Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:12 am
get it to x wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:57 am Trump used over the top insults to win the primaries. If he had acted like Jeb! he would never have won. Hilary revealed the Progressive (as well as the so called Establishment's), disdain for every day Americans. Trump got elected precisely because of these revelations, and he would be stupid to not continue to reveal them. Take the border issue. Any thinking person knows we have a porous border with all of the attendant problems, like fentanyl deaths. Rather than save what could be many lives they "resist" to avoid giving the President a win. We are in a rowboat that is spinning in a circle while drifting downstream because centralized power is more important to one party than serving the people.
+1
My family just lost a 25 year old two weeks ago to heroin/fentanyl. 3 deaths the same night in his small town on Cape Cod.
His funeral was yesterday.

Our problem is not the "porous border". Most fentanyl comes by traditional post.

You guys need to stop with this BS you've been fed. It's really, really ignorant.

Real lives are at stake.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 am
get it to x wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:57 am Trump used over the top insults to win the primaries. If he had acted like Jeb! he would never have won. Hilary revealed the Progressive (as well as the so called Establishment's), disdain for every day Americans. Trump got elected precisely because of these revelations, and he would be stupid to not continue to reveal them. Take the border issue. Any thinking person knows we have a porous border with all of the attendant problems, like fentanyl deaths. Rather than save what could be many lives they "resist" to avoid giving the President a win. We are in a rowboat that is spinning in a circle while drifting downstream because centralized power is more important to one party than serving the people.
+1
My family just lost a 25 year old two weeks ago to heroin/fentanyl. 3 deaths the same night in his small town on Cape Cod.

Our problem is not the "porous border". Most fentanyl comes by traditional post.

You guys need to stop with this BS you've been fed. It's really, really ignorant.

Real lives are at stake.
Sorry for your loss. So young

However the CDC disagrees with your assessment. I agree real lives are at stake.

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/fentanyl.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

BTW, what the heck does this issue, much less even "the Wall" have to do with one party (I assume Dems) wanting "centralized power"???

Do you mean State vs Federal?

Texas and Arizona can build all the wall they want.

Or is the issue that Trump can't get the money he wants from Congress? You don't like the balance of powers fundamental to the Constitution?

Heck, he couldn't even manage to do a deal when the GOP controlled Congress. Actually, that's all on him, $25B was on the table and he rejected it.

It seems like what Trumpists really want is a dictator, a 'strong man', who can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, doesn't need any consensus...as long as he tells his base that he's doing it to 'protect' them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:47 am
+1

Real lives are at stake.
Sorry for your loss. So young

However the CDC disagrees with your assessment. I agree real lives are at stake.

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/fentanyl.html
Thank you.
Sister-in-law's step son.
My wife met the parents of one of the others who died that night. 28 year old, married, two children.

But what does the CDC disagree with?
That link talks about deaths. Yes, it's a horrible scourge.
That's my point too.

But the fentanyl is coming in (illegally) through legal ports of entry and post/cargo.
It's not going to slow down a whit with a wall.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Want to get truly serious about this scourge?

There would be enormous support for way, way more treatment capabilities.

Put the executives of Pharma co's who not just recklessly, but fraudulently, pushed opioids into jail. Shut down those companies.

Invest much more heavily into illegal drug interdiction through ports of entry, cargo, post etc.
Continue to invest in technology to interdict cross border drug traffic.

Stop with the demonization of poor people seeking a better life in America, that's an ugly distraction from real issues.

Frankly, though, I don't think we ever really break this sort of thing, including the next addiction scourge, until we decriminalize usage, get this out of the shadows pushed by criminals seeking extraordinary ROI.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am Want to get truly serious about this scourge?

Put the executives of Pharma co's who not just recklessly, but fraudulently, pushed opioids into jail. Shut down those companies.

Invest much more heavily into illegal drug interdiction through ports of entry, cargo, post etc.

Stop with the demonization of poor people seeking a better life in America, that's an ugly distraction from real issues.

Frankly, though, I don't think we ever really break this sort of thing, including the next addiction scourge, until we decriminalize usage, get this out of the shadows pushed by criminals seeking extraordinary ROI.
Plenty of fentanyl comes over the border, as does meth, cocaine and heroin. But when one migrant kid dies, whose parents put through an arduous journey and didn't get medical care until it was too late, it's held up as an example of cruel border custody issues. As for "not wanting poor people seeking a better life in America", I'm for as many as we need that apply through legal channels. I'm happy to treat guest workers just like I'd treat house guests.

On the first warm night this spring go to bed with all of your doors and windows open. You might not get the guests you would normally invite.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 am Want to get truly serious about this scourge?

Plenty of fentanyl comes over the border, as does meth, cocaine and heroin. But when one migrant kid dies, whose parents put through an arduous journey and didn't get medical care until it was too late, it's held up as an example of cruel border custody issues. As for "not wanting poor people seeking a better life in America", I'm for as many as we need that apply through legal channels. I'm happy to treat guest workers just like I'd treat house guests.

On the first warm night this spring go to bed with all of your doors and windows open. You might not get the guests you would normally invite.
Again, the vast majority of fentanyl is not coming through gaps in the 'wall'. It's coming through legal ports of entry and common post.

Stop with this.

Yes, drugs are coming across the southern border, indeed all sorts of ways. Over, under, however. The profit incentive is huge.

I wrote a few weeks ago about the comments of a former Coast Guard drug enforcement officer who said that our land border is the least of our problems. Super easy to come in by boat. He thinks the wall is a huge waste, invest in technology.

I agree that hyperbolic name calling can come from the left. Not actually helpful.

Glad to hear you'll welcome folks, seeking safety and freedom and a chance for a better economic life. Me too.

People are coming to legal ports of entry, presenting themselves...legally... for asylum.
And our response is to withdraw humanitarian support for the countries they're fleeing.
Build a wall.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:43 am

Again, the vast majority of fentanyl is not coming through gaps in the 'wall'. It's coming through legal ports of entry and common post.

Stop with this.

Yes, drugs are coming across the southern border, indeed all sorts of ways. Over, under, however. The profit incentive is huge.

I wrote a few weeks ago about the comments of a former Coast Guard drug enforcement officer who said that our land border is the least of our problems. Super easy to come in by boat. He thinks the wall is a huge waste, invest in technology.

I agree that hyperbolic name calling can come from the left. Not actually helpful.

Glad to hear you'll welcome folks, seeking safety and freedom and a chance for a better economic life. Me too.

People are coming to legal ports of entry, presenting themselves...legally... for asylum.
And our response is to withdraw humanitarian support for the countries they're fleeing.
Build a wall.
It would be easier to change the asylum laws. You do admit most of these poor people are economic migrants and not asylum seekers in the legal sense of the word, don't you?

And to add, very few non "elites" have the privilege of their own walls.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:55 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:43 am

Stop with this.

Build a wall.
It would be easier to change the asylum laws. You do admit most of these poor people are economic migrants and not asylum seekers in the legal sense of the word, don't you?

And to add, very few non "elites" have the privilege of their own walls.
I don't think your assertion that most of these are economic migrants (not safety) is accurate. Undoubtedly some are fleeing destitution, skyrocketing inflation, food shortages, no medical supplies, etc. Yup, undoubtedly.

But coupled with such destitution is fear of the drug gangs with the breakdown of society. Families with their kids forced to work for the gangs, moms and daughters raped, death threats, etc.

This is much more than 'economic migration', the notion as if it's an entirely voluntary sort of thing versus existential.

Not sure what your final sentence means. Are you talking about the terror these people are fleeing from, given they aren't 'elite' and don't have 'walls' to protect them?

Or are you saying that non-elites in America don't have 'walls' to protect them? I'd agree with either statement, I just don't see the connection.

Unless you are saying, as nativists have said in every wave of migration to our country throughout our history, these people are dangerous and should be feared.

They aren't us.
They're the Other.

That's what Trump and the hard right nativist wing of American populism have been saying, again and again and again.

Be afraid. Very afraid.
And I'm the 'strong man' who will protect you.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

No such thing as gateway drugs.....only gateway friends.

Speaking of drugs:

And the pathetic liberal judges and legal system in Massachusettes needs a big dose of vigilante justice.

I mean, check THESE stories out.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20170 ... fter-crash

And ...

https://patch.com/massachusetts/barnsta ... dose-death

And..

https://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20180 ... 2017-crash

and

https://patch.com/massachusetts/barnsta ... g-march-12

2:41 pm - Larceny shoplifting was reported at Best Buy, arrest made. Police arrested Miles Taylor of 21 Cranes Ln., Brewster for shoplifting by concealing merchandise and on a warrant.

POS Miles Taylor lost his brother Derek to addiction in 2013.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/losttoaddiction

Two years later, and Todd Brown is STILL running loose in the world. friggin crazy. I thought if you violated parole, you automatically went to jail?
These people are terrorists, END OF STORY.
Brown released on $5000 bail. insanity. Miles Taylor, of Brewster, on $2500 bail. Our legal system is an embarrassment. Our courts are too busy with forced bathroom renovations and pronoun lawsuits, I guess.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I don't know who is a POS and who is an addict under the control of drugs.

I do know the story of the 25 year old in my family.

Divorced parents, mom a troubled person with mental issues, but son raised half time in a stable home. But not full time. Pretty normal HS life, definitely issues though as he was clearly rebellious.

3 step sisters, 2 older, oldest with Downs, my sister-in-law strict disciplinarian, managing work and kids . His dad often out to sea, but very attentive when home, but always struggling to have a relationship. Kid was loved.

My son and he same age, both lax players (though in very different lax worlds), so when visiting my son stayed in his room. They got on, but not at all alike in how they approached the world, their aspirations.

Decided to go into the military rather than college. Sexually assaulted in boot camp, began drinking much more heavily, drugs. Hurt his knee, operation. The gamut, alcohol, pot, coke, opioids, then heroin. Asked to take a leave of absence from military with invitation to return when straightened out.

A mess, stealing from family, in and out of interventions. We thought he was clean these past 6 months, holding down a job. Expectations were he'd return to military and finish out.

These drugs alter brain chemistry, and for those most susceptible, it's really crushing. The drugs are in control.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

+1

Real lives are at stake.
Truly sorry for the loss MD. I lost a 65 year old uncle months back, my mother found her brother with the needle still in his hand only a few hours after it happened. Coroner says it happens that quick, never even had time to feel the heroin kick in...boom-dead.

Maybe if your house gets termites you'll go buy more wood and store it in the basement to keep the termites happy, instead of treating the root cause. Termites are our friends, they should be welcomed at all costs, they do not know better, they are just seeking asylum from the ant colonies, you should welcome them at all points of entry into your home and even those that enter where you lease expected it. :lol: ;) Just a dose of humor to lighten the day.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:48 pm
+1

Real lives are at stake.
Truly sorry for the loss MD. I lost a 65 year old uncle months back, my mother found her brother with the needle still in his hand only a few hours after it happened. Coroner says it happens that quick, never even had time to feel the heroin kick in...boom-dead.

Maybe if your house gets termites you'll go buy more wood and store it in the basement to keep the termites happy, instead of treating the root cause. Termites are our friends, they should be welcomed at all costs, they do not know better, they are just seeking asylum from the ant colonies, you should welcome them at all points of entry into your home and even those that enter where you lease expected it. :lol: ;) Just a dose of humor to lighten the day.
Thanks, youth, same for your family's loss.
Brutal, brutal scourge.
This is the sort of thing that really should bring us together, not divide us.

Not sure I get the termites analogy. Surely you're not comparing these immigrants, whether economic migrants or fleeing terror, to... termites?

Maybe I need a better sense of humor.

Unless you're making fun of the nativist POV, I don't get it.
We need an emoji...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:40 pm I don't know who is a POS and who is an addict under the control of drugs.

Divorced parents, mom a troubled person with mental issues, but son raised half time in a stable home. But not full time. Pretty normal HS life, definitely issues though as he was clearly rebellious.

3 step sisters, 2 older, oldest with Downs, my sister-in-law strict disciplinarian, managing work and kids . His dad often out to sea, but very attentive when home, but always struggling to have a relationship. Kid was loved.

My son and he same age, both lax players (though in very different lax worlds), so when visiting my son stayed in his room. They got on, but not at all alike in how they approached the world, their aspirations.

Decided to go into the military rather than college. Sexually assaulted in boot camp, began drinking much more heavily, drugs. Hurt his knee, operation. The gamut, alcohol, pot, coke, opioids, then heroin. Asked to take a leave of absence from military with invitation to return when straightened out.

A mess, stealing from family, in and out of interventions. We thought he was clean these past 6 months, holding down a job. Expectations were he'd return to military and finish out.

These drugs alter brain chemistry, and for those most susceptible, it's really crushing. The drugs are in control.
My point is that our legal system hands out wrist slaps for terrorists that sell these horrible drugs. Todd Brown and Miles Taylor have criminal backgrounds. If you get caught selling heroin/fentynol......there should be ZERO bail. Ever. Instead, these two POS, on Cape Cod, are out of jail. Brown was on probation. THAT is my point. I don't know if these two sold your relative the drugs.......but if not, probably know who did.

If our legal system won't end these terrorists, perhaps someone should. My, or others, personnel stories don't really matter if the source of these drugs, and the dealers, are treated like jay walkers. People have been fined more than these terrorists had to pay in bail for fishing without a license. Or taking oysters. Are legal system is messed up, that is all I am saying.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/illega ... rman-16000
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:40 pm I don't know who is a POS and who is an addict under the control of drugs.

My point is that our legal system hands out wrist slaps for terrorists that sell these horrible drugs. Todd Brown and Miles Taylor have criminal backgrounds. If you get caught selling heroin/fentynol......there should be ZERO bail. Ever. Instead, these two POS, on Cape Cod, are out of jail. Brown was on probation. THAT is my point. I don't know if these two sold your relative the drugs.......but if not, probably know who did.

If our legal system won't end these terrorists, perhaps someone should. My, or others, personnel stories don't really matter if the source of these drugs, and the dealers, are treated like jay walkers. People have been fined more than these terrorists had to pay in bail for fishing without a license. Or taking oysters. Are legal system is messed up, that is all I am saying.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/illega ... rman-16000
Perhaps right; sounds like these two are caught up in the addiction too.

Again, the drugs take the mind. People do all sorts of bad when addicted.

My view is that until we decriminalize usage, regulate, we won't break the economic system that undergirds all of this.

I do think we should throw away the key on the drug lords.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Chicken/egg, catch 22 when it comes to terrorist drug use. That includes cocaine.

And you are glossing over the failure of our legal system. Manafort was denied bail.....of any amount. :roll: Who did HE sell drugs too? Who died b/c he didn't register as a foreign agent? It's sickening to think that these guys are driving around the streets where I drive, especially in the summer.

I wouldn't even know how to start looking to purchase heroin, but probably wouldn't have too much difficulty. Besides 2 or 3 people, in my entire life, I don't know anyone that has used it. Why I started with gateway drugs vs gateway friends. You can bet this guy vets ALL friends the kids hang with. And who hangs with THOSE kids too. No, not failsafe, but it's worked so far. Has for millions of others as well. Not really understanding the "thrill" of taking a drug that makes you drozzi, especially when in the company of a "hottie" and the other option is banging like bunnies for a few hours and THEN falling asleep. Only to do it all over again. Sex is the best drug evah. If you don't think so, feel sorry for you. (collective)

Why smaller schools, with "forced" extracurricular activities, is SO crucial to this nations well being. At the very least, it keeps an eye on youngsters. But, I guess that is just me, the most liberal guy on these threads.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm Chicken/egg, catch 22 when it comes to terrorist drug use. That includes cocaine.

And you are glossing over the failure of our legal system. Manafort was denied bail.....of any amount. :roll: Who did HE sell drugs too? Who died b/c he didn't register as a foreign agent? It's sickening to think that these guys are driving around the streets where I drive, especially in the summer.

I wouldn't even know how to start looking to purchase heroin, but probably wouldn't have too much difficulty. Besides 2 or 3 people, in my entire life, I don't know anyone that has used it. Why I started with gateway drugs vs gateway friends. You can bet this guy vets ALL friends the kids hang with. And who hangs with THOSE kids too. No, not failsafe, but it's worked so far. Has for millions of others as well. Not really understanding the "thrill" of taking a drug that makes you drozzi, especially when in the company of a "hottie" and the other option is banging like bunnies for a few hours and THEN falling asleep. Only to do it all over again. Sex is the best drug evah. If you don't think so, feel sorry for you. (collective)

Why smaller schools, with "forced" extracurricular activities, is SO crucial to this nations well being. At the very least, it keeps an eye on youngsters. But, I guess that is just me, the most liberal guy on these threads.
Manafort's easy; big time flight risk.

I didn't read those articles that carefully, just the list. Were those guys caught selling drugs and released on bail, or just caught under the influence?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:28 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:03 pm Chicken/egg, catch 22 when it comes to terrorist drug use. That includes cocaine.

Manafort's easy; big time flight risk.

I didn't read those articles that carefully, just the list. Were those guys caught selling drugs and released on bail, or just caught under the influence?
Carefully? Or just not at all.............but, to answer your question both (for Todd Brown) Miles Taylor got arrested for shoplifting, also in my prior post. These guys, most likely, shirt bagz way before they hit their teens.

The 2nd link: would take all of 20 seconds to read the entire article.

YARMOUTH, MA — Two men have been charged in connection with a Cape Cod woman's fatal overdose earlier this month. On March 6, police found the 53-year-old Yarmouth woman dead in her apartment on Alewife Circle in Swan Pond Village.

There were "obvious" signs of drug use at the scene — an uncapped needle, spoon with residue, a cotton ball and Narcan, Yarmouth police said in a statement. Investigators linked the drugs to 34-year-old Miles Taylor, of Brewster, and 33-year-old Todd Brown, of Chatham, according to police.

The men are charged with charged with conspiracy to violate the Massachusetts drug laws and distribution of a Class A drug (heroin/fentanyl). Taylor was arraigned in Barnstable District Court Friday and released on $2,500 cash bail.

Brown was arrested Monday and held overnight on $5,000 cash bail. He was arraigned in Barnstable District Court Tuesday.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, you're right.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:59 am
Boeing stock is rising again (great buy opportunity)
Based on what?

As of today, BA has real risk if it closes below 364, with the major support line at 320. Upside buy should come when a new double top closes at 392...here is where I would consider a partial position.

While in this range, I would be inclined to wait until a more stable bottom has been put it or a clear breakout to the upside.
BA gave a buy signal when it broke out above 388....stock rose to 396.

BA now down to 377, putting in a reversal from the buy signal...if BA closes below 364, it will be taking out a triple bottom support.

Return to “POLITICS”