D1 Mens Lacrosse
Njlaxx11

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Ricky Meizan to UVA :shock:
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Is there any mid-semester activity on the portal for this spring?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:37 pm Is there any mid-semester activity on the portal for this spring?
Ricky Meizan to UVA. Here UVA official announcement
https://twitter.com/uvamenslax/status/1 ... mbAiTX-XBA
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:56 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:37 pm Is there any mid-semester activity on the portal for this spring?
Ricky Meizan to UVA. Here UVA official announcement
https://twitter.com/uvamenslax/status/1 ... mbAiTX-XBA
Thanks Area. Any other moves?
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Pezzimenti(Albany) and Berry (Mercer) will be on the Le Moyne roster this spring after being mid year transfers.
InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:21 pm Portal Dump with anyone of significance

Albany: Joey Pezzimenti (A)- Le Moyne
Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M), Matthew DeSouza (FO), Thomas Greenblatt (M), Max Napoli (M), Quinn O'Hara (M)
Bucknell: Daniel Striano (M)
Colgate: Connor Brook (M), Thomas Colucci (FO), Donny Gayhardt (D), Michael Lia (D)
Delaware: Corbin Minard (FO)
Harvard: Chase Yager (M)
Holy Cross: Jayce Lambert (M), Cameron Magalotti (M)
Jacksonville: Ezekiel Lomax (M), Luke Robinson (M), Steven Woolery (M)
Lafayette: Liam DiFonzo (M), JP Robinson (D), James Turco (FO)
Loyola: Joey Greco (G)
Marquette: Sean Richard (G)
Maryland: Brian Burlace (LSM), Jackson Marshall (G)
Mercer: Thomas Berry (A)- Le Moyne
Navy: Max Silva (LSM)
Notre Dame: Maximus Schalit (D)
Ohio State: Daniel Garone (M)
Princeton: Sam English (M), Jake Stevens (M), Alex Slusher (A), Beau Pederson (SSDM), Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A), Griffen Rakower (G), Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D)
Providence: Justin Bordner (FO)
Robert Morris: Matt Vanaman (A)
Rutgers: Erik Henig (M)
Sacred Heart: Nick Labanca (G)
St. Joe's: Ryan Kemp (A)
UMass: Kevin Lynch (D)
Vermont: Nicholas Alviti (LSM), Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State, Jackson Canfield (D), Stone Jacobs (A), Daniel Manning (D), Timothy Manning (D), Per-Anders Olter (A), Colin Sharkey (M)
Virginia: Daniel Parker (M)
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC

D2/D3/Other

Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Christopher Newport: Cambell Pozin (M)
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D), George Raymond (A)
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lenoir-Rhyne: Torin Eccleston (M), Bryce Reece (M)
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
Stanford Football: Ricky Meizan (M); Duke Reeder (D)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D)
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A)
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)

Key
* in the portal for 2025 season
# undergraduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:21 pm Portal Dump with anyone of significance

Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M)…
Would love to see Braddock bolster the mid unit at York, where he originally committed.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Tim Lindenbaum D VMI>>Jacksonville University Grad xfer
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:12 pm Tim Lindenbaum D VMI>>Jacksonville University Grad xfer
Congrats to your son. You must be proud.
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

BU transfer Jonathan Spiropoulos is finally on the roster at Hofstra. Will add depth to a strong, experienced close defense.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

laxpere wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:51 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:12 pm Tim Lindenbaum D VMI>>Jacksonville University Grad xfer
This will be my last post. No reflection on on fanlax. I have learned much about about programs, lacrosse and social media here. As a USNA grad I have been formed to despise JHU (43 years, ugh) but even after working with the fabulous APL it was not until fanlax that I came to appreciate your dedication to the lax program there and of course the school.

This is my last post because of the temptation I would find it hard to resist to violate one of my principles about not saying something in the social media you might regret later.

The head coach of a school mentioned above in this thread called my son today and withdrew his offer. This after (A) the offer, (B) helping him select the MBA program best fitted for him, (C) several phone calls on admission procedures/finance, (D) my son calling him and accepting his offer and (E) meeting him in person.

The only explanation given to my son was "We found a different player."

So be it.

As a past commanding officer of a naval ship I understand the responsibility of command and putting the command first. I understand the naked cruelty of being beholden to a won-loss record. I also understand the integrity of your word.
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

The integrity part is a lot more important. GL to your son. I suspect he will do well with his VMI degree.
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:28 pm
This will be my last post. No reflection on on fanlax. I have learned much about about programs, lacrosse and social media here. As a USNA grad I have been formed to despise JHU (43 years, ugh) but even after working with the fabulous APL it was not until fanlax that I came to appreciate your dedication to the lax program there and of course the school.

This is my last post because of the temptation I would find it hard to resist to violate one of my principles about not saying something in the social media you might regret later.

The head coach of a school mentioned above in this thread called my son today and withdrew his offer. This after (A) the offer, (B) helping him select the MBA program best fitted for him, (C) several phone calls on admission procedures/finance, (D) my son calling him and accepting his offer and (E) meeting him in person.

So be it.

As a past commanding officer of a naval ship I understand the responsibility of command and putting the command first. I understand the naked cruelty of being beholden to a won-loss record. I also understand the integrity of your word.
Sad to read for your son, for faith in that program, and for our losing future contributions from you on the boards. Fair winds and following seas to you and your son.
Crease Crank

Post by Crease Crank »

Curious when we should expect to see the transfer portal popping with names again? Does the NCAA restrict entry during the season?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Interesting watching the Penn/Cornell game. They said that Hanley may enter the portal
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

So be it.

If your son has your integrity, he will be fine.

As for the head coach at issue, I will do the job for you. What an @$$hole.

Best wishes to your son.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:45 pm Interesting watching the Penn/Cornell game. They said that Hanley may enter the portal
Penn and Johns Hopkins have overlapped for decades in competing for the same student pool. Those who do well at one school often do well at the other. There are lots of highly successful people out there with both Penn and Hopkins degrees.

Just some completely objective and neutral observations.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

So be it.

All the best to you and your son. I have always enjoyed your posts. Maybe come back after some time away.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:45 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:45 pm Interesting watching the Penn/Cornell game. They said that Hanley may enter the portal
Penn and Johns Hopkins have overlapped for decades in competing for the same student pool. Those who do well at one school often do well at the other. There are lots of highly successful people out there with both Penn and Hopkins degrees.

Weren’t you soliciting a St Johns kid last spring/summer?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm

Yeah … but kid went to another program.

Anyway, Handley would be a good fit at Hopkins.

@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm

Yeah … but kid went to another program.

Anyway, Handley would be a good fit at Hopkins.

I know but pointing out profiles don’t matter for you in case that want obvious to the universe.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”