NY Section I (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam)

HS Boys Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: NY Section I (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam)

Post by Matnum PI »

John Jay Lacrosse
@johnjaylacrosse
HE’S BACK HOME
Michael Bocklet has been announced as head coach of the John Jay Men’s Lacrosse team.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:32 pm John Jay Lacrosse
@johnjaylacrosse
HE’S BACK HOMEr)
Michael Bocklet has been announced as head coach of the John Jay Men’s Lacrosse team.
John Jay's new coach has the program improving quickly (in the last two years the program lost some key players to transfers to private schools and COVID).

On Tuesday, Rye beat section 8 Cold Spring Harbor: Rye 7, Cold Spring Harbor 3.

On Thursday, April 21st: John Jay 10, Rye 9 OT

Here are some important games on slate for today, Saturday, April 23rd, including some Long Island match-ups:

Byram Hills at Henry Hudson, 11 a.m.
Somers at Pleasantville, 11 a.m.
Briarcliff at Shoreham-Wading River (section 11), noon
Farmingdale (section 8) at Mamaroneck, 1 p.m.
Yorktown at Chaminade, 1 p.m.
Lakeland/Panas at Rye, 3 p.m.
Reddogg

Post by Reddogg »

Any predictions on Sectionals this year? Looks like B and C are wide are going to be up for grabs.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Reddogg wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:35 pm Any predictions on Sectionals this year? Looks like B and C are wide are going to be up for grabs.
This season, the best teams in order are : Briarcliff (D), Marmaroneck, (A) and Rye (B).

Briarcliff already beat Mamaroneck. Rye plays Mamaroneck this afternoon, Saturday, May 7th , so we will see who is #2.

In recent years, the strongest conference in Section One has been Class D with Briarcliff, Bronxville and Pleasantville vying for the top spot. This year, Class D is down, with Pleasantville playing a lot of young players.

In Class A, Mamaroneck and Scarsdale have been strong. Scarsdale is down, but improving.

Rye dominated Class C, but moved up to Class B this year, which the Garnets now control. This has left a vacuum in Class C, with Byram Hills (Armonk), Pelham, Tappan Zee and Henry Hudson (Cortland/Yorktown) vying for the lead. Byram Hills beat Class B Somers, so I think the Bobcats have the coaching and experience to represent Section One in the states.

Rye is very good, handing nationally ranked Cold Spring Harbor (Section 8) its only loss on April 19th by the score of 7-3. Two of the Garnet's star players, Owen Kovacs (Bucknell commit) and Cading Whaling (North Carolina commit) went down with an injuries. However, if Rye is healthy, they can make some noise in the states. (Briarcliff lost Matt Waterhouse-Villanova commit for the season).

Here are some key wins and losses for these three best teams:

Briarcliff, Class D:
Beat Mamaroneck 11-10
Beat Rye 11-8
Lost to St. Anthony’s 15-6
Beat Ramapo 11-6
Lost to Shoreham-Wading River (Sec.11)8-11
Beat Yorktown 12-4

Mamaroneck, Class A
Lost to Briarcliff, 10-11
Beat Yorktown 11-5
Beat Greenwich 11-10
Beat Bronxville, 14-8
Beat Farmingdale (Sec. 8) 7-5
Lost to Wantugh (Sec. 8) 10-15

Rye, Class B:
Lost to Briarcliff 8-11
Beat Scarsdale 10-9
Lost to Ridgefield 15-4
Beat Yorktown 9-7
Beat Cold Spring Harbor 7-3
Lost to John Jay 9-10 OT
Beat Bronxville 12-6
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Class B Rye upset Class A Mamaroneck, 7-5.

I believe Kovacs and Whaling played tonight for Rye.

https://events.locallive.tv/events/74915
Reddogg

Post by Reddogg »

NYSection1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:32 pm
Reddogg wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:35 pm Any predictions on Sectionals this year? Looks like B and C are wide are going to be up for grabs.
This season, the best teams in order are : Briarcliff (D), Marmaroneck, (A) and Rye (B).

Briarcliff already beat Mamaroneck. Rye plays Mamaroneck this afternoon, Saturday, May 7th , so we will see who is #2.

In recent years, the strongest conference in Section One has been Class D with Briarcliff, Bronxville and Pleasantville vying for the top spot. This year, Class D is down, with Pleasantville playing a lot of young players.

In Class A, Mamaroneck and Scarsdale have been strong. Scarsdale is down, but improving.

Rye dominated Class C, but moved up to Class B this year, which the Garnets now control. This has left a vacuum in Class C, with Byram Hills (Armonk), Pelham, Tappan Zee and Henry Hudson (Cortland/Yorktown) vying for the lead. Byram Hills beat Class B Somers, so I think the Bobcats have the coaching and experience to represent Section One in the states.

Rye is very good, handing nationally ranked Cold Spring Harbor (Section 8) its only loss on April 19th by the score of 7-3. Two of the Garnet's star players, Owen Kovacs (Bucknell commit) and Cading Whaling (North Carolina commit) went down with an injuries. However, if Rye is healthy, they can make some noise in the states. (Briarcliff lost Matt Waterhouse-Villanova commit for the season).

Here are some key wins and losses for these three best teams:

Briarcliff, Class D:
Beat Mamaroneck 11-10
Beat Rye 11-8
Lost to St. Anthony’s 15-6
Beat Ramapo 11-6
Lost to Shoreham-Wading River (Sec.11)8-11
Beat Yorktown 12-4

Mamaroneck, Class A
Lost to Briarcliff, 10-11
Beat Yorktown 11-5
Beat Greenwich 11-10
Beat Bronxville, 14-8
Beat Farmingdale (Sec. 8) 7-5
Lost to Wantugh (Sec. 8) 10-15

Rye, Class B:
Lost to Briarcliff 8-11
Beat Scarsdale 10-9
Lost to Ridgefield 15-4
Beat Yorktown 9-7
Beat Cold Spring Harbor 7-3
Lost to John Jay 9-10 OT
Beat Bronxville 12-6
Awesome information. Lots of great lacrosse to go.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”