Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:53 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:29 am
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:13 am Man, the sheer STUPID is thick in here today...

:shock: :shock:
yup, it's exhausting...I'm wondering whether our troll will eventually resort to another cranky ;) poster's claim that Mother Earth will take care of all issues, ala this one's "it all works out in the end"...he'll substitute God for Mother Earth...but it's all the same...someone else's problem, out of our hands...

Funny you mention it. The earth does solve all environmental problems.

That doesn’t stop the hysteria from the emotionally unbalanced, narcissistic left from screaming about how we only have eight years left however. (Even though Obama and Gore can’t get enough beachfront property! 😂 🤡)
God what a mah-roon. The earth solves no environmental problems, it lets them run their course. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/what-is- ... h-one.html

Yeah, we’re gonna have a ‘mass extinction level event’. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you guys hear yourselves?
I wish I lived near the Boca Grande Bridge that you live under. I’d love to meet you in person to tell you to your face what an incomprehensibly dumb fook you are.

(Written with full knowledge this may result in my first trip to the penalty box, but so worth it. What an effing moron.)

Why do you guys constantly say ‘I might get sent to the box and I don’t care!’? Do you know how many of you say this?

Here’s a suggestion, SC: try to debate the issues. Just the issues. You post a link saying there have been 6 extinction events. I presume the point is the earth is capable of such. But in what universe do you live to suggest we are anywhere close to that today?

We’re fine. Your heroes Obama and Gore keep buying oceanfront property while you get hysterical if there’s a rain storm. You’re being played because you’re emotional.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Tucker Carlson Claims Mass Shooters ‘Are Going Nuts’ Because Women ‘Never Stop Lecturing Them About Their So-Called Privilege’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carl ... privilege/

Tucker Carlson reacted to Monday’s Independence Day shooting in Illinois by suggesting young men are being driven crazy in part by prescription drugs and lectures about their privilege.

The Fox News host noted the troubled past of Robert Crimo III, who police say shot and killed seven people from a rooftop in Highland Park, Illinois. Police had responded to Crimo’s parents’ house on at least two occasions: once after he threatened to kill himself, and another after he threatened to kill members of his family. In the second incident, officers removed several of Crimo’s knives from the home.

“Look at Robert ‘Bobby’ Crimo,” said Carlson as a photo of the suspect appeared onscreen. “Would you sell a gun to that guy? Does he seem like a nutcase? Of course he does.”

The host then asked, “So, why didn’t anyone raise an alarm?” despite the fact he just mentioned the police visits to his home.

“Well, maybe because he didn’t stand out,” Carlson continued. “Maybe because there are a lot of young men in America who suddenly look and act a lot like this guy.”

He added that young men like Crimo are “numbed by the endless psychotropic drugs that are handed out at every school in the country by crackpots posing as counselors.”

Carlson also said they’re angry:

And of course, they’re angry. They know that their lives will not be better than their parents’. They’ll be worse. That’s all but guaranteed. They know that. They’re not that stupid. And yet the authorities in their lives – mostly women – never stop lecturing them about their so-called privilege. “You’re male, you’re privileged!”

Imagine that. Try to imagine an unhealthier, unhappier life than that. So, a lot of young men in America are going nuts. Are you surprised?

He then listed several mass shooters who had been prescribed prescription antidepressants.

“So, is there a connection?” Carlson asked. “Well, we don’t know definitively. We do know there are a whole lot more of these drugs being taken by kids than ever before and by than entire population.”

Counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/ ... 0216893102

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives preached individual responsibility and abhorred blaming society for the acts of criminal. Yet when a deranged young white dude is accused....

Blaming women has been their answer, all the way back to Eve.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:50 am Tucker Carlson Claims Mass Shooters ‘Are Going Nuts’ Because Women ‘Never Stop Lecturing Them About Their So-Called Privilege’

Tucker Carlson reacted to Monday’s Independence Day shooting in Illinois by suggesting young men are being driven crazy in part by prescription drugs and lectures about their privilege.

The Fox News host noted the troubled past of Robert Crimo III, who police say shot and killed seven people from a rooftop in Highland Park, Illinois. Police had responded to Crimo’s parents’ house on at least two occasions: once after he threatened to kill himself, and another after he threatened to kill members of his family. In the second incident, officers removed several of Crimo’s knives from the home.

“Look at Robert ‘Bobby’ Crimo,” said Carlson as a photo of the suspect appeared onscreen. “Would you sell a gun to that guy? Does he seem like a nutcase? Of course he does.”

The host then asked, “So, why didn’t anyone raise an alarm?” despite the fact he just mentioned the police visits to his home.

“Well, maybe because he didn’t stand out,” Carlson continued. “Maybe because there are a lot of young men in America who suddenly look and act a lot like this guy.”

He added that young men like Crimo are “numbed by the endless psychotropic drugs that are handed out at every school in the country by crackpots posing as counselors.”

And of course, they’re angry. They know that their lives will not be better than their parents’. They’ll be worse. That’s all but guaranteed. They know that. They’re not that stupid. And yet the authorities in their lives – mostly women – never stop lecturing them about their so-called privilege. “You’re male, you’re privileged!”

Imagine that. Try to imagine an unhealthier, unhappier life than that. So, a lot of young men in America are going nuts. Are you surprised?

He then listed several mass shooters who had been prescribed prescription antidepressants.

“So, is there a connection?” Carlson asked. “Well, we don’t know definitively. We do know there are a whole lot more of these drugs being taken by kids than ever before and by than entire population.”

Counterpoint:

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives preached individual responsibility and abhorred blaming society for the acts of criminal. Yet when a deranged young white dude is accused....

Yup, blame the women. This is republiCON orthodoxy these days. Women are property that needs to be controlled.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:50 am Tucker Carlson Claims Mass Shooters ‘Are Going Nuts’ Because Women ‘Never Stop Lecturing Them About Their So-Called Privilege’

Counterpoint:

Yup, blame the women. This is republiCON orthodoxy these days. Women are property that needs to be controlled.

And Democrats can’t even define what a woman is.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I am sure the democrats know you fascists are conducting a war on women
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:37 am ... I am sure the democrats know you fascists are conducting a war on women

Everyone I Disagree with Is a Fascist™️
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... and the women are coming to understand the war being waged on them by republiCONs. :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:41 am Yup, blame the women. This is republiCON orthodoxy these days. Women are property that needs to be controlled.

and isn't it interesting how right wingers suddenly have forgotten their sermons about personal responsibility - but then, these rules only apply to Democrats according to those right wing delusionals
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Re: CONservatives

Post by Brooklyn »

'I blame myself': Woman fears refusal to date Crimo sparked rampage

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/i- ... ss-AAZgSPU

'I blame myself': Woman fears refusal to date Crimo sparked rampage
Highland Park shooter Bobby Crimo was about to be thrown out of the apartment where he lived behind his father's home, DailyMail.com can reveal exclusively. And the man who caused terror at a July 4 parade was spurned by a neighbor who he desperately wanted to date.

Obviously, Crimo is an incel which is typical of so many low self esteem right wing delusionals.

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Ugh, Daily Mail. Either way it's not her fault at all. She didn't owe a desperate loser a date. Sleazeballs like the shooter and Carlson want girls to think they "owe" men things like dates and sex and babies. And that they don't deserve the same equal treatment and rights as men. Guess when you're a super-rich trust fund kid like Carlson you grow up thinking you're owed a lot. And when you're a kid like the shooter who sees right wing media on a day in and day out basis? Media telling him he's owed something, and to be angry at the libs and women, he really believes he's owed success and women. And when he doesn't get it, he blames the people he's told to blame.

The "blame it on the women" thinking is the age old angry "tough" guys who smack their women around and say "look what you made me do!" Pathetic losers.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:03 pm Ugh, Daily Mail. Either way it's not her fault at all. She didn't owe a desperate loser a date. Sleazeballs like the shooter and Carlson want girls to think they "owe" men things like dates and sex and babies. And that they don't deserve the same equal treatment and rights as men. Guess when you're a super-rich trust fund kid like Carlson you grow up thinking you're owed a lot. And when you're a kid like the shooter who sees right wing media on a day in and day out basis? Media telling him he's owed something, and to be angry at the libs and women, he really believes he's owed success and women. And when he doesn't get it, he blames the people he's told to blame.

The "blame it on the women" thinking is the age old angry "tough" guys who smack their women around and say "look what you made me do!" Pathetic losers.
On the other side of Chicago, this would have been just another summer weekend.
They know how to keep their women in their places down there,
& those guns would not have been legally purchased.
Troubled young men, without male family role models, can find it in their gang.
It takes a village.
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:03 pm Ugh, Daily Mail. Either way it's not her fault at all. She didn't owe a desperate loser a date. Sleazeballs like the shooter and Carlson want girls to think they "owe" men things like dates and sex and babies. And that they don't deserve the same equal treatment and rights as men. Guess when you're a super-rich trust fund kid like Carlson you grow up thinking you're owed a lot. And when you're a kid like the shooter who sees right wing media on a day in and day out basis? Media telling him he's owed something, and to be angry at the libs and women, he really believes he's owed success and women. And when he doesn't get it, he blames the people he's told to blame.

It takes a village.
Wonder if your side has kept most minorities incarcerated, pushed economic inequality, jailed tons of fathers for weed and non-violent drug offences, kept them from getting homes, force sterilizations, experiments, taken homes via imminent domain for interstates, kept them from getting mortgages via redlining, kept them from buying legal guns, and in general tried to keep them down for decades. Then blame them for not getting ahead and becoming desperate. Wonder if your side would not care if they got guns illegally either. That's not getting into pre-WWII.

Takes a village to oppress another village.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:11 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 pm

It takes a village.
Wonder if your side has kept most minorities incarcerated, pushed economic inequality, jailed tons of fathers for weed and non-violent drug offences, kept them from getting homes, force sterilizations, experiments, taken homes via imminent domain for interstates, kept them from getting mortgages via redlining, kept them from buying legal guns, and in general tried to keep them down for decades. Then blame them for not getting ahead and becoming desperate. Wonder if your side would not care if they got guns illegally either. That's not getting into pre-WWII.

Takes a village to oppress another village.
" my side " ? I don't disagree with any of the issues you raised ? Why don't we have this same response from our political leaders after every deadly weekend ? In our Great Society, why was last weekend any more tragic than any other weekend with that many or more victims of gun violence?
Lot's of crickets from "your side" about the weekly death tolls in our cities. Go disarm the gangs,
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:38 am" my side " ? I don't disagree with any of the issues you raised ? Why don't we have this same response from our political leaders after every deadly weekend ? In our Great Society, why was last weekend any more tragic than any other weekend with that many or more victims of gun violence?
Lot's of crickets from "your side" about the weekly death tolls in our cities.
We do have lots of responses every week, every shooting, every day. Some aren't paying attention it seems, just going off of a few "mainstream" sources who say there aren't responses.

Lots of attempts to make the weekly death tolls in our cities better, guns, suicides, drugs and more. Lots of attempts to make the weekly death tolls in our rural areas better. Few ideas at all coming from one half of America to make inner cities safer, or to make rural areas safer. Or any place in between.

Lots of initiatives, and legislation trying to get passed. Some smart, some dumb, but most coming from a place of hope. Mostly one-sided.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:44 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:38 am" my side " ? I don't disagree with any of the issues you raised ? Why don't we have this same response from our political leaders after every deadly weekend ? In our Great Society, why was last weekend any more tragic than any other weekend with that many or more victims of gun violence?
We do have lots of responses every week, every shooting, every day. Some aren't paying attention it seems, just going off of a few "mainstream" sources who say there aren't responses.

Lots of attempts to make the weekly death tolls in our cities better, guns, suicides, drugs and more. Lots of attempts to make the weekly death tolls in our rural areas better. Few ideas at all coming from one half of America to make inner cities safer, or to make rural areas safer. Or any place in between.

Lots of initiatives, and legislation trying to get passed. Some smart, some dumb, but most coming from a place of hope. Mostly one-sided.
imho -- "all sides" need to accept that we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:05 am

imho -- "all sides" need to accept that we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate.
Agreed; all sides. But isn't it pretty clear that Democrats are not standing in the way of some kind of meaningful gun regulation? Murphy (D. Connecticut) and allies made a deal, but the deal was watered down to meet the minimal electoral needs of the GOP participants. And the risk to GOP members is exemplified by the hits aimed at Cornyn, who did appear to be trying, within the envelope he has to work with, on something meaningful. People are going to die at parades and barbeques and churches and movies and concerts and classrooms and campuses and retail stores until the GOP has the courage to start explaining gun regulation to their base.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"all sides" do think "we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate"

The challenge is that "one side" simply wants to blame those mired in poverty for their "death toll" and thinks the "solution" is mass incarceration and heavy handed policing, and aren't willing to have their taxes be increased to address anything else, AND think that the solution to the violence is more and more guns, no matter the destructive potential of the weapon... as if it's a 'war' between those "law abiding" and the "criminals" from the "inner city".

Whereas the other "other side" thinks that poverty needs to be comprehensively addressed, at significant cost to taxpayers, and that the massive proliferation of guns, and the glorification of same, feeds the violence...

And one side thinks that a 'war on drugs' will someday work and that locking up a few of the sellers of street-available drugs will solve the problem of the economic value of a street corner...

Whereas the other side thinks that legalization will ultimately be necessary to stop the violence over street corners...

But yeah, let's pretend that "other side" doesn't "accept we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate" :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:04 am

"all sides" do think "we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate"

The challenge is that "one side" simply wants to blame those mired in poverty for their "death toll" and thinks the "solution" is mass incarceration and heavy handed policing, and aren't willing to have their taxes be increased to address anything else, AND think that the solution to the violence is more and more guns, no matter the destructive potential of the weapon... as if it's a 'war' between those "law abiding" and the "criminals" from the "inner city".

Whereas the other "other side" thinks that poverty needs to be comprehensively addressed, at significant cost to taxpayers, and that the massive proliferation of guns, and the glorification of same, feeds the violence...

And one side thinks that a 'war on drugs' will someday work and that locking up a few of the sellers of street-available drugs will solve the problem of the economic value of a street corner...

Whereas the other side thinks that legalization will ultimately be necessary to stop the violence over street corners...

But yeah, let's pretend that "other side" doesn't "accept we have a serious problem & that the things we are doing to fix it are inadequate" :roll:

This entire post is like a hackneyed DNC marketing cliche. :roll:

Two of the most effective and persistent carceral industry objectors are Rand Paul and Justin Amash. What side are they on, MD?

Kamala Harris begged judges to not release prisoners because they were cheap labor. What side is she?

When the situation calls for it, guys like MD try to simplify the storylines so their narratives work. In reality, like nearly everything, it requires a tad more reflection.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

^^^^ republiCON fantasy and lies :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:38 am " my side " ? I don't disagree with any of the issues you raised ? Why don't we have this same response from our political leaders after every deadly weekend ?
Because those aren't white people.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:38 am In our Great Society, why was last weekend any more tragic than any other weekend with that many or more victims of gun violence?
White people were shot. In a wealthy part of Chicago. And the kid was on a roof.

Return to “POLITICS”