D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: Semifinal No. 2 -- Maryland v. BC 5/27 -- 5:00 pm

Post by Bart »

hmmm wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 pm
Sunnylax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:45 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:15 pm trolls-internet-dont-feed-623x415.jpg
I chuckle at this Don’t Feed the Troll campaign. It didn’t work the first time it was enjoined and it certainly won’t work now. What is amusing is that if no one ever responded to anything I posted from here to the end of time – I would still post here. There is no place else on the Internet with the unique capabilities of Same Party Different House for aficionados of our fantastic sport. I love the sport of women’s lacrosse and that won’t change any time soon that I can see. Also, there are scores of guests who visit these boards – the silent majority, if you will. They also read what gets posted here. But to be clear—if no one ever anywhere read what I posted ever again, I would still enjoy posting here.

It’s also laughable that some folks are selective in remembering that I wasn’t alone on this or that side of an issue.

As long as women’s lacrosse is compelling to me, I’ll be right here posting about it.
🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
And this post will be flagged by ONW in 3,2,1…..

Poor admin
hahahahahaha. spot on!
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

admin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:23 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:15 pm trolls-internet-dont-feed-623x415.jpg
People, don't start. If you don't like a post-er or their posts, block them. Don't use this forum to (repeatedly) trash post-ers.
I will continue to keep my eye out. Gentle meme reminders to fellow posters not to feed msg board trolls is just good etiquette. Maybe the admins need to address the issue of a person(s) reporting generic posts that neither name call or trash posters.

The msg board block feature is great.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

hmmm wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 pm
And this post will be flagged by <insert one of 82 usernames here> in 3,2,1…..

Poor admin
Who knows which of the 82 usernames was used to flag the post.

Concur about the poor admin.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm
Sunnylax wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:26 pm 🤢. You are nauseating. The cry baby in the school yard. You know nothing about lacrosse and such a wanna be. I know you will respond with some stupid a** comment, but just know so many readers find you incredibly annoying and tiresome. Turning yet another reader off and away from the website. 🤮
Not too sunny for a first post there, "sunnylax". You seem to "know" a lot for someone who just joined today. (Smells like a burner account to me.) I have a pretty good idea who you are, though. You didn't work very hard at disguising your style.

No need to worry about turned off readers. njbill came back, didn't he? Plus, new members are joining every day. Additionally, you don't speak for everyone. I'm sure you know that but it seemed fitting to point it out nonetheless.

As to admin's suggestion earlier in this thread about blocking folks you don't want to read anymore--here's how to do it:

Simply click on my name and it will bring you to my profile page. Then click "Add foe". Easy as can beasy.

Proudly declaring the use of the this "function" is bullying.............and "admin" advocating the use of this antagonistic "tool" speaks volumes.

YES.....build a forum where everyone "blocks" each other. :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 am Proudly declaring the use of the this "function" is bullying.............and "admin" advocating the use of this antagonistic "tool" speaks volumes.

YES.....build a forum where everyone "blocks" each other.
How is it bullying or antagonistic to designate another member a “foe”? They’re not notified. They have no idea they’ve been foe’d. You no longer see their posts unless you want to is all.

All social media platforms have “block” capabilities. Why should FanLax be any different?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 am I will continue to keep my eye out. Gentle meme reminders to fellow posters not to feed msg board trolls is just good etiquette. Maybe the admins need to address the issue of a person(s) reporting generic posts that neither name call or trash posters.

1- If a post-er is trolling, report it. Do not attack them personally. Report it.
2- This Forum is like a party. And, at this party, we don't allow personal attacks and especially personal attacks by many against one individual post-er. If that post-er is a troll, see #1 above. If that post-er is unpopular, so be it. But... No personal attacks.
3- Inthe8m, remove your current signature.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:49 am
@inthe8m wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 am I will continue to keep my eye out. Gentle meme reminders to fellow posters not to feed msg board trolls is just good etiquette. Maybe the admins need to address the issue of a person(s) reporting generic posts that neither name call or trash posters.

1- If a post-er is trolling, report it. Do not attack them personally. Report it.
2- This Forum is like a party. And, at this party, we don't allow personal attacks and especially personal attacks by many against one individual post-er. If that post-er is a troll, see #1 above. If that post-er is unpopular, so be it. But... No personal attacks.
Not to argue semantics here but if no user is mentioned by name how is it a personal attack? Are you saying that because it's obvious who the user is that's being referenced it is inherently personal? And such aren't you guilty of the same thing by assuming we all know what poster Inthe8m is referring to? And if it's so obvious who the "troll" is that Inthe8m is calling out, shouldn't something be done about said troll?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

hmmm wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:05 am

Not to argue semantics here but if no user is mentioned by name how is it a personal attack? Are you saying that because it's obvious who the user is that's being referenced it is inherently personal? And such aren't you guilty of the same thing by assuming we all know what poster Inthe8m is referring to? And if it's so obvious who the "troll" is that Inthe8m is calling out, shouldn't something be done about said troll?
The histrioinics are comical.............as IS the lack of due process. Some animals are more animals than are important.

But, to your point....THIS signature has been allowed to be posted for well over a year. Yup, actually attacking a person,, by name. Mocking another posters.

and "admin" has zero semblence of contriti)on.....certainly "rule application" IS interesting.

Below, This is an example of a posters (cu88) "signature" and attacking, admin words, not mine, another poster. Personnally. Yet, it remains un-admined :roll:

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the name of transparency, @inthe8m has also been put in the penalty box. No personal attacks and... Don't argue with the referee.

RunRussellRun, CU88 has been asked to change his signature. Thank you for alerting me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m going to stick my nose in here because I think these are some things that need to be said.

I stopped posting about 11 months ago. When ONW and another poster continued to take shots at me, I decided to return because I had had enough of their repeated attacks. I told them I would address their behavior in the no-holds-barred Hamsterdam, but neither took me up on that.

I don’t keep track of all of his inappropriate posts directed at me, but ONW has personally attacked me many times over the past couple of years, including comparing me to Hitler and the Nazis last June (later deleted but up long enough for me to see it). I reported that to admin in a public post, but nothing was done. Many of his posts have been reported by other posters, both on the public forum and privately to admin, yet he was only suspended once.

When a fairly large number of people from a wide geographic area who don’t know each other reach the same general conclusion about one poster, that’s pretty compelling evidence as to who is right and who is wrong here.

Admin, you say Fanlax is like a party. Well, when one party guest engages in inappropriate behavior, you first ask them to stop. Maybe you ask a second time. But at some point – when the behavior continues despite the requests – you ask the guest to leave. If he won’t leave, you call the cops. And this poster is not just “unpopular” to use your word. He is well beyond that. He is disrupting the party on a regular basis and spoiling the party for the rest of the guests.

While not all of his posts are objectionable, he posts so much that the raw number and regularity of his offensive posts really takes its toll on the Women's board. ONW has been engaging in the type of behavior many (the majority?) of posters on the Women’s board object to for a long time (definitely more than a year). I called out his behavior in strong terms in my “departure” post last June. And I wasn’t the first to do so by any means. He has been asked by a number of different posters a number of times to cool it, to stop with the incendiary posts, to stop the trolling. Basically to stop being a boorish party guest. His response invariably is that he can post whatever he wants. If you don’t like it, don’t read his posts, put him on ignore, report him to admin. Blah, blah, blah.

Of late ONW has been reporting posts he doesn’t like to admin. My belief is admin only reads the reported posts and does not read the surrounding posts to get a complete understanding of the relevant discussion. Also, I imagine admin reads posts when one of his is tagged, which is why I'm tagging his most recent post here. Admin, if that is not correct, please so advise.

By not regularly reading the posts on the Women’s board, there is no way for admin to have a sense for what prompted the reported post or how many other posters feel about some of OWN’s posts.

Some of the posts ONW recently reported to admin had called him out for his regular trolling. Admin issued warnings in a couple of those instances. Yet at least twice in the last year or two, ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.

I believe it was some time last spring (no, I’m not going to search his thousands of posts to find the specific one) in which he acknowledged (I’m paraphrasing) that he at times intentionally posts things to provoke, aggravate, and annoy other posters. To me, that is the definition of trolling and an admission that he trolls.

On July 20, 2021 at 3:37 p.m. in his own thread on the Penalty Box board, ONW said:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm Right off the top—I would like to say that I deserve to be in the penalty box for all the trolling I’ve done over the years, and in particular the one I pulled today.

First, I want to apologize to admin and Matnum PI. They have better things to do than to police my childish behavior.

DMac, seacoaster, 8meterPA, Bart, TL, MDlaxfan76 and anyone else I have ticked off with my self-indulgent trolling and for being a general all-around capital A A-hole.
I condensed his post for brevity and bolded certain language. If you want to read the whole thing, you can find it in the Penalty Box.

So there you have it. ONW admits he trolls.

BTW, his above post is one example of his several “contrition” posts in which he promises to do better, to stop trolling, etc. But as surely as the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano every spring, he reverts to his old ways. Time and time again.

Some of admin’s recent warnings not to engage in personal attacks or not to trash posters have been precipitated by ONW’s reporting of posts calling him out for trolling (using that word).

Here is the key point I wish to make: I don’t think it is attacking or trashing someone to call them a troll when that poster, himself, says he is a troll. If I tell someone I’m a big fat slob, that person isn’t attacking or trashing me if they call me a big fat slob. That’s just common sense. Basic logic. Basic human psychology. Or at a minimum, that person has waived the right to object to a characterization he, himself, acknowledges is accurate.

What is the solution? A few possibilities occur to me. First and most preferable would be for ONW to stop his intentionally inflammatory posts. Unfortunately, that appears unlikely. Second, put him in the penalty box for an extended period so that perhaps he’ll learn his lesson. Third, and perhaps least attractive, stop warning and suspending posters who very rightly call out ONW’s trolling posts given that ONW admits he’s a troll.

One last point. ONW has multiple screen names on FanLax. In addition to the one he is currently using, he also has Cletus, wlaxnut, and angus. Maybe others I’m not aware of. His MO is to use one for a year or so and then start with a new one. Regular posters on the Women’s board usually notice pretty quickly when he starts using a new screen name. While he usually cutely dodges when posters confront him about the new name, I’m not aware that he has ever flat out denied that he has changed his name.

Why does FanLax permit people to have multiple screen names? I’m sure you have IP addresses and can easily dope this problem out. My two cents is it should be one person, one screen name.
njbill

Post by njbill »

admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:48 am In the name of transparency, @inthe8m has also been put in the penalty box. No personal attacks and... Don't argue with the referee.

RunRussellRun, CU88 has been asked to change his signature. Thank you for alerting me.
Please stop with the "referee" analogy.

In an actual game, the ref watches play in real time and calls fouls he sees happen. He watches the entire game as it is happening. You only read posts when they are reported to you well after the fact. The analogy doesn't work.

We aren't playing a sport here. We are posting on a sport specific message board. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with things you say or actions you take.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.
If one party guest engages in inappropriate behavior and is disrupting the party on a regular basis, spoiling the party for the rest of the guests, flag the post(s). Don't flag every post just because you don't like the guy/gal. Flag a post(s) that you feel merits a warning and/or being put into the penalty box.
njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 amThere is nothing wrong with disagreeing with things you say or actions you take.
Correct. Much like you are doing right now. But when a poster shifts from disagreeing to arguing or refusing to adhere to a request, that's different.

We use a referee analogy simply for fun. This is not a game, I am not a ref. Just a way to personalize the forum a little.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"When a fairly large number of people from a wide geographic area who don’t know each other reach the same general conclusion about one poster, that’s pretty compelling evidence as to who is right and who is wrong here."

Yes, this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:21 am
njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.
If one party guest engages in inappropriate behavior and is disrupting the party on a regular basis, spoiling the party for the rest of the guests, flag the post(s). Don't flag every post just because you don't like the guy/gal. Flag a post(s) that you feel merits a warning and/or being put into the penalty box.
njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 amThere is nothing wrong with disagreeing with things you say or actions you take.
Correct. Much like you are doing right now. But when a poster shifts from disagreeing to arguing or refusing to adhere to a request, that's different.

We use a referee analogy simply for fun. This is not a game, I am not a ref. Just a way to personalize the forum a little.
Thank you.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:21 am "When a fairly large number of people from a wide geographic area who don’t know each other reach the same general conclusion about one poster, that’s pretty compelling evidence as to who is right and who is wrong here."

Yes, this.
Seconded!
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am

I’m going to stick my nose in here because I think these are some things that need to be said.

I stopped posting about 11 months ago. When ONW and another poster continued to take shots at me, I decided to return because I had had enough of their repeated attacks. I told them I would address their behavior in the no-holds-barred Hamsterdam, but neither took me up on that.

I don’t keep track of all of his inappropriate posts directed at me, but ONW has personally attacked me many times over the past couple of years, including comparing me to Hitler and the Nazis last June (later deleted but up long enough for me to see it). I reported that to admin in a public post, but nothing was done. Many of his posts have been reported by other posters, both on the public forum and privately to admin, yet he was only suspended once.

When a fairly large number of people from a wide geographic area who don’t know each other reach the same general conclusion about one poster, that’s pretty compelling evidence as to who is right and who is wrong here.

Admin, you say Fanlax is like a party. Well, when one party guest engages in inappropriate behavior, you first ask them to stop. Maybe you ask a second time. But at some point – when the behavior continues despite the requests – you ask the guest to leave. If he won’t leave, you call the cops. And this poster is not just “unpopular” to use your word. He is well beyond that. He is disrupting the party on a regular basis and spoiling the party for the rest of the guests.

While not all of his posts are objectionable, he posts so much that the raw number and regularity of his offensive posts really takes its toll on the Women's board. ONW has been engaging in the type of behavior many (the majority?) of posters on the Women’s board object to for a long time (definitely more than a year). I called out his behavior in strong terms in my “departure” post last June. And I wasn’t the first to do so by any means. He has been asked by a number of different posters a number of times to cool it, to stop with the incendiary posts, to stop the trolling. Basically to stop being a boorish party guest. His response invariably is that he can post whatever he wants. If you don’t like it, don’t read his posts, put him on ignore, report him to admin. Blah, blah, blah.

Of late ONW has been reporting posts he doesn’t like to admin. My belief is admin only reads the reported posts and does not read the surrounding posts to get a complete understanding of the relevant discussion. Also, I imagine admin reads posts when one of his is tagged, which is why I'm tagging his most recent post here. Admin, if that is not correct, please so advise.

By not regularly reading the posts on the Women’s board, there is no way for admin to have a sense for what prompted the reported post or how many other posters feel about some of OWN’s posts.

Some of the posts ONW recently reported to admin had called him out for his regular trolling. Admin issued warnings in a couple of those instances. Yet at least twice in the last year or two, ONW has acknowledged that he trolls.

I believe it was some time last spring (no, I’m not going to search his thousands of posts to find the specific one) in which he acknowledged (I’m paraphrasing) that he at times intentionally posts things to provoke, aggravate, and annoy other posters. To me, that is the definition of trolling and an admission that he trolls.

On July 20, 2021 at 3:37 p.m. in his own thread on the Penalty Box board, ONW said:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm Right off the top—I would like to say that I deserve to be in the penalty box for all the trolling I’ve done over the years, and in particular the one I pulled today.

First, I want to apologize to admin and Matnum PI. They have better things to do than to police my childish behavior.

DMac, seacoaster, 8meterPA, Bart, TL, MDlaxfan76 and anyone else I have ticked off with my self-indulgent trolling and for being a general all-around capital A A-hole.
I condensed his post for brevity and bolded certain language. If you want to read the whole thing, you can find it in the Penalty Box.

BTW, his above post is one example of his several “contrition” posts in which he promises to do better, to stop trolling, etc. But as surely as the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano every spring, he reverts to his old ways. Time and time again.

Some of admin’s recent warnings not to engage in personal attacks or not to trash posters have been precipitated by ONW’s reporting of posts calling him out for trolling (using that word).

Here is the key point I wish to make: I don’t think it is attacking or trashing someone to call them a troll when that poster, himself, says he is a troll. If I tell someone I’m a big fat slob, that person isn’t attacking or trashing me if they call me a big fat slob. That’s just common sense. Basic logic. Basic human psychology. Or at a minimum, that person has waived the right to object to a characterization he, himself, acknowledges is accurate.

What is the solution? A few possibilities occur to me. First and most preferable would be for ONW to stop his intentionally inflammatory posts. Unfortunately, that appears unlikely. Second, put him in the penalty box for an extended period so that perhaps he’ll learn his lesson. Third, and perhaps least attractive, stop warning and suspending posters who very rightly call out ONW’s trolling posts given that ONW admits he’s a troll.

One last point. ONW has multiple screen names on FanLax. In addition to the one he is currently using, he also has Cletus, wlaxnut, and angus. Maybe others I’m not aware of. His MO is to use one for a year or so and then start with a new one. Regular posters on the Women’s board usually notice pretty quickly when he starts using a new screen name. While he usually cutely dodges when posters confront him about the new name, I’m not aware that he has ever flat out denied that he has changed his name.

Why does FanLax permit people to have multiple screen names? I’m sure you have IP addresses and can easily dope this problem out. My two cents is it should be one person, one screen name.
There are a number of incorrect statements here that I will address when I get home from work. I am very grateful that FanLax is the printed word and not word of mouth.

One I can address now are my multiple screen names. I used only Angus simultaneously with either wlaxnut or Cletus (or both) for a few posts, most notably the Brown U dustup. The other three screen names I have not used simultaneously with each other (except to edit a post for a dead link or other housekeeping stuff). I have specific reasons for discontinued use of the first two. There was no effort to hide my screen name changes. All the regulars are familiar with my style. I didn’t feel compelled to explain the two changes. I thought they were both obvious.

The rest—I’ll address when I get home, njbill.
Bart

Post by Bart »

admin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:48 am In the name of transparency, @inthe8m has also been put in the penalty box. No personal attacks and... Don't argue with the referee.

Interesting that the majority of sin bin penalties come from one of two places. Either the political forum for women's lacrosse forum.

I can get the political forum, gets heated at times. But why the women's forum? There is much worse said on the men's side of the house. Must be they just don't flag it.

Huh..........intriguing.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:12 pm

There are a number of incorrect statements here that I will address when I get home from work. I am very grateful that FanLax is the printed word and not word of mouth.

One I can address now are my multiple screen names. I used only Angus simultaneously with either wlaxnut or Cletus (or both) for a few posts, most notably the Brown U dustup. The other three screen names I have not used simultaneously with each other (except to edit a post for a dead link or other housekeeping stuff). I have specific reasons for discontinued use of the first two. There was no effort to hide my screen name changes. All the regulars are familiar with my style. I didn’t feel compelled to explain the two changes. I thought they were both obvious.

The rest—I’ll address when I get home, njbill.
Another incorrect statement I can quickly touch on now before I do the research to back it up is you have me mixed up with some whole other body as far as personal attacks.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Bart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:28 pm

Interesting that the majority of sin bin penalties come from one of two places. Either the political forum for women's lacrosse forum.

I can get the political forum, gets heated at times. But why the women's forum? There is much worse said on the men's side of the house. Must be they just don't flag it.

Huh..........intriguing.
Yeah I wonder what the variable is?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

What njbill said 1,000,000,000%

btw - someone who doesn't know that ND people are known as Golden Domers is NOT a sports person. I'm sorry, but that's a dead give away for someone being a troll on a sports forum. Just sayin'...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”