Tough one for the Terps
8meterPA

Re: Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

Post by 8meterPA »

Unbelievable comeback, incredible game. What a day of lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:03 pm Unbelievable comeback, incredible game. What a day of lacrosse
Agreed. Couldn't have asked for better games and for them to be aired on ESPNU as well is great
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

The 5 TOs in the 4th Q absolutely killed MD.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 pm The 5 TOs in the 4th Q absolutely killed MD.
Yep, MD seemed to be playing not to lose while BC was letting it fly
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 pm The 5 TOs in the 4th Q absolutely killed MD.
BC had better composure or caused MD to lose theirs. Such well executed pressure on MD when they needed the ball.

Two very exciting semi's in very different ways.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

The quality and level of production for these games was amazing. say what you want about ESPN but their production is top tier. Camera angles, the mic'd coaches and officials, all adds a new dimension to the game. I had people who aren't lacrosse nuts like us telling me they were hooked or that they were now a fan. GROW THE GAME
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 pm The quality and level of production for these games was amazing. say what you want about ESPN but their production is top tier. Camera angles, the mic'd coaches and officials, all adds a new dimension to the game. I had people who aren't lacrosse nuts like us telling me they were hooked or that they were now a fan. GROW THE GAME
loved the mic'd officials
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:32 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:31 pm The quality and level of production for these games was amazing. say what you want about ESPN but their production is top tier. Camera angles, the mic'd coaches and officials, all adds a new dimension to the game. I had people who aren't lacrosse nuts like us telling me they were hooked or that they were now a fan. GROW THE GAME

The mic'd officials was fun! I could do without the birds eye view. Commentators were solid, Dana Boyle is a great addition.

With everything USALacrosse does to "grow the game" you can't beat an epic comeback followed by a down to the wire back and forth.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

Inexplicable that Maryland does not shut off North in the late 4th qtr. You can’t llet her get the ball. Good adjustments by BC shutting off Libby May.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

suffolk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:51 pm Inexplicable that Maryland does not shut off North in the late 4th qtr. You can’t llet her get the ball. Good adjustments by BC shutting off Libby May.
Totally agree. You cannot let North have the ball when back's against the wall.
rc13

Post by rc13 »

Thunder at 9:03 p.m. Game ended just before 8:00. Despite the game 1 delay, good call to play the games when they did.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

tothedraw wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:37 pm

The mic'd officials was fun! I could do without the birds eye view. Commentators were solid, Dana Boyle is a great addition.

With everything USALacrosse does to "grow the game" you can't beat an epic comeback followed by a down to the wire back and forth.
+1
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
harflax

Post by harflax »

suffolk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:51 pm Inexplicable that Maryland does not shut off North in the late 4th qtr. You can’t llet her get the ball. Good adjustments by BC shutting off Libby May.
Totally agree with this. Not shutting off North made no sense.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:42 am Just a few weeks ago North had wraps on both legs and was clearly hampered. She doesn't look impeded here and no wraps/bandages for the last two games. All to say, a fully healthy Charlotte North is bad news for the Terps. Maryland hasn't faced anyone like her in the last few years, that's for sure.

The little turtles ended up getting a good look at Charlotte North and in the end--didn't have an answer for her. 6 goals (3 in the 4th quarter) GB, CT, 2 for 2 from FP and 5 DC's. North took 7 shots on goal and 6 went in. I knew the Chelonians would have trouble with a healthy North. (I do feel bad for EssexFenwick. He gets out of the clink soon and no white rippling flags or whatever.) Maryland put up a great fight, though. They have some very talented players and they were impressive yesterday. I thought Maryland had control of the game in the 2nd half. They should have won. But part of being an elite team is closing, and Maryland couldn't close yesterday. The final is as it should be. Carolina and BC were the two top teams for most of the year. It's only right and proper that they should slug it out for the Title.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 pm

+1
I actually liked the occasional birds-eye view from the camera hovering over the field. It gave the viewer a terrific view of the spacing, the overloads, and other gimmicks an offense has to try and a defense has to contend with. You could see, for example, BC trying to stretch the length of the slides Maryland would need to make to help, and then how BC moved the ball off the slide/double. Just kind of fun to see. Great production, helped by the four very best teams in the land laying it alllll out.

I thought Maryland had this game won, and managed down the stretch.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 am
@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 pm

+1
I actually liked the occasional birds-eye view from the camera hovering over the field. It gave the viewer a terrific view of the spacing, the overloads, and other gimmicks an offense has to try and a defense has to contend with. You could see, for example, BC trying to stretch the length of the slides Maryland would need to make to help, and then how BC moved the ball off the slide/double. Just kind of fun to see. Great production, helped by the four very best teams in the land laying it alllll out.

I thought Maryland had this game won, and managed down the stretch.
I thought they did a great job with production too.

If anyone had any lingering doubts about the state of the Maryland program, I think this game likely erased them. Or at least lessened them. They lose Cordingly but I think they will be just fine. And there’s always the portal
Bart

Post by Bart »

harflax wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:33 pm
Certainly seems to not make any sense on the surface. But, from what I have seen UMd rarely, if ever, shuts a player off. They have a slide and recover philosophy that seems to work with them. If they now go to shut off North perhaps the slide package changes and they have not practiced it enough? If you do not practice this type of thing a bit it certainly wouldn't make the coaches comfortable doing it in the end. I guess it is pick you poison and UMd chose the wrong poison to pick.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:36 am
harflax wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:33 pm
Certainly seems to not make any sense on the surface. But, from what I have seen UMd rarely, if ever, shuts a player off. They have a slide and recover philosophy that seems to work with them. If they now go to shut off North perhaps the slide package changes and they have not practiced it enough? If you do not practice this type of thing a bit it certainly wouldn't make the coaches comfortable doing it in the end. I guess it is pick you poison and UMd chose the wrong poison to pick.
It definitely feels like a pick your poison situation. If you shut off North you give Medjid, Weeks, Smith, etc. more space to operate.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”