Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am
admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:49 am 1- If a post-er is trolling, report it. Do not attack them personally. Report it.
2- This Forum is like a party. And, at this party, we don't allow personal attacks and especially personal attacks by many against one individual post-er. If that post-er is a troll, see #1 above. If that post-er is unpopular, so be it. But... No personal attacks.
3- Inthe8m, remove your current signature.
I’m going to stick my nose in here because I think these are some things that need to be said.

I stopped posting about 11 months ago. When ONW and another poster continued to take shots at me, I decided to return because I had had enough of their repeated attacks.

I did not make attacks on you, Bill. I give examples in threads below.

I told them I would address their behavior in the no-holds-barred Hamsterdam, but neither took me up on that.

Here’s how I responded to your invitation to Hamsterdam:

viewtopic.php?p=335458#p335458

I don’t keep track of all of his inappropriate posts directed at me, but ONW has personally attacked me many times over the past couple of years,

Again--this is simply not true, Bill. Here are two prime examples:

One—the initial Charlotte North post that you engaged me on, though my post was not a quote of your post. Please follow the topic thread to its conclusion and you’ll see that I never attacked you:

viewtopic.php?p=266151#p266151

Two—other times you and I had words about North. Very civil from my perspective but you be the judge:

viewtopic.php?p=271501#p271501

and here:

viewtopic.php?p=271593#p271593

...including comparing me to Hitler and the Nazis last June (later deleted but up long enough for me to see it).

This was what I posted, and I never deleted it—it’s still there:

viewtopic.php?p=272523#p272523

and the clarification I gave at the time:

viewtopic.php?p=272652#p272652

I reported that to admin in a public post, but nothing was done. Many of his posts have been reported by other posters, both on the public forum and privately to admin, yet he was only suspended once.

Some of the posts ONW recently reported to admin had called him out for his regular trolling. Admin issued warnings in a couple of those instances. Yet at least twice in the last year or two, ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.

I believe it was some time last spring (no, I’m not going to search his thousands of posts to find the specific one) in which he acknowledged (I’m paraphrasing) that he at times intentionally posts things to provoke, aggravate, and annoy other posters. To me, that is the definition of trolling and an admission that he trolls.

On July 20, 2021 at 3:37 p.m. in his own thread on the Penalty Box board, ONW said:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm Right off the top—I would like to say that I deserve to be in the penalty box for all the trolling I’ve done over the years, and in particular the one I pulled today.

First, I want to apologize to admin and Matnum PI. They have better things to do than to police my childish behavior.

DMac, seacoaster, 8meterPA, Bart, TL, MDlaxfan76 and anyone else I have ticked off with my self-indulgent trolling and for being a general all-around capital A A-hole.
I condensed his post for brevity and bolded certain language. If you want to read the whole thing, you can find it in the Penalty Box.

So there you have it. ONW admits he trolls.

Here’s another misinterpretation. Admitting I trolled (past tense) and apologizing for it carries with it the cessation of such activity. Now, folks have all kinds of ideas these days as to what constitutes a troll or a trolling post. FanLax has defined it here:
under Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4.
Subsection d.
viewtopic.php?p=8148#p8148
So—that’s it. And that’s going to be it for a long while. There are times (like here in this post) that I am accused of saying things I never said. It gets tiring at times defending myself and setting the record straight. Once I got accused of attacking another members daughter in posts when just the opposite was true. If I hadn't set the record straight at the time--that nasty unfounded accusation stays there. But I'm getting to the point where I wonder if it's worth it. Folks are going to believe what they want regardless of the facts. Happens all the time in the world. Why should this forum be any different?

I have admitted to being wrong and have apologized in the past and will do so again in the future if need be. (By the way, I did use ONW in Feb '21 for a while simultaneously with Cletus on a deeper look.)

Ultimately, I rely on admin to rule the roost and keep me in line. He told me to chill recently. So I chilled. He was right. He has always been right in his warnings to me. One time I ignored him and did my deserved time in the box. I am trying to get better at certain things. But I won’t curtail my opinions on sports, games, pastimes (which is what we're supposed to be doing here--talking about games--you all know that, right?) because maybe someone won’t like them. That’s admin’s call. Me? I'm going to continue to do on this site what I've been doing for the last 3-1/2 years: write about the sport I love.

edit/emendation: addition of yt clip
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed May 25, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:57 pm I think Bosco on Smith, just because they both line up on the circle and I think their speed matches up well.
Just a minor tweak here. BC’s mainstays on the circle are defenders Hollie Schleicher and Courtney Taylor with North taking the draws.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 am
wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:57 pm I think Bosco on Smith, just because they both line up on the circle and I think their speed matches up well.
Just a minor tweak here. BC’s mainstays on the circle are defenders Hollie Schleicher and Courtney Taylor with North taking the draws.
Thanks. I think it could still happen, just depends on who MD thinks they need Bosco on. Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on either
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:02 am
Thanks. I think it could still happen, just depends on who MD thinks they need Bosco on. Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on either
Would you say Bosco is Maryland's prime defender with a drop off to the next, or is the defensive corps similar to BC's in that they have multiple excellent defenders (being Scales, Schleicher, Taylor, Welch and Roman)?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:25 am
Would you say Bosco is Maryland's prime defender with a drop off to the next, or is the defensive corps similar to BC's in that they have multiple excellent defenders (being Scales, Schleicher, Taylor, Welch and Roman)?
Good question; interested in Terp fans' answers. Maryland appears to be a real unit; they play together and communicate very well. Griffin is an excellent defender. No.4 is a good defender. Beyond that, don't really know. And that unit has an Ace in the Cage, which makes them better than maybe they are. Terp watchers?
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:41 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:25 am
IMO I would say it’s closer to the latter. Bosco is certainly an excellent defender, but I don’t think there’s that significant of a drop off…especially considering how they’re usually very cohesive and utilize quick slides to help.
Agree. Maryland plays as a unit. I have always like the way the unit plays. To me, one of the keys is the constancy they have had with coach Kenis on the defensive side.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Per Can Opener's suggestion, I moved a bunch of the off-topic posts to the FanLax Feedback thread. You can continue discussing what you've been discussing within that Feedback thread. Let's try to keep this thread about MD-BC. Thanks.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Friday should be good...

Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:18 pm Friday should be good...
I hope you’re right. The weather reports are calling for thunder and lightning all day and into the evening. I don’t know if the forecast has changed since I checked this morning but…

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Ba ... 2a73f2d8c6
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:26 pm
I hope you’re right. The weather reports are calling for thunder and lightning all day and into the evening. I don’t know if the forecast has changed since I checked this morning but…

It's not going to rain continuously all day long on Friday. It's thunderstorms in late May, there are breaks in the rain. Weather.com always overstates the threat of rain for any particular day. I am super into Meteorology and follow it quite closely. AccuWeather is better at forecasting, they are more realistic and do not predict continuous rain all day long. They are right 99% of the time. Worst case scenario, the games will be played on Saturday if they have to and the schedule will be adjusted. There isn't a scenario where the games don't get played this weekend. The NCAA has contingencies, some of which I am sure they don't release to the public. Moving the game indoors is likely the absolute LAST option. Hope this helps!

Regard,
OuttaNowhereWregget

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 pm

It's not going to rain continuously all day long on Friday. It's thunderstorms in late May, there are breaks in the rain. Weather.com always overstates the threat of rain for any particular day. I am super into Meteorology and follow it quite closely. AccuWeather is better at forecasting, they are more realistic and do not predict continuous rain all day long. They are right 99% of the time. Worst case scenario, the games will be played on Saturday if they have to and the schedule will be adjusted. There isn't a scenario where the games don't get played this weekend. The NCAA has contingencies, some of which I am sure they don't release to the public. Moving the game indoors is likely the absolute LAST option. Hope this helps!

Regard,
Good stuff, Joe – as always. What are your thoughts about the women’s games potentially clashing with the men’s games as far as time slots if they decide to move the games to a different day?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Regard,
Good stuff, Joe – as always. What are your thoughts about the women’s games potentially clashing with the men’s games as far as time slots if they decide to move the games to a different day?
It would be unfortunate, I'm not sure there are time limitations on when they could played because it's the Semifinal round. My guess is in the event that were to happen, that maybe the women's games would be after the Men's games finished. Something like a 4PM and 630PM start, or 5PM and 730PM start. Just a guess, but shouldn't be too much of a roadblock, considering the Men's games are 12PM and 2PM, respectively on 5/28/22.

Regards,
OuttaNowhereWregget

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Regard,
It would be unfortunate, I'm not sure there are time limitations on when they could played because it's the Semifinal round. My guess is in the event that were to happen, that maybe the women's games would be after the Men's games finished. Something like a 4PM and 630PM start, or 5PM and 730PM start. Just a guess, but shouldn't be too much of a roadblock, considering the Men's games are 12PM and 2PM, respectively on 5/28/22.

Regards,
👍
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:31 pm Accuweather: https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/balti ... ast/348707
Matnum,

Look at the hourly forecast, it doesn't not show rain every hour of the day. Were not talking about a weather system like last MDW where up in Tri-State Area it never got above 53 degrees from Friday to Sunday Evening and rained consistently the whole weekend. This is thunderstorms, they will make every attempt to get in play between the rain when they can. The entire weekend will not be a washout.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/balti ... 8707?day=3

Joe
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Right. Looking at the day, though meaningful, is too broad a brushstroke. I/we need to look more closely (at the hour). Bottomline, there may be some delays, may be, but there's plenty of non-thunder bandwidth to play the games. according to the projections for Friday on a Wednesday.
Caddy Day
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:52 pm
Right. Looking at the day, though meaningful, is too broad a brushstroke. I/we need to look more closely (at the hour). Bottomline, there may be some delays, may be, but there's plenty of non-thunder bandwidth to play the games. according to the projections for Friday on a Wednesday.
+1

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Regard,
So Joe – if you had to sum up both of these teams in one sentence – what would you say about each one? And which team does the wet weather favor, if any?
DMac

Post by DMac »

16-15, BC.
Smith scores the quick stick winner with six seconds left.
Practice makes perfect. ;)
Sorry, just too irresistible

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”