cltlax

2023 Rankings - D3 Women

Post by cltlax »

lax410

Re: 2023 Rankings - D3 Women

Post by lax410 »

Interesting list.

1-12 look roughly in order.

13-20 seem a little random to me. I wouldn’t put Bowdoin over Trinity or Hamilton. No Messiah. I think it’s hard to rank schools like UChicago who don’t play a lot of ranked opponents.
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

Polls are rarely adjusted from the last year final poll. i think TCNJ will return to Salem as they lose only one grad (albeit a stud and feeder). They play Midd again this year at home (how do they play 75% of games at home every year?) That game will be telling for both teams.

Colby has a brutal opening weekend at Tufts Saturday March 4 and then AT Sparks MD to play Salisbury the next day. That's a lot of traveling with tough games. Since Nescac starts late Salisbury has big advantage here. I can see Colby beating Tufts which had many losses to graduation and the first week "wild west" in Nescac play. Colby brings back a great attack but had heavy losses in the back end to graduation.

Gettysburg brings back most contributors from a 2022 final four team and will battle with F&M who seems to underachieve in playoffs over the last half dozen season. Maybe F&M re-loads with new freshman class? The departing class was a good one.

William Smith and W&L are the class of their respective conferences. There is new coaching at W&L but they return a strong lineup.

kudos to Salisbury with the toughest schedule I have seen for 2023. Having only three teams in the conference gives them the flexibility to schedule these games so that team will be battle tested come May.

As always there will be some outstanding first years who can shake things up out of the gate. The new coach at Amherst may reinvigorate that team and Wesleyan and Bowdoin are always tough. Midd Colby and Tufts look to be strong again.

Out west Denison and u of Chicago will be good. While not facing stellar competition both teams travel to play east coast teams during the year. I can see U of Chicago pulling in great players from the Midwest and becoming a power quickly as an attractive academic competitor to the Nescacs .

Any other teams making noise in 2023?
lax410

Post by lax410 »

I wouldn’t sleep on Kenyon. They did well last year and many of their contributors are younger. They seem to being doing well with recruits.

Haverford made a good run last year but I think their main contributors graduated. It’d be great to see more of a three team competition in the Centennial Conf.

Interesting to see what happens with Amherst with the new coach. Of the NESCACs beyond Midd and Tufts, interested to see what Wesleyan and Colby can do this year.
cltlax

2023 D3 Preseason All-Americans

Post by cltlax »

Dr. Tact

Re: 2023 D3 Preseason All-Americans

Post by Dr. Tact »

Middlebury is the team to beat...4 1st/2nd teamers...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”