you an opinion, yup they are all like arseholes, about the situation based past conversations and current standing in the department. It is no big deal. I will say however, I really do not understand how/why successful D2 programs want to leave to go D1. I guess people want to be at the cool table.......

It will indeed be interesting to see how the new coach pans out. I look forward to seeing her on field philosophy and how it compares to Delaney's. They still have the talent to be a dangerous team.
Idontknowtherules

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:39 am

I have read the release. I was giving you an opinion, yup they are all like arseholes, about the situation based past conversations and current standing in the department. It is no big deal. I will say however, I really do not understand how/why successful D2 programs want to leave to go D1. I guess people want to be at the cool table.......

It will indeed be interesting to see how the new coach pans out. I look forward to seeing her on field philosophy and how it compares to Delaney's. They still have the talent to be a dangerous team.
Def still dangerous. Lagos will be a big void
Bart

Post by Bart »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 am
Bart wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:39 am

Def still dangerous. Lagos will be a big void
Yep. Big void for sure but a bigger opportunity for those left. Like I said, it will be interesting too see how the on field philosophies contrast. Should be an interesting year out west.
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Big game at GVSU in early March. If GVSU gets through first 3 weeks of season they will host region

Hear Florida Southern is loaded, East Strousburg has whole team back plus couple who were injured and Adelphi may be favorite

ESU, Adelphi, FSU and GVSU in final four
Idontknowtherules

Justoldlaxdad wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:56 pm Big game at GVSU in early March. If GVSU gets through first 3 weeks of season they will host region

Hear Florida Southern is loaded, East Strousburg has whole team back plus couple who were injured and Adelphi may be favorite

Adelphi got 11 first place votes in the ne10. I know they lost a few heavy scorers and most of their starting defense. Esu will be tough and I never count out lemoyne. But gvsu is the one to watch imo
Bart

Post by Bart »

Justoldlaxdad wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:56 pm Big game at GVSU in early March. If GVSU gets through first 3 weeks of season they will host region

Can't see anything wrong with your final four. I'd say they have as good a chance as anyone.

I will say that although I like ESU I would not sleep on West Chester. They haven't updated their roster yet but if those who are supposed to return do return they will be a tough out. Top three point scorers are back. Defense may be new depending on if the Sr's from last year came back or not for their 5th year. Well coached.

Florida Southern certainly added to their roster.

Adelphi lost a ton of scoring but they have a good coaching staff and I imagine they will just reload. LeMoyne brings a bunch back but they did graduate over 100 draws. Reload as well.

Certainly should be an interesting year.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Just since no one has posted it:

From USA Lax Magazine:

NIKE/USA LACROSSE
DIVISION II WOMEN’S PRESEASON TOP 20

1. East Stroudsburg
2. Adelphi
3. West Chester
4. Le Moyne
5. Grand Valley State
6. Regis
7. Florida Southern
8. UIndy
9. Tampa
10. Rollins
11. Mercy
12. Pace
13. Seton Hill
14. Lynn
15. Wingate
16. Embry-Riddle
17. Colorado Mesa
18. Davenport
19. Mercyhurst
20. Mount Olive

Also considered (alphabetical order): Florida Tech, IUP, Millersville, Roberts Wesleyan
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Let’s see what coaches say when IWLCA posts its poll
Bart

Post by Bart »

Justoldlaxdad wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:00 am Let’s see what coaches say when IWLCA posts its poll
Will be, but I'd think there may be some shuffling mid tier but the top 5 seem solid.

Who actually knows until the game start in a few weeks.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Watched all three front runners, imo, for the west yesterday. Uindy and Regis both walked away with wins and GVSU dropped one vs Rollins. Regis looked fluid and pretty good. Indy looked ok but shot meh.....goalie did not have her best day. They are not going to be an easy out as the season rolls along. GVSU has work to do. They had some injuries Thursday vs Flagler but still pulled it out Thursday. Yesterday they did not have such luck. Thought Rollins controlled the action most of the day and GVSU looked uncharacteristically disorganized and did not have their best day fundamentally.

Out of all three I thought Regis looked the best. Always interesting to watch how these schools in the non traditional areas progress.

We'll know more on 3/5 and 3/19 when Regis plays GVSU and UIndy respectively and 3/12 when GVSU and UIndy square off.

Thought Rollins also looked pretty good yesterday as well.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”