WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

D1 Womens Lacrosse
tothedraw

Re: WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

Post by tothedraw »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:46 pm USA Lacrosse Magazine @USALacrosseMag
NEWS: The NCAA Division I women's lacrosse championship game will air on ESPN for the first time. All 28 games will be on @espn platforms, culminating with the May 29 final on the flagship.
Nice!!
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

tothedraw wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:47 pm
NEWS: The NCAA Division I women's lacrosse championship game will air on ESPN for the first time. All 28 games will be on @espn platforms, culminating with the May 29 final on the flagship.
Nice!!
And how many years did it take for this to happen? What about D2 and D3? No time for them I guess with the NATIONAL CORNHOLE CHAMPIONSHIP and the DISC NATIONAL TOURNAMENT. That's simply priority and importance. HA!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:46 pm
Nice!!
And how many years did it take for this to happen? What about D2 and D3? No time for them I guess with the NATIONAL CORNHOLE CHAMPIONSHIP and the DISC NATIONAL TOURNAMENT. That's simply priority and importance. HA!
LOL--I love the fire.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Nice!!
Genuine question..outside of college football, are there any sports where the DII or DIII championship gets aired on ESPN? Or even ESPNU? I’m thinking it’s possible but I just can’t think of any off the top of my head
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

This field level view of the Navy Loyola game is interesting
DMac

Post by DMac »

I like it.
Don't like the commentator with the "pitch" thing though.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:02 pm I like it.
Don't like the commentator with the "pitch" thing though.
Is that the soccer dude? Who doesnt know american english possesives?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Think he wants to be a Brit.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

"Looks like it hit off the woodwork"

Dude it's lacrosse and the goal is steel pipe...he is good except for all the anglophile soccer broadcaster talk
OuttaNowhereWregget

Big 10 Network and Rutgers getting it fixed before the tournament

For a long time, Rutgers has been using a basic on-screen banner. Last night I noticed they added all the necessary bells and whistles. Now included are a shot clock and even a player advantage clock in addition to a shots tally (which isn't a new addition). Ohio State was fighting for their postseason life but in the end bowed to the superior talent of the Scarlet Knights. (Bill would be proud, though if memory serves, he isn't as much up on the D1 representative from Jersey as he is the high school ranks).

The BTN Network has also upgraded their booth tandems. Mark Dixon and Kara Lentz called the JHU at Penn State game, and Dean Linke with Caley Chelios called this one. Chelios, who played for the Evil Empire from Evanston just as the dynasty was coming to an end, added some solid commentary. She was, in one sense, doing pro bono work as she is a regular fixture for the Chicago Blackhawks with over 17k followers on Twitter. In any event--it looks like the Big 10 network has all their broadcast ducks finally in a row for coverage of the upcoming tournament.

Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:48 pm
Nice!!
Genuine question..outside of college football, are there any sports where the DII or DIII championship gets aired on ESPN? Or even ESPNU? I’m thinking it’s possible but I just can’t think of any off the top of my head
Basketball maybe, but to your point, it’s a resounding nope! ESPN pays attention to ratings and all those ESPNU and ESPN+ lax games that are being watched is what drives tv executives. As many have said before, if it gets the support (us), eventually the tv coverage will come. Low and behold…
Laxfan500

Re: Taylor’s Takes – Top performers of last weekend

Post by Laxfan500 »

I love how totally unbiased Taylor is
what’s that called sarcastic font?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:09 pm
Taylor forgot to mention that Loyola shut out Navy for three quarters. So Roelofs had four goals in the first and then pretty much disappeared with the rest of her team. Seems like a relevant factoid.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Her bias is well documented.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:44 pm
Her bias is well documented.
It's hard not to laugh listening to the unbiased one making a case for a national championship for the Terps this year, especially regarding their (cough, cough) tough schedule. This interview conducted a few minutes ago during the Northwestern/Rutgers pregame:

OuttaNowhereWregget

Unbeleeble!

Someone should tell Sheehan, maybe a close friend, but the sheer number of times she says, "unbelievable" (or most times actually pronounces the word with only four syllables "unbeleeble") during a broadcast is getting to be stupefying, brain-numbing. As I've said previously, if folks were involved in a drinking game where you had to take a sip everytime Sheehan said, "unbeleeble" folks would be hammered out of their minds--probably passed out by halftime. It's getting bad...
totc

Post by totc »

Thus far, I like the fact that the Big Ten Network and ESPN have expanded their pool of voices for women's lacrosse. It's been pretty awesome except for one thing: women doing play-by-play. There's only one person doing it: Leah Secondo.

I'd like to see Beth Mowins on this, but she's on softball for the most part. Same with Pam Ward.

That being said, I like some of the new voices in the sport behind the mike. I really enjoy Christa Samaras. Carly Chelios has been getting experience on NHL broadcasts and is getting better. And having "Three Time" is good for us lax geeks; Taylor Cummings can analyze what's going on with great depth.

But how about the job Tari and Amari did during the halftime shows of the national semifinals? I really enjoy their interplay and the fact that they know what the heck they are talking about.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

totc wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:59 am Thus far, I like the fact that the Big Ten Network and ESPN have expanded their pool of voices for women's lacrosse. It's been pretty awesome except for one thing: women doing play-by-play. There's only one person doing it: Leah Secondo.

I'd like to see Beth Mowins on this, but she's on softball for the most part. Same with Pam Ward.

That being said, I like some of the new voices in the sport behind the mike. I really enjoy Christa Samaras. Carly Chelios has been getting experience on NHL broadcasts and is getting better. And having "Three Time" is good for us lax geeks; Taylor Cummings can analyze what's going on with great depth.

But how about the job Tari and Amari did during the halftime shows of the national semifinals? I really enjoy their interplay and the fact that they know what the heck they are talking about.

I am going to step out on this ledge...I thought they were fluff and nothing more. They added nothing to the broadcast. When they did the questions about Lacrosse Championship history, it was poorly done. Why didn't they address the Delaware State Lacrosse, Georgia Cops situation? Hell, did ANYONE really address something as serious as that with something other than the "Symbolic raising of sticks" before the start of the games??
If you're going to have Tari, Amari and anyone else do this kind of thing, then bring some real Lacrosse knowledge and insight to the show. On the Men's games there is none of this, so let's give that level of serious commentary to the Women's games.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:09 pm
totc wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:59 am Thus far, I like the fact that the Big Ten Network and ESPN have expanded their pool of voices for women's lacrosse. It's been pretty awesome except for one thing: women doing play-by-play. There's only one person doing it: Leah Secondo.

I am going to step out on this ledge...I thought they were fluff and nothing more. They added nothing to the broadcast. When they did the questions about Lacrosse Championship history, it was poorly done. Why didn't they address the Delaware State Lacrosse, Georgia Cops situation? Hell, did ANYONE really address something as serious as that with something other than the "Symbolic raising of sticks" before the start of the games??
If you're going to have Tari, Amari and anyone else do this kind of thing, then bring some real Lacrosse knowledge and insight to the show. On the Men's games there is none of this, so let's give that level of serious commentary to the Women's games.
I agree with you here Larry. I turn it off but I figured I’m not the demographic they ate courting

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”