random observer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:24 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:37 pm
random observer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:33 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:10 pm tied at 3 early 3Q

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Mount Sinai wins 8-5 to remain unbeaten.

The key to containing Mount Sinai is ball control and physicality. That's what I took out of this game. I don't think GC had the offensive firepower to pull it off. Manhasset certainly does, and they have arguably as good or better FOGO in Girard. Should be the game of the year when they meet in the LIC's in June!

Joe
What other Long Island team has the defensive chops to hold Mt. Sinai to 8 goals and Spallina to 4? I'm curiuos?
Possibly CSH; their Yale bound defenseman is terrific, and could potentially limit Spallina. Mt Sinai has other good players like LaForge, Jake Spallina, Caretta, and Marsala, but their gameplan is so reliant on Joey that if you hold him in check you'll hold the offense in check.
Last Friday, a terrific Cornell bound defenseman held Spallina to 4 goals.MS still found a way to win.
I was simply answering which team could hold them to 8 goals, not who could beat them (and I rate Pisano slightly higher than Staub). I think if we're answering the latter, it's not necessary to hold them to 8 if you can outscore them. Manhasset certainly is capable of competing in a shootout as evidenced by last year's LIC championship. They've got a lot more offensive firepower than GC and if Girard can tilt the field that might protect the defense enough to give them a chance.
What objective criteria did you use to determine that Pisano is BETTER than Staub? Even slightly. Not sure who Pisano is.As such, I've not watched him play.

You obviously have seen both.Interested to watch Pisano.I've watched Staub quite a few times.

Spallina has amassed 100 points in 11 games SO FAR.Eager to see who can stop him.
random observer

Re: Suffolk 2022

Post by random observer »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:32 pm

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

The key to containing Mount Sinai is ball control and physicality. That's what I took out of this game. I don't think GC had the offensive firepower to pull it off. Manhasset certainly does, and they have arguably as good or better FOGO in Girard. Should be the game of the year when they meet in the LIC's in June!

Joe
What other Long Island team has the defensive chops to hold Mt. Sinai to 8 goals and Spallina to 4? I'm curiuos?
Possibly CSH; their Yale bound defenseman is terrific, and could potentially limit Spallina. Mt Sinai has other good players like LaForge, Jake Spallina, Caretta, and Marsala, but their gameplan is so reliant on Joey that if you hold him in check you'll hold the offense in check.
Last Friday, a terrific Cornell bound defenseman held Spallina to 4 goals.MS still found a way to win.
I was simply answering which team could hold them to 8 goals, not who could beat them (and I rate Pisano slightly higher than Staub). I think if we're answering the latter, it's not necessary to hold them to 8 if you can outscore them. Manhasset certainly is capable of competing in a shootout as evidenced by last year's LIC championship. They've got a lot more offensive firepower than GC and if Girard can tilt the field that might protect the defense enough to give them a chance.
What objective criteria did you use to determine that Pisano is BETTER than Staub? Even slightly. Not sure who Pisano is.As such, I've not watched him play.

You obviously have seen both.Interested to watch Pisano.I've watched Staub quite a few times.

Spallina has amassed 100 points in 11 games SO FAR.Eager to see who can stop him.
I'd imagine the same criteria you use to rate Staub higher than any number of defenseman on the Island; eye test. Has an active stick and is a weapon in transition whilst taking on team's top offensive options. A bit surprised you haven't heard of Pisano as he's a four year starter for CSH and was voted Nassau County defenseman of the year last year as a junior.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

random observer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:15 pm

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe

Spallina has amassed 100 points in 11 games SO FAR. Eager to see who can stop him.
I'd imagine the same criteria you use to rate Staub higher than any number of defenseman on the Island; eye test. Has an active stick and is a weapon in transition whilst taking on team's top offensive options. A bit surprised you haven't heard of Pisano as he's a four year starter for CSH and was voted Nassau County defenseman of the year last year as a junior.
When did you IMAGE that I personally rated Staub higher than ANY OTHER DEFENSEMAN on Long Island? Cite me an example of when I ever made that claim. I don't have a rating service, nor do I watch many H.S. games any longer. Far be it for me to make such sweeping generalizations.

I do believe that Spallina is one of, if not the best player on L.I. Why do I make such a statement? Because I've watched him work his magic for many years.

Chacun a son gout?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe
Exactly, if you win the faceoffs and keep possession, they can't score as much. They were held to 5 goals offensively, GC. Didn't see a lot of firepower there.

Joe
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 pm

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe

Spallina has amassed 100 points in 11 games SO FAR. Eager to see who can stop him.
When did you IMAGE that I personally rated Staub higher than ANY OTHER DEFENSEMAN on Long Island? Cite me an example of when I ever made that claim. I don't have a rating service, nor do I watch many H.S. games any longer. Far be it for me to make such sweeping generalizations.

I do believe that Spallina is one of, if not the best player on L.I. Why do I make such a statement? Because I've watched him work his magic for many years.

Chacun a son gout?
I’m confused. What do you mean by when did he image it? Did he draw a picture accusing you? Where is this image? Oh, and if YOU would be so kind as to tell ME, where did RO claim that YOU said Staub was better than any other defenseman on Long Island. I can’t for the life of me find that but maybe I’m just looking in the wrong place.

tu feins l'ignorance c'est lassant
random observer

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe

Chacun a son gout?
Your animosity towards me is entirely unwarranted. I'm not trying to say you've made any such claims about Staub, but clearly you must think that there are defenseman out there that he is better than based purely on what you see with your eyes (when I say "any number of defenseman", I mean a "a large, but unquantified number of defenseman", not "every defenseman"). You concede to this line of thinking yourself in your assessment of Spallina. I'm just suggesting that the same logic applies to my assessment of Pisano relative to Staub. It's not blasphemous to be of the opinion that the reigning Nassau County defender of the year is the best defenseman in the county.

But yes, to each their own, and I made it abundantly clear that my assessment of Pisano relative to Staub was an opinion, and not objective truth.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:38 pm

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe
What other Long Island team has the defensive chops to hold Mt. Sinai to 8 goals and Spallina to 4? I'm curious?
What objective criteria did you use to determine that Pisano is BETTER than Staub? Even slightly. Not sure who Pisano is. As such, I've not watched him play.

You obviously have seen both. I am interested in watching Pisano. I've watched Staub quite a few times.

Chacun a son gout?
I’m confused. What do you mean by when did he image it? Did he draw a picture accusing you? Where is this image? Oh, and if YOU would be so kind as to tell ME, where did RO claim that YOU said Staub was better than any other defenseman on Long Island. I can’t for the life of me find that but maybe I’m just looking in the wrong place.

WHERE IS THE IMAGE? The closest image I saw was a word image. To wit "The same criteria YOU (ME) use to rate Staub higher than any number of defenseman on the Island". Again, I DID NOT rate STAUB "HIGHER" than any number of defensemen on the Island. Someone however did post this..."and I rate Pisano slightly higher than Staub)".Wasn't me

SACREBLEU.I MADE A SPELLING ERROR.IMAGE FOR IMAGINE. :oops: MALHEUREUISEMENT. :o Wars have started for such egregious mistakes.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
random observer

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:43 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:38 pm

GC led 2-0 at the half.

6-4 Sinai mid 4Q

Joe
What objective criteria did you use to determine that Pisano is BETTER than Staub? Even slightly. Not sure who Pisano is. As such, I've not watched him play.

You obviously have seen both. I am interested in watching Pisano. I've watched Staub quite a few times.

Chacun a son gout?

WHERE? Right here.The quote was YOU (ME) use to rate Staub higher than any number of defenseman on the Island. Again, I DID NOT rate STAUB "HIGHER" than any number of defensemen on the Island.

Once again "any number of defenseman" does not mean "every defenseman"; in no way was I claiming you said he was specifically the best defenseman on the island. I only surmised that you think he is one of the better defenseman on the island (which he clearly is), and thus you must use some sort of evaluation system to form an opinion on what makes some defenseman better than others. So unless you're going to act in bad faith and pretend you don't think Staub is one of the best defenseman on Long Island, I don't get what your argument is.
Last edited by random observer on Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Ha. I wanted to give you another chance to read but still not working apparently. Here’s a helping hand. “Better than any number” DOES NOT EQUAL “higher than any other”. Keep up the passive aggressive ignorance. And RO knows this but acting in bad faith Wahoo’s MO on Laxpower/FL.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 pm Ha. I wanted to give you another chance to read but still not working apparently. Here’s a helping hand. “Better than any number” DOES NOT EQUAL “higher than any other”. Keep up the passive aggressive ignorance. And RO knows this but acting in bad faith Wahoo’s MO on Laxpower/FL.
A minor correction..."acting in bad faith IS Wahoo's MO on Laxpower/FL.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:22 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:53 pm Ha. I wanted to give you another chance to read but still not working apparently. Here’s a helping hand. “Better than any number” DOES NOT EQUAL “higher than any other”. Keep up the passive aggressive ignorance. And RO knows this but acting in bad faith Wahoo’s MO on Laxpower/FL.
A minor correction..."acting in bad faith IS Wahoo's MO on Laxpower/FL.
“Is” implies intent. Do YOU not understand THAT?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

If you all want to call each other names, the Nassau thread is available.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Mt. Siani keeps rolling along. WOW. Drumm has trimmed down since his days at W.M.

Over at St. A's, Wizzer is melting away. :D
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

any thoughts on Melville Smithtown and NPT Huntington.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Eager to watch to watch the Suffolk C final tomorrow. In past years, weren't the semis and finals contested at Stony Brook?

East Islip H.S. must be a terrific venue.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”