BOY'S HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT PROBABILITIES

HS Boys Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: BOY'S HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT PROBABILITIES

Post by wahoomurf »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:07 am
MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:39 am The MIAA and IAC in MD/DC region are entirely separate leagues. There may be a couple intra-conference games every year, but they do not compete for the same championship. Not sure why IL and other sites insist of lumping them together.

https://miaasports.net/lacrosse/

http://www.iacathletics.com/sport/0/6
Also as good as St Johns HS is I do not think they will win the Virginia Private school VISSA they have them favored 36%
Why would St.Johns H.S. play in the Virginia State Tournament? I thought that school was located in Washington DC.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:07 am
MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:39 am The MIAA and IAC in MD/DC region are entirely separate leagues. There may be a couple intra-conference games every year, but they do not compete for the same championship. Not sure why IL and other sites insist of lumping them together.

https://miaasports.net/lacrosse/

http://www.iacathletics.com/sport/0/6
Also as good as St Johns HS is I do not think they will win the Virginia Private school VISSA they have them favored 36%
Why would St.Johns H.S. play in the Virginia State Tournament? I thought that school was located in Washington DC.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I think his post was sarcasm. Since SJC isn’t a Virginia private school
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Jumbo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:02 pm I think his post was sarcasm. Since SJC isn’t a Virginia private school
Yes sorry to confuse. The website had them listed as a 36% chance of winning. VISSA which would require them to be a VISAA team. They are not but would most likely win if they were.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I was switching channels on my TV and thought I heard BOB SHRIVER"S voice. He was announcing a H.S. game between Bullis (MD) and Salisbury (CT). Is this a pay to play game or is it THE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:01 am I was switching channels on my TV and thought I heard BOB SHRIVER"S voice. He was announcing a H.S. game between Bullis (MD) and Salisbury (CT). Is this a pay to play game or is it THE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP?
It is the old GEICO event - not any kind of championship but more of a tournament that you can attract some good HS teams to for rebroadcast on ESPNU.

Taft did this gig last year, too along with Georgetown Prep, St Johns DC and Culver.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Kismet wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:05 am
wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:01 am I was switching channels on my TV and thought I heard BOB SHRIVER"S voice. He was announcing a H.S. game between Bullis (MD) and Salisbury (CT). Is this a pay to play game or is it THE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP?
It is the old GEICO event - not any kind of championship but more of a tournament that you can attract some good HS teams to for rebroadcast on ESPNU.

Taft did this gig last year, too along with Georgetown Prep, St Johns DC and Culver.
Thanks!
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:17 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:05 am

Thanks!
Last year, Taft was Rhino-strong and lost to 'wick and Deerfield. Third best in NEWest. Then they did this GEICO thing and beat Culver and then beat St Johns who had beaten GP.

This year Taft Beat IMG and Salisbury beat Bullis. Now we have a replay of the 17-14 shooter-fest we had in-season. This is gonna be GREAT!

But until GEICO gets, like, St Johns, 'wick, McDonogh (or Lawrenceville), and Culver (this year) into a cube their feature is not gonna be a National Championship
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Never will be a “National Championship” without NY Publics, Chaminade/St. Anthony’s and MIAA…..and that’s not happening.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:29 pm Never will be a “National Championship” without NY Publics, Chaminade/St. Anthony’s and MIAA…..and that’s not happening.
Absolutely true.Pundits are free to pick a best teams list. Let the fun begin.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”