2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdad3

Re: 2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by Laxdad3 »

HappyGilmore wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 am
    Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:23 am Great competitive brackets. 600 mile change has now changed the landscape of the tournament is a great way.. forever! Teams that would never schedule meet. Great for D3. Has a Mustang Classic feel
    Who travels the farthest and do they all bus or are the flights over 500 miles?
    Cortland has to travel 468 miles to Brunswick, ME to play St. Lawrence. Haven’t check any other games, but think it might be hard to beat that. Colorado College is also in that bracket.
    Colorado College has by far the most grueling travel schedule of any D3 team (maybe in all of college). They will travel 2,130 miles one way for the Bowdoin game.

They came east three times this season to play Salisbury, Cabrini, CNU, Stevenson and Catholic.

With Covid restrictions the last two years, they have not had many teams make the trip to Colorado Springs. Those teams who made the trip had great weather, beautiful facilities and one of the most picturesque lax fields in the country. The D3 lax world should hold a spring break tourney there each year. It would be great for the D3 game.
    richard

Post by richard »

Asgot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:48 am Love these Brackets but that Dickinson Union bracket is going to be a bear. Dickinson probably playing Gettysburg for a 3rd time in a month. The right side of the bracket is crazy with potentially, Salisbury playing Tufts and RIT playing Bowdin, and the winners playing each other the next day. imagine if you are Salisbury and you beat Tufts and then have to get ready for RIT the next day, OMFG. I think it will be very tough for either Dickinson or Union to win their game and then beat CNU the next day. The quarter-final matchup could be epic.
    Yeah Dickinson Union will be tough on whoever wins but CNU might have to get through York the day before. No easy task. Of course this assumes these teams even make it that far.
    Fishstx

Post by Fishstx »

richard wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:24 pm I really like that geography did not get in the way this year. Lynchburg Union possibility is great. Salisbury Tufts/ St JF is nice. CNU Wesleyan/RPI, wow that ain’t easy. York Denison, Bowdoin SLU. All potential interesting inter regional matchup possibilities. Amazing, good job by the committee. I’ve never said that before.
    2 weeks ago, Cabrini lost in OT to Salisbury ( Cavs were up by 2 with two minutes left ), don’t put the Seagulls through to the quarters just yet.
    richard

Post by richard »

Fishstx wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:52 pm [quote=richard post_id=367666 time=<a href="tel:1652063096">1652063096</a> user_id=418]
    I really like that geography did not get in the way this year. Lynchburg Union possibility is great. Salisbury Tufts/ St JF is nice. CNU Wesleyan/RPI, wow that ain’t easy. York Denison, Bowdoin SLU. All potential interesting inter regional matchup possibilities. Amazing, good job by the committee. I’ve never said that before.
    2 weeks ago, Cabrini lost in OT to Salisbury ( Cavs were up by 2 with two minutes left ), don’t put the Seagulls through to the quarters just yet.
    [/quote]
    Yup, I’m just pushing favorites ahead to possible games. In truth I would like to see Stockton beat Salisbury. They are a pretty good team but getting over the Salisbury aura is a big hurdle for a lot of teams.
    Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Laxdad3 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:37 pm
      Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:23 am Great competitive brackets. 600 mile change has now changed the landscape of the tournament is a great way.. forever! Teams that would never schedule meet. Great for D3. Has a Mustang Classic feel
      Cortland has to travel 468 miles to Brunswick, ME to play St. Lawrence. Haven’t check any other games, but think it might be hard to beat that. Colorado College is also in that bracket.
      Colorado College has by far the most grueling travel schedule of any D3 team (maybe in all of college). They will travel 2,130 miles one way for the Bowdoin game.

They came east three times this season to play Salisbury, Cabrini, CNU, Stevenson and Catholic.

With Covid restrictions the last two years, they have not had many teams make the trip to Colorado Springs. Those teams who made the trip had great weather, beautiful facilities and one of the most picturesque lax fields in the country. The D3 lax world should hold a spring break tourney there each year. It would be great for the D3 game.
      No way would the ncaa hold a spring break touney. It would have to be Colorado doing it. And I doubt teams would sign up for that. Your options are play someone good locally, or travel 2000 miles in March to Colorado where there is still a good chance for snow.
      BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

The dust seems to be settling a little, so now for predictions for 2nd round:

CNU > Sewanee
      Wesleyan > RPI
      York > SoVA
      Denison > Grove City (maybe upset here?)

RIT > Albion
      Amherst > MIT
      Bowdoin > ColColl
      St Lawrence > Cortland

Dickinson > Stevens
      GBurg > Roanoke (potential upset here)
      Union > JCarroll
      Lynchburg > WNE

Salisbury > Stockton
      Cabrini > W&L (maybe upset here)
      Tufts > Norwich
      St John Fisher > Catholic

Rocket science required for only a few games. Can someone setup a a bracket March Madness style?
      poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
      UpperCorner22

Post by UpperCorner22 »

BallHunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:44 am The dust seems to be settling a little, so now for predictions for 2nd round:

Amherst > MIT

Rocket science required for only a few games. Can someone setup a a bracket March Madness style?
      How certain are you about that one? I haven't seen MIT play - but I have seen Amherst play...
      BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

UpperCorner22 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:51 am
      BallHunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:44 am The dust seems to be settling a little, so now for predictions for 2nd round:

Amherst > MIT

How certain are you about that one? I haven't seen MIT play - but I have seen Amherst play...
      I have seen both up close. MIT's Fogo can provide many extra possessions, and they have a very good attackman, but I think Amherst is generally more solid across the team.
      BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

BallHunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:03 am
      UpperCorner22 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:51 am

Amherst > MIT

I have seen both up close. MIT's Fogo can provide many extra possessions, and they have a very good attackman, but I think Amherst is generally more solid across the team.
      And Amherst #14 can be a problem.
      Laxdad3

Post by Laxdad3 »

Jumbo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am

No way would the ncaa hold a spring break touney. It would have to be Colorado doing it. And I doubt teams would sign up for that. Your options are play someone good locally, or travel 2000 miles in March to Colorado where there is still a good chance for snow.
        Obviously, it would have to be CC. Just looked it up, Colorado Spings avg temp in Match, 54 degrees with almost 20 days of sunshine. The east side of the Rockies are awesome in spring. I would take it over any east coast game in March.

Don’t see CC beating Bowdoin but should give them a good game.
        HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

Laxdad3 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 am
        Jumbo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am

Obviously, it would have to be CC. Just looked it up, Colorado Spings avg temp in Match, 54 degrees with almost 20 days of sunshine. The east side of the Rockies are awesome in spring. I would take it over any east coast game in March.

Don’t see CC beating Bowdoin but should give them a good game.
          Game MIGHT be close for the first quarter.
          ah23

Post by ah23 »

UpperCorner22 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:51 am How certain are you about that one? I haven't seen MIT play - but I have seen Amherst play...
          This is a really fun matchup, but honestly I was disappointed that MIT’s reward for going undefeated is driving six hours out to Rochester to play a top-15 Amherst team. Hosting was probably never a realistic possibility with their schedule, but I would have loved to see the Engineers in the Tufts pod.

Anyway…if 1. Sardis (MIT FOGO) is good to go and can tilt the field, and 2. a few other things break MIT’s way, I think they have a chance to surprise some people. MIT is good. I’m just not sure many people have seen them play. They beat Williams, beat a tough Babson team twice in five days, and blew the doors off Springfield twice (not that Springfield is a some elite team this year; the point is that MIT beat Springfield by similar margins as Tufts and Wesleyan).

If they’re trading possessions and have to play Amherst straight up…that’s a tougher ask. I think the Engineers are well coached and make smart adjustments but I don’t love the matchup from a talent standpoint, especially when they’re on defense. Think the most likely outcome is Amherst by a handful.
          HomerCoach wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:07 am Game MIGHT be close for the first quarter.
          Yeah, I think Bowdoin is going to blow them out. This is not the same Colorado College everyone is used to.
          Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

In the first round, lots of mediocre teams playing mediocre teams and lots of blowouts but, also, several good, relatively evenly matched teams. Like...

MIT #12 vs #15 Amherst 05/14/2022
          Wesleyan #21 vs #13 RPI 05/14/2022... Could be a blow-out.
          Gettysburg #17 vs #27 Roanoke 05/14/2022... Could be a blow-out.
          Washington and Lee #25 vs #23 Cabrini 05/14/2022
          Caddy Day
          Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
          Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For the May 11 games, I see nothing but blow-outs:

1 Stockton #22 vs #73 UMass-Boston
          2 John Carroll #28 vs #87 North Central (Ill.)
          3 Stevens #42 vs #78 SUNY Maritime
          4 Sewanee #92 vs #120 Benedictine... Maybe not a blow-out.
          5 Albion #67 vs #146 Dubuque
          6 Norwich #85 vs #184 Maine Maritime
          Caddy Day
          InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 am In the first round, lots of mediocre teams playing mediocre teams and lots of blowouts but, also, several good, relatively evenly matched teams. Like...

MIT #12 vs #15 Amherst 05/14/2022
          Wesleyan #21 vs #13 RPI 05/14/2022... Could be a blow-out.
          Gettysburg #17 vs #27 Roanoke 05/14/2022... Could be a blow-out.
          Washington and Lee #25 vs #23 Cabrini 05/14/2022
          I think Wesleyan and RPI will be a competitive game. Both teams play good enough D to keep it relatively close. But ultimately Wesleyan wins by 3-4.

Vs Middlebury
          RPI 14-11 win
          Wesleyan 12-11 win
          Wesleyan 17-9 win

Vs Williams
          RPI 9-12 loss
          Wesleyan 13-17 loss

W&L and Cabrini should be a good. Both teams are very good defensively. FO well and get good goaltending. I expect a low scoring affair as neither team is a particularly strong offense.

Vs Lynchburg
          Cabrini 9-15 loss
          W&L 11-10 win

Vs York
          Cabrini 6-9 loss
          W&L 7-8 loss

Vs Hampden-Sydney
          Cabrini 8-6 win
          W&L 14-8 win
          W&L 7-8OT loss

I expect both of these to be very competitive games.
          Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:00 am I think Wesleyan and RPI will be a competitive game... But ultimately Wesleyan wins by 3-4.
          I'll take RPI. Might even be RPI running away...
          Caddy Day
          MDlacrosse45

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

I am going to say Cabrini rolls W&L. How did W&L even get in the tournament? They got smoked by a Catholic team that had to win their AQ to get in the tournament and only have one good win in beating Lynchburg. You could make an argument that Hampden Sydney should deserve to be in over them. The selection for the D3 tournament doesnt make a ton of sense.
          BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:12 am
          InsiderRoll wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:00 am I think Wesleyan and RPI will be a competitive game... But ultimately Wesleyan wins by 3-4.
          I'll take RPI. Might even be RPI running away...
          I have seen both teams live, and it seemed like RPI had the ability to play at top tier level, but they could not flip the switch to get going. I'm with Insider on this game, Wes by a few goals.
          ah23

Post by ah23 »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:21 am I am going to say Cabrini rolls W&L.
          I'm not. They might win, but Cabrini has struggled with literally every halfway decent team they played this season. Their largest margin of victory in seven wins over Haverford, H-S, Cortland, DeSales, Colorado College, Eastern, and Scranton was four goals. Average MoV there was 2.7 goals, and that’s against teams that were generally getting blown out in their other ranked/RV matchups.

Also, if you think W&L doesn't have a good tourney resume, I don't know why you're high on Cabrini. Ranked wins over H-S (by 2), Cortland (by 3)...and that's it. The nicest thing you can say about their resume is that they generally kept it close in losses to good teams.
          How did W&L even get in the tournament? They got smoked by a Catholic team that had to win their AQ to get in the tournament and only have one good win in beating Lynchburg.
          They have a high-level win over Lynchburg, they blew out Baldwin Wallace, Hampden-Sydney, and Randolph-Macon, and they beat Roanoke.

Also: by this logic, Hampden-Sydney has zero good wins...unless you count W&L, which would be kind of funny.
          You could make an argument that Hampden Sydney should deserve to be in over them. The selection for the D3 tournament doesnt make a ton of sense.
          In all seriousness, what's their argument? They have a worse record than W&L against regionally ranked teams, they don't have a win as good as W&L's win over Lynchburg, and they lost multiple games against borderline teams (that W&L beat) that they couldn't afford to. I really don't see any argument for them over W&L. They lose every comparison.
          charliefayispredator

Post by charliefayispredator »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:21 am I am going to say Cabrini rolls W&L. How did W&L even get in the tournament? They got smoked by a Catholic team that had to win their AQ to get in the tournament and only have one good win in beating Lynchburg. You could make an argument that Hampden Sydney should deserve to be in over them. The selection for the D3 tournament doesnt make a ton of sense.
          You could also make an argument that Bates should be in the tournament. Doesn't mean that it's a good one.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”